Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Sword Art Online (SAO) Spin Off

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Sword Art Online (SAO) Spin Off

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragonlore on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:08 pm

TITLE:
SKILL SET ONLINE

CHARACTER COUNT:
Unlimited

SPINOFF:
YES

SPINOFF OF:
Sword Art Online

CANON CHARACTERS:
NO

Poster:
Dragonlore

OOC Info:
OOC: Hey Guys Dragonlore here! Bringing you an Original RP setting with plenty of Action and Adventure! The premise behind this RP is fairly simple. For those of you that have seen Sword Art Online, that's where this Idea originally came from. BUT! There happens to be a bit more behind it. There will be a few other things added in such as Tower of Druaga as well as have a similar feeling with the .hack Series. I have been working on this for quite sometime and found that this might just be the best site to actually post something like this. Not sure as to HOW I would classify this as an RP in the creation Page and thats why I am bringing it here. To see if there is a possible Interest as well as some info on what this would fall under so I don't get in trouble for improper classification. But onto the Meat of the post.

World Info:
The Timeline for the Actual world is set in late 2600, where the entire world had been connected in some way by the World Net. Being that every one is connected there is nothing secret in the world we live in today. Though no one is permanently hooked in and requires the NXT Suit, there are many who choose to stay connected Permanently.

NXT Suit: The NXT Suit was originally designed as a life support system for hospitals to keep Coma patients alive and taken care of while at the same time giving them the nutrients they required on a daily basis. Though it was not a permanent Solution, It kept their body's and minds alive an well for up to 3 years with out food or water. At the same time their minds were monitored as well as Fantasy worlds were injected in their brains while they slept to ensure they came back just the same as they did when they went into the Coma.

BRN Soft: Bio Research and Neurological Software bought the company that designed the NXT Suit and made it into a World Wide Interlink between all of man kind. After a long day someone would come home to their NXT Suit and fall out of their reality and into a new one that was designed by the next person. If you wanted to surf the Web, you are now apart of it. Want to play your favorite MMO? Now you can live it with the NXT Suit v2.0.

ANSF: The Anti NXT Suit Faction are a protest organization that believe that the NXT Suit has taken over the human Function of Life and have turned us into nothing but, a mindless sack of flesh with no concept for freedom from technology. They are working to do what ever they can to destroy the NXT Suit and give humanity a fighting chance at life in the real world once again. Recently, a Mole had been sent to BRN Soft and slowly made its way up to a Tech Admin Position within the Company. And this is where our story began.

OOC: Here is where I will discuss a few more key parts to the Roleplay as to where it all starts and a few key people yo yake note of. If you have any ideas or suggestion, feel free to message me or leave a comment down below.

Akimoto Akira: Akira is the faction mole that made its why up the ranks in BRN Soft. As he worked his way up he had been creating his own world within the the Interlink so he could monitor everyone's reactions and tastes within the online world. This world was called Skill Set Online. His plan was to lock everyone in to the world without giving them the ability to take of the suit and disabling the logout function. This was all only to bring up the hype that the NXT Suit was a bad thing and needed to be taken down for good. But the power of the world had taken over his true objective and grew to be a power hungry "God" in his own eyes. Not only did he disable the Logout function, but also disabled the pain module and the body function sensors. With all of those disabled you are now Stuck in a world where you can feel and Experience everything that goes on with your body, and you can indeed die within the world as well as in real live.

Skill Set Online: SSO is a Newly Developed game created by Akimoto Akira, to bring a world with infinite possibilities to your fingertips. Within this world if you can think or dream of it it can become a reality. But you have to work and train on it just as you would in real life. If you want to Fly, then you are going to have to fall, if you want to cook you are going to have to burn some meals. In SSO you can do anything as long as you can put the time and effort towards reaching your personal goal. in the center of SSO there is a Dungeon receding 250 floors below, each floor gaining more in difficulty the deeper you travel. And each floor contains mazes, caverns and bosses with strength far beyond that in any other world. Your objective is make it to the bottom most floor and defeat the final boss to claim your prize.

SSO Rules: There are not many rules to speak of outside of the General MMO rules you would find in today's games. Such as Player Killing is only allowed outside of Safe Zones, those safe zones being Towns and Cities and Flagged areas. Weapons can be forged out of any material found within SSO but, you must have the proper skill level to Obtain Some materials out in the field as well as Forge the weapon that you are wanting. A Simple Guide Manual is given to every player to help them on their way to becoming the strongest Player that they can be but, most everything within SSO is created through trial and error and skills in other areas.

OOC: Alright everyone, so this is what I have so far. If you have any ideas that you would like to bring to the table feel free to message me and we can add some things in. This is just to see if there is any interest in something like this and to gather as many people in one area to discuss changes or find people that would be interested. Once the interest is achieved, I will create the Actual Roleplay as well as make it look a little more colorful with art work and more info as it comes. I will be adding to this as I think of more or when i get Ideas from the community.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dragonlore
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!