Announcements: Universe of the Month Voting! » Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Universe of the Month Voting! » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Month Nominations » Universe of the Week! » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Temporary OOC Hangout

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Temporary OOC Hangout

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:57 pm

I'm surprised no one else made one of these.
How's everyones day going with chat down?
:P
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Temporary OOC Hangout

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Princess Awinita on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:00 pm

So far so good, at the moment right now I am using icechat, but my chatters seemed to have poofed on me..... But so far so good, back to the old forum way of doing things though. Darn
"What happens in Hyperspace stays in Hyperspace" ~ Cynthiana of House Kuat concerning her and her husband Radimus' 'training sessions'

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Princess Awinita
Member for 11 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Storyteller Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy Beta Tester Lifegiver Property Buyer Bug Hunter Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 pm

You act like that's a bad thing!
I remember joining those online text based 'empire' games, and you would always have a dedicated thread to just goofing off.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Princess Awinita on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:36 pm

Yup, I used to do such a game, but there was not just one thread for goofing off, there were dozens. The game itself was called ASWoT {A Serious Waste of Time} and it was a weird place if I say so myself, forum based, which meant slower site and having to wait.

Then I got so used to RPing through a chat system on here and now I am back to forum posting {which means writing, posting, refreshing, waiting, refreshing some more, waiting some more, reading new posts, writing reply, posting reply, waiting, refreshing, waiti... etc}

But with chat it was pretty instant ;)

Princess Awinita
Member for 11 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Storyteller Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy Beta Tester Lifegiver Property Buyer Bug Hunter Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klein on Wed May 01, 2013 4:56 am

Looks like its still down, well hopefully it won't be much longer until it comes back up there hasn't been much to do in the last past few days really. I refuse to use that weird..tagging post thing and I'm not particularly found of the Forums :X

Klein
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Wed May 01, 2013 8:04 am

I'm annoyed but I have shit to do elsewhere so it's not like it's a big deal. I just wish there was an instachat set up for OOC whatnots. I don't like forum threads,
Hey you like art? Check this junk out, man!

CrashQueen
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Wed May 01, 2013 8:38 am

I'm barely in chat anymore, so it doesn't affect me much. But I know there's a dedicated set of folks who at least enjoy each other's chatting company even if they can't chat RP. So I went ahead and made a temp chat room on some free chat room site. It has a password to prevent random URL spambots from stumbling in and what not, so be sure to remember to type that in. Other than that, it's just a simple chat room and completely unmoderated, so, y'know, use common sense and don't be total dicks. Feel free to use it until our chat is back up, and spread the word to more of the regulars if you're feeling lonely.

Unofficial Temp RolePlayGateway™ Hangout

Password:RolePlayGateway

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 am

I'll be honest, I only pop in chat rarely these days. When I do it's because someone has requested a scene or some such. OOC has gotten to extreme levels of ridiculousness for me, and I usually wind up lurking and distracted.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed May 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Chat is running again.

Jag
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mariasam on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:08 am

I like it very much thanks for sharing this information with us….:)

mariasam
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!