Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:10 pm

The first movie. Yea. Totally the most bad-ass Turtles movie ever.

Holy crap I haven't seen this in like, ten years. This movie kicks so much ass it's ridiculous.

I just downloaded it today. I've had the second and third movie for quite some time now, but I've always wanted and could never find the first.

And now I have it, and I just watched the first like, five minutes, and it's like I'm 8 years old again. This movie is the SHIT! Seriously, this has got to be like, one of the best movies that year.

LOL I can almost QUOTE this shit from memory! And it's been ages!

"Come back here! I'm not finished with you! ... DAAAAAAAMN!"

"A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for this."

"Wise man say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:56 am

Go ninja go ninja go! Go ninja go ninja go!

Ice Ice Baby... ooo, the days of Vanilla Ice.

Not sure if that was the first movie, but all I remember is that the pig-mutated-monster thing is like the first boss you fight in almost EVERY Ninja Turtles video game no matter what. Has anyone else noticed that?
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:01 am

Yeah, it's either Bebop or Rocksteady, the streetpunks who came into contact with mutagen after touching a Rhino and a Boar...

Oh god, it's all coming back to me! Curse you forgotten memories!!!

Theme Song (what I remember of it, anyway)
Leonardo Leads!
Donatello- Don's machines!
Rapheal is cool, but crude!
Gimme a break!
Michelangelo-
Is a Par-tay dude!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Heroes in a Half-Shell,

Turtle Power!

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:07 am

XD! I was going through KB Toys on Wednesday (after doing somethiny manly like buying the new Disturbed album -- promise. >_>.) looking to see if I could find any Gundam model kits, and the theme NT theme song was playing!

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haruka_Tenou on Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:02 pm

They have redone the entire cartoon version which plays on the weekends. Well Sunday morning's now. However everything, Even the opening song has been redone. It's not bad but I do miss the old version of the show. Funniest thing is that happens to be what is on my TV right this moment.

The movies I recall were bloody awesome. I'll have to rent them because it's been ages since I watched any of them.

Anyways, Memories of childhood...-Sigh-

Lates.

Haruka_Tenou
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:03 pm

SinfulSoul wrote:Go ninja go ninja go! Go ninja go ninja go!

Ice Ice Baby... ooo, the days of Vanilla Ice.

Not sure if that was the first movie, but all I remember is that the pig-mutated-monster thing is like the first boss you fight in almost EVERY Ninja Turtles video game no matter what. Has anyone else noticed that?

*WHACK!*

No, second movie. Funny, but not as good as the first. None of the movies were as good as the first. It was awesome.

As for the new show, I've seen it, I don't mind it, I'm all about the new toys and stuff they're coming out with. This is what inspired me to search for it again and download everything i could. In the past day or so I've picked up at least 8 episodes of the old cartoon, maybe more.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:48 pm

I own all three movies. =) However they're old and crappy so my mum's going to get them on DVD or something. At one point in time we had the first movie's soundtrack on cassette. XD

Them'z where the times. Of course we can't forget the nicknamed I was given from Platass, which came from the movie -- O'Neil.

=)!

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:11 pm

That reminds me. There's a kid in my school who got nicknamed 'Rat' 'cuz he looks like a human form of Mastah Splintah. O_o.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:30 pm

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,
Heroes in a half shell
Turtle power.

There the world's most fearsome fighting team,
(we're really hip)
they're heroes in a half shell and they're green.
(hey get a grip)
When the evil Shredder attacks,
Those turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.

Splinter taught them to be ninja team,
(he's a radical rat)
Leonardo lead's, Donatello does machines.
(that's a fact jack)
Rapheal is cool but crude,
Rapheal: (give me a break)
Michaelangelo is a party dude.
Michaelangelo: (party)

Heroes in a half shell
Turtle power.

T-u-r-t-l-e Power!

CHORUS:
T-u-r-t-l-e power
T-u-r-t-l-e power
T-u-r-t-l-e power
Teenage mutant ninja turtles
On the half shell they're the heroes four
In this day and age who could ask for more
The crime wave is high
With muggings mysterious
All police and defectives are furious
Cause they can't find the source
Of this lethally evil force
This is serious so give me a quarter
I was a witness
Get me a reporter
Call April O'Neil in on this case
You better hurry up there's no time to waste
We need help like quick on the double
Have pity on the city 'cause man it's in trouble
We need heroes like the Lone Ranger
When Tonto come pronto when there was danger
They didn't say "We'd be there in half an hour"
'Cause they displayed
Turtle power
(REPEAT CHORUS)
Now our ace reporter was hot on the trail
Determined to put these crooks in jail
She spied the bad guys and saw what happened
But before she knew it she fell in a trap and
Got caught yes she was all alone
With no friends and no phone
Now this was beyond her worst dreams
'Cause she was cornered by some wayward teens
Headed by Shredder they were anything but good
Misguided, unloved, they called 'em "the foot"
They could terrorize and be angry youth and
They'd mug the people who needed proof
Then from out of the dark come an awesome sound
Shouted "Cowabunga" as they hit the ground
>From the field of weeds the heroes rescued the flower
'Cause they possessed
Turtle power
(REPEATCHORUS)
When you stand for what you believe in
And find the strength to do what's right
That's turtle power
Heroes on the half shell they're on a mission
When there's a battle got the enemy wishin'
That they stayed at home instead of fightin'
These ninja masters with moves like lightning
They were once normal but now they're mutants
Splinter's the teacher so they are the students
Leonardo, Michaelangelo and Donatello
Make up the team with one other fellow
Raphael he's the leader of the group
Transformed from the norm by the nuclear goop
Pizza's the food that'ss sure to please
These ninjas are in to pepperoni and cheese
Back to the story it's not hard to find
Ninja's not just of the body but of the mind
Those were the words that the master instructed
But a letter from Shredder had Splinter abducted
That was the last straw
Spring into action
Step on "the foot"
Now they're gonna lose traction
Now this is for real so you fight for justice
Your shell is hard so you shout "They can't dust us"
Off like some old coffee table
Since you've been born you've been willing and able
To defeat the sneak
Protect the weak
Fight for rights and your freedom to speak
Now the villain is chillin'
So you make a stand
Back to the wall
Put your sword in your hand
Remember the words of your teacher, your master
Evil moves fast but good moves faster
Than light shining for your illumination
Good versus evil equals confrontation
So when you're in trouble
Don't give in and go sour
Try to rely on your
Turtle power
(REPEAT CHORUS)

April: Okay, those guys in the black pajamas, they jumped me, and... and that rat... I saw you in the parking lot. That explains you. And you guys... Um? I have no idea where you came from!
Splinter: If you will please just sit down and calm yourself.
April: It talks!
Splinter: It is really quite simple, Miss O'Neil.
April: And he knows my name... perfect!
Splinter: Fifteen years ago...
April: Why don't I ever dream of Harrison Ford?

Splinter: For 15 years now, we have lived here. Before that time, I was a pet of my master Yoshi. When we were forced to come to New York, I found myself for the first time without a home, wandering thew sewers, scavaging for whatever I could find. And then, one day, I came upon a shattered glass jar and four baby turtles.
Michaelangelo: That was us. Hee hee.
Donatello: Shut up. Oh no!
Splinter: The little ones were crawling into a strange glowing ooze from a broken canister near by. I gathered them up in an old coffee can and when I awoke the next morning, I received a shock. For they had doubled in size. I, too, was growing. Particularly in intellect. I was amazed how intelligent they seemed, but nothing could have prepared me for what happened next: one of them spoke! More words followed, and I began their training. Teaching them all that I had learned from my master. And soon, I gave them all names: Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Donatello and Raphael.
April: I'm not dreaming, am I?
Splinter: No. I'm afraid not.

OKAY! I'm stopping now. Damn, I want to watch the movie now. Thanks a lot , fucktard [Andy.]

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:52 pm

Ho.

Lee.

Shiet!

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:06 pm

Ah the first TMNT movie. That and the original cartoon was something I obsessed about for years. The movies rank from best to worst in how they were released. The first was great because it didn't try to be too kid friendly. Yeah, younger kids could enjoy it, but also older kids to adults could too. Especially if they had read the comic put out by Mirage, which is really adult Leonardo cuts of Shredders head with one of his katana, and Donatello gets his shell ripped off and nearly killed are two examples. The archie comics were more based on the original cartoon.

The new cartoon I think tried to combine all aspects of the previous series, whether it be the movies, comics, or old cartoon, and bring it up to date. I liked it to some degree, but I missed a lot of things from the original. The original theme song should have been there, and they still didn't get Casey Jones right from the comic. Casey Jones is supposed to be like a more crazy Punisher, ho uses sports equipment.

There were rumors of a fourth TMNT film being directed by John Woo that would also be rated R, and used CGI instead of the puppets (which I liked the puppets from atleast the first two films, the third film to me looked more like frogs with shells) and more like the comic book. However, last time I checked that project was stuck in development hell (Much like Ghostbusters 3).

Now I have to go watch all three movies on DVD. You know the TMNT is one of those franchizes that deserves a special edition DVD with commentary from the original creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, maybe someone from Jim Henson since he did the puppets for the first two films.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:08 am

God....So many memories....x.x

Man, i've got so many old TMNT toys that it aint even funny. I've got one of 'em that's worth a shitload of money man....Too many memories...All good though.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:26 am

I have a bunch of the action figures still too. Even the Turtle Van and the sewer playset. Unfortunaly, being a young at the time the idea of a toy being worth lots of money never occurred to me, so most of them are rather beat up from all the times I played with them.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:07 am

WInd ups. The sound they make. Putting a weapon in their hand and making them spin it. The green glue I used to fix Shredder's shoulder plate.

Memories, indeed.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:12 am

Well apparantly the next Ninja Turtles movie isn't in development hell like I thought it was...

http://www.imagi.com.hk/movie/web/tmntm.htm

Found that on the official Mirage Studios (the company thats owned the rights to the TMNT since the beginning with the original comics) when I got bored and randomly searched for ninja turtles. Now I wonder if it's going to be like the rumored rated R version that john woo was supposed to direct?

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:24 am

LOL! Funny thing is, right after I read Ki's post, I went and watched some TV, when I saw an interview with the TMNT creator. xD The new movie's gonna' be full CG Animated. o_O;

Aarkon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:43 am

Technically Kevin Eastman hasn't worked too much on the Turtles in awhile. Peter Laird, who co created the turtles, still has been (he's been doing the newer comics from Mirage alone). Plus we can play Eastmann for the horrible Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation tv series that came out years ago. It was a live action tv series that lasted maybe a two seasons, not much more. Though there was an episode where the Turtles and the Power Rangers fought. I had hoped that a long lasting debate would have been settled, but unfortunatly...no. They teamed up in the end.

Yeah...obviously I know a lot of useless facts and trivia -.-'

And yeah I saw that interview on G4 too, though that was one of the rare times I actually watched G4. Ah, how I miss Tech TV.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.