Subconscious Trigger

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Subconscious Trigger

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri May 27, 2016 11:18 am

Sylas was determined to get out of the car himself so he moved slowly. He did manage to get out though he stumbled. It was a good thing that Georgie was there otherwise he was sure he would have fallen onto his face. this really wasn't fun. He couldn't wait until he was all cleaned up. He wondered if human who were sick felt as he did now. He had never been sick before so it was a new experience that he didn't much care for. If human sickness as anything like this, he understood why they were grumpy and didn't want to move a muscle.

Timothy was right there to and the two humans were able to bring Sylas over to a table he had set up for this occasion. Sylas was laid down on the table and the AI was quick to close his eyes to try and rest and gather strength while Timothy rushed about to bring everything they needed.

"Okay I have the de-greaser," the scientist answered and showed her the can. Sylas reached out and took it into his own hands then and opened the part in his chest again. He couldn't move his hand enough to get the bottle in though. Timothy watched the AI a moment before he took the can and put it into the port. A click could be heard and the area sealed itself again. A loud hum escaped the AI as the de-greaser then began to go through his body. He was cleaning himself. He was using the solution to moisten the burnt up oil an once it was no longer caked onto his system, he was able to flush it out. This was seen when the robot unceremoniously rolled over and.... threw up. He threw up three times before his system was clear of the burnt up oil.

"Unbelievable..." Timothy murmured as he watched it all. "So human and electronic all at once. Really a masterpiece."

Sylas panted as he rolled onto his back again and stared up at the two doctors. "The oil.. I need the oil..." he said then in a weak voice. His body was starting to overheat again from he exertion of the cleaning. Timothy offered the oil to him and Sylas quickly took the bottle and... drank it. He chugged the whole thing before he set the bottle down. He groaned as he felt the oil begin to lubricate his 'organs' and move through his veins. He twitched a bit as his body got accustomed to the sensation. After a few minutes the thrumming of his mechanics went silent. Absolutely silent. He smiled and touched his chest.

"Thank you. I will remain a bit warm until I cool down, but thank you. You have both helped me tremendously. I would have died without you both many times over," he mused.
“What are you?" she asked.
"A monster," said Kell hoarsely. "You'd better let me go."
The girl gave a small, mocking laugh. "Monsters don't faint in the presence of ladies."
"Ladies don't dress like men and pick pockets," retorted Kell. Her smile only sharpened.
"What are you really?"
"Tied to your bed," said Kell matter-of-factly.
"And?" His brow furrowed.
"And in trouble.”
― Victoria Schwab, A Darker Shade of Magic

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:59 am

Georgie was a ball of nerves as Sylas took the de-greaser can and attempted to stick it in the port in his chest. She bit her lip as Timothy took it and placed it inside. She felt such concern for Sylas in that moment. Had it taken too long? Was there irreversible damage? Georgie would feel horrible and guilty if after all of her attempts to fix him that now he suffered damage from poorly lubricated joints.

She made a bit of a face as Sylas bent over and threw up a black and putrid substance. It smelled like burnt oil and metal parts. Timothy didn't hesitate to pass him the synthetic oil blend as Sylas asked for it. Georgie held her breath as he chugged the silvery liquid. This was the moment of truth. Had Timothy managed to create the correct blend?

After a few long and agonizing moments the whirring and mechanical sounds coming from his body began to soften and quiet down until they were perfectly silent. It was a bit odd for Georgie as she had grown accustomed to the hum and thrum of his body. She stared at him as he thanked them and she couldn't help but shake her head. It was impossible to tell now that he was machine. If Georgie didn't know than she would have a hard time believing he wasn't human. Galrin had done an incredible job in his manufacturing.

"You deserved help Sylas," she told him gently. She marveled at how seamless and perfect he was now. Part of her still couldn't believe her luck in finding him. She wondered if this was a dream that she would wake from. "Sylas, I don't know how the others like you are, but you are remarkable. You're very special and I hope you don't forget that." She smiled gently before she turned to Timothy.

"Isn't he remarkable? I can't believe they've mastered this level of technology." She sounded amazed as she spoke to Timothy.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Timothy was smiling as he watched the humanoid computer move around without a hitch in his step or speech. There was no hum of machinery or anything. All of his movements were really fluid. It really was a marvel. And to think, the Galrin's had mastered this technology. Hundred if not thousands of these soldiers were on the front line. While their own country was dying out their on the field, few actual people on the Galrin side of this war were dying. Most of them were robots.

"Yes, he is remarkable and the army of them that fight against us. Now... Now we have the opportunity to even the playing field," Timothy murmured and rubbed his chin. He looked to his friend then and approached her. He took her shoulders into his hands and sighed. He knew that she was starting to become to invested in the AI intellectually and emotionally. That was one problem he saw with robots that looked and acted so human.

"Georgie... we can't keep him under wraps. He is fixed up and functioning fine now. You need to take him to Central. The scientists there will have to take a look at him, inside and out. You know as well as I that that battle field is covered in our dead. Not Galrin's, ours. This could be the thing that helps balance the scales, Georgie. I don't know about you, but I don't want Galrin to win. I am sure you can talk to the higher ups and get yourself assigned onto the investigation team. You did find it and you helped repair it. You already know more about him than anyone else at Central. Your intelligence is going to be valuable. Please tell me you'll go and take him there. I don't want them to one day find out you had him and then they'll bring you in for treason instead of collaboration. They'll take him either way." Timothy genuinely did not want to see harm come to his friend. They had been through a lot together.

Sylas looked between the two as listened. Timothy was right, he was sure. "George, I do not wish for harm to come to you either. You've saved my life multiple times already. Let me help you know."

FaddedFox
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Georgie frowned as Timothy murmured. They did have an army of these incredible machines fighting against them. She faltered a bit in her thoughts. Were they all like Sylas? Was Sylas merely the product of a cookie cutting assembly line? She could hardly believe that she wouldn't be able to tell him apart from one of his counterparts. He was unique and she whole heartedly believed him to have his own conscious and awareness.

Timothy's grip upon her shoulders quickly jolted her from her thoughts. He was giving her that look she knew all too well. He had given it to her in the past. It was always when he believed she was getting in over her head or doing something she shouldn't. She hated this look, mostly because he was always right.

"I know, I know." She rushed to say. Even though she knew she still felt the fibers within her crying for her to not hand him over to scientists that wouldn't appreciate him or understand him in the way that she did. Her mind turned to a darker thought. Galrin had certainly decimated thousands of their lives. There was one life in particular that was important. Georgie could still remember the sensations she had felt the day she had found him lying upon the battlefield with no life left in his eyes.

A flash of determination fill her if but a little reluctantly.

"I know Timmy," she repeated but this was less defensive and sounded more defeated. She couldn't keep Sylas. Timothy was right. If she handed him over willingly than there was a high chance she could be on the team that evaluated him and perhaps then she would be able to protect him a little bit from what would happen once the scientists got their hands on him.

For a moment she almost regretted investing so much effort into saving him only to turn around and place him in hands that would never release him. Was this the better alternative?

"Sylas," she began quietly and took a couple steps over to him before she stopped within arms reach. "This is still your life. If I hand you over to my government you will have no free will. Everything will be dictated for you and they will only use you to create our own army of AI." She paused and flicked her eyes over to Timothy briefly. "The choice is yours. You can leave now and lead your own life, or you can come with me and I'll turn you over." She knew she'd be arrested and imprisoned, likely the rest of her life, but she suddenly felt it was worth it for him. She couldn't explain why and she knew Timothy would disagree with her.

Sirius Baren
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!