Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Teh Welcome Thread

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:17 am

Mhmmm.

Welcome to the both of you. It's good to see someone coming from a background like yours, Cryc... a good example of what we're here for. Thanks for joining the community.

Raikagae, welcome especially to you. Since you're new to the RP scene, you have an opportunity to avoid many of the fallacies of other players by learning early on. You seem mature enough to take things with a level head and be an excellent roleplayer, so I look forward to seeing you around.

For the both of you, people here are extraordinarily friendly, as referenced in the GWing is better than MySpace topic. They're always willing to lend helping hands and ears, so don't hesitate to ask anyone, especially our staff. You are also able to post questions and help requests in the FAQ forum, and you will be able to get some communal input on your issue. There's a couple subforums under there that are labelled appropriately, you both should be able to figure those out.

Thanks for taking time to visit GWing, you'll be glad you stayed.
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:09 am

Hi Cryc! ::waves::

I should've seen this and welcomed you before... but I'll do it now. You have already shown yourself as a good rper. I definitely appreciate your contribution to Carrick the Steady.

Raikagae, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Welcome to Gwing!

(I'm sorry Master, I'll try to show up here more often... hmmm.... ::clicks watch this topic::)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cryc on Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome! *waves back to miyumi* Oh yeah! Hi! Your really good on that one too!! *smiggle*
Um, yes, I have a question. How do you use avatars? I've been trying to change mine and have been failing miserably.

Cryc
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:43 pm

Are you talking about those generic avatars that come with the site, or the pictures you choose for yourself?

The first one isn't working right now...

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:21 am

Technically the second method isn't working either. What you're SUPPOSED to do is click on "Profile" up at the top of the screen near your user name, then click on "Avatar" and either upload one, link to one, or select one of the given ones (currently none).

However, since there is the issue of people being sent to other people's profiles, currently the option isn't functioning. But if you're lucky enough to stay on your own profile when selecting the "Avatar" option, well you're all set. Eric is working on a fix, but it may take some time. Be patient though, Eric is sure to find a fix as soon as it is possible.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:10 am

SinfulSoul wrote:cut for brevity... Eric is sure to find a fix as soon as it is possible.

Either that or start threatening the server with a large axe, a well known and popular IT technician technique from twenty years ago

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:11 am

Is it just me or does the quote function seem a little flakey just now?

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:11 am

Ah yes... The days of scaring your computers into working. I remember Apple well.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:09 pm

Yep, quote function no longer can specify who said something.

~_~

Working on that now.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:55 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much Eric, it is probably small beer compared to some things, I only noticed it just now so it's no big thing, to me anyway :)

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hybrid on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:08 pm

Im new here too ^^ even though I made a few posts before I found this thread o-o; Anyways hello everyone :D

Hybrid
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cryc on Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:24 pm

Hi there, Hybrid!
Anyway, yeah, I have drawn a picture for myself, and I've scanned it, so let me know when its fixed, and, by the way, good luck on that. Thank you for answering me, you guys. This site Rocks!!

Cryc
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:30 pm

Hello Hybrid. Welcome to GWing!

On the other topic- I'll move my comments to it to the breakage place... :D

miyumi
Member for 13 years

New..

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante'. on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:37 am

Hello all. :)

Dante'.
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celeste`Delcross on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:38 am

Guh.
Lordy.
Here we go.
'Lo.
New here obviously.
Name's Jess.
x_X
Was brought here more or less by fear of le Quickhand. ._.;
But here none the less. XD.

Celeste`Delcross
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:54 am

Whatever brought you here you are equally welcome, I am sure you will find something you like now that you are here :)

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:09 am

People Hi! Welcome and have a good a time.
In Exile

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:28 am

Hello Bura. Welcome to the forum!

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:00 am

Looks like we got a lot more new people since I left so, 'lo everybody and enjoy your stay.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cryc on Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:26 pm

*waves estatically to the new people!* Hi! Hi! Hi!

Cryc
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.