Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Black Diamond Circle Discussion

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Black Diamond Circle Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:56 am

Hello once again,

I am adding Jakolentu as a player of various important characters and antagonists at times. I believe Keen may be joining us as well if she is interested in the same proposition. So please welcome them.
Everyone seems to have responded very well to my PMs, so I believe this project is a Green Light.

I realize I am throwing a lot of stuff out at you all at once. I am just trying to establish a common ground that we can all work from that will help us understand each other. So…

Time and Place

I want to address the issue of time.
In general the story will progress as a collection of days-in-game. Each section will begin with an establishing scene written by Angel or I. Then you are given free reign to post what happens. The scene will close once there has been a clear and satisfying conclusion, and be wrapped up with a post script or transition piece, provided by Angel or myself.
We won’t be covering every single day. Some days will be travel days and we will try to provide a montage or transitional description of the long boring march. If we have anything happen to your character in the interim we will contact you to make sure you agree with our portrayal of your character and the things that happen to them.

I want you to think of your postings as scenes in a movie. They don’t need a lot of lead-in or explanation, just start and have some goal in mind. Your character wants to get to know someone else. Your character is trying to harness their powers. Your character has a beef with someone and is going to sort them out. Your character may participate in more than one scene per day-in-game, but try to post at least once per day-in-game. Even if it is just to say, “She is sea-sick and groans and rocks in her hammock.”

Also to make the scenes playable for the other characters try to limit the amount of actions your character takes so that other characters have a chance to respond to what you do. If you write, “She pulled her gun out of her purse and shot the drunk in the forehead. She walked across to the other side of the pool table and pistol-whipped the “John” in his throat. She ran out of the pool hall, knocking over chairs behind her to prevent anyone from following. Once outside she jumped on the number 12 bus as it cruised past.” If characters were in that scene and they meant to chase or stop you they couldn’t. I don’t want to slow posting to a crawl. There is plenty of grey area to work within. Just try to break the action into sections that allow others to play with you. (I guess I mentioned this already)

I want you all to be actors. Find a motivation for your character in the particular scene you join and go with it. Try to edit out anything that does not advance a story element or your characters. In the show 24, they show everything that happens in a day (even bathroom breaks. T.M.I.)
Your character might wander off to answer the call-of-nature, but try to make it an enlightening, exciting, or expressive experience (as much as is possible?)

You might already be thinking this way. I just want to establish a basic framework and style of play. And I guess I like the appearance of my own typing.

Let’s role!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

quidhala
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:32 am

I hope you are all still following this disscusion. I'm sorry for the slow down of late. I hope we will be moving forward soon. I consider everyones' final intentions as being asleep except Wolves and Jade. I'm not sure if they were continuing that beautiful scene of bloodshed and gore Wolves character began describing, or if Jade's character just decided to settle in for an uneasy night's rest after that bedtime tale. Let me know and I will thicken the plot A.S.A.P.!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shock on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:26 am

Still following it? Of course! This is going to be epic, stamina is needed!

Shock
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:44 am

Well, I'm just working on Finalizing my post, so as soon as I get a few buffer posts, I'm good

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:10 am

<Places the defribillator pads on The Black Diamond Circle RPG thread and presses the charge button.>
“Live! Damn you! Liiiiiiiive!”

In the name of the sanity of our players I will be forced to advance the story in 4 hours. Don't worry. Plenty of RP left.

***EDIT 10DEC07

Sorry I didn't let everyone literally put their characters to sleep. I don't think it is neccesary. I don't think we need to cover every moment of the journey unless it builds on your character or the story. If you would like to because you think it is important or interesting you can...

1. Back track: What happened?
2. Flashback in your post: What happened?
3. Just refer to it, "I am waking up in the room I purchased last night at hotel "Blah"."

Just RP. You can walk straight there, discuss your character's excitement, or meet with other characters and chat... What ever you want. The points of light will lead and pester you until you get your butts to the pier. But they can't do anything to you.

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:45 pm

Is anyone still alive in this?

I apologize for my late reply to quid's red post. I was waiting on Shade to get back to me about something.

I hope you all are still interested and excited about this RPG. I am now that the story is finally going to progress, but we can't do that without you all! I know we're missing some people that won't reply to PMs...
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:23 am

Hello to those that are still with us,

If you are still following this game and/or waiting for others to post please let me know by posting on this thread after reading this. Jakolentu and Keen as well, if you are still interested.

Because there are so many people involved we will need to make special considerations to accommodate everyone. This is all I ask:

Can you commit to checking in on this thread every few days?
Can you post at least once a week?
Can you post twice or more in a week if you are involved in a direct exchange/battle that must be resolved before others may post?

I want this to be a very casual game. As we are all a party, if there is something that prevents you from posting, we will all continue to play and your character will go into a kind of phantom mode. We will try not to refer to the character unless it is needed. We will assume that they are there and behaving as they normally would. Upon your return just start playing again normally, no explanation is needed. If you would like to do a little recap about how your character felt about things in the past, feel free to do so in your first return post, but it is not required. If you want to do a post about something that happened in the past, go ahead as long as it doesn’t approach God Modding territory. Just note it at the top of the post.
(Ex., [OOC: This happened after the incident with the dragon and before Lucy kissed Tommy.])

When it comes to NPCs and the environment, please do not feel intimidated by my role as GM. Post as much detail as you would care to add, and add as many NPCs as you wish to interact with, as long as it does not disrupt what I have previously laid out or completely derail the plot. I am very flexible and can adapt the plot to small adjustments you might make. If you wish to write more about your character and don’t care to add anything, that is also fine.

I hope you can enjoy this slower pace. I also hope that the pace will not be as slow as it has recently been. If you wish to retire your character you send me a PM and I will see if anyone else wishes to carry the torch for you.

Fair Warning: The story will advance again on my birthday. The 28th of December.
(Happy Holidays! Who's getting me a present?)

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jeweyll Lose on Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:41 pm

Hey people,

I'm so sorry that I haven't being posting on this thing, after I started it and all, and from now on it'll probably be quidhala who's gonna call the shots around here. I've given her permission to create her own plot and everything, and thanks, quidhala, it's wonderful you're actually willing to take up this thread after I've abandoned it and everything. So sorry for everything, guys, and I hope there's no hard feelings.

Keep it going!

Merry Xmas,

Jeweyll

Jeweyll Lose
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:13 am

I know I PMed you back, Jeweyll, but I want you to know there are no hard feelings. Thanks for creating the thread to begin with so that we could have this much fun with it. It is such a great idea for a story!

And for the rest of you, Jeweyll had issues with the site; that explains the disappearance. I don't want you guys to have hard feelings, because it was something Jeweyll could not help.

<3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:25 pm

Ok ya'll. I give you till 10 pm PAC time to do as you like... then the magic unfolds.

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:06 pm

I have not heard back from any of my helpers. I need help to run this game. Is anyone interested in playing important NPCs or doing general GM posting?

Jeweyll, if you have solved your login trouble I would love to add you as a GM or a player. Whatever you choose.

***Instructions

Time:
You have a little time before the boat leaves. It is departing in 40 minutes. The trip will span 3 days and you will arrive on the third night, if there are no problems along the way. My midday today you should reach the mouth of the river and exit the open sea. The waters are patrolled and the river is completely within the boarders of Kingdom of Prayn (our kingdom), but dangers still exist.

The Ship:
Is a large 3 mast ship with a crew of 23. It carries only 4 deck cannons.
The deck is two tiered and stretches 70 yards.
There is a aft hold, which is emptied and has enough room for you to spreadout and the crew will not intrude without cause.
The stern hold is filled with cargo to be moved inland, this is also where the crew sleeps and the food is stored.
There is the Captain's Cabin, which is locked.

You all will be free to RP the Captain and Crew as NPCs, unless Jakolentu comes back. Then he will play the captain. The crew will attempt to be gracious hosts, with their rough manners, but at the first sign of trouble they could turn on you. Once in your cabin (the aft hold) the captain will give you a magically sealed box. Once the box is opened by one of you I will describe the contents.

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Fri May 16, 2008 11:48 am

Sooo.... Why did this die?
// Insert an interesting signature here please! //

iggMaN
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:07 am

quidhala vanished, and I think life got in the way with a bunch of us. Don't think there is any way to revive it, as sad as it is. :/

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!