Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Subtle Sickness Infects the Colonies

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

A Subtle Sickness Infects the Colonies

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:58 pm

Lagrange 03 Cluster: Auxillary Prime

It was the night cycle on L3AP, the government buildings had been all vacated, except for the odd janitor and overworker milling about. In the office of Jeremy Traven, the man himself sat finishing up his work. It had been a long day, government in wartime was never pretty, and despite his ability to keep up with the enormous workload he hadn't been promoted since the Mariemaia scare of AC196...

The door creaked open, and in popped the head of a raven-haired young woman wearing a janitorial uniform. She looked around uncertainly and spotted Jeremy.

"Hello, Mr. Traven?"

"Yes?"

"Hi, I'm Millie, I was sent to clear things up here?"

"Ah, hello Millie. I was just on my way out, be sure that my pictures are still straight when you're done."

Millie saluted, a bit sloppily, but that was to be expected from someone new. Traven nodded and stepped past her, suddenly intent on spending some time with his wife.

Millie went to work cleaning the office, she plugged the vacuum cleaner into a socket next to the security camera's and kicked it on. The extra power being used made the signal fuzzy. The only distinguishable feature was that there was a person in the room, going about their business.

Millie went straight to her real objective, she picked the lock of Traven's desk drawer and looked through it, under a pile of pencils was a small piece of paper that looked like it hadn't been seen in years. On it was hastily scribbled a login name and password. Traven had obviously memorized it through extended use...

Quickly logging onto the computer, Millie connected to the L3ISS (Lagrange 03 Information Sharing System). This computer was used to create file backups for important data...

Producing a disc from her pocket, Millie uploaded a file containing information on the New York Harbor attacks... and a special something else...

She left the page, and restarted the computer, using the same username and password. It was time to check to see if it had worked... Returning to the file upload page, she uploaded a file on the construction of the African Base, and the crash into it. Leaving the page, she went to an information access area, and clicked the new link to find information on the African Base...

"The Information you requested is currently unavailable, please log off, and try again."

Perfect.

The virus that had been planted would replace all newly uploaded information with that exact same message every time. All of the old information would remain, making it seem like a hiccup in the uploading system... Traven would be investigated, he'd be blamed for the newly uploaded virus, and L03 would be left without a way to share new information, except by manual paper.

Millie finished vacuuming the room, and unplugged it. The security camera came back into clarity, showing the new janitor packing up her cleaning supplies and heading out.

Meanwhile, on The Enkido, with coordinates back to The Gilgamesh, Estovana Water smiled to herself. She knew that on the other four colony clusters, it would be only a matter of time before other Defenders would be heading back to The Gilgamesh after destroying the Colonies' ability to upload and share new information.

Delaying the Colonies' ability to communicate in and externally was as much defending the Earth as destroying aggressive colonial MS. If this is what being a Defender would be all about, Ess thought it would be wonderful to be one.

Just wonderful.
Last edited by Zach_Rendar on Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:09 am

Kiyoshi silently made his way into one of the Government buildings. He had a stack of papers under his hand which were his new orders he had planned to implement earlier, but moving into a new estate took time away from it and since he prefered working at nights, decided to go ahead with his plans. He walked down the dark hallways making his way towards his office. His sunglasses were hanging from his suit jacket's front pocket. Even though he felt safe in a government building, and one that he was the leader of, his cold eyes were still cautious. The previous nights he had met a few of the janitors and as he walked down the hall he saw one he had not met, who quickly turned down a hallway not noticing him. Quickly he picked up his speed and came around the corner and smirked.

Someone's moving briskly for someone who works so late...

Kiyoshi spoke his words in a clear manner, but in a tone that almost demanded an unspoken "Who the hell are you?". He had avoided this, because he was making an attempt to stay on everyone's good side on the colony. His cold eyes stayed on her, and as she stopped Kiyoshi flicked on a nearby lightswitch, illuminating the hallway that they stood in. If it wasn't for the smirk on his face, his eyes may have chilled anyone to the bones.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:24 pm

"Someone's moving briskly for someone who works so late..."

Millie froze, nobody was supposed to be here! No one should have seen her except Traven. Oh God, what was the backup plan? Oh yes, that was it.

"Los sientos, SeÃąor, no hablo inglÊs."

The man smirked, but his eyes said something else entirely. The silence stretched between them like a rubber band...

Snap.

"Eh... yo necesito pasar la aspiradora."

It was a lame response, that much was obvious.

"Oh please, you have a distinctly European look about you, your accent hints at a German upbringing, y su EspaÃąol aspira asno."

Oh crap!

Panic overriding her common sense, Millie threw the vacuum at the man and made a break for the stairs.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:39 pm

Oh please, you have a distinctly European look about you, your accent hints at a German upbringing, y su EspaÃąol aspira asno.

The girl threw the vacuum at Kiyoshi and ran off down the hallway. Quickly he caught the vacuum and threw it to the side and then ran as fast as he could after her. Even though he had spent years in cryosleep, when he awoke he continuesly trained his body so he would not lose any of his physical prowess. Quickly he caught up to her and grabbed her right arm as it moved behind her back. In one swift motion he pulled her to him and put her up against the wall, making absolutly sure she couldn't move.

You're not good at not being suspicious are you?

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:28 pm

Millie was frightened. She had only wanted to prove that she was as good a somebody as the guys on The Gilgamesh, and now she was caught! What did Ess tell her to do when caught? What? What?

The thought had barely come to her when she brought her knee up with a small shout. It hit the man between the legs. The man winced, but didn't let go. His hold on her tightened.

There was no way out of this...

Fidgeting under the man's grip, Millie leaned forward and slammed herself back onto the wall, the disc in her back pocket snapped in two, effectively destroying the information on the disc.

Well... what would happen would happen now...

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:54 pm

Kiyoshi was screaming in the back of his mind. He had a high tolerence of pain, and could keep himself from showing it, but a blow to any man's crotch really, really hurt. Kiyoshi took in several deep breathes as he held the girl tightly up against the wall. Finally, he thought he could speak with out his voice being high pitched, or showing any ounce of pain.

No one ever wants to do this easy, do they?

There was a slight evidence of pain and squeeky-ness to his voice, but not as bad as it could have been. Kiyoshi then brought up his right leg and put his knee up and pushed it into her back and held her with one hand.

Not only am I up late with work I got to do, but I have to watch a prisoner...

Kiyoshi shakes his head and takes off his tie with his free hand and then pulls the girls arms back and ties her hands together as tight as he can. He then put his right hand into his pocket took it out and put it up to her back poking her with his index finger, to make her think he had pointed a gun to her. He kept it low so that even if she did look back she couldn't see it was his hand. Then Kiyoshi placed his left hand on her shoulder, making sure she could not run off from his tight grip.

Now then, we're going to go back down the hall, cause I threw my work down when you threw that vacuum cleaner at me. Face forward, don't look back. Now...Walk.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:12 am

OhGodOhGodOhGod!!!

Millie knew she was in trouble, her hands were tied behind her back, a shard of the shattered disc had lodged itself into her back (she could feel the blood trickling out), and she had a man with a gun leading her around an abandoned office building.

The man ordered her to pick up the papers and go into an office. By now tears were flowing freely down her face. A million horrible thoughts were running through her mind; rape, torture, and death being highest on the list.

"Now, just sit in the corner, if you turn around, I'll shoot you, sit there on your knees. I have work to do."

The man's voice sounded a bit softer than that of a maniacal killer, but it was still very frightening to be held hostage at gunpoint like this.

As Millie sat in the corner, facing the wall, her mind began its fight-or-flight programming...

Fight or Flight?

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:25 am

Kiyoshi took the papers and walked to the door and made sure to lock it before he walked behind the desk. As he turned around, Kiyoshi put his "gun" back into his pocket and sat down in the chair.

Does your back hurt?

Kiyoshi looked over at the girl as he started up the computer and shuffled the papers. He then logged in and began to upload his information about the newly converted Mobile Suit Factories. Then decided to check the news around the colonies. Getting an error, Kiyoshi shook his head and then looked at his watch and then restarted the computer. He then looked at the girl again. Noticing she was very frightened, which was expected, he decided to hopefully lessen it and shield his cold eyes from her. Slowly he put his sunglasses on and sighed.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm

"Does your back hurt?"

Millie's mental planning of her escape suddenly derailed when her captor asked her this. What in L3 was that about? It didn't matter, he still had her captive, and getting out of here was her priority right now.

She needed some sort of cue, something that would tell her he was distracted... even mildly.

The man sighed resignedly, something on the computer had frustrated him!

With reflexes that only fear can bring a person, Millie sprang from her corner and dove behind a potted plant next to the wall, when a gunshot didn't peal out, she leapt towards the door, reached the handle-

It wouldn't turned. Her captor had locked it.

She chanced a glance over her shoulder, the man had put on a pair of sunglasses, but the look on his faced spelled out incredulity like nothing else.

"You didn't really think it would be that easy?"

He leapt over the desk, his fist drawn back, he struck her in the neck as he landed.

Millie was unconcious before she hit the floor.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:01 pm

You didn't really think it was going to be that easy?

Kiyoshi hated to do it, but this was the second time he had a incident with this girl. In a quick motion, Kiyoshi was over the desk and brought his hand down hard against her neck knocking her out. Kiyoshi shook his head and sighed.

Like I said...No one ever wants to do this easy...

Kiyoshi gently picked the girl up and placed her on the desk. He had noticed the blood earlier and had planned to take her to the closest hospital himself later. Now he felt bad for what he had done and decided to make sure her injury wasn't serious. He turned her over and the blood had spread slightly. Kiyoshi walked up a med kit and removed it from the wall and came back over to the unconscious girl. After unzipping her janitorial uniform he turned her over and looked at the wound.

His fingers grasped the shard of material in her back and then pulled it out. The piece of plastic was lodged deep inside, Kiyoshi guessed from the events in the hallway. Anyone could have seen that it was once part of some sort of data disk. Kiyoshi put it in his pocket and then proceeding to field dress the wound. He wasn't a doctor, and maybe a simple bandage would have stopped the bleeding, but he wanted to be sure. After placing a piece of gauze and then taping it in place he zipped up her uniform. Putting some smelling salts under her nose, Kiyoshi looked at her as she slowly began to wake up.

Let's start this with a variation of my earlier question...Does your back feel better?

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:01 pm

Let's start this with a variation of my earlier question...Does your back feel better?

Millie, coming back into consciousness, could only nod. This man had patched up the cut in her back without doing anything dreadful to her. What was the deal with him?

It seems I won't be able to get any work done this evening, so I'm going to have to ask you come with me, and please don't try escaping again.

Without really thinking, Millie got to her feet and stood next to the door, the man unlocked and opened it, pushed her in front of him, put the gun back, and directed her to the colony's hangar bay.

The two of them entered the shuttle and took off.

"It's about time you met the people of L3"

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:58 pm

The two of them took what had been made into a personal transport shuttle for Kiyoshi. Kiyoshi had at first refused to actually have a shuttle for his own transport, but the people of L3 insisted. Kiyoshi sat with his prisoner beside him. He again sighed being as he became frustrated with the computers. The last piece of information he could get was from the New York Harbor attacks and at that was of no use to him. Kiyoshi looked at his captive through his sunglasses and guessed that if this wasn't just some random computer glitch, that she must have something to do with it.

I doubt your the brains behind this opporation.

Millie looked shocked as she was still trying to figure Kiyoshi out. Because her hands were tied behind her back still with Kiyoshi's tie, she could not escape from he safety harness that Kiyoshi had put over her when they got onboard.

I wonder if your superiors have noticed your absence? You were probably heading out before I noticed you. Here's a tip when your trying to accomplish some secret objective: Expect the unexpected.

After logging in once more, Kiyoshi was able to access a work schedule for the office building. After narrowing down the list of workers he saw that Jeremy Traven was the last one.

If you were involved in this, shall we say, inconvenience, then your plan was probably to have Mr. Traven take the fall.

Kiyoshi turned and picked up the phone next to him. The phone was a direct communication line to the main office on L03 Prime. As soon as the phone was picked up the comm. link was connected.

This is Kiyoshi. Have a Mr. Jeremy Traven from Auxiliary Prime arrested.

Kiyoshi smirks and hangs up the phone as he looked at Millie.

Whoever your working for will think that everything is going according to plan. Excluding your absence of course. Granted, if you are behind this communications trouble, your plan is already going perfectly. Divide and conquer? Was that the plan?

Kiyoshi looked forward not waiting for an answer.

If you cooperate I can guarantee your safety. If you do not cooperate when we reach our destination...I'll have to turn you over to my superior.

Kiyoshi looks at Millie again.

I don't know this 'Sin' very well, so I do not know how you will be treated. Speaking of which...

Kiyoshi slowly took out his }{G communicator from his pocket and smiled.

Not all communications have been disrupted.

Kiyoshi made sure to use an open channel. He thought all the members of }{G would need to know whats going on.

Come in Sin. This is Kiyoshi. I have a prisoner who may have been behind a plot that I will be conducting an investigation on as soon as we arrive in L03 Prime. I suggest you have everyone check their computer systems to see if they can access any data after the event of the New York Harbor attack. If they cannot, then things may be worse than I thought...

Kiyoshi depressed the button to talk and looked at Millie again. The fear she felt seemed to radiate off of her and Kiyoshi could easily read it.

I won't tell you to not be afraid, that would be foolish. You've been captured by the enemy. Not only that, but you've been captured by one of the enemies leaders. Your predicament is not good, but I assure you, you will be alright.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:14 pm

"I won't tell you to not be afraid, that would be foolish. You've been captured by the enemy. Not only that, but you've been captured by one of the enemies leaders. Your predicament is not good, but I assure you, you will be alright."

Scared? Crap, Millie was downright terrified. This man was making everything appear as though it was going to plan... except she wouldn't be going back to The Gilgamesh. She was going to be interrogated by L3's top people; people who knew how to get information out of her. She actually tried to forget what she knew about her mission and the people who had organized it, but it only made all the information clearer. She was better off not saying anything, and she knew it. And what was this about }{G? She thought that Hell's Gundams was merely Milliardo Peacecraft's secret police... they couldn't still exist, could they?

The shuttle soon made its way into the loading bay of L3 Prime, the first, largest, and most government-oriented of the L3 Colony Cluster. Kiyoshi, her captor, spoke again into the comm, and almost immediatly, several guards holding large rifles entered the landing bay. The shuttle slowed to a stop, and the hatch opened, Millie instinctivly heading towards the exit without being instructed.

"Now, with any luck, you'll get to speak to Sin himself. But be warned, he's not nearly as nice as I am."

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:40 am

OOC: Sorry for inactivity. I am reading everything, just not enough time to post. I'll try to post later today. I'll delete this post later or edit it.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:46 am

OOC: It's alright we can't be on here all the time.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:21 pm

OOC: Sorry, a friend of mine was involved in a car accident and passed away recently. I'll be unable to make any decent posts till the weekend. I don't mind if you guys act as if you're role playing me or continue without me.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:06 pm

OOC: I'm sorry to hear that. I'll just continue on like your for some reaosn not responded to the }{G communicator, unless someone else wants to act like you. I know it's not the best thing to say, but it's the only thing I can think of cause I know that pain because I had a friend that died in a car wreck too, but I hope that you are feeling better soon.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!