Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Taming The Light

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Taming The Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:33 pm

R jumped from the fire escape, landing easily on his feet. Making his way up to Sophie and Anna quickly, he had heard Anna's last gasp of words.

"Jerk aimed too high."

As he ran up to them, he slid down, kneeling next to Anna. He was assesing the situation. He closed his eyes and cursed himself for allowing something like this to happen. He took a deep breath. "Sophia, get back to the apartment, and get a bed set up for Anna, and when I say bed, I mean, bed." He said. "I'll be there with her shortly."

As he watched Sophie frantically scurry back home, R had to quickly act. Her body would need blood, a lot of it. And quick. He looked around, hoping to see someone go by, but in the neighborhood they were in, most people were inside, asleep. It wouldhave been to much of a ruckus had he broke in to someone's home and took them, just for blood.

He knew what he had to do, what must be done now. He stood up, and walked over to the nearby dumpster in the alleyway they were in. He looked around it quickly, and emerged with what he was looking for, a glass bottle.

He knelt down beside her again, taking his coat off, and rolled his sleeves up. R placed a hand on her shoulder, and made sure she was on her back. Taking her chin, he also made sure her mouth was open too. He broke the glass on the ground. "My blood, is richer than humans blood...hopefully it will work fast enough." He thought to himself. He inhaled deeply a few times as he held the broken bottle in his hand. In one quick swipe, R plunged the glass into his wrist, stabbing into his skin, drawing blood. He placed his wrist just abover her lips, letting his blood flow freely into her mouth. Taking the bottle, he put the tip into his mouth. He closed his eyes, and inhaled again. With a grunt, he shoved his other wrist into the already bloodied glass, drawing more blood from himself. He placed the other wrist, directly over her wound, giving it straight bloodflow. He spit the bottle out, and kept his arms over her. He was losing quite a bit of blood, but he was strong for now. But eventually, he would weaken...
Theme of my life: Can't Tell Me Nothing
VMy Love made me thisV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Devious
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:43 pm

Anna slipped for a few minutes in and out of some uncomfortable unconscious limbo, sometimes seeing dim shadows for only a moment before everything went black. Numbly, however, she could still feel. Damien's stake, although well-meant, had gone too high and scraped a superficial, but unfortunate, wound on the wall of her heart. A vampire begins healing almost instantly, but the heart is the one organ that is difficult to heal. It's so dense and vital that almost any wound that would kill a mortal would kill a vampire. Anna's wound was much more shallow, but she hadn't fed in so long - her undead body was unwilling to heal as it normally might.

Suddenly, the pain started to numb and the familiar pins-and-needles feeling of healing spread across her torso. She felt a slow, warm trickle of blood, the sweetest, richest blood she'd ever tasted, drip past her parted lips. It took every ounce of strength her subconscious had just to swallow. She felt another trickle of rich, moist warmth course through her chest, surrounding her still, undead heart and making the pins-and-needles sensation stronger. She didn't know where it was coming from, the blood, but she didn't care just then. all she knew was that she could feel herself slowly coming back. The midnight street was beginning to come back into focus, whoever it was she was then indebted to sillhouetted against the streetlight overhead.

The pins-and-needles stopped and her death-stiffened nerves settled, but wit such an arduous healing came a sudden wave of nausea. She knew what was going to happen a moment before it did and thought wildly, Crap, why'd I eat that poppy-seed bagel before coming? She bolted upward so fast her spine cracked as it stretched and vomited violentl over the side of the curb. The nausea subsided then and she coughed, tasting an unpleasant mixture of bile and blood in her mouth. When she looked over at the man who'd saved her, she was surprised to see it was...

"Uh-R?" she sputtered. He looked paler than normal and there was a smashed bottle, the jagged shards shining dully in the light, on the cement beside him. "Oh, Christ, R, what did you do?"

She sat up, pulling herself shakily to her knees, and knelt beside him. "Are you all right? Come on, if you're not, I'm gonna feel really guilty, so say yes,okay? Are you all right?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lynx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:37 am

R stumbled for a moment as she came back to life. "I-I'm fine." He said. "J-just cold, so very...c-cold." He said standing up. He lifted his hands to look at the wounds. He stumbled and caught himself. "Rest...right now, we both need it." He said to Anna. "You okay though, gave me quite a fright."

Mr. Devious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:54 pm

"J-just cold, so very...c-cold."

"Ugh, I hate that," Anna said sympathetically. She pulled off her sweatshirt - her super-huge one, she had known she'd lose a lot of blood and didn't want any trace left on the sidewalk - and gave it to R. She figured it might just fit him.

She took his arm shakily, trying to prop the weakened man up with her soldier. It was hard; he was bigger than her and she wasn't feeling especially strong herself. Her breathing grew heavy and labored as she tried to help R along, but she collapsed to her knees before going 4 feet.

"Jesus," she grumbled. "Look, I can't make the walk to Sophie's - this wasn't supposed to happen. I don't think you can either. C'mon, we'll just go upstairs - we have enough in us to get to my apartment at least."

She led him up the steps to her small, two-room apartment and laid R on her bed. The moment he was off her shoulder, she felt light-headed again. Besides helping him, she had been relying on his weight to steady her. She clutched her chest, now marred by a spidery scar just below her breastbone, and staggered through her narrow bedroom doorway. As she laid down on the loveseat in the living room half of the main room, she thought of Sophie waiting for her and R, not knowing they wouldn't come. And she thought of Damien.

Bastard, she thought peevishly, drawing a blanket over her pale, exhausted body. I'm gonna kill him.

Lynx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:52 pm

After realizing that Anna had said they were't going to make it to Sophies, he began to slip in and out of consciousness. When he was awake, he tried to carry himself, and thought he was doing a good job, until he realized again, it was Anna carrying him.

He had blacked out long before they had arrived to Anna'a place. R would wake up now and then, wondering where he was, because no one was around, but figured he was in a comfy bed, so he'd make good use of it. As he rested and slept the night away, you could tell that he was plagued by his failures again. His body, in a cold sweat, he was almost restless.

As he woke up, he looked toward the window of the room. "Still dark?...It couldn't be." He thought. He wasn't in full condition, but he was already healed enough to move around. Throwing his legs over the bed, he walked to the window, and slightly peaked through the blackout curtains that Anna had. It was around mid-day. An original, such as he, wasn't cursed by the light, and could walk amongst the day. He thought about that for a moment. His head jerked up, and looked toward the door, where Anna must've been in the other room room.

Quickly he rushed out of the bedroom. Stumbling through her house, he shouted "Anna!...Anna...wake up, now!" He went into the other room, and found her lying down. Making his way up to her, he put a hand on her shoulder, and shook her slightly. In a loud whisper he spoke, "Anna, please, get up! There's something I want you to see."

Mr. Devious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:01 pm

Anna rolled over and moaned. "Hmm?" she slurred. "Oh...huh. Evening, R."

Suddenly she bolted upright, just remembering what had happened the night before. She clapped her hands to her chest, just below the ribs. She pulled her shirt up past her midriff, only to find she'd been completely healed while she was asleep, leaving only a small scar. She chuckled. "Ah, the perks of the undead, huh?"

She looked over at the clock on the wall. It wasn't evening - it was just past noon. She stared at R as though he were insane. (She wasn't quite ready to drop the thought, in fact.)

"R, it's afternoon. Afternoon, with lots of sun, which, in case you forgot, could kill me. Why'd you wake me up so early? What do you need to show me? You are all right, aren't you, from last night?"

Lynx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:00 pm

"After last night Anna...my blood flows through you now. My strengths flow through you as well." He said. "Anna, watch this." He said walking over to her window. Placing his hands on the blackout curtains she owned, he pulled them back completely. He still covered the window with the majority of his body. "Anna...say hello to the sun again." He said stepping out of the way. The light shone on her pale skin. Nothing, what so ever, happened to her. He looked out the window, and then back at her. "See, no burn young one. You are as I am now."

Mr. Devious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:13 pm

Anna flinched reflexively as R stepped away from the window, letting the sunlight shine through the window and cover her body. She had to shield her green eyes, pale from 116 years of darkness, for a moment. The light was such that she felt almost sunblind. She rose her hands to the light, turning them this way and that, reveling in the image of her own pale, sun-starved skin remaining there, whole and unblistered. The warmth spread over her bare arms and her face, illuminating her like a skinny, fanged firefly. It shone off of her straight black hair, giving it a luster it hadn't had in years.

A smile spread across her face, a real, pure, un-Anna-like smile. It was a smile she hadn't worn since before her death - it had faded with her last sunset. It illuminated her face with the sun and for a moment, pale, wane, emerald-eyed Anna felt alive again. She laughed a girlish, ringing laugh and turned to R. She forgot herself for a moment and threw her arms around her neck like she had her father when she was young.

"Thank you," she whispered, almost at loss for words. "You saved my life...and you saved my sun."

Lynx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:27 pm

R was taken back by the girlish behavior of Anna. In the short time he knew her, he didn't take her for the hugging type. But perhaps, he figured, she was like this once before her blood was cursed.

He only half returned the hug, because he was slightly embarrassed by it. "No need to thank me, young one." He said to her in his deep tone of voice. He looked outside again. "Perhaps you would like to see the actual outside. We can take a walk, and discuss the plan for tonight...the NYVAS." He said to her. "I know you must want to feel the warmth of the sun again, so let us go."

Mr. Devious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:56 pm

Anna blushed. "I'm sorry. I just...I was happy. Really, properly happy, not just content or pleased. I mean, I am pleased, but...I don't know. Just forget it happened. I'm not usually so, well, girly."

She went back into the living room and grabbed her red sweater off of its usual untidy spot on kitchen chair - R still had her sweatshirt, and it was all bloody anyway. She pulled it on over her t-shirt and tied the belt closed. Instinctively she went for her boots, usually left by the door, but remembered she had fallen asleep with them on.

"C'mon," she called to R. "I can show you where the NYVAS headquarters are if you want - it's in a warehouse not far from here. My friend Dove had taken me once. She's sort of a hippie, very into anarchy, but she couldn't stomach it. Couple blocks away. Not far enough if you ask me. First of every month, I can't stand all the yowling. It sounds like a warehouse full of cats and rocking chairs. Well, you'll see tonight, I guess."

She opened the door, bracing herself against the icy air in the unheated hallway. "Wait!" she said suddenly. "You go, I'll be down in a sec."

She ran to the end of the living room facing the street and drew back the blackout curtains Sophie had made her several years before. They were dusty - she always forgot to wash them. The sunlight was at just the right angle; it completely flooded the main room. She looked at the room for a moment with a sort of half-smile on her face, shook it off, and ran back out into th hall to meet R, slamming the door behind her.

Lynx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:01 pm

"Yea we'll see tonight." He said as they were going to go out.

"Wait!" she said suddenly. "You go, I'll be down in a sec."

"Ok, I'll see you downstairs." He said to her. "She seems re-energized, and actually happy. Hah..." He thought to himself as he walked down the stairs of the apartment building. Looking at all of the people in the sunlight, things he was so used to. He hoped Anna would enjoy her life in the sun again.

He had earned a few stares from people, in which he smiled at them, and waved it off. He then realized why they were staring. He still had the bloodied sweater of Anna's wrapped around him. He quickly took it off, and slung it over his back, exposing his bloodied shirt. "I need some new clothes...." He said to himself. He just unbuttoned his shirt. He still had a tank top under it, so it was okay.

As he waited for Anna to return, he watched the sky. Enormous white clouds gently making their way through the wide blue yonder. He had heard the door slam, and his head turned toward the direction of the stairs. He looked up in time to see her coming down right after himself. He could tell that she was happy, and that made him feel good as well.

"How strange fate is..." He thought as he gentlemanly offered her an arm to walk on, but he figured she wouldn't take it.

Mr. Devious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:04 pm

Anna glanced down at R's extended arm. She smirked up at him in a friendly way (for her). "That's okay - I got ahold of myself. It was just one hug, man. Thanks, though," she added as an afterthought.

Remembering she was supposed to be dead, she stuffed her long hair into the back of her sweater and pulled the fuzzy red hood over her head. Hopefully, on the off-chance someone who either knew her or worked for Patrick saw her, she wouldn't be recognized without her trademark pitch black hair in sight. She shoved her hands into the sweater's pockets; they were already freezing. She looked sideways, careful to keep her head down, at R, wearing only a tank top in the bright, chilly November weather. "Aren't you cold?" she asked. "I'm always freezing with a blood flow to keep me warm; how do you do it?"

Without waiting for an answer, she went on. "All right, well you wanted to talk about tonight. By then, Patrick will know about my 'death'. Sophie will tell Fen, my creator and Patrick's associate, and Fen tells Patrick everything. I won't have to worry about him and he'll stop looking for me. That'll keep his guard down; there aren't any other vampires that I know of who he's looking for. He'll relax a bit, or at least as much as he can. We should get to the warehouse later tonight. Like I said, it's just around the block over...yup. Here it is."

She stopped abruptly in front of a dirty, steel-grey warehouse. There were chains thrown over the doors, the hinges of which were bright with rust. The roof was simple aluminum plating that had begun to wear on the edges. In all, it was totally nondescript, squat, rectangular building that could have been mistaken for any other cheaply-built factory or warehouse in the country. The only difference was the huge splashes of red paint thrown onto the front walls and the red painted drips lining the very top.

Anna snickered. "Subtle, aren't they? It's unlocked at 11:00 at night. It stays open for only a couple horus usually, then it's locked up again, but on Coronation Nights like tonight, it stays open for as long as necessary - until they get a new leader. Are you still up for it? You were pretty weakened last night."

Lynx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:58 pm

He snickered. "Do not underestimate me young Anna....I was weakened because I manipulated more of my bloodflow into you." He said. He pondered for a moment. "You know, now that an originals blood is in you, you may do that as well. But that is something I can not teach you." He said staring down this building.

He was trained upon tonight. Tonight, the plan would be set in motion. He then looked at Anna. "Anna...you realize, you could back out right now? If you wish, you could lead as normal a life as you wished, now that you are a day walker." He turned his head towards her. "If you wish, freedom awaits you." He said. He turned back to the building.

"The funny thing is, now we are blood bonded." He laughed at that. "We're like family, you and I." He spoke. "The tasks ahead will be dangerous, and like any respectable original...I wish not for family to be put in harms way, unless it is your wish." He put a fatherly hand on her shoulder, and smiled. "Either way, you will not be harmed by Patrick ever again, I will make sure of that." He said with a reassuring squeeze, and then, he let go.

Mr. Devious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:25 pm

A small, sad smile peeked in on Anna's face at R's words. She didn't say anything, but she apprciated what he'd said. She hoped he knew that. She hoped he knew he wasn't like everyone else.

She looked up at him. "I'm not going to back out, R," she said seriously. "Especially now that I owe you my life. I'll go with you tonight, and I'll be fine, and so will you. You're strong enough to beat that NYVAS woman and I want to see you do it. I can circulate, find out from the other members which are high-ranking and which ones could be dangerous to you, or us. I owe you everything because of last night. I can't not help you now. I have to try, at least."

Anna tilted her head back to look at the sky. For a moment her hood slipped, but she pulled it back up again. She laughed lightly.

"A normal life, R? Have you forgotten? We, sir, are vampires."

Lynx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:37 pm

R was truly at a loss for words. Today's vampires...unknowing. "Anna...you'll come to feel that...while you will still be ageless...you're no longer cursed. You are alive now. The warmth should return to you soon enough." He spoke to her. "I know you will still have the hunger...but it can no longer control you." He said looking down. "Look at me...it's been about three days, correct? Have I fed once?" He spoke, answering his own question. "No. It's because yes, with the blood that flows through us, you now as well, the hunger loses it's hold."

"Do not percieve what I am telling you the wrong way, though." He smiled at her. "I am glad that you chose to stay on board for this. I don't think even I, could have done anything without the help of a cunning young one such as yourself." He said with a smile. "Say, what do you say, to pass the time, we go check on Sophie?"

Mr. Devious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:47 pm

Anna did her best to ignore all R had told her about herself. It wasn't that it had upset her - she didn't know how she felt. She rarely did. She just couldn't deal with it at that moment and she didn't want to try. It was just too much. She had done just the same thing to Fen when he had Changed her, ignoring the new changes despite his frantic insistance until the time came for her to face it. She'd gotten very good since then at living in the moment and pushing away anything or anyone that disrupted her own, personal flow of being. She liked straight lines and lived her life as such, one obstacle at a time. For the moment, that obstacle was R's impending rise to power. She'd deal with being alive some other time.

"Say, what do you say, to pass the time, we go check on Sophie?"

The mention on Sophie jolted Anna back to reality. "Oh, shoot!" she cried, smacking herself hard on the forehead. "Ouch. I never told Sophie we went to my apartment instead, I never told her we couldn't make it. She's going to kill me. She overeacts, it's a nightmare, you have no idea. I meant to call her this morning, but...whatever. We can just go now."

It took about 45 minutes to get from the NYVAS headquarters to Sophie's building. Anna logged that away for future reference, so they'd know about when to leave later on. She practically broke the door down banging on it, trying to wake Sophie up. She'd forgotten Sophie would still need to sleep during the day; it would make a good point to rub her nose in someday later when they were arguing. Finally Sophie answered the door, her groggy, irritated expression covered by shock the moment she opened it. Anna barely had time to get a single word out before Sophie's fist shot out and landed squarely in Anna's face.

"Ow!" Anna was knocked nearly backward. She heard a soft crisping noise like the time she'd broken her hand. She clutched her nose. stemming the lazy dribble of blood with her hand. "You broke my nose!"

"I did not," Sophie said, scowling. "It's not broken now. Prove I broke it."

Indeed Anna's nose had healed itself very cleanly. There was no trace of the broken bone or blood. Sophie's scowl deepened. She stared hard at Anna and took a deep breath. Anna tensed, bracing herself - she'd seen Sophie explode too many times.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?!" she shrieked. "You could have been dead, and how would I have known? You stupid, selfish...you don't care what you do to me or how I feel about ANYTHING, do you?! You just figured it was OKAY to give me a complete heart attack, make me wonder if it was the right thing to do, leaving you with this guy I DON'T EVEN KNOW! You were dead, Anna - or you were dying. How am I supposed to deal with that? And now you're back and you want something from me again, I know it!" Sophie took another breath and sighed. More calmly, she said, "Well, are you coming in?"

Lynx
Member for 12 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!