Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Re: Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby heirophant on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:46 am

the menu keeps disappearing when I shrink my window down. if you could fix that that'd be great, thanks...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

heirophant
Member for 0 years
Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat May 11, 2019 7:42 pm

Hey, I have a few current suggestions and requests:

* Create a way to "mark notifications as read." I have over 18K notifications and nothing makes that number decrease.

* Create an "x" to exit the pop-up information box in a place when inside a roleplay reading or replying to posts in a particular location. It's visually distracting and cluttering.

* Enable editing of a user's own posts past a brief time period.

* I also want to note that character pages have always been broken when a character's name includes certain non-standard diacritic markings. For example, two of mine include the following - if you click either link, you'll get an error: (1) Fātiḥ Sayılgan (2) Thục-Đoàn Phùng. It would be great if these errors could be resolved while enabling non-standard diacritics (for proper spelling! in this case of a Turkish and a Vietnamese name.)

Thanks!
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

Stunning letter from autistic survivor of electric shock torture in USA

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri May 24, 2019 9:00 am

New question - the chat tabs (a la Facebook chat) from a few years ago have popped up again at the bottom taskbar on the site, and they each contain messages marked as unread/new from everyone who has ever messaged me (but only a few of my responses as interlocutor). What is this? Is it mean to be a bug or a feature?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:46 am

Ylanne wrote:New question - the chat tabs (a la Facebook chat) from a few years ago have popped up again at the bottom taskbar on the site, and they each contain messages marked as unread/new from everyone who has ever messaged me (but only a few of my responses as interlocutor). What is this? Is it mean to be a bug or a feature?

It's the history of your chat whispers, in instant-messenger form! We'll be exposing more tools for all historical logs soon.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller

Tips: 1.50 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:16 pm

A lot of factors have gone into this site dying in the past few years, but one of the things that I think hurt was being able to easily track the new RPs at the top of every page.

I know you changed the layout of the site to give it a facelift and add new feature to try and give the site new life, but in process it became more convoluted and weird to navigate and it took away simple features - like seeing new RPs at the top of your screen - that really helped foster the community/group-RP aspect of the site.
*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"자살은 고통을 없애주지 않는다. 단지 다른 사람에게 고통을 전가 시킬 뿐이지." --->>*도움*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.50 INK in return for their work.

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!