Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Surreal Chat

a topic in W.I.N.G.E.D., a part of the RPG forum.

Surreal Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun May 07, 2006 7:55 pm

Alright, first off, I posted this here because the offer was originally presented to me in Tux, and thought that the soldiers ought to have the first say.

I was approached today in the chat by Saizen_Haikasha, and he informed me that his chat, Surreal Chat, is trying their utmost to encourage this recent renewall of Online RP. As such, he wanted to know if we'd be interested in a situation similar to the war with Tux betwixt GWing and Surreal, only difference being that Surreal's competitors are significantly more versed in RP and RP combat.

For me, I'm all for, and I've got a couple ideas on the matter, but for now, I'd hear what the rest of ya'll got to say.

EDIT: After some conversation with him, it sounds as though we've got a hell of a lot in common. I think we could make a whole lot of progress in RP revival if we worked with them.

And, in the way of my feelings, I'd be content to pull out of Tux and go straight to Surreal; Tux has become little more than one big argument. I was informed tonight by a Tux member that had never spoken to me nor any other GWinger that, because I was from GWing, my only desire was to show off and prove how strong I am. When it gets to that point, it's become counterproductive to RP.
Last edited by Zhelir Darkfall on Sun May 07, 2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun May 07, 2006 8:27 pm

My Opinion:

Maybe after we're done with the Tux war...

Everyone else?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

miyumi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun May 07, 2006 9:16 pm

We should be wary that we're being watched by the other Eric. For some reason, Surreal Chat rings a fuckin' bell. Link?

I'm also agreeing at this point that the war should come to a halt. We've done enough damage, now let's help them rebuild a bit. Stick around, lend helping hands to roleplay there. Perhaps even maintain a presence. Us it as our chat for a bit. =)
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun May 07, 2006 9:57 pm

I agree. I was so disappointed last night in the fighting. I was more satisfied just watching Perihorn role play two nights ago then I was fighting last night.

I wouldn't mind fighting someone who doesn't believe in one hit connections and one hit kills.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun May 07, 2006 10:01 pm

Alright, for a more formal update.

For one, I'm informed they have all range of fighting styles there. Mainly, though, it's large word count speed.

For another, it's an IRC network, no website as far as I know. It's:

irc.surrealchat.net

The room is Isamahii_Garden.

-----------------------------------------------------

In the way of rebuilding for Tux, I'd just as soon leave it be. They've developed a bias to anyone with "GW" in their name (honest: one dude came in, saw me, and said "Oh great, another GW.") I think our best option is to leave them be for now.

As for my idea mentioned earlier, it's moreso a personal ambition, which I'll be doing regardless. A sort of move to the site with a character. As in, Rain moves there, settles down, lives there. I'd be happy to have anyone come with, though.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon May 08, 2006 7:57 am

Other Eric?

Sinful, I could use the practice. Friendly sparring match, turnbased, weapons allowed, no kill?

Any injuries gotten during the match can be healed by Lacuna and Yanushi.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon May 08, 2006 5:27 pm

Sure, I accept. I'll be unavailable tonight though, until about 10 PM Arizona time.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon May 08, 2006 6:18 pm

I'll IM you when I can do it... last week of college is rough for finding time other than five minutes here and there.

Edit: you're not on, and it's too late tonight. Maybe sometime this week, maybe not until next week. We will fight sometime.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Re: Surreal Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Mind explaining Clan GWing to me?))
http://www.freewebs.com/orikalkos/index.htm

Join Orikalkos, and RP on our forum.

Serpaara-
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:36 pm

Sure thing.

Prior to RPGateway, we were known and GWing.net. We made a Clan to represent ourselves under the name Clan GWing which we still use to this day. This clan is basically the defense of this wonderful place in roleplay, and it tends to be the name we use in other video games to represent this place as a whole.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:28 pm

Well, if I don't mind asking, if it's alright with the leader of Clan GWing, Orikalkos would like to allie with Clan GWing.
I also invite you to come and register on our forums and RP. We have just started, and I am in decent company with Rameaus/ Master, so yeah.

Would Clan GWing mind an alliance with Orikalkos?

I am also an old member of GWing, and I miss GWing.

Serpaara-
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!