Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Arena

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Arena

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Relet Crain on Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:55 pm

A dark time has fallen over the land of Terralis. A corrupted king leads the land, and intends to bring darkness throughout the world. All those that oppose him are put in prison, and are waiting for their execution. However, King Falwol has given an oppurtunity to a small group of prisoners. He has designed a type of contest; a group of prisoners will battle against ferocious monsters, and killers sent by the Gladiator Master, all for a chance to be set free and leave Terralis forever.

The King himself chose the prisoners who would participate; each one with different tactics and abilities that will give a challenge to the Gladiator Master and his beasts. The chances any of them survive is extremely unlikely, but for the chance of freedom; the group is ready to battle.

Ok, so most people will be the gladiators, however, I need ONE person to be the Gladiator Master; this is a VERY important part, the gladiator master is responcible for choosing what the gladiators battle, and he's also very important story wise.

I'll post my profile first...

Name: Relet Crain

Gladiator or Gladiator Master: Gladiator

Weapon Proficency: Sword/Knife

Bio: Relet grew up in a time when Terralis was at peace. He exeled at fighting for the land he loved, until King Falwol came to power. As he became aware of the Kings corruption; Relet led an assasination attempt on his life. However the King got word of the assasination attempt, and had a decoy set up in his place. As Relet and his men stormed Castle Terrasil; thousands of soldiers were waiting for him.

Now King Falwol has given Relet a chance to be free. However Relet sees this as another chance to kill the King.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Relet Crain
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Arena

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice in Wonderland on Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:46 pm

((So are we the prisoners or the things fighting them? :S))
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alice in Wonderland
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Relet Crain on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:15 pm

Everybody will be prisoners

Relet Crain
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:23 am

Interesting, I have a couple of questions however.

You say in your original post that most people will be gladiators, which I take to mean not the prisoners, though in answer to Alice's question you say everyone will be prisoners.

So who will play the monsters?

Who will the players who sign up be, are you looking for gladiators or prisoners or both?

You need to make sure that you are clear what roles you want players to take and in your first post it is not clear and your answer to Alice makes it less so.

Grimbold

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice in Wonderland on Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:09 pm

I'd like to join when this thing gets going. ^^

Alice in Wonderland
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:11 pm

I have a monster that I could play as for the time being if you need one in to fight against during the gladiator matches.

I'll introduce him if he's accepted as one of the monsters in the RP.

Alucroas
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Relet Crain on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:13 pm

I'm sorry -_-

I should have elaborated; The Gladiators ARE the prisoners, and I intended for the Gladiator Master to control the monsters considering he is the one who decides what the gladiators fight, however, if someone is just dieing to play the monsters; please message me. Otherwise monsters will be played by the gladiator master, and everyone else will be the prisoners battling in the arena.

Relet Crain
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.