Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism »

Players Wanted: Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! »

Super Robot Wars: RP General Interest Thread

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Super Robot Wars: RP General Interest Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:00 pm

Name: Jin Shinsei
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 164 lbs.
Character Description: Jin has dark auburn hair with black dye tipping off his bangs. This wraps around his face of pale skin and light blue eyes. He wears a black, long-sleeved shirt under a sleeveless gray hoodie. He also wears simple denim jeans over a muddy pair of converse.Jin is very quiet on most occasions, and is very shy around newer people. But, whenever he gets to know someone,
Character History: Jin was orphaned by his parents when he was three. He was shortly after adopted by his uncle whom lived by himself as a mechanic on VF-1 Valkyries. Jin earned his way into a Valkyrie squadron at a young age. He soon after fought in the One Year War. He is renowned for taking down a small squad of enemy Valkyries with only one other ally alongside him.
Route: JP
Mech: Jin now uses a custom bipedal AC mecha. It is a steel black color with dark blue stripes running down the forearms. Its elbow joints lead down to spikes, which are the same dark blue color as the stripes. The mech has very little armor to give it increased agility and flexibility. It has two vulcan guns mounted on the shoulders, and has four boosters mounted on the back of the mech's legs (two to each leg). The AC is armed with an energy blade on it's left forearm, and it holds a semi-automatic rifle in the other. Along with the two boosters on each leg, there are also six more of them of the mech's back which are used for quick movements instead of general movement.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Falling
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:25 pm

Approved! Get to posting!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jack Reand on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:40 am

Name: Jack Reand
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 180 pounds
Character Description: There he stood, an example of exemplary physical attributes. Body was clad in a black flight suit that was as dull as the asphalt beneath the heavy space boots that were part of the suit. Body was slender but obviously atheltic under that suit, and dark brown hair hung down around his face, partially obsuring the surprisingly tanned face and piercing blue eyes.
Character History: Jack was unknowingly abducted from his family at the age of 3 to prepare him to take on the Newtype mobile suit with psycho technology incorporated into it. He was trained against large numbers of enemy mobile suits in a sub-standard suit and managed to come out on top through pure ingeninuity. He is more of a test subject gone perfect than normal person, so conversation is difficult. Upon turning 19, the military officials decided it was safe enough to hand over RX-0-Banshee, or the Unicorn Gundam with psycho frame technology in it to him. This new placement also granted him the rank of Lieutenant 2nd Class in the US military.
Route (US or JPN) : US
Mech (You can fill in a custom one if you want, just PM me about it, ok?)

Overall it's known as the Banshee Gundam but has two modes. Below is the description of both modes and details about them.

RX-0 Unicorn "Banshee" Gundam
Armor was pure matte black plates of armor that was reminiscent of the original developed models of gundams. Spike from the skull of the head giving the excuse for the Nightmare designation. Shield was attatched to left arm, reaching from knee to above head level and able to protect an entire side of said MS.

A pure black MS produced by the "UC Project," part of the Federation Space Force's reorganization plan. The entire movable frame of this experimental machine forms a psycoframe, and its responsiveness is incredibly high. It also incorporates a special "Laplace Program" OS and a system known as "NT-D (Newtype Destroyer System)."

RX-0 Unicorn "Banshee" Gundam (Destroy Mode)
Armor splits at the seams and slides outwards, revealing a red luminous glow from the depths of the moveable frame of the MS. This is thought to be a side effect of the psychoframe. Mobility of the MS is increased 10 fold as the MS is controlled by thought. Most often, this NT-D system activates when the pilot is outnumbered and desperate for victory. When activated, the horn splits and opens to reveal traditional gold gundam crown and face resembles Gundam features.

When NT-D is activated, the internal frame expands and the entire figure is transformed. In the process, the armor separates along its seams, and slides are released. A red glow can be seen where the internal frame is exposed by the gaps in the armor, and this is believed to be a psycoframe luminescence phenomenon. The machine's performance, in particular its mobility, is dramatically increased when NT-D is active. In it's normal mode, it sports a head resembling that of mass-produced MS like the GM. In this form, the psycoframe built into the entire body's movable frame reads the pilot's thoughts (psycowaves) and directly influences the unit's movements. In other words, the MS can ultimately be controlled by thought alone. However, when compared to one's idea of how a human body works, the stress of gravity on an 20 meter MS (more than 10 times the size) is extraordinary. Aided by the psycommu, the pilot's mind can only endure about five minutes of operation, after which a limiter is believed to activate, returning the MS to normal Unicorn form.

Unit type: full psycoframe prototype mobile suit
Head height: 19.7 meters (21.7 meters with antenna)
Weight: 23.7 metric tons
Power generator output: 3480 kW
Maximum thrust: 142600 kg
Sensor radius: 22000 meters
Armor: gundarium alloy
Operating system: Laplace Program, NT-D
Armament: beam rifle x 1, shield x 1, laser saber x 2

http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/unicorn/rx-0-banshee.jpg

Jack Reand
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:03 am

I might be wrong, but weren't Gai and Brewyair s'pose to fight?
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Walter Barrecks
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Latooni11 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:16 am

Name: Sylvia Shichi
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 92 lbs
Appearance: A young female of short stature, she would look very cute...if she cared to try. Almost always seen either in uniform or in a flight suit, Silvia is characterized by her pale blue hair, which is usually quite unruly despite only being shoulder length, her slim, small, unimposing physique, fair complexion, and an ever-present pair of glasses. The glasses are really an additional HUD display she uses, but she rarely takes them off even when out of the cockpit. She is very business-like and matter-of-fact.
History: Orphaned at a young age, the Titans found interest in her at age 6, as well as many other orphans, due to innate high reaction times, high spacial awareness, and a sharp intellect. Sylvia was pressed into a special development and training program. Recently captured by the AEUG, she has joined their forces. She holds the rank of Lieutenant.
Route: JPN
Mech: Wildfalken

Latooni11
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rokku on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:03 pm

Another character for me!

Name: Kazuya Katamuki
Height: 6' 2''
Weight: 185 pounds.
Character Description: Kazuya has short spiky blond hair and green eyes. He wears a black coat and pants with a red stripe and a Zeon emblem.
Character History: Kazuya Katamuki, the thought to be deceased brother of Kira Katamuki, has returned with the aid of SIRT. Now in a copy of his original body, he seeks to meet up with his younger brother, for reasons seemingly known only to him. Shortly after his return to life, he became romantically involved with a woman named Ceil, and after after jaunting around the Universe a bit, they eventually took residence on the Gryps space colony.
Route (US or JPN): Space (On Gryps)
Mech (You can fill in a custom one if you want, just PM me about it, ok?):

AMX-004 Quebely Mk III

A custom built machine, reconfigured from a captured Zentraedi Female Power Armor. It was rebuilt with a slimmer, more agile design (using plans from the original Quebely and the Quebely Mk II), and the ability to be used by a human pilot. The Rockets were replaced by Funnels optimized for the new Newtype pilot.

Weapons:

Beam launcher/Beam Saber x 2

Mounts in forearms for launcher mode, and held for Beam Saber mode.

Funnel x 10

Equipped with beam gun and stored in tail.
Last edited by Rokku on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rokku
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:51 pm

Latooni, may I suggest you leave the actions of a character up to it's owner. William was not on the battle field yet, but you claim he was fighting in a post. Please refrain from doing that.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Latooni11 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Sorry. I've cut him out of the post.

Oh Rokku, while I'm making a post here, is your new character a Newtype or not? While you don't list funnels under the Quebeley's weapons, indicating he probably isn't, it's still a suit made for newtype usage (Of course, I'm not saying non-newtypes can't pilot them.) You can also decline to say, if you prefer; I understand the desire to keep some elements under wraps to lessen use of OOC knowledge inadvertently while IC. I'm just curious.

Latooni11
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XaleManix on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:11 am

OOC: While I'm here to post my new character (Ceil C, my companion for Rokku's Kazuya), I feel like commenting. Me and Rokku developed these characters together. I forgot entirely about Funnels when we decided he should use a Qubeley. I leave it up to Rokku to decide in the end, however I think that even if beforehand he wasn't a Newtype, SIRT would *probably* resurrect him as one.

If I was bringing a soldier back to life with the intention SIRT had for Kaz, I'd make him a newtype.

and now to present Ceil C.

Name: Ceil
Physical Description: Young, Blonde hair. rather beautiful. Short-tempered at times. Sweet and Caring to those she likes. hell on earth to those she hates.
Character History: a Clone created by SIRT and inserted by a process much less violent then their origional sleeper cells (Sero and Ores, implanted in the 18th and 20th centuries, respectively) she did some work for them before secretly learning to hate them. When tasked with destroying the *black inkover*, she rebelled against her masters. She convinced SIRT to revive a fallen pilot, Kazuya Katamuki, for her task due to his relationship with *Black inkover* the two have since moved into space and taken up join residence on Gryps. It is rumored they are involved in a close personal relationship.
Interesting Notes: For a small celebration on Gryps, she dressed as Saber (Fate/Stay Night) and dragged Kaz (dressed as Squall Leonhart, FFVIII) like Zelda dragging link at the beggining of Minish Cap.
\<
Mecha

Memo Foward: Procurement
To: Rachel
CC: Cmd. Quatro, Gryps Mecha Registry, AEUG Mecha Database

>PMX-000 Messala
>Stolen from Titans holding.
>Custom paint job: Nadia Blue
>>2 x beam saber, power rated at 0.5 MW, stored in recharge racks in forearms, hand-carried in use
>>2 x mega particle gun, mounted in backpack booster binders, power rated at 11.3 MW
>>2 x 9-tube missile pod, mounted in shoulders
>>4 x vulcan gun, mounted in pairs in forearms, each pair is fire-linked
>>2 x grenade launcher, 3 round magazine per launcher, mounted in forearms
>>2 x vice claw, mounted on forearms

When I read that, I thought it was overkill too.

I'm not done.

>ORX-005 Gaplant
>Stolen with the Messale
>Custom Paint Job: Nadia blue
>>2 x beam saber, power rated at 0.6 MW, stored in recharge racks in hip armor, hand-carried in use
>> x beam rifle, power rated at 3.0 MW, mounted on arms

the Gaplant is more of a pushover then the Messala.
"You'd think after all the time I've been around, I'd have some form of an interesting quote, wouldn'tcha?" -Me

Image help me save a life, will you?

XaleManix
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rokku on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:22 am

Well, I'll implement the Funnels if someone tells me how they work...I can't put in a weapon I don't know how to use.

EDIT-Alright, I figured them out, so on they go!

Rokku
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fireyone on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Name: Soldato J ("J" for short)
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 190 Pounds

Character Description: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/gaogaigar/images//f/f0/Soldatoj.jpg
He's an Aloof man, a proud warrior, and prefers to work by himself to accomplish his goals, but as a Soldier and a commander for which he was created by the Red Planet Leaders, he seen's the value of working together with others thanks to the members of the 3G. He also does not like to have people standing in the way between him and his objectives, he will target friend if they are an adherence to his goals. This isn't to say he's a bad guy, he's just very devoted to his cause.

Character History: Soldato J (#002), the last surviving member of the Soldato Series of Cyborgs from the Red Planet, which was defeated by the 31 Primevals who lead to the mechanization of the Red Planet. After fighting with Arm (one of the leaders in the assault) he was defeated, and forced to flee into the wasteland of his once proud planet. His J-Ark, had been Mechanized and turned into Penchion, one of the Zonder Kings, who zonderized Soldato J into the Zonder King Pizza, locking away his proud Warrior memories, which during his time as a Zonder he and Penchion would terrorize the Earth, in an attempt to mechanize the planet as well. These attempts would be foiled by the members of 3G, time and time again. Pizza would later be purified by a surviving member of the Red Planet Arma, returnning him to his True self, they would also purify Penchion, returning him to his true form as the J-Ark.

Soldato J would be an instrumental tool against the 31 Primeval, who after the defeat of the Zonder kings, would come to mechanize the planet themselves. J after having a few bouts with Guy Shishio, pilot of GaoGaiGar, would grudgingly help the 3G fight to defeat the Z-masters, who would at a later date retreat to Jupiter, to use the ancient power source only as "THE POWER" to move their plans foreward. He, along with the members 3G, would go to Jupiter and fight the Z-Master, and J would be lost to the outer reaches of space by sacrificing himself, Arma, and King J-Der to destroy them, by using the "THE POWER" to overload the Z-Master. After this, the J-Ark now light years away from the earth, would open an ES Window, a vortex through space and time, to warn the members of 3G of a new threat.

Route (US or JPN): Japan Route
Mech: J-Ark a transforming battleship, which the command section becomes the J-Der from fusion, then after Mega Fusion to the Large King J-Der

J-Ark: http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap239581.png
J-Der: http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap246261.png
King J-Der: http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap242521.png
Last edited by Fireyone on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fireyone
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:08 pm

APPROVED ALL OF YOU

Ryand-Smith
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fireyone on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Name: HoRyu
Height: 20.5
Weight: 340 Tons

Character Description: One of 3G's Vehicle Machines built to support GaoGaiGar (and later GaoFighGar), He's calm cool and collected and is always thinking about the logical result.

Character History: He and his Brother were both deployed against EI-05, the Steam Roller Zonder, this was there first appearance and it was thanks to them that GaoGaiGar was able to defeat the Zonder. On their Secod sortie, they two were able preform SYMMETRICAL DOCKING! Combining to form ChoRyuJin, who was able to Keep GaoGaiGar from being destroyed with the Use of the Eraser head, and from that Point both he and his brother fought with GaoGaiGar, against the Zonder, and later the 31 Primevals. To this day, they still Back up GaoFighGar.

Mech: HoRyu himself, is the Mech... Capable of transforming into a Blue, Craned equipped Fire Truck. In Vehicle mode he's, 18.5 meters long and 5 Meters long.

Name: EnRyu
Height: 20.5 m
Weight: 235 Tons

Character Description: One of 3G's Vehicle Machines built to support GaoGaiGar (and later GaoFighGar), He's the exact opposite of his Brother, in that he's hot headed and doesn't really think he just acts.

Character History: He and his Brother were both deployed against EI-05, the Steam Roller Zonder, this was there first appearance and it was thanks to them that GaoGaiGar was able to defeat the Zonder. On their Secod sortie, they two were able preform SYMMETRICAL DOCKING! Combining to form ChoRyuJin, who was able to Keep GaoGaiGar from being destroyed with the Use of the Eraser head, and from that Point both he and his brother fought with GaoGaiGar, against the Zonder, and later the 31 Primevals. To this day, they still Back up GaoFighGar.

Mech: EnRyu himself, is the Mech... Capable of transforming into a Red, Ladder equiped Fire Truck. In Vehicle mode he's, 18.5 meters long and 5 Meters long.

Vehicle Forms: http://img6.imageshack.us/my.php?image= ... 042453.png
Robot Forms: http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... 050610.png
ChoRyuJin: http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... 055672.png

Fireyone
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rokku on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:46 pm

Name: Andria Bellvue
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 130 pounds
Character Description: Andria wears a bright orange pilot suit adorned with black and white shapes. She has wavy blond hair and gray blue eyes. Andria is well known for being a very cruel woman, who doesn't hesitate to rip her foes apart. Strangely, her behavior off the battlefield is far more subdued and kindly, which makes her a hard person to deal with.
Character History: Andria was part of a secret project to artificially create mech pilots with the same abilities as Newtypes. She was the second to receive the enhancement, the first being *name blacked out*. She is currently serving on Gryps and is assigned to Alex's strike team as a wingman.
Route: Gryps
Mech (You can fill in a custom one if you want, just PM me about it, ok?):

GN-003 Gundam Kyrios

A special transforming Mobile Suit with a variety of weapons.

Weapons:

*GN Beam Submachine Gun x1
*3 tube GN Missile Launcher x2
*GN Shield with pincher mode x1

Trans Am System: Allows the Kyrios to achieve higher levels of speed and firepower for short periods. Requires a long recharge time.

Rokku
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Name: Rion
Height: 5'4
Weight: 143
Character History: [Unknown, to be revealed]
Route Japan
Mech:
Unit type: super robot
Height: 70.3 meters
Weight: 487.0 metric tons
Equipment: Tesla drive
Armament: Giga knuckle x 2, Giga blaster x 1, G-Territory
Special Attack: Giga Burst
Pilot: Rion
Mechanical designer: Seiji Ono

Lamentations
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rokku on Sat May 30, 2009 12:07 pm

So hey, where did everyone go?

Rokku
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Oh, anyway, shall we carry on?

Ryand-Smith
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rokku on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Ryand-Smith wrote:Oh, anyway, shall we carry on?

Oh yes.

Rokku
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dark_fox on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:37 am

Name: Kitila
Height: 45'6"
Weight: 40tons

Character Description: A gigantic vixen, who's size rivals that of many of the robot suits. Her hair is a crimson red color, with rusty orange colored fur, with white along her chest, and black on her ear tips, hands and feet. Her legs resemble a werewolf’s as they too are digitigrade. Her figure is rather slender for her size, athletic in appearance. Her tail is fairly long, extending the distance of her legs, and bushy, full of fur.

Character History. She is from another alien race, quite similar to the Zentradi, but from different ends of the galaxy. Crash landed on earth, where she was captured, and held hostage. However she had offered her services, as well as some of her technology, in exchange for limited freedom. She has a collar device that acts as her restraining device in case she was to disobey. However, due to her great size, she is not allowed to venture into cities or any other public location, unless deemed necessary to do so.

Route US

Mech: None, however her armor is her mech, or more so, she is her own mech. Her armor resembles parts of other mechs, using their energy weapons.

Covered in robotic armor, on her back is an energy core, which produces the energy to charge her weapons.

Her weapons include:
An Energy Scythe
Blaster cannon, attached to her thigh armor
2 Long range blaster cannons attached to her back
2 Hand cannons, which are apart of her gauntlets.
Kitila
Race: Vixen Gender: Female
Height: 13.87m Weight: 37875 kg
STR:52 DEX:12 CON:17 BODY:34 INT:13 EGO:12 PRE:32 COM:18
PD:10 ED:3 Speed:2 REC:13 END:34 STUN:66

dark_fox
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:04 am

Cool then, I'll have the Nemo land at Edwards to start that plot up then, approved!

Ryand-Smith
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!