Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

The Black Diamond Circle

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Black Diamond Circle

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:32 pm

Leo looked around, hoping that the mysterious sender would appear. As he looked, he saw Cassandra leaning back on a barrel, and before Leo could warn her, she was in the water. He could not help but laugh a little, the fall looked really funny. When she got up, he saw the staff floating down in the water, and Cassandra, not knowing where her staff were going. He dropped his backpack and the other things, and swiftly dived into the water. He instantly saw the staff, and swimmed towards it. He swimmed quickly, but he did not seem to get closer. He swimmed even faster, and began closing in on the staff. He pulled his arm out, and he could feel the staff with his fingertips. He increased his speed once more, and finaly, he could reach it. His fingers felt rough on the surface, but he did not have time to think about that now. He turned around, and started swimming upwards, but this time, he swam slower, because of the staff. He never really saw how dark the water was before. And suddenly, the pain started coming. First, his head wanted to explode by the pressure, second, his lungs, were almost empty of air, so he nearly did not have the necessary stamina to swim upwards. And thirdly, his muscles were really tired from the earlier walking, and now for swimming. After what felt like an eternety, he finaly broke the surface. The sunlight hit him, and the fresh air filled his lungs. He spinned around, seeing the wood a bit away from him. His muscles made a final effort to reach the pier, and crawled up. After some minor problems with struggling to get up, he succeeded, and lay the staff in front of him. As he did so, he also turned around to lay on the back, to spit out water from his lungs. After he had coughed up some water, he started to realising how exhausted he really was, started panting heavy. "Here's your staff." he said between the breathing, and looking at the wet girl.
// Insert an interesting signature here please! //

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iggMaN
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:43 pm

Cassandra blinked in surprise, clearly startled at the young man's actions.
"Well, thank you, Leo!" She grasped her staff, thrilled at its return, then stood and took a few deep breaths.
She then did something rather odd. Raising one hand over her head, she began to rotate it slowly, closing her eyes and murmuring softly in some strange language. As her hand drifted downwards, the water on her body and clothes pulled away, forming small droplets in the air that swiftly fled back to their home. She was soon as dry as if she had never fallen into the water at all.
Smiling warmly, she bent over Leo. "Would you like me to dry you off?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:47 pm

((I've given Jewyll a week to respond. Nout. So. I shall cease to make you lot suffer fomr my absence!

Name: Shattar Kingle

Element (Eight types - Water, Earth, Fire, Ice, Metal, Darkness, Lightning and Air): Ice

Appearance: Shattar has long, neck length hair. It is a Light blue colour, which usually have Dark blue energies zipping through them. He is tall and broad shouldered. He wears a dark blue tunic which is frilly with light blue lace at the edges. Wearing an unusual Dark blue loose trousers.

Personality: Despite his element, Shattar is a fiery youth. Angry, energetic and... can spew alot of vulgar out. He is the only son of a noble of the kingdom

Talents (if any): Uses a scythe that has been influenced with ice powers to freeze his enemies.

Background (brief description of your life before you received the letter): Lived peacefully with his father. As peaceful a youth can get. His mother died when he was young, and since then he has caused mischief for everyone in the manor.))

Shattar snickered as he hung, frozen to the top of the rooftop upside down by the window. The two girls don't know what will hit them. He stood there with a frozen bucket of water tipped upside down over the window.

He put on a high childlike voice " Help! Help! Please help me!"

Okutai
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:59 pm

"Oh no!"

Saylee hopped off the bed to her feet, the book on her lap tumbling to the ground. She ran to the window, hitting her knee on the edge of the bed as she went.

"OW!" she yelped, stopping for a moment to compose herself before stepping to the window.

She pressed one hand to the glass, frantically trying to figure out how to unlatch the stupid thing. When she finally figured it out, she flung it open and stuck her head out the window. Her red hair fell into her face as she jerked her head back and forth, trying to see where the voice was coming from.

"Shade, this child's voice sounds like it is right outside our window!" she yelled, turning her head slightly into the room to talk to Shade.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:01 pm

"Yes, that would be nice." he said and smiled, and stood up.

iggMaN
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:10 pm

The frozen ice turned to ice. IT emptied it's head over the girl who looked out.

Shattar roared with laughter at the girl.

Okutai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:14 pm

((ooc: YAY! Welcome, Okutai!))

Cassandra nodded cheerily, the readjusted her grip on the staff. The moon shape on the head began to glow softly, throbbing a bit with each turn of her hand as she drew the water from his body.
When this task was done, she took a deep, steadying breath, then opened her eyes, looking absolutely thrilled. "Well then!"
She then noticed the wet head of Saylee sticking out from a window, and the laughing youth beside her. "What in the world?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:18 pm

"What the--OOOOOWWW!!!"

Saylee clung to the edge of the window for dear life, screaming. The ice that fell on her head almost forced her through the window.

She stumbled back into the room quickly, falling to her butt on the floor by the bed. She grasped her head in pain as she tried to contemplate what just happened.

"WHAT THE HELL??"

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:30 pm

((Dammit! I'm an idiot! I Forgot to turn it into water D:!))

Shattar stopped laughing. He didn't see no water. OH god... " Did I just forget..." His eye's went wide.

"DAMMIT! I DID IT AGAIN!" He stood up, this time his feet stuck to the roof and he looked upside down through the window.

"Ummm. Hey. I'm sorry if that hurt, I was meant to turn it into..." He stopped when she looked at him with murderous incentive.

"OH crap!" He thawed his feet and landed on the ground.

Okutai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:37 pm

((OOC: Lmfao...at least it provided a silly story addition. =P ))

((Edit: I just edited the first paragraph of this post after reading Shade's post. I thought the kid jumped from the roof to the ground below, not into the room like Shade suggested, so I changed the post to where he landed in the room from the roof.))

Saylee gave the kid a look of deathly loathing. She stumbled to her feet, one hand still on her head, and made her way to the window. She put her free hand on the windowsill for leverage and continued looking at the kid who had just landed on the ground. She continued to stare at him, just hoping he'd look back and see her horrific gaze.

She suddenly started to feel a tingling in the palm of her hand against the edge of the window. She shook her hand, thinking it was just having strange pains as a reaction from the trauma to her head, but when she lifted her hand, her palm was glowing red.

"What the f--"

She shook her hand violently, freaking out. It was just in her head. It will go away. She continued to shake her hand for at least 30 seconds, staring at the red spot on her palm as it slowly faded away.

The strange sensation finally subsided. What the hell was that?

She finally pulled away from the window with a hefty sigh and sat beside in front of it, leaning her back against the little bit of wall under the window. The stone wall felt cold against her back through the robe, but she didn't care. She pulled her hand away from her head and found blood on it from the back of her head.

"Damn..."

Now that she was thinking about it again, her head started to throb, although not very much, just enough to give her an intense migraine.

She closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the cold stone of the windowsill, smiling slightly at the cold sensation on her small wound.

"Hey Shade...I'm hate to sound needy, but can I take you up on that offer of food?"
Last edited by Angel_Melfina on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:50 pm

The events had gone by rather quickly, but there was some man on the floor of the room, and Saylee was once again, in pain. Shade was becoming rather irked by all of this, but she controlled her emotions, letting none of it show, the smile she once had, vanished in an instant. Something stung her hand, she looked down quickly and saw a purplish and black spark. What is this?... The spark quickly dissipated. Shade moved over to the man, "I sincerely hope, you have an AMAZING reason or excuse for all this. If not, I'll be more than happy to send you back out that window." Her face remained emotionless as she spoke, she felt her hand sting again, it felt more painful, and it wouldn't stop. Shade chose to ignore it for the time being, keeping her eyes trained on the man.

Shadeyrou
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:16 pm

Saylee opened her eyes and looked up at Shade as she addressed the little jerk. Then she noticed a strange sound...It sounded like sparks were flying somewhere. She looked around the room, seeing nothing that would cause the noise she was hearing. Finally, a quick, bright light caught her eye and she looked to Shade's hand. Her hand was clenched, but she could see a tiny bit of light escape every few seconds from between her tight fingers. That looked very similar to what she had experienced with her hand before, but her hand never sparked.

Could this be something that was similar between all the mages, or just these two by coincidence?

"Um...Shade, forget him. Let's go meet the others..." she said cautiously.

Saylee forced herself to her feet and headed to the bathroom to get her dress and boots. She shoved her dress into a water-filled washbasin to get most of the surface stains off. She swirled it around the lukewarm water, making sure to get the whole garment absorbed.

"Shade, I mean it," Saylee yelled from the bathroom. "Forget about it. You've done enough for me. Let's just go."

She took her dress out of the sink and wrung it out as best as she could with her tired arms.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:22 pm

"Just a moment... I want to hear what he has to say." Shade stood over the man still, her hand was stinging much worse now, it was starting to reach up her arm. "Don't move too quickly, your still bleeding... And if you feel sleepy, do NOT let yourself fall asleep... Could have a concussion." She still did not remove her gaze from the man as she spoke, a bit loudly so that her voice would carry all the way over to Saylee.

Shadeyrou
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:34 pm

Saylee nodded after hearing Shade speak back to her. She wasn't sure why she nodded; it's not like she could see her.

"I think I'm okay..." She trailed off, remembering that her head was bleeding.

She grabbed a towel hanging by the washbasin and dipped it into the water. She slowly reached behind her head and started dabbing her wound, attempting to clean it herself. She continued to wipe the back of her head until only a little bit of blood was rubbing off onto the towel. The towel was completely red except for where her hand had been so it was hard to tell when the bleeding had slowed. Her injury was worse than she thought...No matter. She wanted to get out of this room.

She put the towel on the floor out of the way and wrung out her dress over and over again until hardly anything dripped off of it. She shook it out with a loud snapping noise, and then threw it over the top of the bathroom door. She pushed the bathroom door shut as much as she could, then proceeded to take the robe off. She yanked her dress off the door and slipped it back on as best as she could. The cold cloth shocked her body as she pulled it over her head, but it slowly began to warm up with her body heat. She then sat on the floor and put her boots on.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:59 pm

Cassandra marched over to the young man that had just landed on the ground, arms crossing and the most stern scowl she could manage pasted to her face. "Are you missing a cog in your brain? You could have hurt someone, you little chimp!"
They were the harshest words she could manage on such short notice, but they seemed good enough for the situation.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:43 am

Leo watched the scene with amusement, but when it was ice coming from the bucket, he opened his jaw. A short time passed, and Leo knew that if someone did not stop the girls, the would whip the poor boy's ass. So he started running towards the house, took a jump, and with ease and speed climbed up to the window, to enter. "Look, take it easy, ok? It was just a funny prank. Yeah ok, the water somehow turned into ice, and Saylee got hurt, but it was never his intentions." he said and stood between them. "Right kiddo?" he said and turned around to the boy with a big, kind grin. He almost felt like a big brother. "Whats your name?"

iggMaN
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:42 am

((OOC: I am probably going to post a discussion for this thread in the Discussion forum later today. Quidhala and I have been talking about some things with this RPG, and I want you guys to know what's going on. Please keep an eye out, as it will be important to get input from everyone. Thanks!))

Saylee finished putting her boots on and climbed to her feet with the assistance of the washbasin stand. She dusted herself off as best as she could and stepped out of the bathroom.

"Shade I have your ro--...."

There was yet another man standing by the window. She frowned as he spoke, taking up for the punk beside him. One hand still rested on the bathroom doorknob; she clenched it angrily.

"That's right, take up for the boy who did the damage." she said loudly, scowling at Leo.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:29 am

[Ok, add a link in the next post.] "Oh, there you are. Are you ok?" he said and turned to her. "And don't be to harsh on him, he is just a kid, and the whole ice thing was just an accid-" he stopped himself when he realized that he had no idea on how the water had turned to ice. "He might be one of the mages." he said quietly to himself, yet it was hearable.

iggMaN
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:29 am

[Ok, add a link in the next post.] "Oh, there you are. Are you ok?" he said and turned to her. "And don't be to harsh on him, he is just a kid, and the whole ice thing was just an accid-" he stopped himself when he realized that he had no idea on how the water had turned to ice. "He might be one of the mages." he said quietly to himself, yet it was hearable.

iggMaN
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:30 am

((OOC: Double post alert, igg! =P

Here is the link. I don't have time to post a reply right now, but the link is here incase I can't get on for a while.

the-black-diamond-circle-discussion-t3393.html))

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!