Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Basement

The Basement

a part of “The Basement”, a fictional universe by MapleDragon14.

A horror survival about a secret basement complex filled with terrifying monsters and evil horrors. Stay alive and find a way out. 3 SLOTS LEFT.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Basement”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Basement

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MapleDragon14 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:01 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Basement"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MapleDragon14
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Basement

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inukyo411 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 pm

If your reserveing, I REALLY want a spot.
ImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Inukyo411
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Looks like someone just saw Dont be afraid of the dark :) great wasnt it

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Haha, sounds great! I'd like to reserve a spot (if you take reservations that is).

Oh, and I want to see that movie (Don't Be Afraid of the Dark).

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aixulram on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:30 pm

I'll claim a spot!
Kick her ass, Misty! Show her who Ash's true lover is!

Aixulram
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Yeah Ill take a spot too

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aixulram on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:48 pm

Also, do you have a skelly? Can we use anime pics?

Aixulram
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MapleDragon14 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:08 pm

Ahahaha holy shit. I hadn't expected so many sudden reservations.

First off, I'll reserve the spots, by changing 5 to 4 and so on.

Second, I haven't actually seen that movie. Just as I was making this, everytime I used to words creatures, I paused and thought that it did kind of sounds like Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. This is actually based off this wierd dream I had last night. Basically, it started as a hockey game, and then randomly it kind of changed into a wierd house, and this person led me into the basement with a couple other random people. She said be really quiet and to hurry, which was wierd because I didn't know what we were doing. Then as I was trying to go back upstairs, I seen this wierd messed up guy on all fours, and he chased us and I hid behind a shower curtain. Wierd, considering I wasn't actually that scared.

I just thought the way the basement wasn't a typical basement was cool. Usually in horror movies, its made of rock and concrete and it's dark. I thought it would be freakier in something that looks like your living room.

I don't have a skelly, so just fill in the form. You should probably state your fears, because that'll help. Anime's fine, I'm not a big fan of it, but I don't see why you couldn't use it.

Also, come to think of it, Stephen King's short story about that hotel room served as a huge influence, as it gave me a cool idea about what happens when you use a phone or a television in the basement. I forget what the story was called, but I think it got adapted to be a movie.

MapleDragon14
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:09 pm

I've submitted a character. I wasn't really sure what exactly you wanted on their profile, so I just covered the basics. If anything needs to be changed, added, etc, just let me know.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aixulram on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:12 pm

nevermind. I'm too filled with rps. Sorry for the false alarm! ^^''

Aixulram
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MapleDragon14 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Your characters accepted. Sounds fine to me.

Also. DAMN YOUUUUU. ahahaha, I just finished editing , man.

MapleDragon14
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:26 pm

Aww, it's ok Maple. *pats head* Oh, and I added likes, dislikes, and fears to my character's profile.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MapleDragon14 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 am

I added floors to the Basement, so before your character enters a new floor, check the description. If you enter a floor that hasn't been added to Places, just ask me to add a level before you go down a floor, so that you'll know the basic layout. Anything else, and you can make it up. Points of Interest will drive the game forward, or else we could just stay on first floor. The places you will need to go to to find food and water are listed as Items of Interest. I usually describe the type of lighting and a new type of hazard in each description. Eventually, the floors will become less like normal rooms and more like horrible gauntlets. Mirror rooms, total dark rooms, extremely cold rooms, rooms with a monster you must fight or trick, etc.

MapleDragon14
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!