Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A Tale of Sins and Sinners. (VtM RP)

a topic in Private Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

For all non-public roleplay, regardless of genre. Your roleplay belongs here if you do not have public signups.

A Tale of Sins and Sinners. (VtM RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:00 am

Ok, here we go. This will be the site of my game, so everyone post their character ideas here (including sheets, if you finish them). I'll not be starting this immediately, but this seems a good place for you all to brainstorm ideas and shoot characters at me.

The game will be a camarilla game set in the city of Chicago (though I'm open to a change in locale if you all insist). You will all be starting level childer of the various kindred of the city. Everyone should have a sheet, a vague backstory, a vague idea of whom their sire is, and a reason why you were embraced. I'm open to brainstorming if anyone wants, so don't be afraid to shoot ideas at me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: A tale of Sins and Sinners. (VtM RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evendel on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:24 am

*Bang...bang bang!*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

evendel
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:18 am

No sheet, no nothing? Who is that, Karen? Alex?

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bearonthecouch on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:23 pm

That was Alex (duh). It helps that no one changes their online handle ever. If Steph uses manabean, my life will feel in balance and happy.

bearonthecouch
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:05 pm

Ok. That's two check-ins. Paste yo sheets on this page once you have them complete, and you can send me any background stuff or ideas you want to remain mysterious to me privately. Like if, say... someone has a dark secret. Don't be afraid of dark secrets. If the title of the game is anything to go by... EVERYONE in it will have a dark secret.

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby totallynotmanabean on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Just for that I changed my username. :P

(No seriously I still use it. It's easy to remember.)

Oops, forgot to link to the sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33198 That should work... except it wants me to participate in chat before I post links?

totallynotmanabean
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bearonthecouch on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:20 pm

I love you, Steph!

Also... sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33202

bearonthecouch
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evendel on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:01 am

And here's the sheet for Aiden.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33240

*EDIT* I'm not seeing a way for us to use private messages...maybe I'm just blind. I'll try and keep looking.

*EDIT2* Looks like Chris might have to enable private messaging on this board? Or something? Really have no idea on this one. For now should we just send PM's to you via Facebook Chris?

evendel
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Yeah, that's fine. Sorry... I know all of jack squat about this roleplay site and how it works. PM's will definitely be needed for this game though, so we need to figure them out.

Oh, and I warned Alex specifically but I figure I should inform you all. The status background is your friend. Without it you are either A: illegally made or not permitted in the city yet, thus being open-game for the scourge or the sheriff to detain or kill as they see fit. B: Still childer and thus, completely lacking in rights and freedom. You'd be pretty much leashed to your sire and "not yet approved". Since sires are responsible for the crimes of their childer, most sires will keep you on a very tight leash for their own good.

If you guys wanna be legit, recognized kindred who can show up at social events without being immediately detained, I'd suggest slipping a point into the status background. There's also a seperate status rating/background for each clan, so you can earn good standing and favor with, say, the ventrue above and beyond how much you're liked int he city as a whole. No one should start with more than one status though. You're all young.

Give me a day or two to work on the world and all that, and I'll start you all up. Karen, Steph... one question. What do you want to do with your characters now that you're dead? I asked alex so I'll ask you both too. Did you guys wanna slum with the anarchs? Attempt to play politics? Have you got goals or any sort, in-character or out? It'll help me write stories for you all.

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bearonthecouch on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:15 pm

I switched out influence for status. It seems beneficial

bearonthecouch
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evendel on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:16 pm

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33289

Revised character sheet. Should be good to go now. Woo!

evendel
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:06 pm

A Tale of Sins and Sinners: Act One "It Begins"

Chicago has always been a city with a sordid past. Urban decay is a ever-persistant mire that fills the streets of the city, not seen only in places where the cultured, affluent and well-to-do have risen above the mire below them. Often literally. Corruption is rampant and almost expected by the city's population. It's simply expected that every politician is a liar, every cop is at least a little dirty, and every church is collecting donations as much for the preacher's expensive lifestyle as for the lord. The population is fairly jaded and tolerant of this, moving about their lives in the urban jungle with their heads down in the hope of avoiding the worst of the things out there. Kindness and charity are pipe dreams of the foolish and idealistic. Everyone wants something, and there's a sucker born every minute. The mob that the city is infamous for never really left the city, they just stopped fighting the law in the streets because they own the law now. The city is their playground.

In this darker version of the world you have all been born and raised. Jaded people in a jaded world. Hope is a commodity that few dare to take to heart, for it is almost always dashed by reality. Despite this, the churches are full of beleaguered common people praying that the next life will hold more for them than this one. People imagine their own sins and failings small in comparison to the cold, bleak world around them... finding ever more elaborate excuses for their own moral failings. Mortal society is proceeding almost exactly as planned.

The Kindred who run Chicago have done so for ages... almost since the city's inception. Prince Donovan is known by all, and he has run the city since the camarilla decided to occupy it almost 200 years ago. Chicago has always been stable ground by Camarilla standards, due to how strictly and sternly the prince adheres to the traditions. Undesirables like Caitiff, Anarchs and members of independant clans are rarely tolerated, and the punishment for breaches of tradition is often death. The scourge are ever-present in the city's Rack, the only part of the city not claimed as exclusive hunting ground by one of the city's elders or kindred. By granting hunting rites to kindred in exchange for the enforcement of camarilla law on that territory, the prince has kept the city fairly safe and secure via delegation. The punishment for failing to uphold the major traditions in your granted territory is severe enough that few wish to risk being lenient.

Young kindred are forced to sup from the territories of their sires, or forced to hunt in the city's rack. The area given as free hunting grounds to all is a sleazy, crime-ridden hell hole full of prostitutes, drug dealers, gangs, junkies, criminals, strip clubs and the occasional poor soul just struggling to get by. The area is also routinely patrolled by the scourge, a trio of kindred loyal to the prince who are quick to put down undesirables and undeclared kindred. Kindred granted territory are expected to enforce their claim on their own, as seeking help from the prince or the sheriff in defending what has been granted to you proves you are undeserving of such a gift.

Because of this, the elders and those in their care can go weeks or months without seeing one another, while young kindred without territory of their own are forced into relatively cramped quarters and tight competition for food, with the ever-present possibility of execution if they should bungle a night's feeding and be seen. Chicago is a city run for the elders, and it is fairly apparent to the young that they are only a concern if they cause a problem. The city claims to be free of both Sabbat and Anarchs, and kindred who can be accused of belonging to either sect are quickly executed. Only the elders and their own pawns and progeny are safe from swift judgement.

It is in this city that you all will have to make your way, deciding for yourselves who is worth following and who is worth angering, for the kindred and their politics leave no one untouched. In the end, no one is innocent. It is only a choice of which path to hell you choose to take.

OOC: I'll have individual set-ups for each of your characters soon, once I give you all once last chance to write me with any relevant background info you want to include. Steph still has no status, for instance... meaning she's not been accepted into the city and is running the risk of being beat up and executed if she's found. This isn't to say I can't work with that.... but before I set sires and backgrounds in stone, I wanted to give you all once last chance to give me ideas if you had them.

Once things get swinging along, I'm hoping to shoot for a post a day, but I know me and I know I'll slow down from time to time. To keep things moving though, I will institute the "Three day" rule. If you don't post for four days and I need your post to move the plot along, I will post for you, doing my best to do what I feel would be in character for you, if only so I can move the plot along and keep the game moving at a good pace. If you have to be away for that long or longer and you warn me beforehand, we can probably work around it or you can pre-decide your actions. I'm flexible.

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby totallynotmanabean on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:16 pm

(Sorry!)

Updated character sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33198 (Swapped a dot of Resources for Status and changed Nature.)

totallynotmanabean
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:52 pm

Kindred of the City: Part one

Here is a slight write-up of some characters you all would know of in the city. Along with basic information about them that would be available to anyone who's been to court or made even the slightest of efforts to learn about them.

Prince Donovan - The man who has run the city for it's entire existence as a camarilla territory. Prince Donovan is a Ventrue and was old when he took the position over 150 years ago. He takes the traditions and laws of his city very seriously and has no sense of humor or time for foolishness. He runs the city with a stern hand, mostly serving as a judge of situations that require his attention. The night-to-night running of things is handled by his progeny...
Prince Donovan is an intimidating man, seeming of his early 40's. Of roughly average height but a strong, sturdy build, his dark hair and sharp features suggest spanish or possibly italian decent. The prince has a glare that could freeze a charging garou and it is rumored that he has never smiled. He has the manner of a stern, disapproving parent with all but the other elders. The prince dresses in well-tailored suits in a fairly old-fashioned but not outdated style, and his voice is powerful and commanding.

Micheal Dawson - Donovan's childe and the real person to talk to about most matters involving his holdings and influence. Micheal controls numerous ghouls in important positions amongst the city's police force and political body, and his official duty is one of preserving the masquerade. Supposedly, anything the police learn, he'll know within the hour. Known to be very loyal to his sire... so much so that many suspect the blood bond.
Micheal Dawson died an older man, perhaps near fifty. He has the worn look of a man with a stressful life. Thinning brown hair and narrow-framed glasses that he often fusses with. A man of many fidgets and tics, he is nonetheless one of the most powerful kindred in the city and he knows it, and he shows no fear or nervousness when dealing with others. The only one he seems nervous to displease is his sire.

Benjamin Reed - Donovan's second childe handles the drudgery of running the city with little of the benefits. Often mockingly called the prince's "secretary", he is nonetheless a kindred of over a century of age that carefully handles and administrates everything from boons to hunting rights to arranging elysium meetings.
Benjamin Reed is a portly, balding man in his 40's. He has the bearing of an overworked accountant more than a mover and shaker of the kindred community. He lacks the powerful bearing and presence of his sire or the assertiveness of his sibling and tends to fade into the background during important events.

Cynthia Ortega - Childe of Micheal Dawson. The youngest of the prince's brood, and the only not embraced by him directly. Cynthia was embraced in an attempt to keep up with the times and modern media, and she serves as Micheal's connection to any information network more advanced than simple television. She is fairly new to the city and is barely outside of her sire's tutelage, so few kindred really know her well as of yet. Despite being released from childer status recently, she is still often simply referred to as "Micheal's Childe".
Cynthia is a trim and well-kept woman of roughly 30 with dark brown hair kept in a ponytail. She is of obvious Hispanic decent, but carries the tone and inflections of a career-driven woman of the modern age. She has a tendency to give her opinion in important situations despite her youth, often earning her scornful looks from her sire.

Abraham - Head of the local Tremere chantry and member of the Primogen. Abraham is by far the most approachable of the city's elders, though many suspect that just means he is up to something. He serves amongst the primogen and thus advises the prince directly, though how far his advice is followed is a matter known only amongst that group. Outwardly he is soft-spoken, wise and collected, and he has even been willing to speak to neonates personally or give advice with no demands made in return. Few would accept the generosity of a Tremere, but still he always seems willing to offer.
Abraham is a Hebrew man of average height, perhaps in his early 40's. He has a full head of brown hair, and a beard to match. He dresses well, but not attention-grabbingly so, and keeps himself tidy and presentable. He has a demeanor of a soft-spoken professor or other mentor figure.

Nathan - Primogen of the Nosferatu and ruler of the undercity. Nathan is almost a prince in his own right. He has an unprecedented amount of freedom in the city, and the undercity is his exclusive domain. Effectively he IS the prince of the sewers and tunnels below Chicago, able to create progeny, enforce the laws and do as he pleases. So long as the Nosferatu police themselves and do not cause trouble above or intrude too much on surface politics, the prince seems fit to let them have their own little kingdom beneath his own. Nathan is a polarizing figure in kindred politics, and many are afraid of how far his reach extends. Many would say the prince gives him too much freedom, but they would dare not say it aloud. He is near-always followed around by a mute kindred believed to be his childer.
Nathan is a Nosferatu, and few have seen what he appears as beneath his obfuscate. The form he takes in court is that of a tall, broad-shouldered man with a somewhat ruddy, olive complexion. Nathan is calm, civil and collected, rarely showing anger or even raising his voice. Despite this, he seems to make people uncomfortable even when he is being polite. Some have compared it to having a civil discussion with a shark.

Jeff - Reputed to be Nathan's childer, Jeff has neither confirmed nor denied this. In fact, Jeff does not speak. He is seen at court from time to time, always in the company of Nathan, whom he submissively follows in utter silence, eyes downcast... rarely regarding anyone present. Despite being so inoffensive, something about the young man is distinctly unsettling and kindred with auspex have spread rumor that his aura is one of a violent beast or psychopath, only barely restrained. Why Nathan keeps him around and why he has the demeanor of a beaten dog, no one knows. The most common rumor is that the boy is mentally deranged and Nathan uses him to intimidate others... or worse.
Jeff appears as fairly normal young man in his early 20's, with dark hair. His build is slightly gangly and almost awkward, and he wears simple clothing... often a T-shirts and jeans. Perceptive kindred note that this is all obfuscation though few can pierce the veil enough to see what he truly looks like. Even despite the illusion of normalcy, the faint smell of blood often lingers around Jeff. Not uncommon amongst kindred, but unsettling to say the least.

Phew, these write-ups take longer than I thought. More tomorrow!

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:52 am

Vampire Cast: Part Two!

Erica - Few kindred in the city cause as much commotion as the Brujah Primogen, Erica. Unlike many of her clan, she is firmly established in the power structure and a loyal supporter of the prince's regime. This fact alone makes her despised by the majority of her clan, who see her as a boot-licker, traitor and sell-out. Erica stood in support of the purge of the city's anarchs, permitting the deaths of many of her clanmates in the name of order. Currently she serves as the prince's primary enforcer, and her progeny make up the bulk of the scourge.
Erica doesn't look the part of a vampire. She looks the part of a college-aged girl of perhaps 19 or 20... tall and fair with long, somewhat untamed red hair and freckles. Her skin is pale as only an irish woman's could be, but she lacks the deathly pallor of other kindred, seeming downright ruddy-cheeked at times. She dresses to fit her youthful image, wearing casual clothing like jeans, T-shirts and hoodies. Unpopular as she is with many, she is used to not having many friends amongst kindred, and comes off as aloof, wary and standoffish with younger kindred.

Owen Faulkner - Filling the spot of Toreador Primogen, Owen seems somewhat out of place amongst his peers. For one, he is the youngest of the primogen by far. For two, he seems disconnected with the harsh work of running the city... rarely getting involved in anything more than social gatherings. His parties are said to be decadent affairs the likes of which kindred can only dream... but they are invitation only. To kindred less important than himself (which he considers to be nearly everyone) he is talkative but faintly snide, dismissive and condescending. He is known to be an avid gambler and a fairly savvy buisinessman, and he owns and operates a large scale gambling ring, as well as Chicagos only legal casino, the "Queen Royale".
Owen is a handsome blonde man of 30 at most, who has the attire and bearing of a affluent jet-setter and socialite. He dresses to the gills in the latest fashions, and speaks down to nearly everyone he meets. While he can talk a good game about any manner of artistic endeavors and he is unfailingly opinionated, Owen is not a creator himself.

Camille - Owen's only childe, Camille is infamous in kindred social circles. Haughty, spoiled and doted on by her sire, she likes to imagine she is an important figure in kindred politics and is, if possible, even more of a socialite than her sire. Unlike her sire, Camille IS talented in the arts. She is a singer and pianist and immensely proud of her skill at both. She hosts lavish gatherings frequently for mortals she has taken a fancy to, and those few kindred she has deigned to invite. A shameless gossip and spreader of rumors, Camille is never shy about informing the ignorant of whom should be scorned.
Young, pretty and well aware of both, Camille revels in her eternal youth and beauty. Her clothing is expensive and tailored especially for her, and she is never seen wearing the same outfit twice. Expensive jewelry and immaculately styled auburn locks complete her image as one of the beautiful people. Even her sire does not seem to play as much to his clan's reputation for being shallow and superficial as Camille does.

Adrian Folke - The current sheriff of Chicago is a fairly reasonable man. He does his job and does it well, and as long as you keep the masquerade intact and avoid stepping on the toes of your betters, he can be a fairly pleasant man to be around. Folke (He never goes by his first name) comes across as laid-back and even-tempered for a Brujah, and could be genuinely likeable were he not one of the prince's enforcers. He led the purge of the anarchs at the prince's orders, and is still unpopular with those who supported them. He treats his position as a job, and he is a professional man. Common rumors put him as Erica's childe, but this has never been confirmed.
Folke is a tall, gangly man with parted black hair and a fondness for sleek, fitted suits. Unlike some of the other fine-dressed kindred of the city, Folke comes off as more of a well-dressed hitman or a classy mobster than an actual man born to wealth and culture. He smokes almost constantly, often annoying those around him with auspex.

Greg Anderson - The youngest kindred in the city, Greg is technically still Childer. His sire Camille was granted permission to embrace recently and thus was he dragged into the world of the damned. Greg can be seen perpetually at his sire's side, attempting awkwardly to fit in and generally having no idea what's going on around him. Camille boasts that Greg is also a talented musician, but most assume she simply embraced him for his somewhat rugged good looks.
Greg is a trim young man with brown hair and glasses. He has a perpetual scruffy "beard" and that ruggedly handsome and slightly disheveled look that college women enjoy. He often looks uncomfortable in the trendy clothes his sire sticks him in and at kindred gatherings he often looks confused, overwhelmed and clueless. Some kindred are already taking bets if he'll last long as one of their number.

Agatha - A toreador and part of Camille's clique of hangers on, Agatha is probably the least offensive to speak to. She comes off as fairly intelligent, witty and even polite... a stark contrast to the rest of her coterie. For the most part, Agatha seems to just let Camille rant and primp, giving her the attention she craves. She listens a lot, but gossips very little... and seems to be the only one of the toreador interested in making contacts and allies outside her clan.
Agatha isn't unattractive but she's certainly no model. Her look is closer to Lisa Loeb or Janeane Garofalo, looking more like an art house liberal than a WASPy debutante. Her age seems to be somewhere in her mid 20's, her hair is dark, and she wears rather thick glasses.

Ooof! Still several more to go. Um... stay tuned? I forgot how much set up information goes into sessions of vampire. :-P

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Vampire Cast: Part three! AKA: Jesus, there are a lot of characters in vampire games.

Vincent & Larson - A Brujah and a Gangrel respectively, Vincent and Larson are the primary members of the scourge. They skulk about the city's open hunting grounds watching for undesirables and masquerade violations. To most kindred they are essentially thugs with badges of office, and they are infamous for throwing their weight around and harassing younger kindred just to inflate their egos. Rumor puts Vincent as a former amateur boxer and mafia thug in life, while less is known about Larson. Both report directly to Erica.
Vincent is a slightly short, burly man Italian man with close-cropped brown hair and a nose that's clearly been broken several times during his life and healed oddly. He is fond of camouflage cargo pants and a fairly distinctive leather bomber jacket. He often wraps his fists in tape or simply wears fingerless gloves. Larson was in life a light-skinned black man, but his embrace has changed his complexion to an unusual ashy one. His hair is brown and kept in long natural dreadlocks. Larson is fairly tall, but his permanent slouch makes this less obvious. His clothing is often ragged, worn and stained, seeming to be straight from secondhand stores.

Anna - One of the most unusual specimens in the city, Anna is a Follower of Set who has been permitted to keep residence in the city despite the prince's usual intolerance of independant clans. The exact details of this arrangement are not known, but are often wildly speculated on. Anna has the rite of domain over a single building, a large "adult entertainment" venue known as Club Kitty. More vicious rumors and (possible) slander are spread about Anna as nearly every other kindred in the city combined. She is never invited to Elysium, but her mere existence seems to cause ripples of intrigue there. Camille in particular seems to loathe Anna, and is the source of a lot of the rumors about her.
Anna is a jailbait personified. A perky blonde girl with a playful smile, she was quite obviously in her teens when she was embraced, and her short stature only furthers the idea that she is underage. Her manner is teasing and flirty, her voice a curious mix of suggestive and innocent. She seems to genuinely enjoy her job, acting as an object of lust while playing up her apparent youth and sweet appearance. Despite her very adult surroundings, Anna rarely dresses scantily, instead favoring club gear or casual clothing that one would expect to see on a girl of her "age".

Anthony Weber - Abraham's childe and one of the city's small Tremere population, Anthony is barely involved in kindred politics. He puts in token showings at important city events, but for the most part seems disinterested in the social dealings of his fellow kindred. He handles the day-to-day running and affairs of the chantry, a job that seems to consume most of his time. Not known well enough to speculate on for the most part, few have a strong opinions of him one way or the other.
Anthony Weber is a conservatively attired man in his 60's. He favors formal but outdated clothing similar in style to what was popular in the 1940's. Few people know much about Weber, as he considers socializing a waste of his time that could better be spent working.

David Ackerman - Abraham's second childe is considerably more social than his first. David is a student of theology, philosophy and more esoteric forms of mysticism. He make the occasional appearance at kindred events, even if he tends to talk over the heads of his less academic peers. While kept at an arms length on principle due to his clan, he at least puts in the effort of being approachable and polite, making him seem far more like his sire than his elder "sibling".
David is a somewhat doughy middle-aged man in his late 30's. His hair is brown, curly and short, and he has a short, neat beard with a few flecks of grey in it. David dresses like a professor, favoring brown slacks and tweed jackets over simple button-up shirts. David is dry but civil, and while hardly a social mover and shaker he is at least able to function at social events without a fuss. Speaking to him rarely interests anyone not involved in his areas of study however.

Julian Hawthorne - A recent immigrant to the city from Atlanta, Julian was quickly accepted and vouched for by his clanmates amongst the ventrue and has spent the last five years settling into Chicago and trying to work his way into politics and the local business scene. As he is apart from the prince's brood, he has found little progress so far, but seems to be patient. Currently he is often seen at kindred gatherings networking and making contacts.
Julian still looks the part of the slick up-and-coming yuppie buisinessman he was back in the 1980's. Well-dressed and groomed, he clearly puts great effort into looking his best. Open and talkative, Julian comes off as quite eager to make friends and trade favors, earning him amused looks from the already entrenched kindred of the city.

Nicholas Avragado - Don Avragado, or "Fat Nick" as he is sometimes called behind his back, is one of the oldest kindred in the city. The corpulent ventrue has been in Chicago for as long as the Prince and his primogen have, but has never been in a position of power beyond simply the respect he is due as an elder. Nicholas and Donovan are rumored to be rivals and on very poor terms, but if the former Mafia don is plotting to replace the prince it has been a plot that has taken a long, long while to come to fruition. Don Avragado has extensive underworld connections amongst blue and white collar crime, and reputedly has his fingers deep in the vice trade, making him rich off of drugs and prostitution.
Obese even as a kindred, the Don is a balding, jowly man dressed in a fine Italian suit. Nicholas hides a vicious temper beneath his civil demeanor and his bouts of rage are legendary. Easily riled by insults and disrespect, Avragado is rumored to have made more than one kindred who crossed him disappear... along with countless mortals. The Don often smokes fine cigars, and when deprived tends to be fidgety and more ill tempered than usual.

Phew.... only one more cast page to go. Next up, the "Anarchs" and the sires of Finny and Amp. (Alex, your sire is either Abraham or one of his childer. Your choice.)
Last edited by LordofDorkness on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bearonthecouch on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:51 pm

Jesus, there is indeed a crapload of characters in Vampire games! I'm impressed already, Chris, that is a LOT of words!

bearonthecouch
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:52 pm

Last one, I swear...

Ophelia - Oldest of the city's few Malkavians, Ophelia is only loosely tied to kindred politics. She makes appearances at many important political events, but rarely seems to involve herself in them. Ophelia holds domain over a tiny portion of the city, nestled directly in one of it's poorest and most crime-riddled neighborhoods. Supposedly she was granted the area as a thinly veiled insult due to her persistent request for a domain for her clanmates. While taciturn and irritable at the city's elders, she is far more open and friendly with younger kindred... though association with her is risky for those who wish to avoid offending the elders.
Ophelia is an assertive and passionate woman appearing to be in her late 30's. She has dirty blonde hair kept in a ponytail of dreadlocks, often with a do-rag thrown over it as well, and she wears simple, functional clothing... favoring tank tops and jeans with a simple denim jacket thrown over the lot. Though she is easily riled as pertains to the elders and their "mistreatment" of herself and her clan, she is polite and even helpful to younger kindred. She can come off as a cool big sister to some... or merely an irritated member of the "has-nots" to others.

Edward O'Donnell - One of the last "free" Brujah in the city, Edward survived the anarch purge due to his tenuous connections with the system and his non-violent past. While many of his clan were militant thugs and revolutionaries, Edward has always been more an upper-class activist and protestor. While it may have saved his life during the purge, his talk of social reform and have not endeared him to the elders and association with him is a good way to lose status fast. He is regularly harassed by the scourge, who seem eager to find an excuse to get rid of him.
Edward doesn't look the part of a Brujah. He has short, neat blonde hair, wears dress shirts and slacks, and narrow-framed glasses. Barely 30 at best, he looks more like a young republican than a rebel. It is only when speaking to him that one would realize how passionate he is about the oppression of not only his clan, but the younger kindred in general. Regularly dismissed or mocked by the powers that be, his vocal protests have made many think the man is too tactless to live.

Kim - There are Malkavians, and then there are MALKAVIANS. Kim is the later. A chaotic bundle of whimsy and chaos who often seems to have very little handle on the world around her and the results of her actions. She flits from place to place, sometimes disappearing or leaving the city for months at a time before showing up again out of the blue. If she has any goals beyond living moment to moment, she's never stated them, and her arrivals at kindred social events are infrequent but often unforgettable. Kim just sort of... does things. She has yet to be accused of anything beyond being strange by the powers that be, but her presence is almost always seems to bring out chaos and inflame delicate situations.
Kim is a tiny woman of at least partially asian decent, standing under 5' tall and thin as a rail. Her lack of "endowment" and small stature make her seem younger than she probably is, and her attitude is nearly always upbeat and impish. While very few kindred in the city seem to like her, she doesn't appear to bear a grudge against anyone or any thing, flitting from place to place and doing whatever strikes her whim at the moment.

Jermaine - To Jermaine, the Black Panthers never died out. She roots around the rack and the territories of the few kindred who will tolerate her, often with a flock of mortals that buy into her rage at society and the devils that run it. Like her clanmate Edward (Whom she sometimes associates with), Jermaine is all bark. The scourge keeps a close eye on her, and while she is clearly outraged by the elder-sponsored purge of the anarchs she dares not attempt to rally anyone against the elders. Many suspect she won't last much longer before Donovan's scourge finds an excuse to get rid of her.
A sleek, toned woman in her late 20's, Jermaine is tall and trim with short-cut hair. She has a strong fervor to her and is very passionate about nearly everything she says... even to the point of getting herself in trouble. Jermaine dresses very practically, in clothes that are simple and easy to move in, like stretchy pants and tight athletic shirts.

And thank freakin' god, that concludes all the characters that you guys would KNOW about via casual contact with kindred society. I'll have the game proper going soon, and I'm sorry this took so long. I haven't run setup for a vampire game in forever, and forum games go so slowly.

Oh, if you hadn't guessed already... Karen, your sire is Edward the tweed-jacketed liberal, and Steph you were sired by the erratic Kim... but the bulk of your tutelage on how the city works likely came from Ophelia. I'll have more information for you both in a bit.

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordofDorkness on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:08 pm

The game, she BEGINS!

A tale of Sins and Sinners: Part one. It Begins. Ambiance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSqVbywt9kw

April 3rd, 2010

Rain poured down onto the pavement in droves, soaking the trash and bundles of old newspapers that littered the sides of the street along Main street. The few poor souls unlucky enough to be out in the downpour clutched umbrellas and pulled their coats tightly around themselves to fight off the chilly wind swept in by the evening's storm. A young couple raced together through the storm, hurriedly headed home. Not far from that, a homeless man curled up as best he could in his makeshift, sodden shelter bundled in an old, ratty coat. Further down the road an older gentleman stood on his apartment's stoop, smoking and watching the storm from the shelter of his building. Thousands of mortal lives were all around, if one cared to look. All spent worrying about their own problems... their own goals and fears and dreams. There was a time when you were one of those souls out in the darkness and oblivious to the things around you that dwelt in the shadows of your ignorance. That time is over now, and you have seen what preys on people in the night, and it is you.

Tonight you have been plucked from your unlives by the prince's order, having received word that a gathering is being held at Elysium, and that it is of pressing importance. Steadily throughout the night, shadowed figures have made their way through the storm to the Uptown Theater on Broadway, where the prince holds his gatherings. When word is spread that a meeting is important, it would take a truly bold or foolhardy kindred to ignore it. Standing under an overhang just outside the doors is a tall, slim man in a fitted grey suit, the vest and jacket left open and the tie undone. His face is gaunt, visible for only a moment under the flickering fire of his lighter before the tip of his cigarette catches like an ember in the night. The Sheriff scarcely seems to be paying the evening's attendants much mind as she slip in out of the downpour.

Inside a blank-faced ghoul by the name of Pierce is waiting to take the coats, hats and umbrellas of those arriving while looking the new arrivals over for weapons. Even here, status is already hammered home. Those in power or high regard are given a civil greeting and sent on their way, with known troublemakers and those on the outs of society all-but pat down to ensure they are not armed. Few would be fool enough to defile Elysium with weapons and violence, but safety may not be the true reason for the searches. Once past the hall, guests would take to the theater itself, walking down row after row of cushioned seats and lush carpet, all painstakingly restored to it's former glory during the theater's heyday. Despite this, the place feels empty. Once built to seat hundreds... it now houses less than thirty.

Already in attendance are many of the city's more important kindred. Wedged uncomfortably into a seat up front sits Don Avragado in all his girth and grandeur, looking impatient and annoyed that his evening's activities have been interrupted. Slightly farther back, Primogen Owen, his childe Camille and her clique of well-dressed hangers-on sit together, musing about the reason for the meeting. Her childe seems just as lost amongst their conversation as he looked the day of his introduction to the city... the downside of embrace for attraction over intelligence. Leaning on the stage itself lurk the thuggish figures of Vincent and Larson, the prince's scourge and a common sight for those unfortunate enough to be forced to feed at the city's rack. The two survey the assembled crowd with cold mirth, with all the bravado that comes of their position as the prince's muscle. All across the theater, kindred wait in groups or alone for the prince's arrival and the news that's brought them here tonight.

--------------------------------

It takes very little time for Prince Donovan to make his entrance from the side of the stage, accompanied by a small entourage of his kindred. A broad, powerfully built man in a antiqued suit, Donovan looks over the assembled kindred with a stern scowl of disapproval. At his side stand his childer, the distinguished Micheal Dawson and the somewhat mousy Benjamin Reed, as well as Micheal's childe Cynthia who carries herself with the air of someone trying far too hard to look important and professional. Also amongst the prince's entourage are two of the city's Primogen. Erica, the nominal "head" of the Brujah clan, underdressed in a pair of worn jeans and a university hoodie keeps close to Donovan, her hands folded in her pockets. Tagging slightly farther behind is the oddly kindly face of the Tremere's chanty leader Abraham, clad in a dress shirt and pants with a slate grey waistcoat and matching tie. Shortly after arriving, the Prince will speak in hushed tones to his companions while several kindred look on expectantly, awaiting his words. Whatever the topic of their discussion, the prince will seem irritated by the reply.

OOC: I'll pause here for you all to post and tell me what you're up to if you like, as well as decide why you came to Elysium tonight and with who, if anyone. Pretty much everyone on the cast-list is in attendance save a few. Steph's sire Kim is not in attendance, although that is hardly unusual. Finny hasn't seen her in weeks. Your surrogate sire Ophelia is however, sitting alone. (Unless Finny came with her, in which case, she's with Finny) The setite Anna isn't here, and is in fact never invited to Elyisum meetings due to her "barely tolerated" presence in the city. Primogen Nathan and his eerie mute lapdog/childer are also missing.

Alex, Adrian is likely here with his clan, as attendance was mandatory for you all. Amp is either here with her sire or off solo as Karen wants. If she is here with Edward, she's also got Jermaine keeping her company. The two of them are loitering off to the side almost out of sight. They know they're not popular here. The bulk of the rest of the attendees are involved in empty pleasantries and gossip, with newcomer Julian rather energetically chatting up nearly anyone who will speak to him and Camille's little clique hanging out as they often do.

LordofDorkness
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bearonthecouch on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Amp is loitering with Edward and Jermaine. She has difficulty sitting still, but she's smart enough not to visibly fiddle with the phone she's got in the pocket of her cargo pants. It's set on silent. She always has it on her, though. She's wearing a black t-shirt and a computer chip strung on a thin chain as a necklace. She's also completely soaked, on account of not bothering at all to avoid the rain. Her strawberry blonde hair barely reaches her chin.

She's mostly keeping an eye on Edward (and Jermaine, but less so), trying to read his mood to try to get an idea of what they're doing here. She's still been paying more attention to human politics than vampire politics. Whatever is going on right now, she doesn't know about it, and that's a problem for her. She doesn't like being out of the loop. It especially makes her nervous that the information she's missing isn't the kind you can find with a google search. She has to rely on other people to tell her what's going on, and she knows that they probably won't. It makes her irritable and tense.

bearonthecouch
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!