Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Chronicles of Valore

Terra: The Remnants (Prose Storyteller)

a part of “Chronicles of Valore”, a fictional universe by Tiko.

A land of legend and fantasy. From the icy peaks of Terra to the barren wastelands of Caldonia. From the fantastical lands of Aelora to the cursed woodlands of G'ael. Come write your own story in Chronicles of Valore.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Chronicles of Valore”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Terra: The Remnants (Prose Storyteller)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat May 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Guild Name: Remnants of the Circle
Guild Purpose: Protecting Terra by ridding the land of undesirables be they man, creature, or mixed of blood.
Guild Insignia: A blade, arrow, and quill wrapped in a white circle
Guild Motto: "We are the Blade, the Mind, and the Shadow."
Group Page: Click Here for Group Page

Member Ranks
  • Peon: Page (for all divisions)
  • Novice: Apprentice (for beast hunters) Acolyte (for explorers) Shade (for head hunters)
  • Adept: Steward (for beast hunters) Script (for explorers) Prowler (for head hunters)
  • Journeyman: Ranger (for beast hunters) Scholar (for explorers) Stalker (for head hunters)
  • Veteran: Guardian (for beast hunters) Cartographer (for explorers) Assassin (for head hunters)
  • Master: Warden (for beast hunters) Historian (for explorers) Executioner (for head hunters)
  • Leaders - The Sentinel (for beast hunters) The Chronicler (for explorers) The Speaker (for head hunters)

Mission Ranks
  • Peon: One-Man Missions
  • Novice: One-Man Missions
  • Adept: One-Two Man Missions
  • Journeyman: One-Three Man Missions
  • Veteran: Two-Three Man Missions
  • Master: Three-Five Man Missions
  • Legendary: (rare - all group event)

Locations in Valore (Guild Halls)

Terra
  • Midlands
  • Eastlands
    • Mardahak Hall (also known as Easthall): Mardahak Hall, in the village of Garrenford, is the more modest of the guild's establishments. It is made in the fashion of a wood longhouse. The common room serves as the meeting hall and council hall as well as feasting hall. Barracks are found beneath on the second floor, under the earth. A stone fenced yard serves as practice rooms while a modest forge lays on the side.
  • Varnathus
    • H'varell Hall (also known as Varnhall): H'varell Hall lays in ruins after the guild deserted the location once overwhelmed by refugees and invading hostile persons. All that stands is the remnants of tall towers, and half of the main house. All else is crumbled stone and burnt wood.
  • Westlands
    • Lorran Hall (also known as Westhall): Lorran Hall is the most stable guildhall for the Remnants of the Circle. Its stone walls and central location in the Westlands, provides an ample opportunity for defense as well as offense towards the undesirables—if ever need be. It lays in the city of Rhuran, providing jobs for the denizens who reside there. Lorran Hall has its own forge, training yard, gardens, kitchens, dining hall, reception hall, council hall, and barracks for those who wish to live inside the guildhall. It is easily comparable to a miniature city within a city.
    • Parth Hall (also known as New Westhall): Parth Hall named after one of the guild's founders is the most recently established guildhall. It is still being build, the lumber still green and pliant while stone mortar continues to bake beneath the sun. Workers are always present and reside in tents which span out across what will be the training yard.

Story Teller Notes
Adding a Character to the Remnants of the Circle: Any character may be allowed into the guild as long as they are willing to serve the realm. Roleplayers may make a specific character or can choose to use an existing character. Players may also take part in other plots as this is meant to expand a character without a definite plot. It is meant to be used as background and/or nurture character interaction and growth as well as provide a short term or long term alleviation of lack of interaction while waiting for other posts. Before taking part in the guild with a plot-made character for a Storyteller's plot, it is recommended to get permission to use that character in the guild.

Update: There is a plot forming in the RotC but does not have to be participated in if a player does not wish. However, if directly interacted with, players must respond in kind denying or accepting whatever situation is at hand. Only acknowledgement is required.

Player Activity: Players may drop or join at any point. However, it is respectful to give an ending to why a character is leaving and a notification Out of Character (OOC) so the Story Teller (ST) may remove that character from the Group Page.

Ranks: Ranks will be assigned via In Character (IC) interaction and decided via Out of Character (OOC) beforehand. Age and/or experience will be a major determining factor on what rank a character is issued.

Achieving Higher Ranks: For a character to gain a higher rank, they must participate in events such as beast hunting, man (man being general term for humanoid creatures, not necessarily human) hunting, exploring/discovering new locations, or all of the aforementioned. The higher rank achieved the more respect from fellow members will be gained and sometimes "special" missions will be given to that character. A higher rank also means a higher renown in Terra, and more experience with combat, reading/writing/discovery, or stealth skill, etc, depending on the character's chosen division as well as a high pay in food, material, land, etc. It is highly recommended to work from the bottom up in rank. Characters must participate in five missions of equal or higher level of their own rank in order to move up to the next rank.

Missions: Missions will be ranked accordingly and more than one may take place at a single time. However, if a character is committed to a mission it must be completed first before the take on another mission. Characters do not have to participate in any missions whatsoever if they so choose as it is on a voluntary basis, however, neglect of duties will force the guild to reject their membership. Positions as cook, mason, forge master, etc, will be available options but lower pay. The Story Teller (ST) does not have to assign each mission. Players may make their own missions of their own volition but must be posted in the Out of Character (OOC) Thread and must be approved by the Story Teller to determine mission rank.
  • Example: A post is pinned to the board calling for removal of a pack of wolves. This mission would be classified as Adept. However, a call for rat removal will be Peon or Novice. Dragon Slaying would be classified as Master or Legendary.

Mission Ranks: Characters may choose any ranked mission they please however there comes a stipulation. The higher ranked missions must fulfill the minimum character number requirements before that mission can be started. In example: A two man mission must have two parties or more.

Guild Leaders: All guild masters are currently minor characters (characters in which all roleplayers may write collaboratively) and do not belong to a single player. Abuse of the guild masters will force the Story Teller (ST) to revoke this privilege. There are three in every guildhall, one from each division. The Guild Masters do not have names but are merely referred to by their titles.

Guild Division Leaders: Division Leaders can be characters played by a single roleplayer. However, the Game Master expects common sense to be used when making a character or adding a previously owned character. They will not be some young man/woman/being but aged, withered, experienced, knowledgable in their field, and are expected to have a great amount of history in the Remnants of the Circle. These characters must be approved by the Story Teller (ST) before they are inserted into the guild officially and then assigned a Hall. It is highly recommended to work from the bottom up in rank.

Guild Insignia: As long as a character is part of the guild, they must have the insignia on embroidered on their clothes, or marked in some fashion in the guild's design to represent the Remnants of the Circle. Violations are allowed but will be handled In Character (IC) if the character is caught. All characters are given a cloak clasp made from iron in the make of the sigil as well as a red cloak.

Break Down of Divisions
  • Beast Hunters: This division is for those that wish to only seek out beasts/creatures/non-humanoids to claim a bounty on. This is a PVE (player versus environment) atmosphere were the roleplayers do not need to include other characters, depending on rank.
  • Explorers: This division is for those that wish to specialize in gaining knowledge of the realm by traveling, reading/writing on the findings, and mapping the continent. They do not have to partake in any combat scenario.
  • Head Hunters: This division is for those that wish for PVP (player versus player) writing collaboration. If a character has a bounty on their head, it will be posted for the guild in which a guild member may learn of the bounty to seek out the wanted character.

Plot Updates
  • 04/14/2012: Farith Volantis appoints herself as The Chronicler at Rosept Hall, claiming that both the previous Chronicler and Sentinel have fallen in duty. Letters were sent to each guildhall, spreading the news.
Last edited by Prose on Mon May 14, 2012 10:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Re: Terra: The Remnants (Prose Storyteller)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HitoriRaven on Sat May 12, 2012 11:09 pm

First!

Djarren

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HitoriRaven
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnosis on Sun May 13, 2012 7:19 pm

I hope to use Alister Royce in a future story. In any case, I'm sure he'll fit in somewhere.
"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

Hypnosis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Mon May 14, 2012 9:53 am

I love him Hypnosis. I've been trying to get him added to the Group, but it seems to be difficult due to his name. I will prod Tiko and see what needs to be done.

Edit: I spoke about it with Tiko and she said the only way to fix this problem will be resubmitting Alister without the ("The Mapmaker") portion of his name. /group add <character name> is not accepting non-alphanumericals. This will have to be done before he can be accepted into the guild.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnosis on Mon May 14, 2012 1:58 pm

I fixed the character, Prose; my apologies for the inconvenience. I have a potential plan for him to be a bigger character than he seems now, and for that I was trying to add a little mystery; the whole "The Mapmaker" thing was my attempt at doing that. I'll just include it solely in the writing, and lead up to whatever may come.

Hypnosis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Mon May 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Thanks! I got it all fixed up for you. He's on the Group list now and good to go.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Mon May 14, 2012 2:20 pm

You could put the The Mapmaker title in his synopsis. That will display in the brief preview beneath his name. I find that's typically a better place for such things.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu May 17, 2012 1:54 am

Herp. Well a hiccup went down for a second due to Tiko (s'all her fault, blame her for it not moving too much since opening), and I'm gonna get this back onto track after some sleep. HitoriRaven, I'm going to help introduce your character Djarren and his meeting with Farith since she is acting as Chronicler for the time being at Rosept Hall. It'll take place the morning after her initial post (which will be edited later on down the road just to add afterward detail).

Hypnosis, if you want in on the action going down at Rosept Hall, let me know and I can write some faceless characters to get your character to come into the Midlands. I'm rather good at making in-depth side characters, actually, so it would be no problem for me at all. Hell, might even use my sellsword to do it and the mage. They need some love until Patcharoo throws down his plot.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lilyWhite on Mon May 21, 2012 12:07 pm

I think Mirele might find joining the guild useful for her studies. I'll try to post once I'm sure I have a useable reception. >_<"
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong."

lilyWhite
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Mon May 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Awesome. I'll be more than happy to have you on board, lilyWhite. Just let me know what ideas you have for her in the guild such as rank. I was leaning more toward a Script.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lilyWhite on Thu May 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Script seems like it would fit Mirele. She's a traveller, so any guild hall would be fine for her. (Also, sorry about taking so long to respond. >_<")

lilyWhite
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnosis on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Dang, Prose. I'm so sorry it's taken so long for me to respond! I was looking at the general OOC, instead of specifics, and I guess I just missed your post. What did you have in mind for Alister? I could certainly try to put something up in the next day or so, to join in!

Hypnosis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingGirl on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Hokay. Now that things are settled down from the move, I can once again start to concentrate on Valore. I know lilyWhite has been having problems so I will let her just chill for a moment until she can get things situated on her end. As for Alister, you can easily just send him to Rosept Hall in order to pay respects to the deceased/previous Chronicler. That's only if you want to join in on this little tid-bit of RP, which isn't necessary as stated in the first post.

If you have another idea as to how he'd be interjected into the RP, let me know. I'm more than willing to toss ideas back and forth.

FYI: This is Prose but this is also my alt. I'm going to leave my non-Multiverse RP characters on here just for organization's sake.

NotAFlyingGirl
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!