Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Teh Welcome Thread

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Teh Welcome Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:24 pm

Because it was requested, I'm making a thread for welcoming everyone.

I'll eventually provide links to help you out right here, but for now, I'm sure that you can ask me directly at admin@gwing.net if some of the wonderful people around here can't help.

edit: unstickied. Now has it's own forum.
Last edited by Remæus on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry wrote:If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jack on Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:28 pm

Okay, well I'd like to say im new. So here it goes...

... IM NEW! But you may ask why my member rank and credits are so superior =O! Easy answer my friends, im returning. Put simply- Hello gwing, im the newest guy to come!
"Is than an unfair advantage?"
"Yes"
"But im worth it ;D"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jack
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:27 pm

Alrighty then, glad to have you back. We need some more dedicated people.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Hey all

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xelphias on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:10 am

Hey there. I've been looking for a cool Gundam RP forum and this is what I found. Looks cool, and I can't wait to get into it.

Xelphias
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:24 am

Welcome to Gwing.net. If you have any questions, feel free to ask anyone. We're usually very willing to help.

Hope you enjoy this new home!
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

*Confoosed but here!*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:52 pm

Hello all. Most of you will recognize me as Saku. Lol. I've come to GW with some gentle persuasion from Master here. *Grins nervously at him.* You can put the gun down now, I swear I'll visit.

Now I must go forth and discover the nooks and crannies of this forum. ^^

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:48 am

Welcome to the boards, Kessa. Hey guys, I'm back. For good, I hope. xD
I had a little jail-time and family issues between the last time I said I was back and now.
But, it's all fine. -Thumbs up.-

Aarkon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:10 am

Welcome to the both of you! All of you! Back! Whatever!

*melts down*

There was no gun. I swear it.

Definitely good to see you on your own free will!

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:33 am

Hello Gwing world, yet another person has joined. I may start off small...very small...and have various newbie problems (Like not being able to figure out how to change my avatar.) But I promise I will roleplay as great as I can here, using my utmost greatest grammar and spelling. Thank you, and if anyone wants to point me in the right direction, please do so. - Your friend, Digit Masperia.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:05 am

using my utmost greatest grammar and spelling

Lol! I love your sense of humor!

Welcome to the forum.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

my...sense of..Humor! *Flashy lights*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:17 pm

Thank you, I try to be funny when I can. -Digit

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:28 pm

Oo-Ra. I must be such a noob. But i'm gonna start my own little thread about...me! Well, my character. But thats just if anyone cares. No relation with anything gundam or anything else...comepletely original. I made just one little IC post in the anything goes forum as my introduction. Someone go ahead and make that storylien flourish! -Oo-Ra, Digit

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:10 pm

Well, I can honestly say that I think you've posted more in your first day than any other newbie that's come here willingly -- y'know, not dragged here by their spurrs by Master, Me, Sinful, etc.

Anywho, welcome to GWing. Always good to have another good Roleplayer around. In the ways of being pointed in the right direction, Master's got a Welcome forum in the works, and very shortly (today or tomorrow) an Academy for Roleplayers starting in space should be open. Other than that, my only advice'd be to look around until ya find what ya want/need.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:17 pm

Well, I can honestly say that I think you've posted more in your first day than any other newbie that's come here willingly -- y'know, not dragged here by their spurrs by Master, Me, Sinful, etc.

lol, he's posted more than I did my first three days and I WAS dragged here by Master. :D

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:31 pm

Harhar, I plan to keep on posting too! I also plan to make myself known in a forum, because even though there are only (what, two people online besides HAL and Master?) I'm actually getting response here, form good roleplaying people. Thank you all. - Oo-Ra, Digit

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:34 pm

Does HAL count as a person? HAL is a bot, programmed by Master, so don't expect a reply from "him" anytime soon.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:34 pm

Very cool idea Dig. I was so bloody nervous when I hopped into this I didn't post anywhere but the RP, and I was also drug here kicking and screaming, well ok not really kicking and screaming.
In Exile

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:45 pm

I wanna be, the very best, the ebst there ever was...
Harhar. Poke'mon gave me a good view on life...or something like that. Ok now, More post'y, less talk'y!

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:33 pm

Ah, looks like I'm a bit late as usual. Well, welcome to the forums Digit_Masperia. Feel free to ask any questions, you won't be turned down. Here we strive to promote healthy involving RP, so if you would like to join in somewhere the first thing to consider would be whether you want to live on Earth or up in space on the Colonies. Obviously there is a great amount of latitude and you can do virtually anything theoretically possible in our setting, but at the same time it can be a bit overwhelming.

Three things to consider:
1. Location.
2. Profession.
3. Allegiance.

Once you make these three decisions, you'll be able to develop your character. I'm sure you'll find help both on Earth and in Space if you want it.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:46 pm

I'm an earth person, naturally, a lawyer, and allegiance...er...what allegiance's are we talking of? Like country? Sorry if I'm not well integrated in thsi entire storyline type thing.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.