Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Summer movies!!!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Summer movies!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:58 pm

Man... it's over. Summer is done. So let us talk of the best and the worse movies this summer.

WARNING: There may be spoilers in this thread.

Anyways, I LOVED Tropic Thunder and I thought Mirrors was pretty good. I felt somewhat disapointed with Babylon A.D. though. Coulda been better.
Bai Bai bby

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Summer movies!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:03 pm

What the hell? You didn't mention Batman: The Dark Knight?... Wtf.. I should slap you! Lol.. That was my favorite movie... By far.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chihari on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:05 pm

House Bunny was funny, in my opinion. Hm The Rocker wasn't really that great, I wish I could get my money back.
♫♥♪He Got That Super Bass♫♥♪

Chihari
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:15 pm

I haven't seen that shitty looking movie yet? XD Sorrie but Katie ruined the last one for me.

I haven't heard of The Rocker and I wanna see House Bunny XD.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Iron Man was best!
The Dark Knight was good too though.
Speed Racer was also great for a dorky laugh. >.<

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sammie Spitz on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:15 pm

I only got to see a few early in the summer but, out of what I saw, I'm going with Iron Man. I usually don't pay attention to actors, but I have to say, Robert Downey Jr. did a fantastic job. He was just so much fun through that whole movie and he just brought the character out for me. Granted, my only memories of Iron Man are the morning cartoons from the 90s, but he really did a good job with it.

Speed Racer was a fun way to kill a couple hours. A bit campy, but from what I understand, part of the charm behind Speed Racer is the camp, so that was pretty much sticking to the story. My only problem was the same only problem I had with Transformers, they went crazy with the special effects and it was hard to tell what was going on half the time. Transformers, robots that looked like cars blended into buildings. In this case, everything was neon, so all the nice colorful cars blended right into it. :lol:

Kung-Fu Panda was better than I thought it would be. It was a kiddie animal flick, yeah, but they got some pretty decent moves out of the characters and it was worth taking up time.

Sammie Spitz
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Hancock was decent. It had a good premise and plot, but it could have been done a WHOLE lot better.
And Indiana Jones 4? It was no where near as good as the originals in my opinion.

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:24 am

The Dark Knight, hands down, kicked some mutha'-lovin' ass.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby melonhelmet on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:37 am

I only went to Dark Knight. But I watched a Movie called Duplex with Ben Stiller on DVD it was horrible.
Image Image Image <----- Please Click All 3!

melonhelmet
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:34 pm

There weren't very many movies over the summer at all! All I really saw was the Dark Knight. I liked it, but I wasn't WILD about it, like just about everyone else was. *prepares for the tomatoes to be thrown her way* What? That's just my opinion. I'm not a big Batman fan though.

I still want/need to see Wallie. I also want to see the animated Star Wars film, even though I heard some mixed reviews. I like Star Wars and I don't mind animation.
♥Willow Waters♥
    7th year Ravenclaw, Half-Blood

Syren Song
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:45 pm

My brother works in a movie theater. He said Wall-E was dumb because there is no dialogue. I saw the last hour of the Star Wars movie (Waiting for Mirrors) and I didn't like it. They coulda shown that on Cartoonnetwork. Anakin was still emo to some extent but a way better actor! XD From the way it ended there will be more.

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:50 pm

(Ah, I knew that looked wrong how I spelled it!) Wow, Wall-E has no dialogue? I did not know that. That is very odd.

Ugh, so the animated Star Wars was a flop then? Yeah, I thought it looked like something that could have been a straight to DVD type thing. That's too bad. Well, if there is more, let's hope they do a better job! lol

Syren Song
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:05 pm

XD Yeah but people liked Wall-E.It was cute supposedly.

Anakin got his own Padmore or whatever they're called and she was kinda annoying.

I wanted to see Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2. I loved the first one.

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:07 pm

Padawan? Lol! Yeah, I wasn't sure how I felt about that.

Is Wall-E out now? Maybe we can downlehh...uh, rent it! XDD

Aw, I never have seen the Sisterhood movies either! :( Hehe I feel like I'm missing out now.

Syren Song
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:16 pm

All I've seen this summer is Wall-e. I LOVED it!! The no dialogue thing isn't exactly true (the human characters do talk, and so do some of the robots), but I can see where that idea would come from. Anyway, it's a really cute film, and totally worth watching! =D

..I haven't seen the dark knight yet, though... And I'm really annoyed about that ><
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:21 pm

Sisterhood of the traveling pants!?! A Must Watch!!!!! XD it really is a fun movie to watch Syren and you should try to watch the first one ( :

Oh and Wall-E was awesome!!!! There was dialogue but very little. Either way I would recommend all to watch it as it was extremely hilarious and touching.

DO NOT WATCH STAR WARS (animated). At least that's my opinion. It's a movie that is simply put; shamelessly promoting the collection. Once again that's just my opinion.

And I kinda also prefer Ironman over the Dark Knight.

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Aslin wrote:Sisterhood of the traveling pants!?! A Must Watch!!!!! XD it really is a fun movie to watch Syren and you should try to watch the first one ( :

Oh and Wall-E was awesome!!!! There was dialogue but very little. Either way I would recommend all to watch it as it was extremely hilarious and touching.

DO NOT WATCH STAR WARS (animated). At least that's my opinion. It's a movie that is simply put; shamelessly promoting the collection. Once again that's just my opinion.

And I kinda also prefer Ironman over the Dark Knight.

Great! Thanks! I will keep that one in mind then. I've been needing good movies to watch lately. :]

Ahh, so there's just not vast amounts of dialogue in Wall-E then - I understand. That doesn't seem bad. I still really want to see it. Everyone I've heard from said it was good, but somewhat sad. I can't wait!

Lol Are you serious? Why!? What is George Lucas thinking? Grr. The Star Wars series is so good too (in my opinion). That's just dumb.

Ha omg, ME TOO! I actually did like Ironman quite a lot. I thought it was a great movie. If ever I said that though to any of the uber-nerds I go to school with (it's an art and gaming college - lol there are many!), I'd be in for some major bashing haha.

Syren Song
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:05 pm

Oh...EM...GEEE!!!!!

WALL-E WAS AMAZING.

My favorite Pixar movie...EVAR.

EVAR DAMNIT!

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:11 pm

I agree with Aslin and Melfina when it comes to Wall - E ><!

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!