Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Suicide Paradise

Suicide Paradise

a part of “Suicide Paradise”, a fictional universe by British.

Infinity is an afterlife world for young people who commit suicide. However, a girl's accidental death is mistaken for a suicide and now in order to have a second chance at life, she must convince the others to also return to their lives on Earth.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Suicide Paradise”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Suicide Paradise

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby British on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:51 pm

Welcome to Infinity; the world of young lost souls

On average, 3,000 people kill themselves everyday. Some are young, some are old. Some are wealthy, some are impoverished. Some are angry, upset or guilty. Others see it as the only way to escape.

You are naturally meant to die old though, so when a youth commits suicide, it is seen as a waste of life, and life is not to be wasted. These youth aren’t meant for the afterlife as they decided their own fate, leaving no place for them but “Infinity”. Infinity is a world of glee, youth and hope. It’s like Peter Pan’s world of Neverland; a place for the lost souls to gather and live. In fact, it’s more similar to Neverland than one would imagine.

There is a leader of Infinity. He wasn’t the first person to ever enter Infinity and definitely not the last. “God” didn’t grant him this position of authority and in fact, he never had ever asked to be the leader. Maybe it was his natural charismatic and humorous ways, or the intimidation of his persona when challenged. Whatever it was, he ended up as the “Peter Pan” of Infinity and has taken responsibility on making sure that everyone is alright, that things are running smoothly.

However, Infinity had not been designed for the purpose of permanent residence. Creating a world where suicide victims are allowed to live a carefree life would only promote the decision, and that was not what the higher powers wanted. They had designed Infinity to be a purgatorial state, allowing the soul to see how good living could be before allowing them to make the decision on whether they wanted to be brought back in time to minutes before they had killed themselves. It would not only give them another shot at their lives, but remove all emotional pain brought upon their family and friends.

The leader of the Infinity youth sees no need in returning to the horrid world of Earth, and refuses to leave the world of Infinity; the place where he can stay young forever. No worries, no trouble. He feels no guilt in his decision, as if he had been suffering enough to want to kill himself, his family deserved to feel bad. Of course, the Infinity youth took their leader’s side on the matter and have been refusing to give life another shot.

She was just an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life. On her way to work, she had fallen off of the train platform and onto the tracks where she was struck and killed seconds later. It was an accident but witnesses to the fall claimed that the girl had jumped off of the platform on purpose, and it was ruled a suicide. She has been brought to Infinity for a reason, despite not knowing it herself. In order to return to her own life, she must influence every one of the Infinity youth to return with her; including their leader, who despite clashing with, she seems to be falling for.

Rules:
-Literacy and detail is a must.
-If you have commitment issues, this is not the role play for you.
-All of the characters are human. No supernatural stuff.
-No reserves!

Roles:
-The Leader: He died at age 23 due to a self-inflicted gun wound. He was the first of the group to kill himself and arrive in Infinity is currently dating Girl #1. He is the unofficial leader of Infinity due to being the first here, but regardless of that, he's probably the most well-rounded one out of the six friends.
-The Accident: She was on her way to work when she accidentally tripped and fell in front of the incoming train. She died upon impact at age 21, leaving behind a dedicated boyfriend, promising career and loving family.
-Girl #1: She died at age 21 after overdosing on prescription pills. She's cynical, angry and impatient but her hard exterior seems to disappear when she's with her boyfriend (The Leader). He's really the only one who she gets along with, but she has taken a protector role to Girl #2, who secretly reminds her of the younger sister who she left behind on Earth.
-Boy #1: He died at age 21 after hanging himself. His parents, both successful doctors, had pressured him into going to medical school. When he was rejected from all of the schools he applied to, he saw no other choice but to take his own life.
-Girl #2: While she doesn't ever speak of her death, or really her life on Earth at all, everyone in Infinity would be surprised to know that the ditzy, bubbly and cheerful girl killed herself by gruesomely setting herself on fire at age 17. She's clueless most of the time and can be fairly annoying, but rarely does anything with bad intentions. (British)
-Boy #2: Original Character
-Girl #3: Original Character

Profile:
Code: Select all
[font=”georgia”] [right][img]realistic picture here[/img][/right]
[b]My birth name is:[/b]
[b]In Infinity I am known as:[/b] nickname
[b]I killed myself at age:[/b]
[b]My suicide was brought upon because:[/b] reason for suicide
[b]I like:[/b]
[b]I dislike:[/b]
[b]I’ve made a lot of friends in Infinity, including:[/b]
[b]The people here are great but I dislike some, including:[/b]
[b]People tell me that I am:[/b] personality
[b]Back at home my life was:[/b] background
[b]I am: role[/b]
[/font]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

British
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Suicide Paradise

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VenusFlyTrap on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Would it be alright to reserve boy #2~?
And if so, anime or real people?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VenusFlyTrap
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby British on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:37 pm

You are welcome to try for him! Real photos would be great :)!

British
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Can I reserve the accident??? :)

Miyer
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VenusFlyTrap on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:33 pm

I sent in Percy. *pokes fingers together* I hope you like him~

VenusFlyTrap
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:37 pm

I know you said no reserves, but I just wanted to post that I'm going to try for Girl #1.

BurningBridges
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlueWind_22 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:15 pm

Ummm... What does Original Character mean? is it like where you can send in any type of person you, yourself, just made?

If it is, I'd like to (NOT Reserve) just send in a character...
The price of being a sheep is boredom.
The price of being a wolf is Loneliness.
Choose one or the other with great care.

-Hugh Macleod

BlueWind_22
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby British on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:28 pm

Yes, you can make your own character.

British
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Sort of interested (in Boy 1). Will bookmark this and return later if the spot isn't taken.

What kind of word count/ frequency are you expecting from this roleplay?
slcam plz

pieluver
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby British on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:31 pm

I would say at least 250 words and a post once every 2-3 days!

British
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Hmmm.... I'll see if I can send a character in later tonight :3

pieluver
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby British on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Thanks to everyone who has applied! We just need Girl #3 now!

British
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OldManPsycho on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:33 am

AWESOME! I can't wait!

@British: I was worried my character wasn't what you were looking for in the leader. Thanks for letting him stay lol.

OldManPsycho
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Posted :)! Super excited to be participating in this!

BurningBridges
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OldManPsycho on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:41 am

So... I assume that they eat food while there, not that they have to, but more out of habbit or something. Maybe so that the newer people can adjust better, idk. It's not like they can die of starvation or die at all for that matter right? or am I assuming too much?

OldManPsycho
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby British on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Yeah, definitely! I think that they would go through normal Earth-like actions such as eating and sleeping, not because they are necessary but more so that they are used to doing them. They can't die since they are already dead.

British
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StarStruck on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:34 pm

I plan on posting once everyone else has so the scene can be established before my character enters!

StarStruck
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:34 am

^^ My plan is along those lines as well. Mostly because I don't know what to do with myself at the moment.

pieluver
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OldManPsycho on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:33 pm

So has everybody posted yet?

OldManPsycho
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:59 am

Front page says 7 authors. Looks like everyone's posted at least once :)

pieluver
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!