Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Takimi Returns "home"

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:13 pm

Han shook his head and sighed. Han decided not to go on ranting about how wrong it was to produce life and how precious it was. Everyone here knew that already.

Han - Both Fiona Fre and Ronald Fre are dead. I know Kiyoshi killed Ronald Fre, the security files show that Kiyoshi was the one that killed Fiona Fre, but I don't believe he did. Kiyoshi destroyed everything pretaining to his existance and fled. My guess is that someone else connected to the Fre Foundation, has reformed it into the Fre Faction.

Han walked up closer to the Hyperion and looked up to it.

Han - The }{G are still at L3 right now. If Kiyoshi knows that it's the Fre Faction, he's most likely going to pull himself away from everyone. He's not going to want help on this, because of these events along with all the death he saw while fighting in the wars as a member of }{G, Kiyoshi became cold as a dead winter night. Now I'm afraid he'll become like permafrost.

Han looked over at Val.

Han - Kiyoshi, himself, might become even a larger threat than Jyotika and the Fre Faction.

Han shook his head then looked back up at Hyperion.

Han - No, I can't think like that. Kiyoshi is much more than what he was made to be. He knows right from wrong, and hopefully he will never lose that.

Han then walked up to Val and put his hand on his shoulder.

Han - Trust me...I want to go after the Fre Faction myself, but we must keep focused. Jyotika has been far too quiet. Who knows how long we will have to keep our focus on him.

Han looked over at Base who was also shocked by the story.

Han - Base, help out with building Hyperion in anyway you can.

Base - Yes, sir.

Base ran towards Hyperion to find some way to help out. He couldn't help but think that the Gundam's, Epiphany, Deathscythe X, Hyperion, and Cygnus, would all play an important part in the coming battles.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:39 pm

"Is Kiyoshi really that powerful? Can one man hold so much in his hand that he could out shadow a huge threat from Earth and one from space? Come Han, we have some planning we need to do. Like you said Jyotika had been far too quiet. And I think you're right, it's only a matter of time before he makes another move. So we need to focus on the right here and the right now. The threat that Jyotika poses is what brought us all together, and that is what we need to deal with. As much as I'd love to go after this Fre Faction, if they've been continuing their science project, I won't be able to help until the Hyperion is finished. But against Jyotika, he's set it up so we can't exactly use mobile suits."

Val led Han back to his office.

Originally it had been a storage room set just off the main drag of the bunker. Once the government took over and attempted to make a mobile suit factory here, the room had been converted to the head engineer’s office. Now, it belonged to Val. Many people thought he choose that office because it was near the heart of the bunker, but frankly, it was the furthest away from everywhere else. There were no windows and no ceiling light. A full sized standing lamp stood in the right corner of the room, by the entrance. The walls were covered in charts ranging from old MS factory Blue Prints to city layout plans for every city in the Sanc Kingdom. His desk wasn't fancy, expensive, or even that well put together. He was convinced that it was just going to crumble to dust one day. On the desk sat a computer, a small lamp, and seemingly endless piles of paper work, most of it had now been filed away since there was a need to keep things organized.

Val walked behind the desk and pulled out a graphed map of Asia Nation with seven red dots marked on it and six blue dots.

"These red dots indicate the location of the Mobile Suit factories that were up and running as of the time when Takimi left Jyotika's base and came with me. These blue dots are the locations of the Mobile Suit factories that were scheduled to be opened, but unfortunately Takimi didn't know when. So we'll have to assume that they are all up and operational. We wouldn't want to go into this underestimating how many troops he could have."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:00 am

Han crossed his arms as he reviewed the map.

Han - Yeah...and we definatly won't be able to be lucky like we were last time we attacked one of his bases. We're going to need more than one Gundam.

Han turned his head to look at Val.

Han - I believe once the Cygnus and Hyperion are finished being built, all of you Gundam pilots need to get together.

Han smiled slightly.

Han - You Gundam pilots sure do tend to sway how a battle will go.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:17 am

Val smiled and chuckled a bit.

"I think you give us too much credit. You haven't even seen me pilot anything. But I do agree, there will be a time when Zach, Kiyoshi and myself will need to sit down and talk things over. In the end it might just be all up to us. But five Gundams couldn't do it a few years ago, what chance do the three of us have? Granted, we're not up against the Romafeller Foundation, White Fang and the Treize Faction."

Val took a deep breath and sighed. Eventually it was going to end up just like Libra. Several powerful factions will be thrown into the mix and there will be lives lost, Mobile Suits destroyed and people will be afraid. Would it really have to come down to that? Would there really be a need for Val to get back into a Mobile Suit and take even more lives? Whatever it took to bring about peace.

"In the end......it doesn't really matter, does it Han?"

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:46 pm

Han had his arms crossed and he closed his eyes, as he thought on Val's question.

Han - To be honest, no it doesn't matter. No matter what we do, mankind can only get along with itself for so long. Disagreement arises and things eventually lead to war. What does matter is that you stand up for your beliefs, if that means to fight a war for them, then that's what has to be done.

Han makes a heavy sight as he looks at the map of Asia again.

Han - The problem is some peoples beliefs are wrong, and they refuse to accept any one elses, but then who is to say that we aren't wrong for trying to stop Jyotika, or whoever else is in power. It's all in a matter of point of view, so really we shouldn't concern ourselves with what's right or wrong, but what we know is right and wrong in our hearts. Let the history books decide who were the good guys and the bad guys.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:48 pm

Val nodded.

"You're right about that, each person or set of people have their own beliefs, and who are we to try and force ours on others? What we're doing may not be the right thing, it may not be the best thing, but it is better than letting someone run free and do what they will the the people of Earth."

Val ran his hand over the map and pointed to a location that was almost smack dab in the middle of the active Mobile Suit factories.

"Here is were Jyotika is, or at least where he was. As of right now I'm willing to be he's in Sanc Kingdom making appearances. What kind of savior would he be if he didn't show the people his face? There is one thing that you are wrong about Han. The history books don't decide or tell us who the good guys and who the bad guys actually are. They tell us who the good guys and who the bad guys are from the perspective of the winner. I'll never forget that quote, "History is not as accurate as you may think. It is only as accurate as the winner wants it to be. History is indeed written by the winner." People who truly believe will fight to the end for what they believe in and in the end, that is all that we can say about them. It is up to the ruling party of the victory, to tell the rest of us what happened."

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:02 pm

Han made a slight nod to Val and then a voice came over an intercom.

Caligo Umbra Soldier - Val, we've just received a distress call from Australia.

Han turned his head to look at Val. Then he looked back at the map and saw that Jyotika didn't have any control over Australia.

Han - Hmm...maybe Jyotika's up to no good down in the Aussies. Me and Base will handle it, we'll take a shuttle and our Taurus suits and head on over to Australia...see what's going on. You need to stay here and lead your men.

Han walked out of the office and made his way to Base who was hanging on the side of the Hyperion working on one of the arms. Han looked up at him and smiled. He was glad to see that Base was helping them out.

Han - Hey, Base! Suit up...we got a mission.

Base rode the line down to the ground and walked over to Han taking off some goggles he was wearing. He was dirty with oil and grime from the work he had been doing.

Base - What do we got to do?

Han - We're heading to Australia. We received a distress signal not too long ago from there.

Base - You think it's connected to Jyotika?

Han - Not sure. Jyotika didn't have any control of Australia. This could be him moving in to that territory. Get yourself cleaned up and meet me in the hangar where our suits are located. I'll get us a shuttle and pilot.

Base - Yes, sir!

Base ran off to where he had located the showers earlier. He was still on a bit of a natural high from working on Val's Gundam. Base had even sat in the cockpit for a little while, it wasn't much different from sitting in his Taurus, but he knew that once the Hyperion was complete, it wouldn't compare at all. Base took a quick shower and changed into his pilot suit, grabbed his helmet and ran back to the hangar. When he got there he saw the second Taurus being loaded onto a shuttle. Base saw Han and ran up to him.

Han - You ready to go?

Base - Yes, sir.

Finally, the weight of the situation set in. If this was Jyotika, or someone like him. then the same situation from their first mission on Earth could happen. Could they be walking into another trap? He couldn't worry about that now. He'd have to do his best as a pilot.

Han - Alright...let's go.

Han put on his helmet, and Base did the same. The two pilots, young and old, walked onto the shuttle and made their way to their Taurus's. Soon the shuttle was in the air. Their destination...Australia.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:58 am

Val made sure to see them off, but he knew deep in his heart, that it wasn't Jyotika. It was that man that he had confronted before turning on Jyotika, this Mr. Walker and his new mobile suits or whatever he was designing.

"Maybe Takimi knows something about this guy. If I was right, but I doubt that now, he's not working for Jyotika."

After Val made sure that Han and Base were safely on their way, and that Antioch was once again sealed of, he headed back to the Medical Wing where Takimi was still resting. Takimi was asleep when he arrived, so he took a seat and waited for a few minuets to see if she'd wake up, Val wasn't about to wake her, he knew she needed sleep and rest more than anything right now. The last thing that Takimi needed was to hear that there was a chance that Jyotika was on the move again. Val saw a doctor and pulled her aside.

"How's she coming along Doc?"

"Well, sir, honestly I'm surprised that she's still alive. Not many people could have or would have survived the crash, let alone had enough strength left in them to make it back to the base. But now that's she's here and constantly resting, she'll be alright, it'll only be a matter of time. Just time sir, just time."

Val nodded and thanked the doctor, who went about whatever she had been doing before Val had pulled her aside. Val looked back to Takimi was was now awake and sitting up, looking back at him. She was smiling, despite everything she had been through recently, and in life all together, she was still smiling.

"Hey there Takimi, how are you feeling?"

"Well I've been better, and if you can believe it, I've also been worse. Everything has just been happening so fast, I...I really haven't had time to gather it all to make sense of it."

"Well, I've got a bit of potentially bad news. There's some major problem that's going on in Australia right now. Han and Base just left to help with it. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but they believe that Jyotika has made a move down there. I personally believe that it's something to do with a Mr. Walker and some new kind of weapon or Mobile Suit that he's designing. You wouldn't happen to know if Jyotika is involved with him would you?"

Takimi closed her eyes and thought for a few minuets, going over everything that she had been told or overheard while she was there, but the name Mr. Walker didn't ring a bell.

"I'm sorry, but I can't think of anything. There are, well, were a few things that Jyotika kept even from me. This could be one of them, but I really can't tell you. I'm sorry."

Takimi looked down to the bed sheet, apparently really disappointed that she couldn't be of more use.

"Come now, no need to be sorry. You've already been extremely helpful with what you have provided for us. Beside, if you knew everything, that would just make it too easy now wouldn't it? Now, you get some rest, I've got to contact Zel and tell him to give whatever help he can to Han and Base."

Val smiled and left without another word, leaving Takimi looking at an empty room. This was all a game to him. Val didn't appear to be taking any of this seriously. Maybe it was just a front? From what she could gather, Takimi believed that Val had been a military man all his life. Maybe this was just his way of dealing with it? Or maybe, just maybe, he truly didn't care?

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:09 am

It had been several days since she'd been ordered by both the doctors and by Val to rest, but Takimi was growing restless. She knew that she still wasn't at one hundred percent, but she also knew that she could move around on her own if she needed to or if she needed to. Takimi waited until the doctors were away and slowly climbed out of the bed, there was no reason to push herself, and what was the worst that could happen? The doctor catches her and tells her to get back in bed, no biggie there. Takimi began by stretching her legs, which hadn't been used in a few days, so they were a little numb. Takimi walked around in a few small circles first to get some strength back in her legs, then slowly headed for the door, still dressed in the hospital style robes.

--------------------

James was down in the construction area with a few of the mechanics going over the blueprints they had constructed from the data that had been collected from the Gundams at Libra. Each person there with him was the lead on whatever part they happened to be working on. The right leg, the left leg, the right arm, the left arm, and the torso. Each had it's own team dedicated to finishing that part. After making sure that everything was in order, James decided to go and check on Takimi, since he couldn't bother Lina, who was currently in orbit along with Zach, Ess, and the Defenders. James took his leaved and headed to the medical wing, passing several people who nodded or wave on the way. James came down the hall from the opposite direction that Takimi was hobbling and laughed slightly, which caused Takimi to turn around.

"You know you're not supposed to be up and walking around yet, at least not one you're own."

"I know that, but being confined to a room and not being able to move is almost like a living hell, even Jyotika didn't do that to me."

"That's because you were never seriously injured while you were with that bastard, and I'm not convinced that he would have given to shits about you if you were injured. I mean, he's the one that did this to you after all."

"I know.....but he's also the one that, never mind, let's just get me back to bed alright? And please, don't tell Val I was up. He'd be worried sick."

"Don't worry, this will be our little secret."

--------------------

After seeing Han and Base off, Val headed back to his office and started sending a message out to the Defenders, well, just to Lina really, Val wanted to make sure she was doing alright and not giving Zach and the Defenders any problems.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:34 am

"To Lina and the Defenders. This is Val, speaking from Antioch. Base and Han left for Australia and I haven't heard anything from them since, nor from my shuttle pilot that went with them. I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but Han and base went to answer a distress call, either dealing with Jyotika, or that other man, who's name I don't know, but I do know he pilots the Tallgees II, so whatever it is, it can't be good. As far as we've been able to tell, Jyotika sill hasn't made a move in Sanc Kingdom or anywhere else for that matter. I'll keep everyone posted as to what's going on here, and I can only hope that you will keep me posted as to happening on your end as well. Val out."

Smiling slightly, completely unaware of what had happened in Australia, and Han's current condition, Val replayed the message a few time listening to it. Then sent it off towards the Gilgamesh.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:48 pm

The shuttle pilot sat behind the controls of the shuttle. He didn't know when Base was coming back, but he didn't think it would before Han was alright. He sighed as he went through a checklist and then he froze.

Shuttle Pilot - Shit! I should contact HQ!

The pilot's fingers scrambled over the controls as he made a connection with the base.

Shuttle Pilot - This is Pilot 0589 reporting in. Commander Han Richards of the L3 Defense Force was badly injured during a battle with a man by the name of Blace Lowe, who is the pilot of the Tallgeese II. During this battle Commander Richard's Taurus was destroyed. Commander Richard's was critically injured and we rushed him to the Sigma Phi Institute. Ensign Base Rynolds is with him inside. Also, Blace Lowe gave this communication during the battle...

The shuttle pilot replayed the transmission that Blace Lowe gave after the battle...

Blace Lowe - Let it be known, that as of this moment, the continent of Australia has been commandeered by me, Blace Lowe. Son of Odin Lowe.

The shuttle pilot then clicked off the play back device.

Shuttle Pilot - Things don't look good. Over.

The shuttle pilot let out a sigh. The situation not looking good was an understatement. He sat back waiting for a response from his home.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:27 pm

Val had just finished sending his message to Lina and the Defenders and was on his way out of his office when his computer beeped. Debating if he felt like going back or not Val stood there for a few seconds. It was probably just a field report from Base or Han, so val decided to check it out. Walking back over to the computer, Val took a seat and opened the message and the blood drained from his face as he listened to his pilot report.

"This is Pilot 0589 reporting in. Commander Han Richards of the L3 Defense Force was badly injured during a battle with a man by the name of Blace Lowe, who is the pilot of the Tallgeese II. During this battle Commander Richard's Taurus was destroyed. Commander Richard's was critically injured and we rushed him to the Sigma Phi Institute. Ensign Base Rynolds is with him inside. Also, Blace Lowe gave this communication during the battle...
The shuttle pilot replayed the transmission that Blace Lowe gave after the battle..."

Blace Lowe - Let it be known, that as of this moment, the continent of Australia has been commandeered by me, Blace Lowe. Son of Odin Lowe.

"Things don't look good. Over."

Val stared blankly at the screen with a pale white face, then sent an immediate message back.

"Pilot 0589, this is Val, leaded of the Caligo Umbra. I here by order you to follow Han and Base to the Sigma Phi medical Institute. You are to wait there for them and as of this moment are to take orders from Base and Han as if they were coming directly from me. I want a report on the condition of Commander Han at the top and bottom of every hours and not a second later. Val, over and out."

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:18 am

Val stood at his desk for another few minuets, his head hanging down, fists clenched and resting on the desk, and holding his breath. He couldn't believe it. Han, what had happened? You're supposed to be one of the best. But I guess the Mobile Suit can make a difference. A Taurus versus the Tallgeese II? What were they thinking? Val raised his clenched fists into the air and brought them down as hard as he could onto the top of the desk, causing most of the papers to fly off, the phone to jump off the hook, the lamp to fall to its side and the computer to rattle.

"Han! You should have let me come with you! Maybe.....then maybe this wouldn't have happened. Something has to be done. But I can't do anything right now, the Hyperion isn't complete and the Magnus, for what little good that would actually do, was taken apart to help finish the Hyperion more quickly. Lord Milliardo, where are you when we need you? Of you where here, none of this would have actually happened, you could end it all."

Looking around his office, which was becoming more and more of a junk pile with each more bit of bad news that Val was hearing, Val let out a sigh and left. Jame needed to hear this, and Takimi would probably want to know as well. Since Takimi was closer, Val headed there first.

It took Val several minuets to get there, as he was walking slower than usual, hoping that Han would be alright. Now he had two people in the hospital he needed to worry about, Takimi and Han, this wasn't looking good at all.

"Maybe, if we can find a way to piece back together the White Fang Mobile Doll system. We'd have an army that could be controlled by a single person, and no one else on our side would have to die."

Val reached the Medical Wing and looked in. Takimi was hobbling around the room with a Doctor watching her, and to Val's surprise, James was there was well. Kill two birds with one stone it looks like.

"James, Takimi, there's been a....development that you both need to hear. James, as you know Commander Han and Ensign Base went off to Australia in response to a distress call. I got got a message from our pilot that went with them. Han's suite was taken out and Base currently has Han at the Sigma Phi Medical Institute. I'm not sure what kind of condition that Han is in, but we'll be getting a report at the top and bottom of every hour, at least that's what I'm hoping."

Takimi just stared at him, she wanted to show some sort of emotion, obviously, this man was important to Val, but she had learned not to show emotion over the years she had spent with Jyotika.

James, on the other hand was visibly shocked, though he tried not to show it. James' legs went limp for a second and he grabbed onto a coat rack for balance.

"How? Commander Han is one of the best!"

"Yeah, but apparently this guy was better, and to top it all off. He's piloting the Tallgeese II."

"The....the Tallgeese II?! But wasn't that destroyed when Treize lost to Wufei?"

"Yes, it was. But I'm sure that the design schematics weren't lost. And who knows, maybe someone just robbed the data from it, like we did with the Gundams at Libra. James, I need you more than ever right now. And you know what I'm going to ask."

"Yes. I'll get on it right now."

With that, James gathered himself and left the room in a quick stride, and when he got to the hall he took of in a run, his footsteps echoing. Both Val and Takimi stayed silent until the sound of James' footsteps died away.

"Val, dear. When I get better, which according to the Doctor shouldn't be more than a few more days, I want you to put me to use. I need to do something. I...I really appreciate the way you've treated me and I love it. But I need something to do. Even if it's just minor work in your office. Please, I need to repay you for everything you've done for me, and for the things I'm sure you're going to do for me in the future."

Takimi smiled and put a hand on Val's cheek and leaned in, gently pressing her lips against his, expecting to feel something in return, but got nothing. Slowly she pulled away and looked at him. Val turned his head slightly and looked away.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't, I mean.....I didn't know that you had someone. I'm sorry."

"No, don't be, it's my fault. I, I just don't know how to deal with everything that's going on right now. I...have work that I need to do. I'll be back to see you in a few hours alright?"

Takimi nodded slightly as Val turned and left, a tear formed in her eye. Val had been so nice, sweet, and friendly to her. She was sure that he had some sort of feeling for her. Or was that just how women were really treated? She had so much to learn about life. And Takimi decided that she was going to start the second she was better.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:58 pm

James made it to the construction area in record time and literally kicked pen the doors, causing everyone that was working to pause for a second or two and look to see what just happened. After they realized that it was James, then went back to work.

"Listen up people! We've got an emergency! A good friend and close ally, Commander Han Richards was seriously injured in a battle against the Tallgeese II only a matter of a few short hours ago!"

The mechanics stopped and looked up to James, several were muttering mack and forth. The name Tallgeese was something they weren't expecting to hear ever again.

"Sir, wasn't that suit destroyed at Libra?"

"Someone must have got their hands on the designs some how."

"Didn't think Treize would be sloppy enough to leave those around."

"Treize couldn't still be alive could he?"

"Not possible. Wufei practically cut the suit in two."

Comments came flying at James faster than the speed of sound.

"Yes, the Tallgeese II was destroyed. Yes, someone could easily have gotten the designs or data like we did with the Gundams. And no, Treize is not alive, it's just not possible. But you do know what this means. Up until now, all the powerful Mobile Suits were built to keep the peace, and the Tallgeese II has actively attacked Australia. There's no going back now. We need Gundams more than ever. So I want the Hyperion finished. And I want it finished yesterday!"

The mechanics returned to their work with a renewed vigor. Now they had a real reason to finish the Hyperion. It was no longer about keeping peace. This was now about returning the peace that was lost.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:43 am

Takimi sat alone in the hospital room for the time being. She was curled up on the bed, hugging her knees against her chest, with a pillow clenched tightly between her knees and chest. She was gently rocking back and forth singing softly to her self in Japanese. Takimi needed to be doing something. Never before has she sat in the same room for so long. Takimi had always been doing things. Even when she was a child on the streets of Japan. She was always running from place to place, trying to find something to eat, somewhere to escape the rain or spend the night, or dodging grown people that would harm her. Once Jyotika saved her from that life of running to save herself, she entered a life where she was running to serve another. While it wasn't as bad as life on the streets, as she had a constant source of food, cloths, things to do and a place to call home, it still wasn't the greatest life. But after so much time, so many years, Takimi became desensitize to life outside of her service to Jyotika. She became so used to having to do what she was told, and being forced to do things she didn't want to, but still she did them, for fear of not knowing what was going to happen to her if she didn't.

Then he came along, Val Thrall. A man that treated her the opposite of the way Jyotika had treated her. Where as Joytika had her running around doing every little thing that came to his mind, Val had people running around getting things for her. Where Jyotika had been cold and demanding, Val was warm and generous. Takimi didn't understand how a man like Val, who supposedly been surrounded by nothing but war and violence almost his whole life, could be as he is now, seemingly untouched by the hardships of life and the current world around them.

Takimi let out a sigh and closed her eyes and began singing again, the same song, only this time she sang it in English, which is the language she believed she would be speaking now, because she was going to stay by Val's side.

"I don't know what words I can say
The wind has a way to talk to me
Flowers sleep, a silent lullaby
I pray for reply
I'm ready

Quiet days calm me
Oh, serenity
Someone please tell me
Ohhmm, what is it they say?
Maybe I will know one day

I don't know what words I can say
The wind has a way to talk to me
Flowers sleep, a silent lullaby
I pray for reply
I'm ready"

The tone of the song was soft and quiet, and with Takimi's rich voice, it almost had a haunting sound. Takimi sang it again and a third time. When she opened her eyes the doctor that had been looking after Takimi was standing there, smiling, apparently enjoying the song.

"I'm sorry. I just heard you from the other room and well, that's really a beautiful voice you have and a beautiful song as well."

"Thank you."

Takimi smiled and blushed slightly. She enjoyed the feeling of being complemented, it felt good. This was just one of the things that she was experiencing for the first time in her life.

"I've got good news for you Miss. Takimi. As of tomorrow morning, you'll be free to leave. You're ready now, but Val insisted you stay the night just to make sure. Well, I'm off duty now and I won't be on tomorrow so I won't see you here again, at least hopefully not. We'll need to get together sometime and have a drink or something. By the way, my name is Sue. Well, I'll see you around Miss. Takimi."

Sue bowed slightly and left the room.

"Goodbye Sue."

Val wanted her to stay one more night just to be sure. Or did he not want her in the house with him so soon after that little incident? No, Takimi was sure it was because Val truly wanted to make sure she was better before having her up and about, that had to be it. But no matter how much she believed, there was still a little bit of her, in the back of her mind that doubted that. Doubt about someones intentions, something else she was going to have to learn to deal with.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:26 pm

After walking off from Base a little bit, Val took out a small portable communicator that would link up to the shuttle and then send the signal back to the Caligo Umbra base.

Pilot - Pilot 0859 reporting in. Commander Richards is now instable condition. He will be out for awhile though, and he'll need several skingraphs for the burns on his back, but other than that he should pull through. Pilot 0859, signing out.

The pilot clicked off his communicator and went back over near Base.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:10 pm

Val pulled the small communicator out of his pocket and looked at the screen.

Pilot - "Pilot 0859 reporting in. Commander Richards is now in stable condition. He will be out for awhile though, and he'll need several skin graphs for the burns on his back, but other than that he should pull through. Pilot 0859, signing out."

Val smiled as he got the message. The was the best news that he had gotten all day. Hell, it was the best news he gotten since Zach and the Defenders agreed to meet with him. Val deleted the message, there was no reason for him to send one back to the pilot, and headed for the construction area where the Hyperion was. Val wasn't surprised to see that James and every mechanic in the Caligo Umbra, save for Lina Greywood, was working at one hundred and ten percent on it. Val smiled as he watched people scurrying back and forth bringing and taking tools from the mechanics to the shelves. Just perfect, the mechanics were doing all the mechanical work and none of the running back and forth. Work was moving as fast as it could. Val spotted James and jogged over to him.

"James, Han is alright. His condition stabilized and he's resting now."

James stopped for have a second to smile, then went back to his work.

"Sorry I'm not jumping for joy. But lots of work to do!"

With those words James turned and darted off back towards the Hyperion, yelling something about thrusters being off balance.

Val looked around and realized that he was in the middle of a swarm and dodged his way out of it and headed back to the Medical Wing. It was time to check on Takimi again. Once he got to the Medical Wing, Val saw that Takimi was up and walking on her own. Just around in circles, but it was still encouraging to see. When Takimi circled around again, she saw Val was standing there, smiling at her, this made her blush slightly.

"How are you feeling?"

"Much better, thank you.Why do you want me to stay here tonight and not move into the house with you and James? Is it because of what I did?"

Val smiled and laughed.
"No, not at all, I just want to make sure that you're completely better. It's be a disaster if something happened while at the house. we wouldn't be able to get people over there as quickly as we can get there here."

"Ok. I just thought that it was because of the kiss, or something else I did. Can I still stay at the house?"

"Of course you can. You're room should be finished tonight. It's in the same hall as mine and James'. Don't worry about it Takimi, everything is taken care of."

Val paused for a few seconds.

"Commander Han's condition has stabilize. It looks like he'll pull through. Don't think he'll be able to pilot for a while though, if ever again."

"I've been meaning to ask about that. I thought you were the leader here, but you addressed him like a commanding officer. Why is that?"

"I am leader here. But part of the alliance we have right now is that I'm under direct command of the Defenders, and Han was placed in charge, so he's the commanding officer. Simple as that."

"Oh, that's it?"

"That's it. Well I've got work to do. So you get some rest and I'll be by in the morning to get you moved into your room alright?"

Val gently kissed her on the forehead and left the room.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:15 pm

"Val, wait!"

Val was already a few steps down the hall but he heard Takimi call out for him. He stopped and turned to see Takimi standing in the door way looking at him.

"I've got a few question I want to ask you, if that's alright. Questions, about you, and about how you got here."

Val shifted his weight from foot to foot for about a minuet, there was a dead silence between them, all that could be heard was the hum of machinery from random parts of the base.

"Alright, I guess it couldn't hurt to answer a few questions you've got to ask."

Val walked back to Takimi and then waled back to her bed with her and took a seat on the edge. Val folded his hands together and looked over at Takimi, who had taken a seat on the bed right next to him. Takimi couldn't help but think that Val thought this was more of an interrogation then her trying to get to know him better.

"Well, ask away Takimi."

Takimi smiled and coughed slightly, just to clear her throat a little.

"Well, why are you here, doing this? I mean, you don't seam like a man that was made for the battle field. You're much to kind and sweet, well at least you are to me."

"People change depending on the situation that they are in. I'm like the way I am now because I don't need to be any other way. But in battle, you need to be cold, fast, strong and sharp. And in battle I am. It's like I'm a completely different person, but the worlds needs people like me, soldiers that will fight to make peace and then to keep it."

Takimi leaned forward to try and look into Val's face, but his head was lowered and he was staring intently at the floor.

"That's understandable. So how did you end up here, with the Caligo Umbra?"

"The Caligo Umbra is my child. Before James and I met up, there was now Caligo Umbra. I was just a normal soldier and James was just a normal mechanic. But we each had dreams that we wanted to reach, and we couldn't do that where we were. We needed to leave, to set out on our own, to start down the path that would eventually lead to our dreams. Originally I was a revolutionary. I was part of a small underground group that was determined to destroy OZ for actions they had taken against innocent people. When Zech Marquies left and returned to being Milliarido Peacecraft, I knew that he was somebody that would one day turn around and fight Treize and OZ. So I managed to bring together all the underground soldier and even some new recruits and formed them into the Caligo Umbra, the Dark Shadow. I roamed around for a while, just living day to day, moving from city to city staying in hotels, trying to find out where Lord Milliardo had gone. Once he joined White Fang, we offered our services to White Fang as well and were accepted with open arms, as they had apparently been keeping tabs on our attacks against Treize and OZ, as small and insignificant as they were."

"Why Zech Marquies and Milliardo Peacecraft? Why did you follow that one mas with such loyalty?"

"Lord Milliardo wasn't afraid to do what needed to be done. And at the time a soldiers life was meaningless to most people. A soldier would go off to battle a die and only that soldiers family and friends would mourn him. Someone that gives their life to a cause they truly believe in should be honored by both sides, allies and enemies. Lord Milliardo knew this. And while he was willing to put just about everything on the line, he didn't put the lives of the soldiers on the line. He used the Mobile Dolls in our place. While Lord Treize continued to use people, to pointlessly sacrifice the lives of the soldiers that followed him."

"Why do you call him Lord Treize? He was your enemy and what exactly did you and the Caligo Umbra do for White Fang?"

"I told you. A man that is willing to put his life on the line for what he believes in should be honored by both sides. While I don't like Lord Treize and what he stood for. Lord Treize was a good leader and his people were willing to follow him though thick and thin. As for what we did for White Fang. We did whatever we were given to do. We were all soldiers. We were given orders and we followed them. I was there at the final battle, at Space Station Libra. But I wasn't there fighting. Several of my men and I were there collection data on the Wing Zero, Deathscyth Hell, Heavy Arms, Sand Rock, Altron, Tallgeese III and the Epyon. We were collecting data to ensure that the Gundams could be built once again, if there was ever a need for them. I think that's enough for now. I'll answer more later, but I do have some work I need to do."

Before Takimi could even respond, Val was up and out of the room. Takimi wasn't sure what to make of what just happened. Was Val ashamed of what he had done? Or were the memories painful? Maybe he just wasn't a talker. But whatever it was, Takimi had gotten Val to open up to her a bit. And that's what she was hoping for.

Val returned to his office and sat down at his desk and flicked on the computer screen. He did have work to do, but right now he didn't feel like doing it. All he wasted was to be alone in a nice quiet space.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:57 pm

Val sat alone in his office, the door closed, the light out. It was almost pitch black in the room, the only light came from the dimly lit hallway the seeped in through the small crack between the floor and the bottom of the door. Val had his back to the door, staring at the wall. Val closed his eyes a took a deep breath and all at once the memories came flooding back to him.

The year was After Colony 183 and Val was just eight years old. His mother had died years ago when Val was only three, as a result of a bank robbery. Val was with his father and his grandmother in the park. Val couldn't remember which park or where, but he did remember that it was on Earth, Val had lived on Earth his entire life. The Romafeller Foundation and their watch dogs of OZ were in control of the area where the three of them lived, but it wasn't so bad. They had more than enough food to live on, and they were livening on military housing because Val's father did some sort of work of OZ, or for Romafeller, or both. Most of the memory was a blur except for their deaths. Someone had attacked and OZ was fighting against them. OZ was forced to back into the residential area, not being able to hold off the enemy, but they took no care as to what they were doing. It all happened so fast, one second it was an average day, the next second, there were four Leo suits standing on the other side of the park, keeping the civilians between them and the advancing enemy. The enemy had begun to pull back, not wanting to involve civilians, which gave the OZ soldier a terrible idea. The Leo's moved into the center of the park, pointing their guns down at the groups of terrified people in the park, demanding that the attackers surrender or they would kill the civilians. After a few minuets the attackers powered down their suits, only to be gunned down the the OZ Leos. One of the attacking suits fell forward, into the park. Val's father had just enough time to pick him up and with all his strength, throw him into the pond before the suit fell, crushing both Val's father and Val's grandmother.

Val opened his eyes and looked back into the blackness that was his office. Val was breathing hard and a cold sweat was running down his face. With fumbling hand, Val reached for the cigarettes that sat on his desk, slipped one in his mouth and lit it. Val took a long drag, held the smoke in for a few seconds then blew it out.

This time, the year was After Colony 187 and Val has just turned twelve. Val had been with the "rebels" since the fated incident in the park four years ago. And now that he was old enough, they began training him to fight. Mostly Val had been working with supplies, making sure everything was where it should be, and that there was plenty of it. Nothing exciting, but he owed these men and women his life, and he was grateful. Six months later, Val was sent on his first mission with a group. A simple raid mission. Each member of the twelve man group had an assault rifle and no other armament, except for the team leader who had a C4 charge with him, the base wasn't supposed to be heavily armed. It was supposed to be just a small outpost that held some food supplies, weapons and ammunition. It turned out that it was a secret underground base that OZ was using to house Mobile Suits. But they didn't find that out until it was too late. The other eleven member of the team were cut down instantly by OZ infantry fire. Val survived only because he had hesitated when he heard the gun fire. Seeing his friends, comrades, and for all instant and purposes, his family being slaughter, Val lost it. Val didn't remember having control of his body, it seems like he was acting on animistic instinct. One by one the OZ infantry soldiers fell to his gun fire. Val had taken the C4 charge and fount his was into the hanger. Without thinking, or even knowing what would happen, Val placed the charge on one of the Aries suits that was being worked on. Val made it out of the base and was half was back to the rendezvous point when the charge exploded, causing the Aries to exploded and in turn set off the other suits and eventually caved the entire base into the ground.

Eight years later, After Colony 195. The colonies had launched some sort of operation to destroy OZ, and rumors of immensely powerful mobile suits called Gundams were flying around. By now Val had taken over and formed the Caligo Umbra and James had joined him. After every attack, scouting teams would go and search the area for anything they could find and any information or parts of these all powerful Gundams.

After Colony 195, Christmas Eve. Val and the Caligo Umbra were is space, giving support and supplies to White Fang, and collecting battle data on the Wing Zero, Deathscyth Hell, Heavy Arms, Sand Rock, Altron, Epyon and the Talgeese II. Val stood alone in his quarters, looking out the window, watching the explosions of the mobile suits. Val believed he should be out there, helping Lord Milliardo against the OZ figurehead Treize. But he and the Caligo Umbra had their order they were just to provide support and clean up. So many people on the side of Treize were dying, and for what? To stop White Fang? This was more of a personal battle between Lord Milliardo and Lord Treize, at least that's what Val believe. And Treize had dragged innocents into it.

Suddenly Val was back in his office, the cigarette and burned out in his hand, the ash had fallen to the floor. The room was no longer dark, light from the open door now flooded into the room. Val turned in his chair to see the silhouette of Takimi standing in the open door. Val blinked a few times, his eyes adjusting to the light. Takimi closed the door and walked over to Val. In the dark she once again pressed her lips against Val's, only this time she got a response, the response she had been hoping for.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:19 am

Val awoke several hours later, having to idea exactly what time it was. Val was laying on the couch in his office, which was once again almost completely pitch black. Val started to sit up, but something was weighing him down. Val stopped for a second and put his hand on what was weighting him down. He felt soft skin and silky hair, it was Takimi. Then Val remembered, Takimi had come in last night, or whenever it was and together they had shared a night of passion in his darkened office. Quickly shifting his weight, Val slipped out from under Takimi and slowly walked over to his desk and flipped on the small table top lamp that sat on it. Val turned his head and closed his eyes, the light, though it wasn't actually that bright, seemed bright after spending hours in a completely dark room. After Val's eyes adjusted to the light he looked around. The hospital gown that Takimi had been wearing was on the floor by the desk chair and his cloths were scattered across the office. Val had his boxers on, opting to put them back on before settling down for the night. Takimi still lay on the couch, with Val's trench coat draped over her like a security blanket. Val shook his head and sat down at his deck, turning the computer on. It had been almost four years since Val had been with a woman that he actually knew. Sure, there were the girls from the clubs, but there was no telling how many other people they had been with before, or since Val. Takimi had woken up by now and sat up, looking over at Val with a smile and a happy glint in her eye.

"Something wrong?"

"No, nothing. Just my back is a little swore."

Takimi stood up, letting the trench coat drape off of her, she had on her bra and underwear, and walked over to Val and knelt beside him.

"Sorry about that. I can go a little wild."

Takimi smiled and rested her head on Val's knee. Val smiled and let out a small laugh.

"I think it's from the couch, not from you."

"Well that's good then. I'm going to the house to make breakfast. And I expect to see you and James there in thirty minuets alright?"

Takimi stood up and kisses Val, who returned the kiss. She then grabbed Val's trench coat, put it on and headed out for the house. Val watched the open doorway for a few minuets then got dressed himself.

"What an amazing woman she is. But this is going to lead to a small problem with Lina. Well I'll deal with that when and if it comes."

Val finished getting dressed and headed towards the construction area where he was sure James and the Mechanics were still working on the Hyperion. Sure enough, when Val got there, there was still teams of mechanics going over every little detail, though some had gone off duty to get some sleep, which was completely understandable. James was still there however, well his body was there, but he was passed out on a chart of the Hyperion with a pencil in one of his hands and a rolled out sheet of paper in the other. The mechanics had just let him fall asleep, after all, he had been working just as hard, maybe harder they they had. Val stood by James for a few seconds, laughing to himself.

"Hey, sleeping ugly, wake up."

"Connect the arm via the hyperlink conduit to the.....what?"

James sat up and looked around as if seeing this room for the first time. Once his mind woke up Jame shook his head and looked at Val.

"Morning."

"Morning? Ah, shit, you mean I fell sleep? Why did you guys wake me?" James yelled at the mechanics.

"Because even you need sleep sir!"

"Come on you, Takimi is making breakfast for us back at the house, and I don't think she'll be happy if we're late."

"But there's still work to do here and I can't just....."

Whatever James was planing on saying was cut shot by Val grabbing the back of James' shit and literally dragging him across the hanger and out the door.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.