Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Alternates #1: Define Good

a part of “The Alternates #1: Define Good”, a fictional universe by JayZeroSnake.

We're not the first Superheroes, nor are we the first adolescent heroes. We're just experimenting with 'justice.'

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Alternates #1: Define Good”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:55 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Alternates #1: Define Good"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

"Join The Corps!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: The Alternates #1: Define Good

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Reckon I'm gonna try for the Beef. Probably won't have his profile finished for the next couple hours, though, so I just know somebody's gonna come along and snag him while I'm gone.
in love, nothing is eternal but drinking your wine
there is no reason for bringing my life to you, other
than losing it.
I said, I just want to know you and then disappear.
you said, knowing me does not mean dying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Welp, guess I'll try to make a sheet for mr. Captain.

Obviously you don't do reservations, just hope you'll keep in mind I'll be writing a sheet. (:P)
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Aw yeah. The bros are here first.

Hey, don't worry. I'll take every sheet into consideration. I'll give them a full read, and voice any complaints I have.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Scratch that, we just got our first female audition sheet.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SirLancelot on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:51 pm

I should of been quicker to get here. I don't want to send in a sheet if you've got most of your team filled out already. I would of loved to send in a character app but I can't play a girl, never make a convincing girl. Well if you ever decide you need a newbie to join the group let me know.

SirLancelot
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Any chance of more male spots opening up?
I should go.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:12 pm

No, but if you're vying for one of the current spots, go ahead and make a sheet. I'll choose whoever has the better character submission.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrphicTrumpeter on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Ugh, sorry. I submitted an unfinished sheet riiiiight when my computer had one of like sixteen critical failures. The good news is that I'm done with the project for today, though. So I'll finish the sheet I started up at some point later today.

OrphicTrumpeter
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aesop on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:57 pm

I see 3 superheroes RP open right now.
What makes this one particularly special? Unless you've got like... super penguins... And I've got my character idea: A super-smart, sentient penguin that has to sneak back into his igloo and tell his penguin-wife what he spent the night doing all the time...

Aesop
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OurStars on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Is it alright to use face claims for the characters, or should I switch over to comic book/anime/etc pictures?
OurStars

OurStars
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Finished my profile for 'the Beef'.

I tried to work in some sort of witty little thing in there, like 'just served up the beef' or something incredibly dumb like that, but no matter how I tried to say it, it just came out sounding either really stupid or incredibly gay.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:06 pm

@Aesop: These aren't just a group of young crusaders. They're literally a bunch of pieces from several very different puzzles, slapped together forcefully. Their beliefs mostly conflict in some way, but their goals are the same.

This is a group that isn't out there to be 'the next generation' simply because they are young. They do not understand what 'Justice' means, and feels they have to find their own definition of the word in a world where everyone has their own viewpoint.

It's meant to have an actual, connected universe similar to that of an actual comic book. I plan to try and integrate other super teams, major heroes of this universe, common elements, and whatever else I can to make this feel… big.

A 'Super-Penguin' could fit in. I actually have this idea for an alternate dimension in which anthromorphic cartoon characters from a primarily fantasy world immigrate to our Earth, specifically to 'Spectacle City,' a place on the west coast.

@Comrade: The Beef is brilliant. I especially love how he responds to Drake. XD
Last edited by JayZeroSnake on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:19 pm

Hey guys, big heads up: I'm going to put the first post down early as soon as I can get to it, and it'll primarily encompass the present main characters, my character being the first one to a meeting between them all. Any recommendations? Like maybe a meeting place of interest?

I'd also like to let you all know when the story really begins, everyone at least knows each other's names, and their reputation. Like, most of them are already fairly well acquainted, and are trying to tackle their first case.

Speaking of that first adventure, what evils could they battle in this first episode?

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrphicTrumpeter on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:51 am

I'm done! I left the role I was applying for in there, though. Sorry about that. Otherwise, completed character sheet!

OrphicTrumpeter
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Just thought I'd let you know Orphic, the image you used for Sia doesn't seem to be working. At least not for me. If it turns out everyone else can see it and it's just me ignore this :x

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrphicTrumpeter on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:35 pm

The 100X100, you mean, or the one in the profile? The 100X100 doesn't work for me either, @_@ So I stopped trying to submit it with a 100X100. If it's the one in the profile, though, I can fix that.

OrphicTrumpeter
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Neither, though the 100x100 always seems to be that way. Can't see it unless you look at the character from a different computer than the one used to upload the image. But yeah, it's the one in the profile.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrphicTrumpeter on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:26 pm

Alright, I **think** I fixed it. Just let me know if it's still not showing!

OrphicTrumpeter
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Image in your sheet? Yeah, that's showing.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!