Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Tale of Sins and Sinners. (VtM RP)

a topic in Private Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

For all non-public roleplay, regardless of genre. Your roleplay belongs here if you do not have public signups.

Re: A tale of Sins and Sinners. (VtM RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bearonthecouch on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:25 pm

She nods. "You're right," she agrees immediately. Of course she felt it. Of course he's dangerous. She glares at Edward. "You think if I ignore him, he'll just go away?" Her voice is dripping with sarcasm.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bearonthecouch
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:27 am

Molly: Club Kitty

"It's... still possible the meeting was a coincidence and you just got spooked." He tried to assure her, "But I'm going to look into it for you, just to be safe. I don't want anything to happen to you Molly."

For a moment his words of concern hung in the air, as the two of them sat silent... his thumb idly stroking across the back of her hand in a manner very mortal and affectionate. Of course, there was no comforting warmth from his skin to hers. No soft catch of breath or nervous sweat at their proximity to one another. What could have been warm and comforting had a sharp sting of wrongness to it. It wasn't supposed to be like this. He seemed to notice how his attempted gesture of affection felt so alien as well, because after a moment he released her hand and made a soft, awkward noise as he fixed his collar.

"Yes. Ah... well. In any case... I won't let anything happen to you Molly. Be certain of that." He told her awkwardly, "We're safe here to rest on it and decide what we'll do when we wake."

(And unless you've more to say, they shall do just that! And I'm curious what you plan IS the next day. You can go and do whatever you like to solve your little issue with Jeff. What's your plan?)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bearonthecouch on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:46 am

Whenever they wake up, she'll send a text to Aiden: "Let's talk?"

And then she'll go down to the club to hang out until he answers.

bearonthecouch
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evendel on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:29 am

((Sorry, I'll come up with something soon, it's just been a bit exhausting at work...any word on the Chantry having a copy of the Book of Nod, though?))

evendel
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evendel on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:32 am

"I think I understand. Thank you Abraham." Unable to think of any further questions at the moment Aiden turns to begin exploring the Chantry. Volumes of lore and history, both arcane and not, promising answers to questions he never had and posing mysteries he didn't know existed. Walking the stacks he runs his fingers over the spines of books and racks his brain for anything that might help in finding Photios, or defeating him. Specifically he begins seeking out the Book of Nod or any mention of it. 'If Photios is looking for a person of vampiric and biblical myth I might as well start where he probably did.'

evendel
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:04 pm

(Busy few days, sorry guys. I'll have an update proper for you on Monday night.)

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:16 pm

(The Chantry lacks even a partial copy of the Book of Nod, alas. Abraham will claim that he's only seen partial, re-created bits from certain sections at the High Chantry in Venice. He'll tell you that most of what he read was written in verse and rambling prophecy however. Speaking of Caine's damnation at god's hands... of his time walking the earth afterwards before his solitude was too much for him and he created others like himself and settled down to found what the book refers to as "the first city". When his children created still more prodigy, he supposedly realized that this could go poorly if left unchecked and forbid his children and grandchildren from further embracing. God however, was pissed that Caine had created kin at all, and sent the literal, biblical flood that destroyed the first city and most of caine's descendents. Seeing this as a sign that god would never permit him to do anything but wander and suffer, Caine left for parts unknown. The few of Caine's grandchildren who survived the flood were then left to decide what they would do without his guidance.

According to the texts, Abraham will explain, they disagreed on what should be done. The antediluvians parted ways, unable to compromise. Certain that their fellows would eventually strike at them, they hid and schemed and embraced armies of children to defend and serve them. And from those children are you all descended. Or most. He'll tell you outright that the Tremere did not exist then. He'll also tell you that the Camarilla as a whole claims that the antediluvians were slain or passed into tupor over the years due to their immense age. You can choose to believe that, if you wish.

Regardless, Aiden will spend the night trying his hand at researching the Book of Nod and lore on the antediluvians... the Baali... Reading Tobin's Spirit Guide. Whatever he can, really. Eventually however, the realization will sink in that he needs to go home.)

Aiden Ambiance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opP2YIW0vPs

The drive home was not an uncomfortable one... and not merely from the weariness brought on by the coming dawn. He had far overstayed in his research, part of him dreading returning to his home in case the specter he had sighted remained. His door swung open with a low creak, and he reached inside to flick on his lights. The place seemed empty. It seemed safe. But then, it had before. His home felt cold. Colder than it should, and in a way that still managed to disturb him despite his kindred nature. He could not remember the last time his body had felt the need to shudder at a chill. Just nerves? Did such a thing even happen to the dead?

His body was slow... lethargic. It was too close to dawn. He dragged himself upstairs towards his room. As he walked down the hall he was all but certain he heard a distant creaking from his walls. The wind? As he entered his bedroom, the chill passed him again, and he shuddered. Even his auspex saw nothing, but he FELT it. He swore he felt it. The discomfort took quite a time to pass, and still he could sense nothing. He dearly wished he had more time in the night to venture elsewhere, as the idea of being torpid and vulnerable with the thing he had seen earlier about was troubling. Would it hurt him? Could it? His room had only one heavily-sealed and curtained window, but it was enough to make him nervous.

Not a minute after the chill had passed from him, a sudden sharp noise from his bathroom made him jump. The sudden sharp crack of breaking glass.

(With few other places to go, I'll assume Aiden checks on the source of the noise. It's not like leaving his home is really an option)

Clutching the Spirit Guide to his chest as if it were some sort of holy symbol, Aiden slid a hand into the bathroom to flick on the light. The culprit seemed to be the mirror over his sink, which was cracked in the center as if it had been struck with something. Small pieces of the glass had fallen from it to his bathroom counter. As he looked to it however, the chill overtook him, and this time he saw why. In fractured reflection in his mirror there was a second figure standing directly beside him in the room. Her hand was on his shoulder. Her face was a twisted visage covered in that seemed equal parts horrifying, inhuman and vaguely familiar.

Hi Mom: http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/media/NewsJ ... st-art.jpg

What passed for lips on the horrid thing moved, as if she was struggling to speak to him... and even though the reflection showed that she was mere inches from his ear... he heard nothing.

(ALEX! I need two rolls from you to determine how this goes down. The first is a courage roll, Diff: 7 to avoid completely losing your fudge and getting out of there. The second, is an Perception + Linquistics roll (Also Diff 7) to see if you can read a wraith's lips. If you fail the first one and bug out, the second roll won't be needed. You can spend a willpower to auto-succeed the first roll unless you botch though.)

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evendel on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:42 am

((Jumpin' Jiminy Christmas!!! My mom is terrifying! Alright....Courage is 1, 6, 6, 8, and 10. Still desperately trying to remember how this works. That means I have one success right and can keep myself from literally shitting a full brick and bolting into the sunlight? If not I will blow a Willpower on this, Abraham said I need to see this thing through and figure out what the fuck is going on. So Perception + Linguistics is 6d10 aaaaand....not terrible! 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 10! Woo! So long as her jaw doesn't fall off I'm guessing I can figure out what she's saying?))

evendel
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:50 am

Aiden

While lip-reading was never his strong point, and the figure's lips are hardly in ideal situation... Aiden quashed his feelings of horror under a pall of rationality. If the creature had wanted to hurt him, it would have. No... the sudden appearance. The broken mirror. It wanted to be seen. Heard. And while he could only see it reflected faintly in the fractured glass, and he could hear nothing coming from it's twisted lips, he was certain it was doing all of this to communicate with him. Lip-reading a reflection of a departed spirit was not something he ever thought he would do in his life, but here he was. It's touch was by far the most distressing part, as that horrid chill within him would NOT subsist as long as her hand remained on his shoulder.

He tried to squint and focus, doing everything he could to put all of that out of his mind and focus on what it was trying to say to him. His dead heart would have skipped a beat if it could, when he recognized his name.

"Aiden... please...." It seemed to be saying, it's words drawn out and labored. What could make a ghost weary?

"I love... you... son..." It mouthed, it's substance seeming to fade even as it spoke, "They... killed me. Please... don't trust..."

It's form by then was too faded for him to make sense of, a look of despair and horror across it's own terrifying visage. It looked desperate to remain, but the strain of making itself even this visible seemed to be too much for it. Still clinging to him and futilely trying to be heard, it faded from sight within the broken mirror. The deathly chill hung over him for a few moments more, but eventually, even that was gone, and he was alone again. Or... he seemed to be.

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evendel on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:49 am

As difficult as it was for him to focus on the horrid, wilting image of a woman in his bathroom mirror Aiden's hand shook as he reached for the mirror and whispered in disbelief, "Mom?"

After fading away his tired eyes keep searching the cracked glass for any hint of the figure. His mother...? With no visual to focus on and little knowledge of his mother's death Aiden began to question the validity of his own recollection. It couldn't have been her. It knew his name, but so did a lot of people. It called him 'son', but anyone could say that to fool him. It...loved him. He almost felt his heart flutter at that. If it was his mom she was still out there somehow, trapped and afraid, and someone out there had murdered her.

Chilled and exhausted Aiden stumbled away from the shattered mirror and back towards his bedroom. His mind spun as emotions he had thought long buried surfaced and clenched his withered gut in an iron fist. Aiden picked up his journal and pushed himself to consciousness long enough to write down the experience as vividly as he could, remarking on the bullet points of his evening and finishing with "Buy new mirror...non-glass." Dropping the book beside his bed Aiden reached for his owl and passed out still in his clothes stretched across his bed.

((Roll against nightmares...1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 8, 8, 9...so one success))

As usual sleep was fitful at best. Aiden's mind showed him all the terrible deaths of his mother, some that were so far-fetched as to be absurd, like falling into a pool of jello and suffocating, to ones that hit too close to home, like being drained of blood by a vampire who looked disturbingly like Aiden himself.

With a startled shout Aiden jerks awake and scans his bedroom with wide eyes for a spectral visitor. The sharp, staccato beep of his phones message indicator causes him to turn and pull it from the charger to see Amp's request. Relaxing his grip on the owl he stows it under his nightstand again and call's Amp.

evendel
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bearonthecouch on Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:34 pm

The phone will ring five or six times, at least before it stops ringing. After maybe half a minute, Amp will dial you back. There's a lot of background noise, bass-heavy club mixes that you can't really pick out the lyrics to over the phone. The crackle of wind, and the echoey kind of reverb you get when somebody's standing outside.

"Aiden?" Molly asks nervously. Her voice is louder than necessary. And why the hell wouldn't it be you? Caller ID says it's you. She's bad at phones. At least the talking part.

bearonthecouch
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evendel on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:57 am

"Molly, hi!" he'll say, sounding probably more excited than he actually is, "I just got your message. Where are you?"

Slipping off of his bed Aiden runs his hand down the front of his vest to try and smooth out some wrinkles before giving up and just unbuttoning it. Carefully juggling his phone back and forth he tries to change while talking. "Damn buttons..." he mutters.

evendel
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bearonthecouch on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:15 pm

"I'm not anywhere important." She's walking as she talks to you. The wind noise stays consistent, but the music fades as she gets farther away from the club. Eventually, she'll settle down in a bus shelter. Sitting right under the bright light. Looking around, frantically paranoid. She taps her leg up and down and scans the graffiti and ads plastered everywhere as she tells herself mentally to just calm the fuck down. It's a good thing she doesn't have to breathe anymore - you won't be able to hear that anything is off with her. "Listen, I need... help. Can we meet somewhere? It's a research thing, kind of. I don't know who else to ask."

bearonthecouch
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evendel on Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:25 pm

"Research stuff, huh?" Aiden drops his shirt in the hamper as he starts flipping through his closet, pulling a sapphire blue shirt and an ivory vest with gold spiraling patterns on it. "What kind of research are we talking about?" he asks, fumbling with is belt and kicking his shoes into the corner of his closet. "Or would you rather talk about that in person? I could come to you and then head out from there."

evendel
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bearonthecouch on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:42 pm

"Okay." She looks around, blinking into the dark streets. There's a coffee shop down the street. Run-down and sketchy-looking, but open. It'll do. She gives you the cross streets. "See you soon?" she asks, a little more nervously than you'd think is strictly warranted.

bearonthecouch
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evendel on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:34 am

"Yeah, I'll be there soon...just need pants. Sit tight!" Hanging up Aiden finishes dressing and tucks his phone in his pocket. Glancing into the bathroom on his way out he stops and steps inside, staring into the cracked glass for a minute looking for...well...anything really. Hearing the glass crunch under his feet as he shifts his weight breaks the spell of last nights memories and he hurries out to his SUV to rendezvous with Molly.

The closer he gets to the address the seedier and more uncomfortable it all seems. Parking out front Aiden locks the car and makes a mental note to look into something more than the standard alarm system for a vehicle. Opening up the coffee shop he glances around, looking for Molly.

evendel
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bearonthecouch on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:24 am

She's there, huddled at a small table crammed into the back corner of the place. She's playing with a styrofoam cup, flipping it upside down on the table, flicking it with her fingernail, carving tiny patterns and pictures into its surface with no rhyme or reason. She also has her laptop out, glowing a comfortable blue. She glances up several thousand times a minute, and relaxes noticeably when she sees you. She meets your eyes, but doesn't really say hello or anything. She's jittery as hell, almost as if she is loaded up on coffee. You guys don't drink coffee anymore though.

She flashes you a hesitant smile and shifts her computer to make some space for you on the table. She kicks the chair across from her backward so that you can sit in it.

As far as you can tell, there's no one else in the place, although you can hear a radio playing some kind of reggae hip-hop in the back room.

bearonthecouch
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:17 pm

(Just posting to let you know I'm still here. You seem to be doing well with the improved RP tho, so I'mma let you finish. OR WILL I?!)

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evendel on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:44 pm

((No, we don't drink coffee we just eat people who drink coffee. Where is everyone Molly? XD ))

Empty house, not making the creepy vibe any better. Annoyingly calming reggae sounds from nowhere, creepier. And an already jittery kid who has clearly had too much coffee in an attempt to calm her nerves...which would be normal if he could get Weber out of his heads. "We're all just sharks who have learned to lie." he mumbles to himself as he attempts to smile reassuringly at Molly. Striding down the aisle he steadies the chair and sits down.

"So, what's going on? You look...agitated." Taking a deep breath he'll turn his head slightly and look at you from the corner of his eye. "....you haven't eaten a junkie have you?"

((I'm assuming that some club-related smells would be stuck to her if/when he uses Auspex?))

evendel
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bearonthecouch on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:15 pm

((I'm sure. You have Auspex?))

If you're listening, you'll definitely notice that there's a living human person in the radio room. Digging through boxes, washing dishes, talking somewhat softly in a not-English language (actually, you're educated and shit, would you recognize Farsi?). You're only hearing one side of the conversation, though - he's on the phone, not speaking to someone physically present.

"Not recently," Molly answers your question. Completely honestly, even though she sounds all snarky and amused. She crumples up her styrofoam cup and chucks it toward the trash can across the room. She misses, but gets it close enough to still be respectable. In this neighborhood, a bit of litter on the floor is hardly even noticeable anyway.

"What do you know about the Nosferatu in this city?" she finally asks you, quietly. She's actually looking at you directly for the first time since you got here, all intense and unsettling.

bearonthecouch
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!