Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Sup Everyone

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Sup Everyone

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darthvader7 on Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:32 am

i'm new to this website but not new to roleplaying. can someone tell me how to get into a roleplay or that acadamy thing. any help would be welcomed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

darthvader7
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Sup Everyone

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralana on Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:31 pm

Hey Darth,

Ok, for one I have to give you props on the name since I am a huge star wars freak. So Rock on! *Cough* Anyways, I saw you posted where I did in the roleplay Academy forum and that is pretty much how you join. Someone should contact you about that soon or they post on the forum. Otherwise to join a forum based rp you just need to skim the rps and see what ones you are interested in, and see what requirements they have for joining. If you do roleplay star wars I know there is one about Star Wars in the fiction based forum so you might want to check that out.

Anyways, Welcome to the site! If you have any more questions feel free to ask any of the admins, or mods. You can pm myself if you want as well. Another thing you might be interested in as well is the chat channel we have. *points to little chat button* It’s a good place to get to know a lot of other roleplayers and to have roleplays as well. Um, that’s all the advice I can really think of at the moment, but if like I said if you have any other question just ask. No one really bites that hard and people are actually pretty nice.

Again Welcome to the site! Hope to see you around playing!
Ralana
STAR WARS

Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

[Vader makes a pinching motion and Motti starts choking]

Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing
American Physco

Patrick: I don't think we should see each other.

Evelyn: But your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends. I don't think it would work. You have a little something...

Patrick: I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I thought about that. You can have'em.

Patrick: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ralana
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:58 pm

Hey there! Welcome to RPGateway! ^^

Aelita
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:52 pm

I bite hard... but not people that I don't know. xD

Whats up, Darth! I think that, by your name, you will fit in in the Flourishing Republic
but I might be wrong! -=grins=-

Lemme know if there is anything that I can do for ya!
...Arise and be all that you dream....

Eymber
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darthvader7 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:40 am

i got like a few questions.

1. how do you join a rpg, do you just join in or do you need a character profile for the rpg.

2. i'm more of a anime freak but i also like star wars but there hasn't been alot of star wars lately so yea...ANIME.

darthvader7
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:23 pm

Hi there!

Welcome to Roleplay Gateway! I hope you enjoy your time here! To join an RP, you need to first have a character and then I would either ask in an ooc thread or PM the creator of the RP and ask if you can join.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralana on Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:31 am

darthvader7 wrote:i got like a few questions.

1. how do you join a rpg, do you just join in or do you need a character profile for the rpg.

2. i'm more of a anime freak but i also like star wars but there hasn't been alot of star wars lately so yea...ANIME.

1. Do what Faith said cause she is awesome and smart. ;)

2. Check out the Fiction based section. I know there is at least one star wars rp there and I bet there are some anime ones there as well. :)

Hope that helps
Ralana

Ralana
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.