Super Heroes

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Super Heroes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Okay so I'm sure we've all been a part of a role play where one is granted the ability to create a super powered character, sadly most of the time these role plays die off for quite a few reasons. But I won't bore you with the details on that as that is not the reason of this topic post. Any how I've suddenly gotten the urge to create a super hero role play. I already have a potential co-gm a pretty interesting character for said idea of a role plat but not an idea that has been thought up too well. So here is my idea of a super hero role play:

Introduction

Super heroes were considered gods and were basically worshiped until the government realized they were getting to powerful and at time they forced any child with super powers to be a part of an army to destroy other countries. Super heroes/villains were made illegal (for a lack of better words) and no one was allowed to use their powers or for there to be offspring. 20 years later a group of super heroes disappear leaving their children behind to wonder what had happened.

The children find out about their parents past as well as their old home base. So taking everything they have they go to said base and meet up with the other children who have powers.

The Plot

The plot would be them training or getting to know one another, the first would be their first training exercise, then they go out on a trip together run into trouble where they are forced to use their powers and they save the day. They are surrounded by people who are cheering for them but they leave after one of them (the destined leader) tells the others they should leave before the government come.

And so they do and they celebrate and start saving people more and more until finally super villains catch their interest and one of them attack/kidnaps a hero. The team goes in to save them but villain gets away but they also find out more on their parents whereabouts. Later on villains start coming out and finally the lead villain makes an appearance and tells them about their parents whereabouts. Team goes in search of parents but in the process a parent(s) dies while team tried to save them and the team splits.

Certain members try to find more on parents and when duty calls they are forced to band together and free their parents from villain who turned out to be the government and save the day. The government was trying to create super soldiers and managed too but the team, along with their parents defeat them and save the day.

~~~~
And that is my not so very well thought out idea. Of course having been in quite a few of these role plays myself I already know some of the reasons they die off to quickly.

1)There isn't a well defined plot to go by
2)Too many loose cannons, villains and heroes without a purpose
3)Over powered characters and mary/gary sues

How I plan to fix all this;

1)I, as you can see, have a somewhat developed plot to follow by but of course there is room and always will be room for side plots and character developments.
2)I'll only allow a certain amount of characters, probably six or seven, with an even gender although the seventh will be your choice. I'll give you the option of creating two characters but they will have to be villains but there won't be any spots for just villains. You must play a hero to create and play a villain. Often times when a player only creates a villain they have little to do. And when there aren't any villains it becomes difficult for the GM (me) to make suitable villains.
3)I won't accept characters who have telepathy, control over all four elements or ones similar to that. Rather I will allow about three powers, one major ability and one and/or two minor abilities. Of course you will need to weakness for the major ability and one for each minor ability. This way people aren't over powered or anything.

And well that's all I've come up with so far and I'm willing to hear your thoughts of a plot to go by. Sadly I won't be able to bring this role play to light until February due to school related issues and such. And I'd very much appreciate it if you were to not steal my halfway developed idea but if that does happen oh well. Not much I can do about it if you create a role play based on my idea due to you wanting to start early^^;
Bleach||A New Era
♀ Role Open
(10/25/16)
The Bear's Loft
CS's & future RP's

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Polarisbear12
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Super Heroes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:29 pm

I have a great idea for a sort of part hero, part villian girl. :) She's from one of the books I've written, but I'd love to cast her into your roleplay. A few adjustments, she'll be RP ready.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Makenna Young
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:33 pm

That's good news to hear^^ of course as I've said already I won't be able to get this role play up until February due to school:P Would you like me to pm you once I have it up? I am curious as to what sort of character you have in mind^^ my own character is female who has a big personality yet is small in size. I hope to have a plot twist with her character but any how enough of my own character^w^;

Polarisbear12
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:21 am

Sure! I can wait, but it would probably be best for you to PM me when it's up. xD

Makenna Young
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Alright will do^^ Oh I have another idea for a super hero role play but it'd be different from the one I gave you^^ it'll be more of gang with powers that are fighting against evil gangs or individuals who are too dangerous for the world. Mm think X-men or Static Shock kinda thing haha those were the best references I could make^^;

Polarisbear12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:31 pm

I would possibly be interested, but with no start date till Feb, it isn't a guarantee. I'll check back later.

El_Gringo
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:38 pm

That's fine, I'm just happy to see people, if only a few, have found interest in it. If only they would do the same for my own role play that's actually been madeXD

Polarisbear12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:44 pm

The gang idea sounds good to me, and I love Static Shock! :D

GiggledustJedi
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:00 am

I really don't care which one we end up doing. ^.^

Makenna Young
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naylaaa on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:56 pm

I would be interested in this. Mind PMing me when you're about to create it in February?

Naylaaa
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:19 am

Sure thing sweetheart^w^

Polarisbear12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:04 am

@Polarisbear12
Do you have an idea of what your profile skeleton will be, or can we make our characters now so that there's less to do when you make the RP? Also, do you want us to have a male and female character, or something else to keep the genders balanced?

GiggledustJedi
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:50 pm

@GiggledustJedi
well it would look something like this
Code: Select all
[center][color=choose color][size=200]|| INSERT FULL NAME HERE ||[/size][/color][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][color=color here][size=150][i]INSERT QUOTE HERE[/i][/size][/color][/center]
[hr][/hr]
[center][img]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE[/img]
[b]|| Theme Songs ||[/b]
Normal||[url=link]NAME[/url]||
Fighting||[url=link]NAME[/url]|| [/center]
[hr][/hr]
[left][img]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/left]
[b]||Super Hero Name||[/b]
[b]|| Age ||[/b]
(15 & +)
[b]|| Gender ||[/b]
[b]|| Sexuality ||[/b]
[b]|| Role ||[/b]
[b]|| Face Claim ||[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[right][img]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/right]
[b]|| Hair Color ||[/b]
[b]|| Eye Color ||[/b]
[b]|| Skin Tone ||[/b]
[b]|| Height ||[/b]
[b]|| Weight ||[/b]
[b]|| Appearance ||[/b]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[b]|| Personality ||[/b]
(2+ Detailed Paragraphs)
[b]|| Likes ||[/b]
(4+)
[b]|| Dislikes ||[/b]
(4+)
[b]|| Personal Weakness ||[/b]
(At least two)
[hr][/hr]
[hr][/hr]
[b]|| Abilities ||[/b]
(One major ability and up to two minor ones)
[b]|| Weakness ||[/b]
(Two for major, one for each minor)
[b]|| Biography ||[/b]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]URL HERE[/img][/center]
[center][color=][size=150][i]INSERT QUOTE HERE[/i][/size][/color][/center]

As for the genders, I've explained it earlier I think but it mainly depends on which story I go with. The same goes for the CS it might change slightly depending on which idea I use. I'm glad you've asked these questions dear:3

Polarisbear12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:49 pm

Alright my lovely's! So here is the idea that I shall be doing! Same goes for the character sheet:3

FREAK. . .

. . .THEM . . .

. . . MONSTER

All of these are names we have become used to being called. Names created by those who can't, or won't, understand us. By those who are blinded by their fear of the unknown, afraid of difference... afraid of POWER. They couldn't understand our potential, and for that they shunned us from normal life. But soon, they won't be able to ignore us any longer. They would have you think that you were born with a deformity, but you were born with a gift. A power.

We were born with our Gift. Our own unique ability that could change the world. Be it super strength, the ability to speak to the dead, the ability to see the future. This was Nature's, maybe even Gods present to us, for us to change the world with. No one knows exactly how many of us are out there in the world, but we exist. World governments are, for the most part, unaware of our abilities. But over the past few years, they have been becoming more and more aware of our presence in the world. Some of us keep our gift to ourselves, secret from the rest of the world. Some become all to open with their abilities, and are captured by the government. But WE refuse to hide. We refuse to deny the fact that we exist...

We are . . .

. . . the Wicked Ones.

We've been labeled as a gang, a group of ruffians who hang out in the slums of los Angeles, California. The perfect cover. The police just think of us as just a group of thugs, and just ignore us like every other gang in L.A. Little do they know, We're the real protectors of the city. While we have other bases across the U.S, L.A. is our capital. From here, we help protect people from the Others.

Like I said earlier, everyone is born with a gift. Most of those gifts are powerful, and have great potential for great good... but also great evil. Some of us are born unable to control our power. We call them, the Others, or the Otherkind.

They're the ones that give us a bad name... You see, it isn't exactly their fault. They're born with a gift that is to powerful for them to control, and so it takes control of them. Most of them are mindless, slaves to a hunger for destruction, while others are simply evil. As if they were born with no soul. For the most part, they cant be saved. So they must be put down... This is our job. To help protect people who cant protect themselves from these monsters... And if it means being labeled as freaks, and monsters, then so be it.

Where you fit in

You, though you may not know it yet, are one of us. You were born with the potential to shape the world into something new... Something better. What ever your gift, what ever your mastery of it may be, you are a Wicked One. Born with a unique power, you have grown up all your life without knowing anything about what you are. Are there others out there like you? Are you the only one? You ask yourself these questions daily, and just when you think the answer is no; you hear a rumor. A rumor that somewhere in the streets of L.A., there exists a whole other world. A world of freaks and monsters, a world of superheroes and super villains. Pushed to investigate by a voice inside of you, you decide to search for us...

In the southern part of downtown L.A., a gathering of the Wicked Ones was taking place. Somewhere where those who wanted to speak to the Wicked Ones could come. And where those who wanted to join could test themselves.

Information

+Characters should be between the ages of 15-30
- Your character can be what ever gender, but when you MAKE your character; look at the already existing characters. Try to keep the genders balanced.
- Your character can have WHAT EVER POWER you want, so long as it isn't telepathy, control over All four elements and powers that could be OP mainly because they tend to be overpowered and they generally cause problems. But, again, check the already existing characters first. Make sure the power you want isn't already in use. If you're not sure if the power(s) you have in mind are OP then please send me a pm explaining how it works.
- If you want, you can have your character be one of the Other. Just message me, and talk to me about your idea. I'm a real open minded person but you Must create a Wicked character in order to play an Other. Although Others will most likely be NPC depending on their role.
- As you may have noticed, I said power(s) instead of only power. This was intentional as I don't mind characters having more than one ability. HOWEVER I will only allow up to three, one major ability and/or one/or two minor ones. You MUST have weaknesses for the major ability and one for each minor one. Listing their skill set for their major ability does not count as minor abilities.
- Make your powers creative, and smart!

Welcome to the Wicked Ones.
Leader||
Right-Hand Man||
Veteran Wicked||
Veteran Wicked||
Veteran Wicked||
New Recruit||
New Recruit||
New Recruit||
New Recruit||
New Recruit||
Other||
Other||
Other||

Character Sheet
Code: Select all
[center][color=choose color][size=200]|| INSERT FULL NAME HERE ||[/size][/color][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][color=color here][size=150][i]INSERT QUOTE HERE[/i][/size][/color][/center]
[hr][/hr]
[center][img]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE[/img]
[b]|| Theme Songs ||[/b]
Normal||[url=link]NAME[/url]||
Fighting||[url=link]NAME[/url]|| [/center]
[hr][/hr]
[b]||Street Name||[/b]
[b]|| Age ||[/b]
(15 & +)
[b]|| Gender ||[/b]
[b]|| Sexuality ||[/b]
[b]|| Role/Rank||[/b]
(Other, New Recruit/Wicked Rank)
[b]|| Face Claim ||[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[b]|| Hair Color ||[/b]
[b]|| Eye Color ||[/b]
[b]|| Skin Tone ||[/b]
[b]|| Height ||[/b]
[b]|| Weight ||[/b]
[b]|| Appearance ||[/b]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[b]|| Personality ||[/b]
(2+ Detailed Paragraphs)
[b]|| Likes ||[/b]
(4+)
[b]|| Dislikes ||[/b]
(4+)
[b]|| Personal Weakness ||[/b]
(At least two)
[hr][/hr]
[hr][/hr]
[b]|| Abilities ||[/b]
(One major ability and up to two minor ones)
[b]|| Weakness ||[/b]
(Two for major, one for each minor)
[b]|| Biography ||[/b]
[b]||Why they joined/want to join/ the Wicked||[/b]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]URL HERE[/img][/center]
[center][color=][size=150][i]INSERT QUOTE HERE[/i][/size][/color][/center]

And there you have it! If you have any questions make sure to asknow. I might have it up on Thursday or Friday of next week if I'm lucky. Also if you have other ideas as to what the group can be called or the "villains" then by all means tell me!

Polarisbear12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:25 pm

Are we allowed to put written descriptions instead of pictures?

GiggledustJedi
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:20 pm

@Giggled
Sadly no, I'd rather you use pictures hence why the character sheet asks for Face Claims.

Polarisbear12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:30 pm

Alright my dears here's the role play link

Polarisbear12
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:59 pm

So it seems I am in need of a few more role players. Is there anyone interested? We're especially in need of new recruits but i don't mind adding more spots for veteran players.

Polarisbear12
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!