Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

Sugarcane and Weathervanes [OPEN]

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Sugarcane and Weathervanes [OPEN]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Burn One Down on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Image Image
if all our life is but a dream fantastic posing greed then we should feed our jewelry to the sea for diamonds do appear to be
just like broken glass to me

{"Tell me about a place I used to call my home."}

Welcome to Hail, Colorado, knestled into the Rocky mountains and known for two things; the near-daily torrential rain during any season it isn't snowing, and the fact that it is the last remaining safe place in the United States of America for supernatural creatures to congregate. Supernatural creatures have been driven into hiding for centuries, living as human in their human forms or simply living far away from human gaze, and belief has stuttered, faltered, and faded for the most part. They're superstitions, hardly anything more to the general public, but in Hail, inhibitions and the need to hide are pointless; this is an all-monster, all supernatural town with only the rarest human amongst them. Hail University and Hail High School are exclusively open to supernatural students, although attending class in human form is encouraged if not a rule, depending on the teachers. The open air market is populated by Naga saleswomen and farming fae. The tattoo parlor run by a kelpie and his werewolf assistant. For newcomers to the town, it's often the safest place they've ever been. But safety can't last forever, and that's something Hail Colorado is about to learn in the harshest way possible.

{"Tell me about all the people who I used to love."}

While I will not be requiring any specific character sheet, I will require you to submit a character with the following information. I'll also ask that you post it in this thread as your first post and wait for approval before making further posts. Your character will be added to the section below upon acceptance. Elaborations are gone into after each section on what type of character creation allowed.
Name|| Any names are permitted, full name preferred Age|| 15-infinite age permitted Gender Species|| Any supernatural species is permitted; nonhumanoid/human-looking supernatural species will have a human-looking form as well, although it might retain characteristics from their monster form. Faceclaim|| Real person only please! Appearance|| Both human and monster form, pictures are fine. Personality History You may also include any additional information you wish.

{"I'm sick and tired of recognizing every ghost who passes by."}

{| Characters: 2/? | Female: 0/2 | Male: 2/2 |}
NICO GREY |x| eighteen |x| werewolf |x| the tattoo artist's assistant and college student
SEBASTIAN VULTUS |x| twentysix |x| reaper |x| exiled prince

ImageImageI will place my trust in your ability to ask questions as needed and adhere to a reasonable roleplay environment without rules, as play by posting is supposed to be somewhat informal and I miss good oldfashioned roleplays of that sort. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything at all. Thank you.
Last edited by Burn One Down on Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Burn One Down
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Sugarcane and Weathervanes [OPEN]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasonRosecross on Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Name: Sebastian Vultus

Species: Reaper

Appearance: Human/ White suit, ice blue eyes, long blonde hair usually in a ponytail, black tie, and fair skin. Reaper form/ black suit, red tie, black hair, four large black wings, pale skin with black cracks, black eyes with white irises, sharp claw-like nails, and fang shaped teeth.
Personality: Quiet, usually calm, protective, only attacks when angered, and can lose control when he has a flashback.

History: He was Prince among Reapers until, in a fit of rage, he killed another Reaper. As punishment, his father sent him to the mortal world and wiped his memories of his past life. He is haunted by memory flashbacks that attack him at random. He found Hail, Colorado while he was searching for clues to his past, he also hopes he can live in peace here. His only companion has been his Raven, Nevermor

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MasonRosecross
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Burn One Down on Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:28 pm

ImageImageImage
i'll add him to the character list now and we'll begin when we have four characters.

Burn One Down
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitty2014 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:21 am

Name: Melusine Tanith

Species: Gorgon

Appearance: Human: Wild medium-sized gold blonde curled hair, gold/green eyes, lightly pointed canine fangs, medium cool skin
Clothes: fashionable casual to tailleur, always wears her amethyst cat-eye sunglasses
>>
Gorgon form: Wild Medium-sized golden/green snake hair, slit violet eyes, sharp fangs, olive-green scaled skin

Personality: Smart, Charismatic, kind of bossy and Creative. An almost typical Business Woman.(or bi-- cough cough)

History: Melusine was born in Corsica and raised only by her mother. She's known how to look like a human ever since she was a child, but her eyes had no disguise. Although she always used to her advantage her unnatural beauty and enchanting voice, she knew that if not careful, she could petrify any living creature with only one look.
As a local journalist reported some minor murder case around the neighbourhood, the camera lense accidentally caught her gaze. The camera that turned to stone was one of the greatest mysteries yet to be solved and soon hit national news, that was just about the time Melusine and her mother moved away to Hail, Colorado. Comfortable lifestyle, nice school, no reason for fear. Melusine is studying for an MBA in Pharmaceutical Management as her mother, Scylla, has her own medicine shop at the open air market.

>>Has a pet flamingo since it is the only pet that cannot be petrified -- as in lake natron<<

Unsure if it had to be a Gif or not so here go two faceclaim images (both Annalynne Mccord)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc4km ... o1_500.gif
http://0.tqn.com/d/beauty/1/0/7/z/Annal ... cord_4.jpg

If it needs any changes, please tell and I can't wait to play!

Kitty2014
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Undertrash on Sat May 28, 2016 1:53 pm

(If I can't use all three, I'll just use Elliot)

Name: Elliot Thompson
Species: Werewolf
Faceclaim: Andrew Garfield
Personality: Happy, excitable, and eager to please. He's got a very bright-eyed outlook on life, and is pretty naive. He's not the smartest person, but is pretty good at figuring out solutions to problems.

Name: Ezekiel Thompson
Faceclaim: Tom Holland
Personality: He's rather quiet and calculated. He's reserved when away from family, but given a few weeks, he can open up. He's very intellegent, but tends not to use his skills outside of hunting. He's probably the most trusting of humans, ironically, as he was young when the pack was split up.

History: For as long as he can remember, he's lived in Hail. He's essentially been taken care of by his brother, as his father struggles to provide for them on his own. Even so, the family is very close. Being raised outside of a pack, he's coming along pretty slowly in finding what class he is (In my own lore, he should've known by 15).

Name: Matthew Thompson
Faceclaim: Jeffery Dean Morgan
Personality: His pretty tense and distrusting of anyone outside of his boys, who's he's very protective. This isn't to say he's not social, and will chat up a storm, but it's unlikely he'll get too in depth with his own personal history with people doesn't know.

History: You know the story. Ever since, he's sworn to make sure no more of his children are hurt by humans, or any outside force. He finds it difficult to provide for them without his wife, but they get by.

Undertrash
Member for 5 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!