Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

The Black Diamond Circle

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Black Diamond Circle

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolvesvane on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:36 am

"I am not a deer..." Jazmine said, looking confused. She glanced around, looking for whoever was coming to meet them after summoning them with the annoying glowing balls. "I hope they get here soon, I do not like this town." she added, scanning the skys. She whistled, or at least it looked like she whistled, but only a very queit, low pitched sound came out. The sound carried, though it was not loud enough to disturb the sleeping inhabitants of the town. A few minutes later, the bird she had spoken to eariler flew down to them, landing on Jazmine's shoulder.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wolvesvane
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:44 pm

[[OOC: I’m just going to puppet Shock’s character into the scene. Hopefully he will join us again soon. For now ignore him, but assume he is with us.]]

A young girl that had been lurking in the shadows of a nearby building slowly came to join the group, looking more bewildered than anyone of them. She looked up and began making a strange noise. Was that the cooing of a pigeon or low hoot of an owl she was making? Was she trying to talk to the points of light above their heads? They all seemed so strange and very much out of place in a town such as this. Just the kind of eccentric people you would assume were mages.

Another one was approaching, lit by the tiny orb leading him, with an apple stuck in his mouth like a roasted boar. An even younger boy dressed in very fine clothes bleary-eyed and trotting quickly down the lane. He could not be any older than 13 years. For pity sakes! They were enlisting children. He should be at home with a stuffed bear for a pillow and his mother petting his tummy. ‘What goes on here? Will the whole damn nursery school be joining them?’

He spoke his thoughts aloud to help him think. “So you all were requested? You all got letters, and you all woke up?” Not waiting for an answer he hurriedly continued his thought processes to their logical conclusion. “But you’re all so… young. Well… much younger than me at least. How could I…?” If the lights were not faulty, if it was indeed him that had been called, how could he be a mage and not know, at his late age? Deep inside his mind something clicked. It released hazy memories of strangeness that had happened around him. He stood agape and for once in his life, Winston was at a loss for words.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

quidhala
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:51 pm

Cassandra turned her amused smile away from Jazmine and towards the confused man that had joined them.
"Well, sir...I hardly think that age has much to do with ability. I've met men and women who, at the prime ripeness of their lives, had not achieved even a speck of good towards the world. On the other hand...." Her eyes roved around the young crew that had gathered, "I have met some remarkable, very young individuals who increased the earth's value just by breathing on it."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:41 pm

The ladies words stung and hot shame rushed into his cheeks. Did she even know how close she had hit? Yes, he had been a drifter, no account, always looking out for his own pocket before the people he dealt with, always cloaked in the lies that he spun. He had given nothing back. Who was he to judge these brave children?

But, he had Kade. It wasn’t much of a life to share, but he had raised the boy the only way that he knew how. He had always been straight with Kade, at least as far as he could recall. Those small lies didn’t really count. At any rate, he loved his nephew and was loved back. That had to count for something.

“Still children are children.” he replied defensively. “Seems a terrible burden for such small shoulders. What kind of a man could ask so much?” a light hint of outrage in his voice. He stared off into the vacuous fog that consumed the dock.

quidhala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolvesvane on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:32 pm

"I have had to bear much heavier burdens than you probably ever have just looking out for myself. Do not judge so quickly." Jazmine said, recalling her days in her home, the Forests. Fighting and running and fighting more for a scrap of food, having to walk away from people being torn to peices to preserve her own life and coming back later to scavenge what was left of their pocessions.

wolvesvane
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:17 pm

Saylee nodded at Shade and proceeded out the door and out of the inn into the brisk night air. It hit her skin just as fast as it would if she were to jump into a cold lake. She felt it caress every hair and pore on her skin and proceed to filter it's way through her clothing. After shivering just once, she shook out her robe and wrapped it tightly around her. She proceeded through the stark air towards the pier, where she saw the others in the distance.

"Look! There are people there already. Who would be up right now?"

She turned her head slightly to Shade as she spoke, continuing to walk. She squinted at the crowd as they approached them, trying to see who they were. Then she finally realized it as they were just within a few yards of them: they were the other mages.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:35 pm

The fog was thicker down by the waterfront. Small lights danced about their heads playfully and then drifted slowly towards Hangman’s Pier. They gathered together into a swirling oval that stretched down to the worn wooden deck. The lights bloomed and seemed to become one white glow that morphed to take on a human shape. As the form became clearer it looked like a robed figure with a long beard and a bald head. An old mans thin pointed features came into focus and he smiled at them. The fog made the wizard appear almost solid, but through his ghostly form could be seen the deck of the pier.

His voice came to them as a whisper in their ears and a deep rumbling in their bones. Calmly, with a small chuckle he said, “Oh, my! More than I expected.” He clapped his hands with glee, but no sound of clapping was heard.

He fidgeted with his hands as he spoke. “Listen to me carefully. I haven’t much time. All of you from here on out will be in danger. The thing I ask of you is no trifle. If you continue there will be no turning back. You will be sought out by our enemies across the sea, some of which are already within our boarders. You must learn about your powers. Learn from each other. Join together and protect the Black Diamond.”

His face sunk into a grave frown as he continued. “I cannot join you. You must come to me in the Tower.”

The fog parted revealing a small ship with three-masts and a crew readying the deck. The wizards turned and raised his hand, pointing toward the ship.

“Board this vessel.” He turned back to them. “The captain has instructions to take you up the river Dallun and deposit you safely in the town of Frisus. The crew knows only what they need to know. Share nothing of your quest with anyone you meet.”

His form began to balloon out and fade slightly. He looked down at his body and his eyes grew wide. Hurriedly he continued, “My time is already up! I may not be able to conta… again…” His voice quavered and faded out entirely while his lips still moved. The glowing image of his body broke apart into smaller globs of fading light, which then evaporated entirely.

As the wizard vanished, the magic that had quieted the town faded. Some of the townsfolk began to stir from their unnatural slumber, but most slept on undisturbed.

[OOC: Look for instructions in the Discussion and Info thread on this game.]

quidhala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolvesvane on Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:31 pm

<<hrm, writer's block. *muttered curses* grr....X.X>>

wolvesvane
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!