Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Teh Welcome Thread

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Rincewind on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:56 pm

Hey, I'm new, I'm Rincewind, I'm 12 years old, I'm an Uber-bookworm, and BOY am I overwhelmed...this place is huge!

Hope that I haven't given you reason to hate me by three days from now...and I have to go now. (@&#!ing early bedtimes.) See yous tomorrow.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

~Rincewind
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:06 pm

Awesome man! Glad you're here. It is most certainly good to see newcomers...

If there is ANYTHING I can help you with, just let me know... I'll be glad to do so.

Also, this place is huge, but there's still some things missing. If you think of something we don't have, let me know, I'll be glad to accomodate you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:37 am

Welcome mate. Glad to see a new face around. Master's right it is big but everyone here is pretty friendly so feel free to ask just about anyone for help.

Cheers

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

:)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Net-Connect on Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:50 am

Here I am, the new Member

Net-Connect
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reveroph on Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:56 am

Konnichiwa. Ore no namae wa Mashuu da. Juu rokusai da. Awesome to be here..I will be a vampire awesome dude from a story I write called Broken heart of steel, and if anyone wants to get to know me better, lemme know

Reveroph
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mizulu on Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:27 pm

Greetings!

Mizulu here!
Nice to meet you all XD

*Thinks:Seems to have a lot of males around....*
<.<
>.>
oh well xD!

I'm hoping to be able to expand my writing abilities here. I'm sure you guys won't mind helping with that ^.~

Have fun not to much!

*~Mizulu =3

Mizulu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:34 pm

My goodness. New members flowing in by the handful.

Welcome to GWing, the whole lot of you. If any of you need help with the forums...erm...ask Master.

Although if it's the chat you have an issue with, I can definitely take care of things on that account.

But I ramble on far too much. And I'm on vacation right now (>_>), so yeah, welcome again to everyone and stuff. Hooray for new people. Hope you all enjoy it here and have a wonderful time. ^^

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:00 am

(flushes in shame)

I'm sorry I haven't been around to welcome you all.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

We're very glad to have you.

:D :D :D :D :D

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darragh O'Brien on Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:01 pm

Hello this is me, been here before, sort of.

Darragh O'Brien
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:20 pm

Welcome to the site everyone, again!

I'm sorry I've missed so much, my internet over the weekend has been fritzy, at best. I'm at my wonderful chez petite amie... the first time I've had internet this weekend. Many welcomes, doubly and triply so in the time that I missed!

And Kouketsu's right on the head... anything about GWing specific features, ask me. Anything about chat, you can try the chat FAQ if Kouketsu is still vacation-ing. =D

Well, again... enjoy!

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuro_Tsuwamono on Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:30 pm

Wish I saw this earlier...

Well anyway...my name is Kuro Tsuwamono. I'm new here, obviously. I have been role playing for about a year and a half. I started at the official nintendo forum, Nsider, then moved to gaiaonline. I found this fourm on wikipedia.com (lol), and decided to try it out. I will respect your rules, since obviously things from attitude through in character behavior will be different. >.<

Well uh...I suppose I should start in the, The Colonial Naval Academy, eh?

Kuro_Tsuwamono
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:14 am

Well, depending on what kind of RP you're into, there are several places to begin. There's the multiverse, which can... have anything. You're free to run any kind of character you want there. There are several 'universes', as I'm sure you're seen, particularly with the AC Universe. If you're into Gundam and particularly Gundam Wing, that's the place to go. Feel free to jump right in.

There're a couple other areas, like the Naruto Universe, that aren't used as often as they'd be neglected, but areas like the Fantasy Universe are growing fast. Again, jump in wherever you're most comfortable.

If there's anything you need, ask me - or any of the other admins. Hey, even ask the users, they're awesome. Really friendly and all that.

Welcome to the site, by the way. ;D It's definitely good to see an experienced RPer find us.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:22 am

Wow, I wish I had seen this earlier. I've been here for about a week but I don't think I ever got the official welcome note. It's good to be back with some of you that I remember. I will probably be on here at least once a week when I get frustrated at work and need a short break. I don't know that I have the time to RP...I was never too much into that. But I love talking to old friends.

It's amazing how people you've never actually seen face to face can turn out to be better friends than those that surround you. Any time that I can be near Justin is a good time. And I'm already becoming better friends with Eric/Master. I'm glad I found this. Yay for Eric for creating it.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:05 pm

=]

Good to see you around again. I had more to say, but my brain just shut down. Ah well.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:40 am

Haha, thanks, April. I know what you mean. Today is one of those days for me. A very bad day for it to be this way, but it is. X_x.

It's good to see you again.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:52 am

Oh jeeze, I missed a lot of welcomes. Well, welcome everybody who I have missed. Eric is a very motivated Admin, so if you find any problems or feel there is something lacking, please let it be known. There is always room for improvement, and it never hurts to get one step closer to perfection.

As Eric stated above, there are multiple universes where you can role play, not just the After Colony. If you like Gundam Wing, the plot style, the mechanics, the technology, or anything in between, then by all means hop into the After Colony. I primarily role play there and if you're looking for a good place to start off and learn the ropes, Zhelir has created the Naval Academy to help train and familiarize yourself with the way things go on. However if you feel ready to tackle the role play, feel free to jump in anywhere that makes sense, be it on the Colonies or Earth, maybe the Meteor cluster of MO-V. If you're not into gundams, but like the time period, check out the Neo Nagasaki sub-thread in Asia where it's all out chaos in the streets.

There's something here for everyone, and if there's something missing, I'm sure a solution can be found. We're all willing to help no matter how basic the question, so please ask or reference the "FAQ" located at the bottom of your quick-link menu on the left side. A lot of us have made contact info available like AIM, MSN, E-mail etc., and I'm always on AIM. If you have a question, just leave me a message even if I'm not around, I'll get it eventually.

So, enough of me talking. Go out there and have fun!
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cryc on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:34 pm

HI!!
I'm really new here.
I started RPing in notebooks at school with my freinds. I thought there would be something really fun like that online so I checked!

Cryc
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikagae Monamusa on Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:32 pm

Well, new, very new, any help given is needed, wanted and welcomed. Nothing else to say. Nice to meet you all, I'm off to go do stuff... ^^;

Raikagae Monamusa
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:55 am

Welcome, you two. To be short and blunt, do whatever you want, wherever you want. =P. Feel free to jump into an RP anywhere, or start your own storyline.

As well, help can be found in the Guidelines forum, as well as the FAQ forum and FAQ link (the latter of which is off to the left, in the sidebar.) Much of the Guidelines forum is based around the AC part of our forums, however, due to it being our original RP.

Any questions, feel free to ask anyone, especially Master. Guy's newbie-friendly to boot. >_>.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aden Harrington on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:31 am

Yep, Zhelir's done a good job here.

Welcome again, I hope you find everything to your liking.

I think Zhelir's onto something with this Newbie-friendly stuff here.

Aden Harrington
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.