Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Survival Revival

Survival Revival

a part of “Survival Revival”, a fictional universe by Vio-Lance.

Revival of Zombie Survival, based off of Max Brooks "Zombie Survival Guide". New characters, new location, MORE ZOMBIES!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Survival Revival”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Survival Revival

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:58 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Survival Revival"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vio-Lance
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Survival Revival

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:16 pm

Alright! So, who wants to make the first post?

Come on...I know you want to!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vio-Lance
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:45 pm

I will start working on one.

Arige
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:07 pm

That took long enough to write.

Arige
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Sat May 01, 2010 12:04 am

Hey, I just submitted my character to this roleplay, and i got a pm saying i was accepted. But when i went to post, it said my character didn't even exist. If i go to my list of the roleplays in however, it says that I am on the roleplay. Any ideas on what is going on?
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.

MadHatter
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Sat May 01, 2010 12:13 am

Something is up with the PM because I got the same thing but my character had not been accepted yet.

Arige
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sat May 01, 2010 12:16 am

Because I havent accepted you yet. You got a letter saying your character was put in the roleplay.

As for the characters so far...I was afraid something like this would happen...

This is a Zombie Survival. Survival. I see that average joes are out on their one trying to make it. Then, someone throws an elite army guy into the mix, and suddenly, everyone is a badass because that one guy is. And hey, if he can do it, so can I. This is zombie SURVIVAL. Not "Zombie GO KICK ASS".

I dont mind military personel, I mean, it kind of adds character detail, and few plot twists. But we already have two military badasses in here that have extremely better gear and weaponry than a civilian could ever hope to get their hands on legally. It's kind of like throwing in a Spetznaz into a group of Taliban Militia. Yeah, the Taliban are skilled, but only with what they can get their hands on. The spetznaz is not only extremely skilled, but has state of the art shit. Kinda making him the giant among men when it comes to fighting.

No, I'm not particularly picking on you MadHatter. I'm just throwing this out there. In the future, I'd REALLY like to see more civilians, and less highly trained killing machines.
Last edited by Vio-Lance on Sat May 01, 2010 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vio-Lance
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sat May 01, 2010 12:29 am

As an off-note, I'm pretty sure a professional zombie hunter would carry one of these things.

Vio-Lance
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Sat May 01, 2010 12:49 am

lol and I just posted.

Arige
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Sat May 01, 2010 12:55 am

Don't worry. I won't go overboard. Or even slightly unbelievable. if you noticed, i made him retired for at least 15 years. So, yeah he might stil have a few moves up his sleeve, but he not going to go one man army any time soon. Plus, I checked out his weapons and civilians can get them, they just aren't the usual redneck coice of firearm.
Last edited by MadHatter on Sat May 01, 2010 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadHatter
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Sat May 01, 2010 1:01 am

wow I'm going to edit that last post... I must be a little bit tired in both the RP and RL.

Arige
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Sat May 01, 2010 1:06 am

I changed it a bit...

Arige
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sat May 01, 2010 11:32 am

Well...uhm...see, that is definitely what I'm talking about....*Sigh*

Vio-Lance
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Sat May 01, 2010 11:57 am

I guess put it in the rule that there are to be no military RP-ers unless they have been in the military.
First off, Special Forces are nothing like that. They do not carry flamethrowers. They would not shoot their own team mates because they are more then team mates they are brothers. But the biggest thing that got me was that you did not check your ammo before going outside. I'm sorry but there is no way you could/would be in the Special Forces.

Arige
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hinasil on Sat May 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Well, I never said that all my teammates were Special Forces like Gwen. And Gwen already explained to them while they were hiding, (plus she is a girl so it's more like brothers and sisters =)) that if they were bit they were dead. And why check my ammo, when all my stuff was in the chopper? Except for my pistol, so no need right? Who cares a about a bloody pistol, when I got a knife on me it's much better.
♪♫♪♫ ((((|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|)­­))) ♪♫♪♫
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hinasil
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hinasil
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Sat May 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Still the army does not carry flamethrowers. hahaha about the borthers and sisters. I never saw you say that if they were bitten then they were dead so how was I to know? When you are in law enforcement or the military or even just a hunter you always make sure that your gun is loaded BEFORE you get into the action.

Arige
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arige on Sat May 01, 2010 1:34 pm

And someone would not just ask you to kill him just because he was bitten. One more thing, JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE SPECIAL FORCES DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU ARE EMOTIONLESS!!!

Arige
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sat May 01, 2010 2:42 pm

Not only does Arige bring up some good points, I thought I brought out my own.

1. He's right. You're not some emotionless killer. You're a team player. That's what all spec ops are. Rangers, Seals, Delta...they're all squads. Shooting a squadmate would be like asking you to shoot your little brother. To see you up and just pop them dead is rediculous.

2. You're lucky I'm even letting your character be spec Ops. Seals wont let women join them because the Seals only accept MEN of appropreate body mass index, weight, height, ect. On top of that, the navy doesnt let women take direct combat roles. The a difference goes with the army, but particularly states they cannot be on "First Strike" squads, such as Rangers, Green Berets...
The only other elite Spec Ops force I can think of is Delta Force, but you dont hear shit from them these days. And even then, your squad is nowhere near elite enough to be Delta if they're dying right off the bat.

3. You can't just make up squadmates to have weapons you dont. Having a squadmate with a flamethrower is basically saying "Oh hey, I need a flamethrower, but I dont have one. That guy over there that I just made has one now. Lets go." This also brings me to #4.

4. The Military has flamethrowers, but are EXTREMELY rare to be used these days. They've been rendered obsolete and wasteful, not to mention heavy as hell. The only way you can figure to get one is you have to request one from headquarters. Not only does that punch a hole in your plan, HQ, is focused on defending DC. So, I doubt that they're going to make an exception for a random squad that is out on...wait a minute! Lets move this to #5!

5. What the hell is a Spec Ops team doing out in the middle of Montana anyway? Your story says that your unit was deployed to "Control a Riot?" Now, I have a PERSONAL vendetta against you. First of all, you're implying that the Military is a bunch of uncaring jerks whom send people off to die for no cause. My father is in the 75th Ranger division today. I know they dont just send him out to die. Secondly, why is the Military deploying Spec Ops to deal with a "Riot" when they need every gun they can to defend the quarentine zone? Isnt it the SWAT Team's job, or even the Marshall's jobs to deal with riots? Why deploy the Rangers? Sending in the Seals would be 50X overkill, and if there was even the OPTION of sending in Delta Force, they'd go to plan B, which is TND(Tactical Nuclear Device), and be done with it.

Hinasil wrote:And why check my ammo, when all my stuff was in the chopper? Except for my pistol, so no need right? Who cares a about a bloody pistol, when I got a knife on me it's much better.

A knife wouldnt save you from a few zombies. In fact, you'd probalby screw yourself over with it. Combat knives today are jagged; they're serrated. The process would go
1. Jab into zombie forehead.
2. Try and withdraw knife.
3. Fail.
4. Fight zombies, now unarmed.

-------
There is just so many things wrong with your post. Not everything is wrong, but you have some huge problems. I'd really like you to stay around, but only if you can correct these problems.

Vio-Lance
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hinasil on Sat May 01, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm an emotionless killer? Didn't you see I said sorry?

And for number 5, we were the only one's around so what if, now just deal with me for a second, what if they thought that we could handle it? Wouldn't that just be a kick in the knickers? And since everyone in that town was dead, who else could deal with it? SWAT? They're dead. Marshalls? They're dead. PLUS, what if they knew there were survivors? You don't have any clue of how powerful the government is. Well maybe you do, but that's not my point.

And about my knife, what if my knife wasn't serrated? I'm pretty sure my character wouldn't have chosen a serrated knife if she read the zombie survival guide, it'd mean that she wasn't that smart about the book. And with that statement, all combat knives are jagged, I've seen my brothers army knife, it's not serrated. It's a nice smooth clean cutting blade.

And if you read World War Z, you'll see that the government screws over the military hundreds of times. The government thinks they're the best and smartest people in the world, so if they think the military can do anything easily, then it's their own fault for getting them killed.

Hinasil
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hinasil on Sat May 01, 2010 5:48 pm

how bout this, I start over with a different person? Would that make you people happy? Since I messed up so badly you all have to pitch in on how stupid or heartless killer I am.

Hinasil
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!