Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Thank you roleplaygateway

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Thank you roleplaygateway

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:27 pm

Today is my 19th birthday. I took work off and have nothing to do all day, but I've been thinking about writing this for a while now. I've been an on again, off again member of roleplaygateway for 4 years now, since back when I was 15. In hindsight, my writing was shitty, my interests were dumb, and I wasn't all that smart. I came to roleplaygateway because someone I knew on another forum had posted a link here, and I was interested. I never thought I would become as invested as I have since then.

I don't think many people know, but I've dealt with depression for much of my life. As much as I try to tell myself to suck it up and be a man, there were days when I can't even get out of bed. Getting up and going to work was the worst thing imaginable. I would think about quitting on the spot every single minute while I was working, but I didn't. I had something to look forward to. Video games would lose their appeal when I was in a depression. Sports couldn't get my attention. TV made it worse. I had to create something, and I'm not good at drawing or painting or sculpting, and I can't sing or play any instruments, but anyone can type.

Roleplaygateway is what got me through most days. Long days in boring classes were spent thinking about my character in my current roleplay. Granted, I probably should have payed attention in Pre-Calc, but roleplaygateway allowed me to not just create something wonderful, but also to be someone other than myself, and even make friends doing it. It took my mind off of how I felt about my own life.

I'm rambling at this point. I know this isn't as eloquently written as some other life stories, but it will have to do. the point is, roleplaygateway and her community helped me through a very rough time in my life, and I might not have made it to today without you guys, so thank you all so much. I love you guys.
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 12 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Re: Thank you roleplaygateway

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:46 pm

You've come pretty far and none of us can take full credit for you overcoming your struggles. We're always happy to help, but remember you did almost all the work to become the "you" you are today.

I hope you stick with us for a bit longer.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arke
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Solo!

Happy Birthday!

I, for one, am happy you've stuck around. While I can't speak for others, I can certainly say that no matter how brief our interaction you have positively impacted my life and time here on RPG as well. It goes both ways, bud!

I hope you've had an amazing birthday, and I hope the next few years increase exponentially for the best. I'm looking forward to seeing you around here again / more. I don't know where you are, but where I'm from you are a LEGAL ADULT!

Cheers to you and your nineteen years!

<3

Modesty
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:03 pm

Oh I most definitely will stick around. This place is too fantastic to leave for good. : )

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 12 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:31 am

Solo!

Happy Birthday, man. And if I played some tiny little part in making your experience here into something that awesome, you are absolutely welcome. If I didn't, I'm happy it was great all the same. I'm glad you're part of the community; you bring a lot of creativity and narrative gusto to it, two things which are always welcome! (^_^)
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:55 am

Of course you did Kiku! Writing with you is always an honor. Great picture and sig by the way!

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:23 am

It's never easy to admit you are fighting depression, or to say thanks to those that help you. Even with a hobby as fascinating as RP to zing you up, beating the condition is never easy. Man, you are a total class act!

Hope you'll accept my total salutations!

Alan23
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!