Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Black Diamond Circle

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Black Diamond Circle

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:01 am

Cassandra smiled a bit. "Well...I hate to say it, but I'm afraid I don't recall the name of the town. It appears we were all asked to meet at the pier.."
She nodded over to the pier, pausing to admire the quiet swishing of the water.
"..but whoever it is that summoned us all has yet to make his presence known.." She shrugged, cheery as ever. "At the very least, we've each met some most interesting individuals."
She paused, eying the girl with great interest. "I'm not sure how you've gone so long without seeing a town...but if you haven't, I assume you've never been in an inn. Come with me, we can share a room."
This said, she continued up towards the door whose number matched the one on her key.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:43 pm

Shade nodded, "Alright, let's go." Shade stood and went to the door pulling it open for Saylee. "Where would you like to rest for the night? That inn wasn't very good..." After opening the door, the cool night breeze swept it. Shade resisted the urge to shiver. Don't have anything warmer with me...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolvesvane on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:44 pm

"I lived most of my life in the Forests of Secrets, alone." Jazmine said, following Cassandra. "Those gaurds captured me while I was salvaging somethings from two travelers who had wandered into the Forest unprepared. There was not much of them left when the oale beasts were done with them, though they did leave me their clothing and pocessions, including the letter." she explained, not even blinking when she mentioned the gruesome deaths of the messengers and the fearsome oale beasts who killed and devored them. Other, 'sane' people shuddered at just the thought.

wolvesvane
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:10 am

Late in the night the ocean waves beat against the pylons of the piers in the harbor, like the heartbeat of the ocean, creating a deep rhythm that entranced the night watchman sitting alone in the boat house. He had put the kettle on to brew some stimulating tea. He struggled to remain alert, shaking his head and slapping his cheeks briskly. He could not stifle his deep yawn. The scent of mint and jasmine wafted through the room as the tea warmed. Overlooking the water front for fires and thieves, he had never fallen asleep on shift before. Well, maybe once. No body’s perfect. The smell and the sound of waves washed thought from his mind. The steam from the kettle crept from the spout to the watchman in the chair, lazily curling up around him. He felt like a nice warm blanket had been placed over him. His eyelids slowly closed and his head bobbed down. For a while his body sat up right, and then his face flopped down onto the tabletop. The kettle sputtered and whistled as the tea came to a boil, but the sound of the waves smothered the noise into a lulling drone. The night watchman slept deeply.

Unnatural sleep snuck up on all the inhabitants of the seaport. Where ever they were, the people that would normally be up and about at this hour had dozed off. Some were lying on the ground, where moments before they had been standing.

Drifting down from a small moonlit cloud, tiny white points of light fell like snow snowflakes to the town. Above the roofs of the buildings they scattered in different directions. Some swarmed around the Inns on the waterfront, entering through small cracks in the window frames. Several found their way into a grand carriage parked in the lane. A smaller group drifted outside of town to a tall tree. They sought out the mages.

The mages awoke suddenly at the same moment from dreamless sleep, with the little lights dancing around them.

A gentle dry voice whispered to them, “Come to me quickly! I am here.”

The lights darted about, beckoning them to follow…

[OOC: Instructions to the Players: the lights will lead/follow you to the pier.]

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:56 pm

The dream was so good. He was annoying the old man back home again. And how he laughed.
...wake up...

"Wha-? Go away it's still night" Said Shattar with his eyes closed and waved his hand in front of his face.

Get up lazy bones!

"What?!" Shattar opened his eyes, and as the light hovered around his face, he fell, startled to the ground with a thump. Getting up, he groaned at the pain in his head " What do you want? And what are you?"
Shut up. And follow me! Quickly. and be quiet. I am here!

Shattar stood up and followed the Light. It led him to the pier.

Okutai
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:56 pm

Cassandra shifted in her sleep, frowning and resting one hand over her eyes. Who had turned on the....
Opening her eyes, she found a small, pleasant light...telling her to follow. She stared at it for a moment, pondering as to whether or not she had seen such a thing before. She decided that she had not...but it was telling her to follow, so she did.
Rotating her feet off the bed, tugging on her soft leather shoes, grasping her staff and following the light. She walked on tiptoes, not wanting to awaken anyone else. Slipping silently through the night, she found herself back on the pier.
"Curious.."
There, she saw Shattar, and tilted her head slightly. "You didn't by any chance get woken up by a glowing ball, did you?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:39 pm

Shattar looked over at the women.

"You DO know how random and wierd that sounded. Didn't you miss?" He grinned.

"But yes. I did. I was having a bloody nice sleep too!.." HE faded off into grumbles as he looked around for any sign of anyone else.

Okutai
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:22 am

Winston’s eyes pealed open, sticky from sleep. His head was groggy like thick summer squash bisque and his vision blurred, but he thought he saw a white dot in the air in front of his face. Thinking it was the after effect of too much wine he sat up on the edge of the bed, rubbed his face, and shook his head. The small point of light zigzagged in front of his face and an aged voice whispered, “I’m here. Come quickly!”

He looked around the room suspiciously, and realized the voice was in his head. He jumped up and stretched his stiff joints, ‘That bed was too soft.’

“Shake a leg, old timer! We haven’t much time!” a harsher whisper this time. He glanced through the window and saw the thick fog that obscured his view of the harbor.

‘Typical behavior of a wizard, or any of the upper-class. Expect everyone else to run by your watch!’ he indignantly mused as he quickly began dressing.

He half expected Kade would be pounding on his door by now. Surely a summons like this would excite the eager youth. As it was, he was the only one dressed and out in the hall. The flying point of light zipped impatiently down the hallway to the stairway where is bounced, agitated.

Winston knocked on Kade’s door and after waiting a respectable amount of time opened the door and saw the boy still sleeping in bed. “Get up, Tadpole! Time to go.” he said quietly.

“Hurry!” the voice demanded in a bolder tone.

He tried everything to wake Kade but no amount of shaking caused any change in his state. With the light zipping around Winston’s head yelling, “Follow! Follow!” he finally gave in and charged out the door in a fury. The light lead the way as Winston stomped off to the pier. ‘What does this wizard want with me?’ was the question the puzzled him.

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolvesvane on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:32 pm

Jazmine's eyes flickered open right after Cassandra left, partly because of her noisy leaving (to her anyways), and the insistant voice in her head. She scowled-most of the things in the forest with powers like that gave up after a while, but this voice persisted, and lacked the metalic, rusty sound of almost all of the beings that haunted the forest, waiting to prey on the unsuspecting. She got up, still fully dressed and ready to go, and tip toed out of the inn, making no sound. She slipped though the shadows of the street, longing for the comforting whisper of the leaves in the tree and the calls of alarmed birds. 'It is too quiet in the town...' she though with a frown, staying undetected in the darkness on the fringes of light from the moon and stars.

wolvesvane
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:28 pm

Cassandra looked over, beaming at the two new arrivals.
"Oh...did you get awakened by a ball of light as well?"
This strange turn of events did not appear to phase her. She would have preferred a few more hours of rest, after rushing to this town in the first place, but this was far more exciting than any sleep session.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:25 am

Saylee sat up quickly in bed, trying to shake herself free from a nightmare. It had taken her back to that day...her eleventh birthday. Black warriors on black horses brought fire with them, spreading it wherever they pleased...the people, the houses...the town. Saylee had been hiding under the dock, safe from the orange and red flames licking at her village. Her mind focused on the moment when she almost lost her own life...Someone had spotted her under the deck, probably because of the birthday gift from her parents. She wore a faded gold necklace with a soft, pearlescent stone hanging from it. It hung just around her neckline, at this time, right above the top of the water. The sunlight must have caught it just right.

The large mass of man rode over to her location, fixating his eyes on hers as he rode. Saylee scrambled to the end of the dock and swam out further than the man could reach with his sword, then she ducked underwater. Suddenly, a shining silver gleam rushed past her in the water; the man had thrown his sword at her, with enough accuracy to slide through her hair as it spread out in the water around her head. The water was murky, but sunlight still found it's way down to the blade, gleaming just enough for her to be able to see it.

That's when she awoke, beads of sweat on her forehead. Saylee put her hands to her face and took a deep breath, trying to calm down. The past several days were quite out of the ordinary, but she sort of welcomed it. She was tired of her life...always rummaging around to try and make money here and there so she could eat. She had become used to it. She may find different things every day, but in all respects, every day was the same. Shade had been so nice to her; she got her a room at an inn just so she could clean up, she fed her, and got another room for her at an even better inn on the other side of town. The inn they originally stayed in was dark and drab, and Shade had mentioned she'd rather not go there again. It ended up being full anyway. After asking around the town, they discovered a nicer inn at the farthest corner from the dock. Saylee was glad she found someone else that was here for the same reason as her, but Saylee was terrified of what was to come. What am I getting into, she thought? She fooled herself when she thought she was just coming here to get money. Deep down, she was curious.

Saylee lowered her hands from her face after another deep breath. She clutched the blanket from the bed in her hands as she leaned back against the headboard. Suddenly, little dots of light began to dance in through the window. They traveled to both beds, and began to dance all around them, all moving in different directions, then suddenly...

“Come to me quickly! I am here.”

Saylee gasped softly, not sure if she was going crazy or if this was really happening.

"Sh....Sha...Shade...Shade..." she muttered, mindlessly reaching towards Shade's bed, trying to wake her up while she kept her eyes on the fluttering lights.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:09 pm

[ SOOOOORRRYYYYY! I haven't had a computer for a really long time.... :/ ]

Leo snuggled against his pillow, his dream was splendid. He was deeply asleep, in the(as he likes to call it) zombie-sleep. Where everything seems real, and most of the senses are alert.
In his dream, he rode his horse, sword in his hand, on to the castle to save the beautiful princess.
But when he was riding, something talked to him.
"Leeeoo......" it whispered.
As Leo thought this was part of his dream, he was surprised that they said his real name, and not the sk. "fake name".
But he answered with a simple: "Who's there?"
"Leeeeooo..... Come with meeee....."
"No, I must go to the castle and save the princess!"
"You FOOL! This is just a dream! Wake up you!"
"What the-?"
Leo opened his eyes, and slowly realized that the voice was not just a part of the dream, it was real.
He looked around the room, and saw something fuzzy floating above the head of his.
He reached for his glasses [Oh yeah, forgot to mention that?] and saw things more clearly, and noticed the strange orb of light.
"What do you want? I am sleeping you know." he said to it, trying to be as polite as possible while raising his head and body, to be in a laying/sitting position, resting on his elbows.
"Yes, sorry for the rough awakening, but it was necessesary." the thing said, still floating.
"Mhm, yeah whatever." Leo said slightly annoyed and layed his head back on the pillow.
"Don't you give me that tone!" the thing said and started flying around a little.
"Look, WHY did you wake me up in the night?" Leo said, now really annoyed, glaring at the orb.
"You have to come with me!" it said, now more eager to get going.
"No way, I am not to be awaken by some wierd talking ball and start to run around naked for no reason. You better have one hell of an explanation for this." Leo said, and rubbed his eyelids slightly.
"Yeah yeah we can talk later! NOW COME!" it said with to much happiness for the moment.
"Well FIIINEEE." he finaly said and got up from the bed, grabbed his clothes, his backpack, and walked out in to the chilly night.
The cold felt good on his hot body. He could see the moon again, and he smiled.
He followed the mysterious orb, and came to a pier, with some other people standing there.
"Hello." He said to them. "Am I really twisted or did I just follow an orb of light here?"
// Insert an interesting signature here please! //

iggMaN
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:46 am

As if in answer to the debate about their actual existence, the lights swarmed from the heavy fog and hovered above their heads like fireflies. One light for each of the people who stood on the flat paving stones where the wide plaza met with the giant pier made of dark hard wood and iron bindings. The street and pier were lit by the orange glow of tall black lamp posts. The pier stretched far out into the bay until it seemed to melt into the thick gray haze.

Winston looked up warily while buttoning his coat. He thought the lights seemed happy to be reunited as they danced around each other. “So, where’s this, “Wizard” already?” he complained as he looked around at the strange assortment of people who had gathered here with him. The newest arrival was only a very young boy. The rest of them were at least grown but he didn’t see how this small group was supposed to “save the kingdom”. He glanced quickly between a woman robed in blue and carrying a blue staff to an odd young man dressed all in blue with blue hair. The thought of Kade running off with these people filled him with anxiety. ‘Very odd.’

“These things must be faulty! My nephew is the one he wants... but he’s up there sleeping like the dead.” he said clearly agitated and a bit surprised as he jabbed his thumb behind him in the direction that he had come.

quidhala
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:11 pm

Cassandra gave the confused man an almost apologetic smile. "Unless the letter was addressed to your nephew by name, I'm afraid there's little chance of knowing for certain if it was actually meant for him. After all, the rest of us received letters...and the rest of us are awake."
She reached out to touch her own ball of light, giggling softly when he flicked away. "I share your curiousity, however. We were told to meet on the pier...now, here we are, on the pier..." Her eyes drifted over the collection of newly awakened mages. "..and yet I see no one expecting us."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jeweyll Lose on Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:04 am

((Edit by Angel_Melfina: This post is OOC, just FYI. If you want to reply to this, please see Jeweyll's post in the Discussion thread for this RPG. =D Thank you, come again! And Jeweyll, thanks for letting us know. ^_^))

Okay, I know you people must be super-angry at me for abandoning this thread after I made it, and I myself am kinda guilty for the whole thing. But the thing is, my account had some bugs in it and I haven't been able to log into it, so I really, really thank quidhala and the rest of you who have really kept this thing going. I've been trying to fix it and the thing is rather unstable - sometimes I can log in and other times the whole thing just logs me out; but I totally give you all permission to continue this and especially to whoever's being a moderator because I myself want to see my baby thread grow into a great epic. So if I cannot log in, I hope you all will understand, I'm so sorry for not answering to your character sheets and all, and I'm as eager as you all to roleplay on this but my computer's just not cooperating.

Go for it!

Jeweyll Lose

Jeweyll Lose
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:34 pm

Shade opened her eyes. Damn... That was a nice dream. She shook the thought off and tried to gather what was going on. Saylee seemed rather frightened... And there were balls of light floating around. She got up and off the bed. "Come on... I think it's time to go to the pier." Shade was already dressed, she slept in her robe, having no other options. She flung her book bag over her shoulder and went to help Saylee up. "Come on, we'll be late." The glow of the balls illuminated her face just enough to reveal a small smile, maybe even a smirk.

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:47 am

Saylee watched quietly as Shade got up and took in the strange situation that was unfolding. She took Shade's hand and allowed her to help her to her feet, grabbing the robe she was given off of a small night table as she stood.

"It's strange that you say that...I feel a strange pull in my gut to go to the pier." She looked at Shade and forced out a smile in response to her smirk. Saylee was a little frightened at the light, not really knowing how to react to it. Shade's hand calmed her; she wasn't used to having someone comfort her.

Shade is so relaxed...I bet I look stupid being nervous, she thought.

"Look at these light things...I've seen them before. I wonder what they are doing here?" She looked to Shade, still smiling slightly as she chuckled nervously. The two orbs of light danced around the room, almost like a hyper animal would. Saylee kept a careful eye on them, terrified deep down of what they might do next. As she headed to the door with Shade, she stumbled sideways a few times when the lights got close to her.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:36 pm

"I've read about these things in one of my books... It's just a simple spell used for communicating over distances. They're rather fragile, and really couldn't do much to hurt anyone." She turned back to Saylee and gave a smile and squeezed her hand lightly, hoping to calm her. Shade arrived at the door to their room, "Do you have everything you need? Something tells me we won't be coming back here."

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolvesvane on Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:50 pm

<<hey guys, sorry i didn't post for a while, i got distracted by something shiny...XD Merry Christmas!!>>

Jazmine, a little conviced there was nothing to fear from these strange, glowing orbs, stepped out from the shadows and towards the little group, walking slowly as to not startle them as much as she would have had she jumped out of nowhere (in contrast to walking slowly out of nowhere). She stood slightly behind Cassandra, smiling nervously. It was against her nature to be out in the open with so many other people (or any at all), and was uneasy. "What is going on?" she asked her, touching Cassandra's shoulder lightly.

wolvesvane
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:36 pm

Cassandra glanced over her shoulder, smiling warmly. "Well, my dear, it appears we've all been summoned once more...I can only assume that whoever wrote us these letters..." She fingered her envelope, "..sent our glowing wake-up calls. Perhaps they will arrive soon!"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!