Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! »

Players Wanted: Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! »

Taking a step up

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Taking a step up

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fruccus on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:36 pm

Hello RoleplayGateway!

My name is Fruccus and I have just joined, having found myself with a little more free time than usual now that I have finished University. I have been involved in some light roleplay on other sites, mostly as a side project, and like it enough to sought out a site dedicated simply to writing, so here I am. The place looks great and I'm very much looking forward to getting my feet wet. I scouted around first and saw some very promising stories from a variety of genres and styles. Very exciting!

Can't wait to gets started, and headed straight for the OOC forum to browse for potentially the next few hours. Please be gentle with me, I'm new and looking to improve but I hope that I can hold my own while that's happening.

With eager optimism,
Fruccus.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fruccus
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Taking a step up

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:16 pm

Hullo, hullo!

It is a great site, but you'll have to forgive the current glut of 'storage RPs' that pop up here and there. Though if you're browsing by OOCs you might run into less, I don't actually know. o.o

Only thing I can think of immediately that you should do is go make 10 posts, the forum games is the easiest way to get this out of the way. This will allow you to send PMs, which can be pretty important to plotting things in RPs. ^^

And I can't think of anything else, so welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay. : D

Feel free to poke me if you have any additional questions. I'm both a long time member and a former moderator so I know my way around this place pretty darn well. ^^

Adious~
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alasund
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Aaaaah, done with university - I can't even imagine how that feels right now;

In any case, welcome! If you're looking for a site to write, you've come to the right place. I've been here for a while now, and I'm still absolutely in love with it. Everything Al said above me is right, and i you have any other questions, you can shoot them towards me too.

Welcome, and I hope you have fun!

Cienpher
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fruccus on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:21 am

Thanks you two, I'll definitely keep you in mind if I come up against any problems. Everything seems fairly straightforward and any terms I'm unfamiliar with are only a google search away but I'm sure I'll hit a wall at some point; it's a far more sophisticated layout than the forums I'm used to.

I guess I'll wander over to the forum games and make my mark. I've already reached the point of wanted to mail a GM to ask questions so I can see how crucial the PM system is going to be.

Thank you again, and maybe bump in to you down the line in a more creative capacity :)

Fruccus
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!