Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Teh Welcome Thread

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:55 pm

he's talking factions, for the gwing universe

In your case, you've already stated what you needed to: country and profession. since you haven't specified a time-period, I'm assuming you're present-day real life, but you may want to specify, since many will assume present-day forum, which is very different...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:57 pm

Yeah, but i prefer a teeny-weeny bit into the fiuture...just because the future is so cool. So ya, there we go, i'll just see itno this..."faction" phenomena. -Oo-ra, Digit

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:06 pm

If you're a lawyer, you probably won't be involved in the military, so you don't need to worry about it in terms of that. However, in this RP there is a great deal of tension between Earth and Space (Earth Vs. Space Colonies). So more than likely you will either have a great deal of pride in Earth, or not really care. Due to the intensity of the hostility though, and considering past history, you may want to develop a small section of your character around this opinion. There are also factions available who may want to recruit you or that you may want to join.

These are just some of the things you can do. Really the best thing you can do to familiarize yourself with everything is to simply read about the important historical events that have occurred.

Here's a link: http://gwing.net/viewtopic.php?t=510

The first post by Kiyoshi is the back story, then after that there is a three year fast forward and after that is pretty much where we are at right now. The colonies are separated, but slowly being unified once again under Sin's return. You'll be able to find out each colony's situation in their respective threads. Unfortunately I don't believe there is a summary of all the events that have taken place since the three year fast forward to now.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:08 pm

O.o;; Oo-Ra, Nice. I'll definately update my story a bit with this information. Anyways, i'll see what factions to join, etc...also, do I need a vehicle (Gundam, etc?) Or maybe I can make another Defender subfaction. Dunno what'd I'd do with it, but Oo-Ra.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:29 pm

Hoorah!

I hope my credits are still intact, its almost summer vacation.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:01 pm

Yup, only 23 days to go here...

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:12 pm

A week...and not counting. >_>

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anime_Master on Mon May 08, 2006 5:57 am

haha thats right im here...

Anime_Master
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon May 08, 2006 8:27 am

Awesome, welcome to GWing. It's great to see you here, my friend.

If there's anything we can do to help you, let us know.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anime_Master on Mon May 08, 2006 3:55 pm

INDEED!!! i shall give you a holla if theres anything i need, good site master

Anime_Master
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon May 08, 2006 5:31 pm

Welcome, welcome Anime_Master.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jax on Thu May 18, 2006 2:46 pm

Hey everyone im the newest member my name is Jason but yet it is known as jax to my friends and its my game alias and plus a character from my stories

Jax
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Thu May 18, 2006 5:57 pm

Welcome to Gwing, Jax! Have a good time (I was the greeted, now I am the greeter!)

Gwing is the bomb, remember that.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jax on Thu May 18, 2006 7:00 pm

hey im new here

Jax
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Thu May 18, 2006 7:30 pm

I know...>_>;;

Which is why I greeted you :D

So hello new persona. Again.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jax on Thu May 18, 2006 9:31 pm

im new and i will have a alligane to one and one alone my self

Jax
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Fri May 19, 2006 8:48 pm

Good for you ^_^

I just suggest proper grammar, your english teacher isn't there to be pissy you know.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sat May 20, 2006 12:41 am

Welcome to the forums Jax. We do prefer better grammar and sentence structure here, however that can be learned with time. If you would like any help jumping into some role play, feel free to ask anyone of the Admins or Moderators for help. There is a private messaging system built into this forum that you can use if you want to contact any one of us directly, or you can IM me on AIM at SinfulSoul4000.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

hi im new

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nozomi_Harasaki on Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:50 am

hi im new here my name is Demon_ninja_Hikaru. its nice to meet everyone here it really is. :mrgreen: :D

Nozomi_Harasaki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:31 am

Indeed, yet another big welcome!

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.