Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Taming The Light

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Taming The Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:31 pm

Along the streets of New York City human reign the day time. Thinking they are superior to those that are beneath them and entitling themselves as the ultimate species. Their confidence is overwhelming and they have even learned how to fight off their night stalking counter parts, the vampires. To do this they have to be very skillful but they have still learned, especially with the vampires weakness being the sun. The humans feel that they are now the most powerful and nothing can stop them. Of course, not all humans feel this way but the majority chose to.

Amongst all of the gloating and self centered-ness of the humans, the vampires are also planning on taking back their unbeatable reputation. They are hungry and thirsting for their favorite crimson liquid, not to mention the humans have brought out a greater demon within them. They have been planning long and hard and due to a simple accident involving a vampire and the human he loved, they have come to a conclusion on how to be, once again, the greatest species of the world. In order to carry this plan out it took many many years, but now they are ready and set for their invasion. The vampires, with the help of the females of the human race, they have brought forward a greater species of vampire. Though, they can not call themselves high-brid they are still a very valuable source.

Half Vampire and half human, this species is not effected by sun light and they have the skill and the thirst of a vampire. This alone makes them a deadly unit in the vampires army. Using the dhampirs (half breeds), the vampires can once again claim their rightful thrown as the unbeatable kings and queens of the night. The half breeds are to invade the human world without anyone, but the vampires, knowing about it and when everyone seemed to be ready they can do whatever they would like.

There are just a couple of problems though. If the half breeds decide to believe they are being 'used' instead of being seen as equals, will they turn on the vampires? What will happen when the dhampir's come to terms with their minds and realize what is going on? Will they carry out the will of the vampires? Or will they decide a life of their own?

Fill out this character form:

Name:
Species: (Vampire, human, dhampir)
Weapon: (optional)
Appearance:
History: (Optional)

Here's mine:

Name: Jesta Levitica
Sex: Female
Species: Human
Weapon: Pocket knife
Appearance:
Jesta's clothing consists of a sleeveless black and purple top with ancient looking designs in the fabric. She is wearing a black mini skirt with a black bow around the waist and black boots that go all the way up to the bottom of her knees with buckles. Her hair is dark brown with choppy layers and her eyes are hazel green. Very attractive.

Rules:
Follow all CS Rules.
Natural vampire 'needs' can be met but nothing beyond that.
Have fun!

-------------------------------------------

The bell rang loudly, signalling that it was time for all of the students to go home. Unlike the rest of the seniors in her class, Jesta didn't have a vehicle to quickly get home in so everyday she walked through the park. She enjoyed getting the excersize and the scenery so it didn't mind her much. It gave her time to sort through any thoughts that might be on her mind. As she left the building her legs carried her quickly passed the groups that usually held up the hall ways and made her way down passed the main office. Just as she was passing the principal came out of the door and held out a hand to stop her. She did so with a puzzled look on her face when she looked at him. He looked somewhat disapointed, probably because of her clothes, but she didn't care. It was always a boring chat she had with the principal but she would wrather be on his good side.

Mr.Vimer looked at her with dissapointment but also as if he was worried. "Jesta, how are things at home? Would you like to set up an appointment with me or the counselor?" He asked in a hopeful voice.
Jesta held little emotion on her face at what he said but gave him a small kind smile. "No, that's ok. I don't really have anything to say." She said softly wanting to get this over with.
He only looked down at the floor then back up to her as if trying to figure out a way he could persuade her to get counseling. "Well, we just would like to know if everything is ok and what you plan on doing in the future." He said softly.
Jesta only shook her head still with the same soft smile. "I am fine. When I graduate I am going to be a song writer. I really gotta go, my foster mother is waiting on me." She said kindly but adding an anxious tone to her voice.
Mr.Vimer decided to give it up for the day and just nodded with a smile. "I am glad you have a plan. I will be seeing you another day, Jesta." With that she turned and left quickly out of the main doors.

Walking through the parking lot she turned onto the sidewalk and made her way to the park. It wasn't too far from the school and not too far from her home either so it wasn't that long of a walk. She was happy to have gotten away without having to talk to the principal but Jesta knew she wouldn't be so lucky all the time. He and the counselors have been hounding her about counseling but she always gives excuses every time she is confronted. Things at home were like everyone else's home, so she thought. Though she was adopted, her adoptive mother was nothing to brag about. She was out all night and hardly ever spent time with Jesta, not to mention she would stay out all night at clubs and other men's houses.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aelita
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Taming The Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:32 pm

*EDIT*
Name: Anna (has gone by multiple last names since her death - she no longer remembers the original one)
Sex: F
Species: Vampire
Weapon: Teeth
Appearance: Long, straight black hair; pale green eyes; very pale skin, pale as death (pun intended, hahahahaha); long-limbed and tall, about 5 foot 8 1/2 inches; often scowling, not for any particular reason though...she just doesn't smile; stronger than she looks; she wears a lot of red and black, again, not for any reason other than she likes it.
History: Anna was created by a vampire called Fenrir Harmond (a creation of notorious vampire Patrick - no last name necessary, if you say the name Patrick to a vampire, they know EXACTLY who you're talking about...) in 1888. She was, and is, completely anti-social and a borderline cynic with paranoid tendencies. Under it all, though, she just wants to spend eternity under the radar. She's created 4 vampires herself in the past 135 years, far more than is recommended for so young a vampire.
-------------------------------
Anna leaned moodily against the alley wall wondering vaguely why she was there. She hated Kay - why'd she agree to meet her? Whatever, it wouldn't last long. Kay wasn't smart enoguh to string four words together; there was no way she'd be able to keep up a conversation. Besides, any chance for Anna had to laugh at Kay's ridiculous new hair extensions was a good one.

"Anna?"

Anna jumped - the voice hadn't come from her left, from the sidewalk, but from the alley on her right. When she looked over it wasn't Kay but Kay's boyfriend, David. She didn't know Kay was still with him. Everytime Anna saw David she had to smile, just because of the trouble he'd gotten his girlfriend in when she changed him too so they could 'be together forever'. Stupid romantic bull. Anna didn't buy any of it. Kay had wanted power, like her creator, Patrick. Ah, Patrick...THAT was power. HE was power. He was the only person, mortal or vampire, unflappable Anna was afraid of.

"What are you doing here, David?" she asked. "Where's Kay? She told me to meet her. A message from Patrick, thoguh I don't know why he can't give it to me himself..."

"He's very busy," David said in that deep, growling voice of his. God, he was tall. Anna hadn't seen him in ages, she'd forgotten how insanely tall he was. Taller than Fen, and Fen was TALL. "Too busy to bother with the likes of lowly little you, Anna."

Anna snorted. "Busy? With what? Needlework? He's bothered with me before, why not..."

"No," David interrupted. "He's busy. Very busy. And Kay's, well...she's indisposed."

"Hungover, you mean," Anna said. Vampires have no tolerance for alcohol, yet there were those who insisted on drinking. She'd never figure out why.

"Indisposed," David repeated, turning red. "So Patrick sent me. So shut up so I can tell you what I have to and I can leave. Your voice is giving me a migraine."

"We can't have migraines," Anna said mildly. She smiled as David's face flushed even more.

"Patrick says he knows about Damien," David said viciously. "He knows and he's not pleased, Anna. So you'd better watch your step, or you'll find yourself at his feet, begging him to lop off your head and get it over with. You've been punished by him before, I know. But he's really angry this time, Anna, and I promise he won't let you off with a broken hand or a bloodied lip this time. In fact," he added, curling his lip, "I look forward to it."

He turned and walked down the alley, and alley Anna had assumed was a dead end. Apparently not. It just kept going, all the way to the next street. Anna didn't say a word after him as he left, didn't bother trying to get the last word. She slid down the rough brick wall and just sat in the scum on the alley ground. She nibbled lightly on her hand, just between the thumb and forefinger, until she drew blood. The cut healed almost instantly and she did it again. Her friend Mercy thought it was gross and sinful, but it was good stress relief when she didn't have anything to throw, or anyone to throw it at. Dammit, she thought, I should have known Patrick would find out. My one moment of weakness - well, recently - and he just HAD to find out. And I can't even leave town, she recalled miserably. Stupid vampires, tethered to native soil and whatever...Christ, why couldn't I just die like a normal person?

Last edited by Lynx on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lynx
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirge on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:42 pm

Name: Armon Kaiser
Sex: Male
Species: Dhampir
Weapon: currently a Glock 20
Appearance: He’s tall, strong and built as solid as a brick wall. His face has a slight elegance that’s tarnished by two scars that run from the corners of his eyes half way down his checks. His eyes are a yellowish blue masked by red tinted wire frame sunglasses and his hair a sandy blonde that’s kept short and almost always under a skullcap He wears a black suit, red dress shirt with the collar unbuttoned, a pair of leather dress shoes, and a thick chain necklace with a skull pendent. His face has a slight elegance that’s tarnished by two scars that run from the corners of each eye half way down his check. His eyes are a yellowish blue masked by red tinted wire frame sunglasses and his hair a sandy blonde that’s kept short and almost always under a skullcap.
History: keeps his past to himself (I’ll reveal it later in the rp.)

I’ll have an intro up as soon as possible.
Survival at all cost

Sirge
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:06 am

Thanks everyone. Hurry back. ^^

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:40 pm

Edited mine. :) 'Sa taad longsh, but not grossly.

Lynx
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:58 pm

Awesome, and thanks. ^^ Now I wish more people would join. I will have to think up of something to put later, not much time. ><

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:23 pm

Name: Rabia Colérica or or just "R"

Age: Appears to be about 20 years old. He is actually 1345. An original Vampire.

Species: Vampire

Weapon: Just a normal long sword. If he goes out, he carries it in a briefcase.

Appearance: He stands at 6 feet even. His hair runs down to his shoulders, brown, matching his eyes and goatee. When out and about, he usually adorns himself in a simple black suit, black dress pants, a black dress shirt, black dress shoes, and a black tie. Very nice looking.

History: Rabia has done, and seen it all. He was around when Vampires were considered monsters, seen the era where vampires were also considered gods. Seen their heritage go from something to myth, to almost nothing, to what it is now. Personally, he has always stayed out of the Vampire politics. Although, he likes to watch, and sometimes participate in eventful history of his race. Which is why he is in NYC. To observe, and perhaps take part in the "Take Back" of the humans world.

Stepping onto the contcrete jungle that is New York for the first time, Rabia smiled as the cool breeze of the night kissed his cheek. "The city is a good setting." He thought to himself. He could just feel the vibrant life here. Vampire and human alike. He really had no where to go, so he did what he always did, he wandered.

City block after block, R hadn't even covered half of the neighborhood he was in. He put a hand into his pocket, and began to fiddle with an old coin he usually held on to. The coin was as old as he himself. He took it out from time to time, when he hadn't anything to do. He would flip it sometimes when faced with a situation. But for now, he just examined it. The craftwork, you didn't see things such well made anymore. It made him long for the days past, when he and his race were feared among gods.

But he had to snap back into reality. He realized that vampires had fallen from grace. Flipping the coin, he caught it in the air and put it back into his pocket. He decided to walk on. He often found himself also scratching his tongue with a fang when he was bored. He could look left and right, vampires were everywhere. They were a dead give away. The majority were younglings. He scoffed. "To be brought into a life where all you know, is the underground, and not the heritage of your race. Looking into an alley, as a group took on one man, drinking from his now lifeless body. "They could have been kings..." He thought. He liked to compare vampires of today, to ones such as himself. Few were as old as him. Hell, few were originals as him. The pure blood line had all but vanished over the years.

Again, he shook his head of such thoughts. He continued to walk on. He turned down a certain alleyway. He recieved looks from humans, probably wishing to mug him. He was worried not, if they attacked, their would be nothing left of them when he was done. Almost to his difortune, they didn't make a move. As he continued to walk on, a man passed by him, he was a vampire. He seemed to be in a rush, so R just bowed, and moved out of his way. He looked as the man made his way to the street and dissappeared into the frenzy of the city. He looked at where he had walked from, and saw yet another Vampire. She seemed to be...nervous? He really couldn't tell. He decided to walk up, and introduce himself.

He walked up to her, and set his breifcase down, sitting on it. He extended his hand out to her, and spoke. "Whats on your mind child? No reason to chew on your own flesh, when there is plenty to go around." He said pointing to the other humans in the alley way. "Excuse my rudeness, my name is Rabia Colérica, but you may just call me R."
Theme of my life: Can't Tell Me Nothing
VMy Love made me thisV

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:19 pm

Anna looked up, faintly startled, at the man with the briefcase. She raised one thin, dark eyebrow into a well-defined and much-practiced arch. Fen had told her once they'd stick that way; she raised her eyebrows ironically so often. He was so old-fashioned. Didn't he know that didn't work anymore?

"What do you want?" she asked cautiously, although not rudely. "Who are you? I don't mean your name, you already gave it. I mean you...who are you. Where do you fit in the grand vampire scene?" she added with a derisive snort.

She sat up, straightening her back against the rough brick wall, and perched high on her long, folded legs. A strand of long raven hair fell into her eyes and she crossed her arms as she stared at the man, waiting for a reply.

Lynx
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:16 pm

Trying to stifle a chuckle, he repeated out loud, "The grand vampire scene...haha." He looked up and smiled to the stars. "I do not fit in there, I am an....observer you could say. I watch the grand scene from afar, interfering hardly ever." The smile faded and he looked down towards her. "Vampires today, are nothing more than a shadow of what we once were....even the so called, "High Council" is nothing more than a mere joke, along with any who believe that they have true power....ahh, but I have rambled on now." He said shifting on the briefcase. He ran his tongue across his fang, something he often did when in thought. Speaking up, he said, "And what about you? You've provided no name, or where you fit in our grand scene?"

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:16 pm

Anna chuckled and grinned, baring her fangs. They glinted eerily in the polluted light of the busy street. "Where do I fit? Man, I fit everywhere. Everywhere and nowhere. Like the rest of us."

She stood. "My name is Anna. I don't have a last name. I don't need a last name. The dead can't collect social security." She chuckled again. "And your wrong. At least one person in the High Council has power, and plenty of it, and he's the one who's...not very pleased with me. Jackass never is. Fine observer like you, you've probably heard of him. Patrick? No last name, like me, not that I know of."

Lynx
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:16 pm

"Patrick...haha yes I know of him." There was a certain tone to his voice, one that gave away a certain history between the two. He stood up, he was quite taller than her, but not so much that he towered over her. He lifted his briefcase. "You know...haha...that name brings back so many fluid memories...haha." He just kept on adding little chuckles. Lifting up his briefcase, but not opening it, he said, "This was once his, you know..haha...When someone such as him gains a little too much power, it bugs one such as myself." His arm fell back to his side, and he said, "So you know, I am an original. Never converted, simply, I just was. I'm sure Patrick would love to have my head on a platter, if he knew I was still around...haha." He looked at her, and asked her, "Don't mind if I ask, but, what did you do to displease Mr. Patrick?...Haha."

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fullmetal Ky on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:40 am

Name: Solomon Smyth
Species: Human
Weapon: A Shillelagh head walking cane (very durable in the face of duress), and a Makarov PM 9mm (with a concealed firearm licence valid for the city of New York).

Appearance: Solomon at first appears to be a man who carries the weight of his advancing age poorer than most, with a realistic limp and slumped shoulders. In reality this couldn’t be further from the truth, as when standing upright his full height of six foot four inches is revealed. Solomon is both well muscled for a man his age and in excellent shape, being faster and stronger than the average man in their prime. Solomon’s hair is a salt and pepper grey and he maintains a similarly coloured beard and moustache somewhat akin to a traditional goatee whereby the moustache and beard do not actually touch. His eyes are a steely blue and his attire will usually consist of quite dapper looking three piece suits complete with a tie.

History: Solomon worked for almost forty years as a member of the NYPD, beginning his career at the young age of sixteen. He rose through the ranks until he was forced into early retirement after an incident involving a vampire, which no one but he and the vampire involved know of. Since that day Solomon has taken a more relaxed, but far more dangerous, vigilante job whereby he is paid by an ‘invisible’ organization to slay vampires. There is some stirring in the vampiric underworld about his existence, but none as of yet have managed to pin his true identity or residence.

---------------------------------------------

“Damnation.”

Solomon muttered to himself as he slithered his eyes across dusty old tomes and simply bound notebooks, unearthed from the sanctuary that the police had raided only nights before. Among them, he was pleasantly surprised to note, were diaries belonging to some of the fledglings. One thing he had discerned from the writing was that they all appeared to be in awe of one vampire in particular, one known only as Patrick according to the text. He was, it would seem from the perspective of these saplings, the king of the hill in these parts. He was cited to be a father figure among the faithful and a reaping mauler to those who would seek to usurp his dark throne and prodigy.

With a deep sigh, Solomon stood. The process caused the legs of the chair to scrape ominously on the laminate flooring, alerting the retired member of the NYPD to the utter silence in his study. That, and the cramped conditions as his steely eyes moved from the desk to the bookcase to the door. A decanter half filled with Bells Scotch Whisky sat uncapped near to the edge of the desk. Rather precarious, Solomon noted as he picked up the ornate container, replaced the lid and then carried it through with him into the kitchen. It looked like this little lead of his was coming up short again, and it was beginning to irritate the usually calm elder.

Squeezing the head of his cane in one hand, the solemn one peered out of the window that overlooked the park and observed a pretty young girl crossing the area. Solomon couldn’t help but notice the onset of darkness creeping ever forward the closer the calendar got towards the ominous freezing winter. Now was as good a time as any, he supposed, to go for a walk to clear his head. Taking the cane firmly in hand and checking his Russian-made side arm, Solomon stepped out onto the porch and down the lane into the street. By this point the young woman had nearly made her way completely across the park and Solomon stopped to gaze at her once more as she moved by.

There was a nagging feeling in the back of his head that this was going to be a long night.

Fullmetal Ky
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:03 am

Jesta had made her way across the park, well almost fully across the park, when she noticed a peculiar bird near the bushes walking around as if it wasn't afraid of anyone. Stopping in her tracks she looked over to the bird and watched to see what it would do but it only kept walking and acted as if it were looking for something. Afraid that she was going to scare it off, Jesta slowly proceeded toward the bird in a cautious manner. As she neared it she realized what kind of bird it was. A raven. This caught her curiosity and wondered why the raven was here of all places and at this time. Approaching one of the bushes that was closest to the bird, Jesta couldn't find anything out of place except for the bird itself. Watching it, there was no way it couldn't know that she was there but it still ignored her never the less.

The bird continued to walk around near the bushes with it's mind clearly pre-occupied, so maybe it really didn't notice she was there. Jesta stayed as still as she could as her curiosity was at its fullest and wanted to know what it was doing. It seemed odd that she would be so curious of an animal but she was and she couldn't help it. It never looked from the ground and acted as if nothing else mattered then the thing that it was looking for. Jesta had only seen a few ravens in this part of town but it was always at night, she thought anyway. Soon, Jesta didn't even care what time she got home, at the moment anyway.

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:53 pm

Anna cocked her head at R, peering at him out of the corner of her eye. This guy knows Patrick? she thought. Not surprising, really, almost everyone knows OF him. But personally?

"Hmm, what did I do?" Anna said musingly, feigning thoughtfulness. In fact, a dozen things jumped to mind at once. In particular, the one little, tiny misdemeanor (all right, maybe NOT so tiny) she managed to commit more recently. But she didn't want to tell R about that. An original, an ancient, might be even stricter than Patrick, who was a mere 1800 years old. Even if he disliked Patrick as well, who was to say he wouldn't be moved to turn her over to the High Council anyway? No, this should try to be kept secret for a while. He'd probably find out anyway. Probably half the city's vampire population would, eventually.

"Any number of things," she said, shrugging. "Any minor misdemeanor in the vampire code you can name, I've probably done it. Not that it concerns him or the Council in any way, but I've also made way more vampires than I should have since my death. If you've met Patrick, you know what he's like. Neurotic. Control-freak. His style of justice is swift and usually painful. He's smart enough to know that anything he does is amplified threefold by the healing process." She held up her left hand. Unlike the smooth pale skin on her right hand, this one had skin that looked chapped, dry, and faintly scarred. Some of the fingers' joints were slightly off-kilter. "He did this. Pretty nasty, actually, if you think about it. Just how it ended up working itself out."

Lynx
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:43 pm

He looked at her hand. After he examined it for a moment, he thought to himself. "Patrick still hasn't changed. Fool. He always keeps things to himself. That isn't that hard for one such as a vampire to heal." He lifted a hand to his hair and brushed it from his eyes.

"You know, Patrick hasn't changed a bit, from the moment he was turned, to now." He shook his head. "I actually fought against the little brats conversion, back when I was on the council." He sighed heavily. "Back then, we would sometimes accept certain...charities....from those who wished to be turned into our elite flock. Back in the days of old, when our kind was considered a superior race, back before the sun cursed us." He smiled. "Yes, the advantage of an original, sunlight is no bother to me." R chuckled, thinking about Patricks dismay about how he couldn't go out in the sun anymore. "Anyway, Patrick was one of them who wanted to have power, as we did." His smile slightly faded, "That man, I told them not to convert him, he was whiny, and spoiled...The council over ruled, as he made a gracious donation to our 'charity'. Shortly afterwards, things began to change. Our council became more and more corrupt, and Patrick had been growing politically stronger, as he was gaining power as a vampire." The look on R's face, was one of almost regret, regret of what though? Only he knew. "Years later, Patrick came to power, he was admitted into the council. Some, saw this as a great leap, the first non-original in the council. I was disgusted, not by the fact there was a non-original, but by the fact he'd bought all of his power. Shortly after, I resigned my position, and disappeared from the pages of history." He inhaled and exhaled another sigh. "I watched, as the council was 'replaced' with those loyal to Patrick and his coin. It sickened me to the point where I returned. I returned to kill him, to right the wrong they had made." He opened up the long briefcase, showing her a beautiful sword. "Patrick used this sword against me. He tried with all of his might to destroy me, but for all the power he gained, he was still nothing to an original. He slashed toward me, and I caught the blade in my hand. I ripped it from his hands, and tossed him aside. I intended to slay him then and there...but..."He looked up and closed his eyes. "But what happened next....well...to say the least...his followers interfered. A grand battle occured. One single original, against a small army of vampire. This battle raged on for what seemed like days. I knew I couldn't win...I had slayed many, but was tiring out...So, they ran me out. I went into hiding." He looked sad, almost as if he had died that day.

"Since that time...I have 'killed' myself. Patrick thinks I am deceased." He looked towards her. He shook every emotion off, and smiled. "Anyway, enough about the days of old. If you would like, I could teach you to use your vampiric ability to reconstruct your hand, so it wont be as it is anymore." SIlently, in his head he thought, "I think I'm done observing, I think it's time I acted again...picking up where I left off."

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:27 am

Anna shrugged. "I don't care about the hand. What happened was he crushed it, under his boot if I remember. It was a ouple decades ago. That hurt, but what really sucked was the bone and skin knitting back together. The bones healed unaligned so it looks sorta arthritic and the skin's always a bit dry. I can live with it though."

"How did you 'kill' yourself?" Anna asked curiously. A little tinge of a thought had entered her mind. If I can fake suicide, she thought, Sophie can hide me until I can figure out how...

Anna gasped. Damien! she thought. That little parasite could be worth something!

She smiled rogueishly at R. "Wait, never mind. Can you keep a secret, R?" she asked. "Really keep a secret?

"You want Patrick out. I want Patrick out. What if I had a plan for you, for both of us? I'll be safe from Patrick (like I told you, he's out for blood - no pun intended) and later you can stage your miraculous resurrection. Something which," she added, "I'm sure would be impressive enoguh to demand fealty from pretty much every vampire in the city. Just think, you, one of the last ancients in this infant country, the head of all New York City. Maybe New York state. How many people is that, R? Do I really need to say any more?"

Please say yes, she prayed silently to a God she didn't believe in - Mercy did, but never her. Please say yes, please show interest, please HELP ME.

Lynx
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirge on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:15 pm

Armon stumbled through the park clutching his chest and stomach; his jacket and shirt were torn up and the lenses of his sunglasses were cracked. The half-breed’s vision blurred then back to normal. Damn it, I need blood and I’m to week to make it to Cheng’s. He caught site of a girl. I don’t want to, but I need it. He went forward with the simple intention to stay alive only to collapse about four feet away.

Sirge
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fullmetal Ky on Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:28 am

Apparently there was something in the bushes worth looking at.

Solomon tapped his cane on the ground a couple of times and made himself appear busy near to his front yard, checking over the various shrubs and plant life that were normal in the garden of any retired man or woman with a lot of time on their hands. He gazed at the girl out of the corner of his eye, once again noting the encroaching night and wondering why she had not yet made her way onward towards the safety of her home. Even without the creatures of the night free to roam the midnight hours, these streets were still extremely dangerous - especially for a young girl walking home alone. When the lights go down the weirdo's come out to play, Solomon thought with disdain, remembering his time with the NYPD. Many a time he had to move along the stranger members of society's social ladder. Park benches, subways, doorways, bus depots and all manner of places you didn't even want to imagine, never mind visit.

Yes, come to think of it, Solomon deliberated that it might be best to get this girl home safely. Although how to do it without looking like a weirdo himself was always troubling. The very fact she was loitering around in a park as darkness approached seemed odd. No loving parent would feel safe knowing their child was alone and essentially defenceless in this urban jungle. Throwing caution to the wind, Solomon approached the girl in the park, still far too consumed with watching the raven. A raven that Solomon had no idea was even there.

“Excuse me, miss.” He called out to her, as he approached, still a good twenty seconds worth of faked limping away from her position. “Solomon Smyth, ex NYPD.” He stated quickly by way of introduction. “I was hoping you would agree to move on, this isn’t exactly the safest neighbourhood in the world, you understand, and it’s getting dark. A young girl like you needs to be home at a time like this, so please, let me walk you back.” Solomon accented his request with a nod in the direction of the street she had originally been heading towards, completely oblivious of what had just collapsed no more than a few feet from her location.

Fullmetal Ky
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:25 pm

R sternly cocked an eyebrow, and looked at her. "Anna...explain yourself." He said to her. "Of course I am interested." He continued along with her.

"Lets see what she has....perhaps she has something that I haven't tried yet." He thought to himself. "Wait, first....we need, safer accomodations, rather than this alleyway. Do you know a place?"

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:25 pm

Anna thought, biting her bottom lip and accidentally drawing a tiny drop of blood. She didn't notice and it healed a moment later, as thought it hadn't been there. Mercy wouldn't be happy about Anna and R busting in on her, Dove was too feather-headed to keep a secret, Anna couldn't really trust Fen anymore - a tiny jolt of painful recognition zipped across her heart with this realization. Sophie was their best bet.

"Yeah, I know a place," she said finally. "My friend Sophie's apartment. Mine is like 15 blocks away, her's is just the next street over. You don't have to worry about her. She's a little...rambunctious, but she's vampire too, and she knows how to keep a secret. She'll keep one for me at least; I created her," she added with no small hint of pride.

Anna led R down the street and around the corner. The night was deeper now and warmth had fled the darkened streets. The sickly peach color of the sparse streetlights made Anna feel colder. She hugged her sweatshirt tighter around her arms and walked faster, hoping R was keeping up. She didn't bother to look behind her - part of her was afraid he'd give up on her and just...leave.

Lynx
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.