Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Takanori Gomi (Warning, large gif and jpeg files)

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Takanori Gomi (Warning, large gif and jpeg files)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:08 pm

This, ladies and gentlemen, is Takanori Gomi. Takanori Gomi pwns you. In fact, Gomi pwns everyone. This is why.

Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:10 pm

I'm not a light-weight fan, but Gomi is the best in PRIDE under 175 right now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:20 pm

Try under 160.

73 kg = Pride LW

73 kg x 2.2 = 160 lbs

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:22 pm

Gomi could beat most of the fighters in pride under 175 kg.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:01 pm

Master wrote:Gomi could beat most of the fighters in pride under 175 kg.

LOL

We need to educate this kid

But I LOVE his blind devotion!

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:46 am

Psh. 75. You knew what I meant. XD

Read Senor's post just before I posted, then flipped out when I came back and read the response. >=D

Anyways. He could beat most fighters in the Pride Division under 75 kg.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:02 pm

I don't even read the Bushido PbPs, I have no idea what's going on in the light-weight world (except that Gomi rules it).

I really appreciate the Cro Cop .gif in your sig though, Andy. Is that Fedor he's hitting? (I missed the last GP round, but I read the PbP on Sherdog).

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:41 pm

Lol, no, that's Coleman getting brutalized. See the KO shot? Fedor dominated Mirko.

As for the LW world... you should really check it out. Lightweights have just as much KO power as Heavyweights (see Gomi's last seven fights, five by KO or TKO) and they're much faster and have better stamina, simply because there's less mass to move.

Takanori Gomi, Yves Edwards, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Jens Pulver, Joachim Hansen, Genki Sudo, Caol Uno (though he's suckin lately), Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto, Sakurai, Sato, Ribeiro, there are a TON of fantastic Lightweight fighters. In fact, this plethora of talent makes their fights some of the most exciting. I promise you, boy or download the upcoming Pride Bushido show, with the 73 and 83 kg tournaments, and you will NOT be dissapointed. Promise.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:47 pm

Teh Andy wrote: See the KO shot? Fedor dominated Mirko.

:(

Teh Andy wrote:As for the LW world... you should really check it out. Lightweights have just as much KO power as Heavyweights (see Gomi's last seven fights, five by KO or TKO) and they're much faster and have better stamina, simply because there's less mass to move.

Takanori Gomi, Yves Edwards, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Jens Pulver, Joachim Hansen, Genki Sudo, Caol Uno (though he's suckin lately), Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto, Sakurai, Sato, Ribeiro, there are a TON of fantastic Lightweight fighters. In fact, this plethora of talent makes their fights some of the most exciting. I promise you, boy or download the upcoming Pride Bushido show, with the 73 and 83 kg tournaments, and you will NOT be dissapointed. Promise.

I've been preached too before, but yeah, I might DL it. I'm actually a bigger fan of K-1 than I am of either PRIDE or UFC, although I'll definetly check out their heavyweight fights when they roll around (UFC 54, anyone? :lol: ). You make a persuasive arguement though, Andy. :P

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:52 pm

K-1 hosts MMA fights now too. They just had their LW tournament quarter and semi final rounds last night.

Genki Sudo, one of THE best LW's in the world, and one of the most entertaining fighters out there, won both his fights by submission. He break dances in the middle of his fights. Spins around like he's using some kind of drunken fighting technique. He's so much fun to watch. Check out any of his fights. These two weren't that impressive, though he did win both by subs.

and Yamamoto! DAMN! that guy can bang. He KO'ed Royler in the first round with a nice counter-right. I'm still trying to download it. This is the second time Royler's been brutally KTFO'ed, the first time by none other than... Genki Sudo! First the guy landed a flying stomp flush on his face, then later on had him in full mount and just pounded the crap out of him til his mouth piece fell out.

Tellin' ya man, LW's are exciting as hell. With yamamoto and his heavy fists, even though he's mainly a wrestler, whuppin' ass like that, he made his way to the finals. He's gonna face Genki on dec. 31 at K1's new year's show.

I'd like to say I'll reimburse you your money if you see a boring show on any LW card, Pride of K1, but I'm broke. I don't know if I'll be able to afford the PPV myself.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:11 pm

Teh Andy wrote:I'd like to say I'll reimburse you your money if you see a boring show on any LW card, Pride of K1, but I'm broke. I don't know if I'll be able to afford the PPV myself.

Haha, same here man, hurtin' for some money.

I've seen some K-1 MMA, haven't gotten all of the rules down, but it's pretty interesting. I'm still an old-school Mirko/McDonald/Bonjasky fan, though.

And although I couldn't afford the PPV for Hero, I definetly caught the action on the Sherdog forums. It sounded really exciting.

Another poor showing from Uno, though. That's dissapointing, although hats off to Kid.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maastracht on Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:14 pm

Personally, I've been wondering how Genki and Kid would measure up against the participants of the Pride LW tourney coming up later this month.

Sudo's slick submission-game and Kid's superb wrestling and heavy hands makes them contenders in my book. It's a shame that they can't be thrown into the mix.

I imagine, though, that K-1's purses are substantially bigger. oO

Maastracht
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:59 pm

Y'all wanna see somethin' cool...?

Right-click and save as here, then just sit back and watch when it's done.

S'about 60 megs

5 minutes long

http://www.theartofmatt.com/uploads/my_ ... i_gomi.wmv

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Takanori Gomi vs Baba Juan

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:44 pm

I bet anything that Takanori Gomi couldn't whoop Baba Juan, who doesn't even compete in PRIDE fighting. In fact, you wont even see Baba Juan on television, and you most certainly wont hear of him on the radio. Baba Juan is a legal alien living in Florida who escaped from a Cuban prison during the 1980's and recieved immunity from the U.S. government. He is a large, dark-skinned man with big bones and a thick skull. At 42 years old, Baba Juan still has the physique of an 18 year old. Although he is said to have killed 4 prison guards over in Cuba, he has lived his new American life in peace. According to Baba Juan, Cuba had a corrupt government during the 1980's and a lot of Cuban prisoners migrated to the United States where they were awarded with their freedom. Baba Juan just happened to be one of them. He taught boxing lessons at the Stars Complex in Fort Myers, Florida for nine years before retiring to a nice house on Miami Beach. Baba Juan had a friend named Bo Winston who taught me Folktown Stomp at the Lee County stockade back in 2003. Folktown Stomp is a hardcore style of street fighting that accomplishes in just six months, what most martial arts take up to 10 years to achieve. Although my knowledge is limited, Folktown Stomp is one of the most effective and brutal fighting styles I have ever seen in my life, on or off the television. I have studied many martial arts, from Muay Thai to Filipino Kali, and Wing Chun to Jeet Kune. In all my experiences, Folktown Stomp is by far the most dangerous style you could encounter in these streets.

Dionysus
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!