Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? »

Players Wanted: A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp »

Tanker's introduction

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Tanker's introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanker72 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:37 am

1) What's your username? Why'd you pick that username?
Tanker72, chosen because I was looking for an username and saw the little plastic mode of a T-72 tank looking at me from accross the table.

2) How'd you find this place? Google? Why'd you look it up on Google or whatever?
I googled "role playing forum", and this one looked better than the others.

3) How long have you roleplayed on forums or chat? On what sites? Did you start with tabletop games or such?
Five days, or something? I've had two cyberpunk-themed RPG sessions with an online friend, who then recommended me to find online communities in English as he mostly plays in his native language that I don't master.

4) In coming to RPG, what've you been looking for specifically? A new home for roleplay? Better roleplay?
Just a place to roleplay at, and if it's good, then all the better.

5) What kinds of roleplay are you interested in? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Go in-depth about it if you want.
Sci-fi/cyberpunk, post-apocalyptic, political/spy stories.

6) What're your hobbies? Do you collect rocks or mount insects?
I collect insects and mount rocks! No, I do plastic models (mostly tanks, but not only), and try to draw and play the guitar, with limited success.

7) What's something you're good at besides writing? Maybe you're on the volleyball team or you're a quick learner? Maybe you play the flute or can fold up chairs amazingly fast? xD
I don't really like showing off, but I'm a pretty good cook. With a preference for Middle Eastern style meat dishes.

8) Do you have any friends here at RPG that invited you here? Would you want to make more friends while you're here?
No, unfortunately. And of course I'd like to make some!

And lastly...

9) Do we get cookies for looking through your thread and saying hello?
I'm not too familiar with pastries and sweet cooking, would BBQ'd mutton chops marinated in olive oil, ras el hanut and cardamom do the trick?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tanker72
Member for 1 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver Tipworthy Conversationalist Giver

Re: Tanker's introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:49 am

Hey there! Nice to see you, welcome on in.

The multiverse has some pretty decent science fiction settings, I think. In general, when thinking of the independent universes, I think RPG is pretty fantasy-centric, but I love a good sci-fi story myself, and as I figure out my groove and how to actually run rps, I'm planning on running more of them in the future.

Having said, whether it's the multiverse, independent universes, or a mixture of both that you end up in, there's a space here for everyone, so poke around, enjoy yourself, and I hope to see you around!
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

phosphene
Member for 2 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanker72 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:51 am

Thanks! Yeah, I've seen on all RPG forums I've encountered online that fantasy settings are majoritary, but hey, I can always find something that's up my alley.

Tanker72
Member for 1 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver Tipworthy Conversationalist Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:02 pm

Welcome to RPG! I hope you find things that are up your alley :)

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Greeter Inspiration Lifegiver Concierge Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!