Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Ancients Amulets

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Ancients Amulets

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:28 pm

"No ... you are not, you are a bearer of keys, give it to me." Sweat had matted his hair to his head, it was a gruesome sight, Blood dripping from the swords in both hands. "you are disarmed and outmatched. Give me your key, and I shall not reveal you." Throwing the smaller heavier sword that he had taken, He loosed the key that was emenating the calming aura around his person.

Immeadetly it's area of effect multiplied, it reached out around maybe 30 feet around it, calming and healing all within it's range. He was releived, to touch the power of his lady again, was pure bliss. "You must give me your Key, It is Imperative!" using his magic to achieve the reverse effect he had used earlier, he made it near impossible to hear them. "I need the keys."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:33 am

Now Zanos was in a pickle, his first need told him to enter the keep, and grab what he needed. His second was to protect his brethern, who was currently being harassed by the angelic being. Zanos stood still, hand on his chin, wondering what he should do. On one hand, he could leave the dorai, grab the goods, then make his wealth, but, on the other hand, that would mean letting the angel have the key, which couldn't be a good thing at all. Unfortunatly, if he attacked the angel, then his life would be at risk, and he would jepordize his "grabbing of the goods", although, if he succeded, then he would keep the key out of the angel's hands.

"This is a tough one" Zanos said quietly to himself, then, a plan unfolded in his head, it required a simple response from two people. Zanos picked up a rock, and threw it hard at the angelic figure, the rock hit the angel square in the spine, right between his wings. Zanos smiled, phase 1 complete. He admireded his handiwork for a millisecond, then sprinted off towards the keep...
Sanity is just a limitation

If I was normal, then why would you even acknowledge me?

Go Eagle Go!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raigi on Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:04 am

The angel wanted the key, the very key he'd risked his life to attain and protect. He'd faced a man so terrifying his name alone held power within the realms of legend and escaped with little more than his life. It was pure luck and blind faith that had kept him alive this whole time but this angel had showed hatred for mortals. Their goals were different and Raigi knew that deep inside the key was not going to be used to repair the bond between mortal and Dorai but to sever it altogether. Before he knew what was going on they almost seemed to be in a world of their own, the voices around them drowned out as the keys white magics were tapped into. Extraordinary was the power to those that already held power over the gift, the sheer strength one key could provide was mind boggling. Just as Raigi was frozen in time with the angel he gave his answer. "I cannot give you the key, I faced the grand master for it, I had to take it from duran himself!"

The young Dorai's words couldn't have been true, nobody had ever lifted such a priceless and eternal item as this from one wielding such strength and cunning, yet here one stood, a lowly boy who cowered before a being far greater than him with an object he had no true understanding of. This boy couldn't have crossed swords with a legend, and it must've been a tale to tell how he acquired it. "I took it to protect the mortals from his wrath...." Came another low eep from his mouth, he was still petrified with fear,at least until the rock hit the angel in the back. That was all Raigi needed to snap himself out his stupor and he ran. In the confusion he barely managed to slip free of the angels vicelike grip though he lost a glove in the process which the angel still clutched. His hands were like a humans but furry showing his kind weren't too far from being human themselves, made much like the image of the godess original favored children. He slipped through an alleyway, but how could he outrun something that could fly?

It hit him, the keep was enclosed, he couldn't easily fly from room to room there and Raigi with his quick run could likely move about faster inside. The glow of the amulet faded, the Dorai boy for some reason not using it to aid his escape. Why wouldn't he tap into its power? Did he even know how to? This boy was a strange one in the way he acted, protectig a people that hated his very existance and not even using his gift to save his own skin. With a bound he was on the bridge, bolting to the huge double doors of the Coritani Keep. A beautiful castle set in the center of town, this place was not only built for war but it was also the most elengantly crafted structure in the kingdom, its throne room alone holding over 40 different stained glass depictions of ancient battles and saints. The pillars themselves were carved from marble and had vines cut into them almost making it appear as if the building itself was alive. Everything seemed so strongly built though, this place was a varitable fortress waiting to be delpoyed in times of need, with enough room to house nearly the entire cities population within. Raigi stopped at the doors, pulling frantically on them but the were so heavy they only budged a little, it was taking him longer than he wanted to get in but he was close, so close he though to his safe house. it wasn't open much when hurled himself at a crack, his lithe body trying to squeeze through but his sword that he'd picked up during his run back through the alley was caught on the door causing him to shift and stuggle. No he wouldn't be caught, he'd escaped Duran in a way much like this! He could do it again but the angel did if it was quick have enough time to get to his feet before they slide through.
- Raigi Fanlith

Raigi
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakob Gray on Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:07 pm

OOC: Lol at the use of Demonite, though different from what I've always used it as. XD

Jacques jumped down from the roof of a building from where he had been watching the fight and flight of the Dorai. No one had heard his quiet applause to the two who had destroyed the demons. He had caught the furry hand of the Raigi with his eye. He was no mere Dorai. With a flick of his wrist, his lock pick had opened the back door to the Manor bedrooms in seconds within the keep. Stealing and lockpicking had become so easy for him ever since he had stolen that strange key from that wizard. It held some enchantment, but Jacques didn't have a clue as to the fact that it was what made his thieving abilities that much better.

OOC: If it interferes with the story line, I'll edit the possession of a Key in Jacques' stuff out.

Jakob Gray
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:01 am

Staring at the abandoned Glove in his hand, Valesh's anger reclaimed him, Two-fold as the aura of his key retreated, tapping into the essence of his key, he patched his wounds, any looking would see them heal at a rapid rate, thinking it an effect of his divinity. Still stunned, Valesh looked around, He could not see the boy, nor did he care much that he had escaped. If they encountered each other again, he would slay him, although, the boy must have great potential to have even escaped from Duran, the Dorai was amazing, very similar to Himself in the Aspect of Purpose.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:15 am

Name: Canis excolo
Race: Sprite - Half-Dorai (Jackal/Human)
Description: Tall and slender, he stands at about six feet, and weighs about 80kgs. he wears a plain light brown shirt and blue denim pants. he has short, messy reddish-brown hair, and the only visible 'spritish' thing about him in his current form is his eyes, which are deep purple with thin slits for pupils. he wears thin steel Gold and blue pattern bracelets (Egyptian style) tightly around his wrists, Neck and ankles, which his tribe believes will stop him from turning fully into an animal when he gets his Anthropomorphic powers.
Bio: an orphan who's Dorai-sprite and Dorai-human parents were killed during the uprising, he was rescued by a Tribe who Worshiped a Night goddess of their own religion. due to his being a Half-sprite, his Anthropomorphic 'gifts' have still yet to come. but it is believed that his gift will come at the turn of his eighteenth birthday, along with his Dorai powers, which are already growing.
Last edited by isafos on Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

isafos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raigi on Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:10 pm

Raigi had made it into the keep, barely avoiding certain death at the hands of a great angel. He wouldn't be able to so easily hide himself now with his glove gone. How could he have been so unlucky as to face both Duran and a divine being of the goddess, was everything working against him. Raigi was about to fall into despair, he had little money left for running and he couldn't settle long enough to earn a proper paycheck to replenish what he needed. Today he'd spoiled himself eating out trying to raise his spirits but it hadn't worked. The sound of footsteps made him snap out of his self pity, GUARDS! he had to hide. With light feet he scrambled his way behind a statue trying to mimic its stance the only evidence that he was there being the end of a mantle hanging down.

The guards came into sight, two heavily armored men with short swords and shields their helmets made of finely crafted steel, padded on the inside for comfort. "I'm telling you I heard something back here." The taller one stated, the shorter one with an annoyed look across his maw. "It's been noisy lately and you're too paranoid, nobody comes to the keep unannounced anymore. It's just your imagin...ation?" The double doors were open a crack and there was no way the wind could've opened it. Raigi had just put the place on alert by accident. The two guards looked at eachother then back at the door and scrambled off toward the armory to raise the alarm, yelling would've done no good this far from it.

When the two were gone Raigi let out a sigh of relief, he was safe for the moment, his luck holding out but how much longer could it? He didn't know this place so he had to wing his route, he made a left at the first turn he could and found himself ascending a staircase to the second floor of the keep. Damnation, ANOTHER long hallway but this one had doors luckily, it must've been sleeping quarters for the castle servants. Quietly he slipped his through the halls, doing his best not to make a sound but as he reached the end of the hall he saw a light coming up the staircase he had just climbed. Soldiers he immediately thought as he scrambled to yet another staircase leading him to the third floor, the soldiers stopping to search the rooms he had just passed by. Using all fours he bounded off the steps and found himself in an elegantly crafted ball room, this must've been the royal dining area. It looked like it'd been prepared for a party with flowers hanging in strings from the cieling and chandaliers. The tablecloths a fine dark red with silverware, plates and goblets at every seat. So this was it was like to be royalty.

He stood dumbfounded for a moment taking in the sights and taking notice of the raised platform with a door behind it as well as the grand double doors to his right which likely would've led to the royal sleeping quarters, armory and throne room. He was about to explore the door on the raised when he heard two sets of footsteps coming up the stairs. Why him? With a bound he burst through the double doors, shutting them behind himself and locking them. Sadly when he turned around he was greeted from the of the half by two guards pointing at him with swords drawn. Raigi froze as the guards started to inch closer. "Surrender assassin, you've lost." One of the guards exclaimed. Raigi didn't know what he was talking about, he wish no harm on these mortals. With a last ditch effort he ran again, nearly avoiding the killing edge of a short sword as he was persued by two then three soldiers all heavily armed. So this was it then? He'd be killed by the very thing he sought to protect. He burst through the final set of double doors only to at the behest of all his bad luck end up in the throne room, human king Alexander sitting proudly atop his throne with royal guards surrounding him.

Imagine the shock that took the room as a scared, frantic young man shut the doors behind him locking them. He'd thought he'd gotten a break but when he turned around he was staring down the blades of 5 guardsmen who were just waiting for the order to strike. Raigi was backed into a corner the young human lord staring at him. "What is the meaning of this intrusion?" He called to which Raigi could only urp out a meep. Raigi sank to his rear staring out at the cold faces that surrounded him, his luck had finally run dry his escape cut short by mortals. "I mean no harm!" Was what he wanted to say but only air came from bated breath as the king became more irritated. "Throw him in the dungeon, we'll let Derrick deal with him. Before he could react his weapon was taken and he was grabbed by the shoulders and arm, his head hung low as he was led off toward the basement floor, by 6 guardsmen, how could he have ended up like this? He only wanted to help was it so wrong?

They were going to interrogate him, torture him until he spoke and if he didn't give them the right answer or really if he gave them any answer at all he'd be sentenced to hang for being dorai. He was losing hope fast as he was thrown onto the cold dark floor of a dungeon cell. The only comfort being a slightly padded bed behind him which he took a seat on to wait for his ultimate demise. He hung his head, his hands disappearing into his hood likely trying to hide face. He just couldn't come to terms with this, he still had so much work to do. His blade now lie with the rest of the confiscated items in the holding cell at the front of the prison.
Last edited by Raigi on Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Raigi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:41 am

"they got you too?" he said, looking at the Dorai. he was slumped against the damp wall. he had been caught by the guards trying to escape the city when the fighting broke out. he was really screwed now. he had been caught, a DORAI. he'd be executed by tomorrow. "at least they didn't find this." he muttered to himself, pulling his key out of his pocket and looking at it.

isafos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raigi on Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:26 pm

Raigi had lost all hope when a voice came from the cell next to him. He didn't turn to look at the person or really answer for quite a while so he never noticed the key that person held. For some reason though, despite his dark coverings he almost looked like he had a bit of an illuminating glow around him to isafos. None of the other guards would notice this but his key allowed him to see the outline of power that his own key provided mixed with his trouble personality. "I don't know who you are but yes.....I tried to run from... someone, and I got caught by guards. I uh...I've been kind of having bad luck ever since I left home." He replied quietly but with some despair in his voice. He layed down on his makeshift bed staring out of his hood at the wall resting as he waited for what was to come.

Raigi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:18 pm

"running from an Angel?" he said to himself, blinking and looking down at his hand, realizing he was gripping the key. "uh, i'm sorry." he said awkwardly, dropping the key next to him. "i'd drive you insane." he said. he had already tried to abandon that key once. it must have been imbued with magic, because it showed up in his pocket ten minutes later. and that damned 'mind reading' stuff. he gritted his teeth, trying to take his mind off his predicament. "are you a sprite?" he asked curiously, looking over at the cloaked form in the cell next to him.

isafos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakob Gray on Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:31 pm

"Ah, the rewards of chaos." Jacques breathed, laughing inwardly. He had managed to unlock the four separate locks keeping an ornate golden chest closed. He looked at what he had stumbled across. A golden chalice! He wondered how he had never come across this room before in his past visits. He picked it up, half expecting to trigger an alarm. It was beautiful, diamonds in it and everything. He put it in his pack, concentrating on keeping quiet.

It was when he closed the lid did anything happen. He was careless enough to let the quite heavy - at least to him - clang shut as it closed. Damnit!! Jacques silently cursed, rage showing on his dark gray skin.

"W-w-what was that?" Jacques heard as he left the manor bedroom silently. It was a guard, only about 18 years old at the most.
"What was what?" A deep baritone voice asked.
"I heard something. Sounded like it was something closing."
"Huh. Let's go see."

Jacques was nearly running away from the voices, the chalice clinging up against the small amount of items in his pack.
"The lord's goblet has been taken!"
The guards had discovered the chest's plunder. And as he heard some loud footsteps of armored feet running down the hallway towards the bedrooms, Jacques reacted purely on instinct. He ducked into a small room, hiding behind a bed. When he was sure of the guard's passing, he went back into the hallway, and down the stairs. He had entered an unfamiliar area of the keep- but he had no other choice, the guards were most likely guarding the back entrance, now that they had discovered he had broken in. The stonework had become less attractive as he went down the stairs, and it was slightly damp. There was only one place he could be- the dungeon.

Jakob Gray
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:08 pm

he blinked, looking around as he heard footsteps. he didn't need the key to know whoever was in the cell next to him was probably thinking the same thing he was. he sighed, slamming his fist wearily into the ground. he had almost started to hope there was a chance of them getting out alive. why is he running from an angel? he thought, glancing down at the key for a moment. no, it's not right. he gritted his teeth, sighing again.

isafos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:34 pm

Lifting his nose, He inhaled, Deeply, more scent's had joined that of the original key's. two as it seems. one of the Woe bringers among them. Of the six keys three enhanced effects, more often for the negative. this particular one, was that which he had been hunting. The key of luck would vastly improve his chances of retrieving the other's, and reviving the goddes of mana. who would destroy these rebels, and restore her sister. Goddess of Life. It was folly to think they could hide. Taking flight. He moved rapidly towards the keep. the Scent, and aura's coming from there where amplified 200 fold. anyone who could pick up on the subtle touch of magic. would be drawn to this spot for years to come.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raigi on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:36 pm

The angel was still seeking the unsuspecting key holders. Raigi hadn't forgotten about him but with his youth he had neglected to think that the angel would follow he or anyone else to this dark place. He heard the other door in the dungeon open and shut, his ears twitching a bit as he sat back up and tried to peer over to it. No dice, the wall between cells blocked too much of his vision but he knew there was someone else there. It was probably just a guard he though, he never imagined it'd be the theif the angel was after. With a heavy sigh he leaned back against the wall and closed his eyes trying to straighten his thoughts out. The weight that he'd taken on his shoulders was so much to bear for one so little in his races eyes. He managed the strength to speak though, trying to make a little conversation with the person in the cell next to him, unknowing of the elfin theif so closeby.

"So....uhm....how did you get caught....sir?" He asked, not realizing he was talking to someone younger than himself. There were no guards in the hall of cells at this moment but there was a room that a few of them along with the torturer occupied near the exit of the prison into the keep. Something was odd though, there seemed to be a lot of magic converging here, could there be more keys in this one place? If so with a divine being so near this could've been a recipe for disaster should the amulets fall into his hands.

Raigi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:37 pm

((Raigi's allowed me to take a Co-Dm role here so I'm throwin in some new stuff, that should've already been guessed but could be called into question. KEY'S WILL CHANGE HANDS, there won't be any, "the thing came back as the man walked away ..." it's godmoding and can be punished if the offense continues, also, charecter deaths are allowed if both side's agree, No "and ______ completely obliterated _______ with a ball of ___________ " als GodModing, and will be punished with active pursuing of your charecters death.))

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:45 pm

(that certainly removes a large portion of anything to write about. =p so what happens to the story?)

"Ha. 'sir'. I wish." he chuckled. "I came here after my 'tribe' exiled me." he said, scowling inwardly. he'd rather not talk about that if he could avoid it. "it was stupid of me come here. unfortunately, the need to eat is, as usual, a mandate that can't be avoided. I tried to make a run for it when the fighting broke out, and got caught. damned guards saw my eyes."

isafos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:42 am

A voice rang out, seemingly from no-where,

"So, two Dorai are sitting in a cell, when another Dorai walks by, with the keys to let them out." An elderly man dressed in a guards uniform said, as he strolled up to Raigi's cage, swinging the jail keys around his index finger."Does anyone know the rest of the joke?" He asked, looking at Raigi, expecting an answer...

((Btw, sry fer not posting regularly, Ive been busy, Ill post again tomarrow probably))

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raigi on Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:58 am

Raigi didn't really turn to face him, he just kind of stayed huddled against the back of his cell as Canis spoke. For what it was worth he took the story to heart though there wasn't much to remember. "Your story isn't too unlike my own..." He replied at least until he heard a familiar voice. He'd overlooked something...ZANOS! Raigi shot up almost immediately as the odd, aged dorai stopped in front of his cell, and waited for an answer to his question. He replied though not with a witty response really. "Zanos! How did you get past all the guards?" He asked dumbfounded, waiting for this person to open his cell. Why did he assume Zanos would open the cell? No real reason could be given to that inquery saved that he wanted someone to trust right now, so badly.

Raigi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:21 pm

((The point is to come into possesion of as many key's as possible so you can wake up the goddess, your charecter should have his own motives, like, vengence or acceptance. So go for the key's, actively pursue them. you want to collect them, or create a party if it serve's your purpose. OH, and in the case of a normal human which we endorce having, you could be trying to stop the key bearers.)) The angel soared, faster than any bird would ever dream of stopping just short of a wall. This was indeed an obstacle, with his Lady gone, he could o longer call down her Divine fury. which left the wall to be moved around. Pulling the key out of his pocket he heard the desperate thoughts of those within the cell, their pleading pathetic thoughts. His key would die soon, it's time used up. It was only an enchanted replice. to copy the abilities of these keys, for a short time. The key grew red hot, and the smell of burning flesh filled the air. A high pitched whining filled the air as the key tried to replicate the abilities of the three keys at the same time. the Item exploded. leaving a gaping hole in the wall, the magic had eradicated all sign's of where the stone had been. He looked in shock at what he had narrowly avoided.

((I tried to give the angel a key earlier, and decided it wouldn't be a good Idea))

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:13 pm

Zanos stood with a grin, it was about time this boy was locked away, although, Zanos knew that he at least deserved an explanation to why Zanos was twirling the keys.

"Simple M'boy,"Zanos begun, clearing his throat,"all you need to do is get yourself a uniform,"Zanos pointed at his attire," and you just need to talk to certain people, tell them certain things, then you too can stand around, lecturing people on how you did it."

((what actually happened: while waltzing into the keep, Zanos heard the gaurds coming outside, to settle the raid. Zanos stood against a corner, staff raised, and bonked out the first guard who came out, knocking him un-consious. The other guards only looked into Zanos's eyes, when he activated his magics. The certain magic that he used, erased the last minute from their memories, so, they began to charge at the rest of the bandits once more. Zanos changed into the gaurds uniform, and had left the body into a closet. Zanos had wandered towards the jail cell, sensing some dorais, along the way, he decided to get some keys. He walked up to the keep's warden, and "persuaded" him, taking the keys, Zanos continued to descend into the dungeons. Along the way, he started to twirl the key-ring on his finger, and walked over to the Dorai's cell))

Zanos began trying the many keys on the ring on the lock to Raigi's cell. After about 20 keys, the lock clicked open...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.