Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

S.C.I.O.N

Team Leader Interviews

a part of “S.C.I.O.N”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

The organization known as SCION has provided the world's first line of defence against threats from the supernatural for centuries. Do you have what it takes?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “S.C.I.O.N”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Team Leader Interviews

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Welcome, candidates to the SCION Team Leader Interviews.

Allow us to explain.

Those staff members who are interested in occupying one of the leader posts must demonstrate their ability and talent through filling out a short IC interview. You can fill this out having submitted your character sheet (or even a little before if you're really keen!) and then the interviews will be responded to IC by the lovely SCION NPC department heads, Aiko Wakahisa, Leofric Wyndham, and Saffiya Elmessiri.

This is partly a bit of fun, and partly in order to allow the natural leaders of the cast to shine. Don't worry! You won't lose a spot for applying. Your character can still take a team member spot regardless of what happens.

- Vit

Code: Select all
[b]Interview[/b]

[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Team You Are Applying for Leadership of:[/b]

[b]Q: What do you feel are the qualities one needs to be a good leader? [/b]
A:

[b]Q: What qualities do you have that you feel would make you a good leader?[/b]
A:

[b] Q: What experience do you have  in your field that makes you qualified for this position?[/b]
A:

[b] Q: How would you settle interpersonal disputes in your team?[/b]
A:

[b] Q: Situation - You are pursuing a high priority target. The target jumps into a waiting vehicle and begins to escape. However, as they do so they are able to shoot and severely wound one of your team members. How do you react and why?[/b]

A:

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Team Leader Interviews

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chevin11 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:07 am

Interview

Character Name: Roger
Team You Are Applying for Leadership of: Hunter's Moon

Q: What do you feel are the qualities one needs to be a good leader?
A: Stern, Understanding, Demanding, Respectful

Q: What qualities do you have that you feel would make you a good leader?
A: My experience would be considered a large asset, as well as my professionalism, Understanding, High standards of operating, and a belief that one can always improve.

Q: What experience do you have in your field that makes you qualified for this position?
A: 15 years of operating experience within every major intelligence agency in the world, maintaining my non-existence within any civilian registry, 60 successful missions while managing to fail none, Having a large network of contacts.

Q: How would you settle interpersonal disputes in your team?
A: If it becomes a hinderance on their performance, both parties would be subjected to counseling. Further steps, if necessary, would be suspension with counseling,

Q: Situation - You are pursuing a high priority target. The target jumps into a waiting vehicle and begins to escape. However, as they do so they are able to shoot and severely wound one of your team members. How do you react and why?

A: I would pursue the target myself, while ordering a Med-Evac for my team. This isn't a situation where a decision is needed to be made, this is operating protocol. A captain always goes down with the ship. The operation is a Leaders top priority, while The team is Scions top priority. Both can be accomplished if protocol is executed properly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chevin11
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MisterMagicMuffin on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Interview

Character Name: Roderic Alder Mayburry Montana
Team You Are Applying for Leadership of:Hunter's Moon

A: The ability to apply critical thought to decisions. Listening and speaking without personal bias. Keeping and Maintaining clear lines of communication. The ability to act on decisions, and the trust to put your life in the hands of your team, and their lives in yours.

A: To re list what I've said above would be redundant. I work to embody the tenants I believe in. I will say that my work doesn't end when the mission does. This is less a matter of work ethic vs my own personal desire maintain the skill and mental acuity of myself, and my team members. Leisure and training both have their places in a healthy team dynamic.

Q: What experience do you have in your field that makes you qualified for this position?
A: Despite the affinity I have for solo operations I have, on numerous occasions lead small teams of highly skilled individuals, focusing on optimizing ability and minimizing casualties. I continue to maintain lines of information under numerous proxies.

A: Disputes are an inevitability, and if the time frame allows I would give it the attention the dispute deserves. I prefer mediation above all, and camaraderie built through training as a close knit team.

Q: Situation - You are pursuing a high priority target. The target jumps into a waiting vehicle and begins to escape. However, as they do so they are able to shoot and severely wound one of your team members. How do you react and why?

A: My team members are not replaceable or disposable, regardless of how high priority the target is. This is not the military. That being said, I would trust the members of my team to act accordingly. Depending on the species of the operative shot, and the severity of the wound, and said operatives ability to dress their wounds, I or another would focus on pursuing the target while myself, or another operative would tend to their wounds.

^In a perfect situation, that would be my answer. My experience tells me the perfect storm is as common as the perfect response. The truth is I would assess the situation, and make a decision. My decision could be to break off pursuit to keep this member of my team safe, or to continue after the high priority target.

MisterMagicMuffin
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:21 pm

Interview

Character Name: Madison Lewis Lovette

Team You Are Applying for Leadership of: Blue Moon

A: An open mind towards your team and their beliefs, and the capability to serve as a mediator if team members begin to disagree over something. A measure of optimism would be good, too, as well as the ability to be stern when necessary and keep calm during stressful situations. They’d need to be someone who you’d want to follow, and not necessarily someone you follow just because of their position- a sort of charisma, I would say.

A: Well, I consider myself at least somewhat of an approachable person. I enjoy good conversation, and getting to know my peers on a personal level. However, I still prioritize work and producing quality results, and prefer to weigh choices in a responsible manner. I can be strict if necessary, although I try to remain positive and enforce rules without being overly uptight.

A: Before joining SCION, I was previously affiliated with the Surgimus coven in an authoritative position. While this gave me power throughout the group, this also placed me as the charge of several young vampires in my time, as well as older ones which simply disliked obeying any rules beside their own. This built up my patience, and through the years, I would consider myself able to handle the stressors that such a position could cause. In addition to this, I’ve also gathered quite an amount of knowledge on the subject of cryptids and the like, have written several papers in regards to different species, and have been a member of SCION for quite some time.

A: I would try to handle the issue myself, at first, depending if it becomes more than a small argument. I would attempt to see both sides of what had happened, then approach both to try and solve the problem peacefully. If they refuse to listen to me, or if the problem persists, I would have to threaten both with counselling.

A: As I wouldn’t consider my position as one where pursuing a target is necessary, I would say my first priorities would be to alert one of the Field groups, stabilize the wounded’s condition, and, if possible, send the details of where the car was going, the license plate, etc. Depending on the circumstances, I would be willing to pursue other actions, but my main priority is to keep my teammate alive. I’d doubt that they’d be more of a fighter than the other researchers within Blue Moon, and to let them die would be a pointless cruelty.
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXcandlejackXx on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Interview

Character Name: Isaac Schofield
Team You Are Applying for Leadership of: Thunder Moon's team lead.

A: A leader needs to be able to understand how his team works, find their strengths and play them to cover each other weaknesses. A leader needs to be able to take criticism and trust his subordinates, but not let them dictate the unit as a whole ; And being able to act cool under pressure is always a bonus. A leader must not ask a subordinate to do something they themselves wouldn't do.

A: Experience for the most part, I understand I'm not the most agreeable or likable individual in our group, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who wouldn't admit I understand how to deal with life and death situations. I think clearly and quickly in the situations Thunder Moon are deployed for, understanding when to use Violence of action or when to wait it out is not something that can be taught in a classroom.

A: My service in the military should be self evident here, but other than that I've worked in small units before, be it as a spook with the CIA or even as a reconosinse unit under SCION.

A: I believe interpersonal disputes between team members shouldn't impede a units effectiveness, but that's not the case. I would ask that both parties come out with their issues and explain why they feel the way they do, without being insulting. If the issue is something black and white as theft or assault then the party responsible shall be removed from the unit charged accordingly once suitable evidence is found.

A: I would order suppressing fire in hopes of disabling the vehicle or wounding the other party severely enough to halt their escape, However regardless of how our target reacts to the suppressing fire I would hold position until our team mate is stabilized ,then, if command gives me the go ahead; split our unit, one to provide support to our causality and the others to either peruse or secure the target.

But that is all highly situational and can't be hammered with so little information.

Thank you for taking time to consider me for the position, I look forward to your reply,
- I.S -

xXcandlejackXx
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:24 pm

Hunter's Moon

Aiko Wakahisa - Officer of Intelligence and Data Collection

Roger's impressive record speaks in his favour, however his scenario answer is somewhat troubling. Whilst the actual actions may be reasonable, a team leader should feel a level of responsibility toward their team. SCION adopts different practices to human intelligence agencies. Our recruitment pool is very limited, and our personnel are not disposable.

Because of this I would personally recommend the post be awarded to Mr Montana, at least in the immediate future. Our human colleague may be considered a suitable candidate once he has become more familiar with how we work.

A. Wakahisa

Blue Moon

Saffiya Elmessiri - Officer of Magic and Lore

In light of his previous leadership experience and aptitude as a researcher, we have decided to offer Mr Madison Lovette the role of leader of Blue Moon. Madison's interpersonal skills should prove a great help in assuring that all work goes smoothly. We wish you the best of luck in your new role.

-S. Elmessiri

Thunder Moon

Leofric Wyndham - Officer of Field Teams

After reviewing your service record and interview, Mr Schofiled, we have decided to offer you the position of leader of Thunder Moon, and the responsibility over a diverse field team. We hope that you will demonstrate your ability to manage a varied group and make the most of their strengths and weaknesses. You will also shortly be assigned with a trainee operative to benefit from your years of experience. Best of luck.

-L. Wyndham

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MisterMagicMuffin on Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:00 pm

b]Interview[/b]

FUCK I forgot to pass this things in. Look, just keep it on file in case Isaac (inevitably) goes off the deep end mmmk.

Character Name: Makorai Saika
Team You Are Applying for Leadership of: Thunder Thunder THUNDER MOON. (stole that from Stride)

A: Looks. That's important. The better looking you are, the more people will follow you. If you're ugly with a face full of battle wounds people will follow you too. You look like you know what you're doing. I'm on the handsome end of the spectrum.

A: Great smile. I'm good with people, particularly lady people. I've done the whole leadership thing before somewhere in my hundred plus history just trust me on that. (call me Aiko I miss pillow talk in Japanese)

A: I used to roam around a lot with folks. I mean. People experience in general helps right. Once, in this bar, I got five strangers I didn't know to go in with me on two bottles of liquor so we could drink cheaper. (impressive right, teamwork at its finest) T

A: Drinking, I know the resident psyche person disagrees but it really solves all of your problems.

A: Are they hot?

MisterMagicMuffin
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chevin11 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Interview

Kreios Androcoles:
Team You Are Applying for Leadership of: Wolf Moon (If we're going to have a team lead)

A: Lead by example. Consistently pushing yourself, strengthening your weaknesses.

A: I train day in, and day out. I will put my team in front of my own well being. I'll never put anyone in a position that I wouldn't put myself in.

A: 12 years of combat training, absolute control of everything I do in beast mode, extensive knowledge of combat arts in human form. Am a fully capable agent in human form, am not dependent of my werewolf form to protect myself.

A: A sparring match. Beating the hell out of someone you disagree with can be very therapeutic. Makes it that much better when it's in a safe, controlled environment.

A: Commant the others to get the injured out via medical evacuation, while I go after the target. This is an easy call.

chevin11
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!