Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

My Teacher Was Arrested

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

My Teacher Was Arrested

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:36 pm

Haha, subject caught your attention, huh?

But yeah. One of my teachers from high school was arrested in a sex sting like...10 minutes from my apartment Friday night. He pulled his pants down in front of an undercover officer trying to solicit gay sex. 4 other men were arrested with him.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/14285115/detail.html

The stupid thing is, there are cops there all the time because of all the gay sex activity there. I know Mr. Waddell was kind of off, but he is so involved at church and school. Whether he's gay or not, I didn't think he'd be so stupid.

Has anyone else had to cope with anything like this before?
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Re: My Teacher Was Arrested

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Katakat on Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:44 am

Had to cope with something like this kinda, I try and avoid thinking about the issue of course media likes to blow things out of proportions.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Katakat
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tramp on Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:38 am

Alright, so I have this friend--let's call her Hannah. And apparently Hannah's mom was into waaay younger guys. Like this one time, Hannah was watching a movie with her mom and her boyfriend, except her mom and her boyfriend weren't exactly watching the movie. And Hannah was completely obvious to it. Until her mom kinda showed up in the newspaper after her was arrested in the school parking lot with him. Luck would have that Hannah was this awesome cross-country star, and it just so happened to have a story on her on the paper... at the same time. So you'd be reading this newspaper--front page and all--and there'll be a story on Mrs. Hannah's arrest on the top, and right under it was a story on Hannah the Runner of the Year. That must've majorly sucked. But anyways.... that kinda didn't relate too much to your teacher. However, I think--and I'm just pulling stuff straight from me head here, as in I could be wrong--that in the 2001 movie Donnie Darko, a teacher was portrayed in a sex scandal.
Knock, knock. That's what she said, mind you. And that's all she said, if you know what I'm talking about! And if you do, would you kindly tell me? Because I sure don't.

Tramp
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:43 am

Tramp, that does relate to my story a little. Lets say this topic is about teacher sex scandals. That sucks about "Hannah." I can't imagine that happening to me. It bothers me enough being a teacher I liked but haven't seen since I graduated 3 years ago, but I can't imagine it being a parent, or close friend.

I love Donnie Darko, but I haven't seen it in forever. I will have to rent or buy it sometime soon to watch it to catch up on the happenings of the storyline.

As for the media blowing thinds out of proportion...I do think they do that A LOT, but being a Journalism major in college, I have to defend the media too. I think the stories need to be reported on because parents and children alike need to know what is in the world to better know what to do to defend themselves, but you are right in that they blow too much stuff out or proportion. But at the same time, when they blow things up like that, it's because they know a majority of the public wants to hear it. It's the same concept with celebrity news or reality shows: most of it is trash, but as long as people are watching it, they are going to continue to do things the same way. It's ultimately up to the majority of people to change things. That's my opinion anyway.

I do have a question, and would love to hear what people think. Do you think there are more sex-scandal-type situations with teachers now-a-days, and that is why you find more of them getting caught, or do you think it was this bad all along, and they are just 'cracking down' on it more now?

I know that doesn't relate so much to my intial post in this topic. We're kind of on the topic of teacher/student relationships or molestations now, but that is more of the type of stories we're seeing in the news now. It's sickening.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tramp on Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:12 am

Angel_Melfina wrote:I do have a question, and would love to hear what people think. Do you think there are more sex-scandal-type situations with teachers now-a-days, and that is why you find more of them getting caught, or do you think it was this bad all along, and they are just 'cracking down' on it more now?

I know that doesn't relate so much to my intial post in this topic. We're kind of on the topic of teacher/student relationships or molestations now, but that is more of the type of stories we're seeing in the news now. It's sickening.

In personal opinion (as in I have nothing to back it up save for statistics saying that at least one kid has this view), I think it's the media, although it could very well be a bit of both.

The media surely must enjoy the nice surplus of money flowing their way from the commonfolk, who clear the newstands like school girls catching up on the latest gossip. Uncovering new sex scandals--especially local controversy--is becoming the great American pasttime, bring up the "Johnney did this; I heard that Susie likes him" child in all of us. It's simple to understand why; bashing the residental sexual predator is easy enough for the whole family to enjoy.

Moreover, the hearts of the commonwealth--not to point any fingers or name any names, especially since I'm probably among them--is focused on news since the dawn of reason. U.S. History 101 easily taught me that much. I mean, when a guy goes off to college and finally calls home--what does he inquire about? The local happenings, of course! The media isn't favoring scholars in the pursuit of knowledge; no, they're in it to make a living--to sell stories. This is a fad, the type of stories that the people want to read, and thus, the type of stories that are going fast to the press nowdays. And that pretty much ('pretty much' defined as a superfluous and confusing diatribe, of course) concludes my point.

Tramp
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!