Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Tales of Symphonia: After the Fact

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Tales of Symphonia: After the Fact

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Halfanelf on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:49 am

Alright. I did this once, but then I let it die. Therefore, I'm going to try this again, with a couple of alterations...

I'm poking my head in, here, and wondering... Is anyone willing to role play Tales of Symphonia in a post-game setting with me? It's one of my favorite role plays, and I thought I'd see if there's anyone else out there of a like mind. It'd be awesome if we could get something going.

I'd like to set it one or two years after the end of the game. That means Lloyd and Colette have been out together collecting Exspheres, Genis and Raine have been traveling to ease half-elf discrimination, Regal has removed his shackles, Sheena is the new chief of Mizuho, etc. Perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to start off with a reunion in, say, Altamira, and see where things go from there?

Anyway. I'd like your input, too. Oh, and, this is not in any way going to be "mature", graphic, or sexual. Romance is fine. I like couple-cuteness. But go too far, and I'll dump cold water on you. Also, before anyone joins, I do ask for a sample of your writing. I'm a little picky sometimes - I try not to be rude, of course, but I want a very well-put-together, "literate" role play. And now that I've scared you off...

I'd like to play Raine, and I don't want any made-up characters. At least, not right now. So here are the basic available characters:

Genis Sage
Presea Combatir
Regal Bryant
Lloyd Irving
Colette Brunel
Sheena Fujibayashi
Zelos Wilder
Kratos Aurion, if you want to come up with some reason as to why he's back
Yuan Ka-Fei

As you may have noticed, I did not include characters from Knight of Ratatosk. That is because, while it was a decent game, it does not even compare to the original, and I would prefer not to bring it into this RP. Sorry. ^^

Alright. Well. If you're interested, post 'ere? Thanks!

~Ren

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Halfanelf
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Tales of Symphonia: After the Fact

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EternalSonata on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:51 pm

YES. HOLY SHET. YES. O _ O

I've been waiting for an RP like this to happen! Dx I was thinking about starting my own.. although I wasn't sure if many people would even know what Tales of Symphonia is. ^ ^;; : ) I'll be happy to play either Sheena or Colette.

"My coldness upsets many, but it is my only security." ~Rei Ayanami

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EternalSonata
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Halfanelf on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:49 am

^-^ Awesome! I'm glad I'm not all alone. Let's hope we can get a couple more, and then get something rolling, yes? -gives cookie-

Halfanelf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EternalSonata on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:39 pm

Yes! :D *Happily accepts cookie*

EternalSonata
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Halfanelf on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:46 pm

This is one reason I prefer one-on-one roleplays, but eh.

Eternal Sonata was a great game, by the way. Until the very end. Then it sucked. >.>

Halfanelf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EternalSonata on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:37 pm

It's probably just because nobody knows what ToS is. xD It's not exactly the most popular game ever. : )

And I agree with you with you on the last bit. xD

EternalSonata
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Halfanelf on Thu May 06, 2010 9:17 pm

They, like, forgot to actually tell us what the plot was. It's like they compleely left out a few hours of gameplay. All at once, Polka jumps off the cliff to save everyone? Wha? o.O Oi.

Halfanelf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeviousBookworm on Fri May 07, 2010 9:12 pm

.....WHERE HAVE I BEEN!?!? Tales of Symphonia + Roleplay = one ecstatic roleplayer~

Hyuuu~ I just have one question... How does Kratos fit into all of this, since... well... he abandoned me Lloyd and company for Dherris-Kharlan? My inner fangirl just had to ask... X3 If I played a character, it would probably be Yuan... or Kratos~ ^.^

DeviousBookworm
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Fri May 07, 2010 9:46 pm

I call Regal cause you just have to love how he is always somehow put in jail, plus his kicking is cool.
What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
He who laughs last thinks slowest!
[b]NEW RP BY ME!! JOIN b]
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/of-gods-and-men/l

chris45
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Halfanelf on Fri May 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Haha, awesome. Thanks, y'all. I'll try and get an IC thread up at some point.

Halfanelf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Halfanelf on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Alright, here's the deal, mes amis. Assuming you read the introduction up there, you will recall that I requested a sample of each person's writing. That request still stands. Anyone who is *seriously* interested in joining this role play, please send me a PM with an example of an average post. It can be for any genre, any character, whatever. Just make it a good representative of your normal output. I'm going to get the IC up soon, and I need to get these little details hammered out.

Thank you in advance.

Halfanelf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:59 pm

I'm definitely in. I'd like to play either Presea or Colette.
I will also send you my sample post in a little while.
I claim you as my lifemate.
I belong to you.
I offer my life for you.
I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body.
I take into my keeping the same that is yours.
Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time.
You are my lifemate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care.
~Carpathian Binding Ritual

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Halfanelf on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:49 am

The IC board is up, my dears, and I have sent all who gave me a writing sample a link to it. Please get to posting so we can get this underway and know which characters we have/need!

Halfanelf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NerdyKidNickerson on Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:31 am

Hello, I'll play any of the 3 girls! :D

NerdyKidNickerson
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Halfanelf on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:44 pm

So far, we've got Raine, Zelos, and Sheena. C'mon, y'all!

Halfanelf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NerdyKidNickerson on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Yeah, no one want's it to fail because people wont join! D;<

NerdyKidNickerson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Halfanelf on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Le pokepoke.

Halfanelf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NerdyKidNickerson on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:54 pm

You should post another add for this.

NerdyKidNickerson
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!