Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

The Black Diamond Circle

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Black Diamond Circle

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:04 pm

Yet another addition, "Seems we've gathered up quite a party here..." Shade looked around and saw an inn nearby. "I'll be in there if anyone needs me." She picked up her book bag, and made her way towards the building. Too many people... At this point I don't want to attract anymore attention than I have already...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shadeyrou
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JTF on Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:26 pm

Slightly nonplussed, Lorina watched the girl with the book bag leave. "Well, screw you too," she murmured, turning back to the waif who'd first read from...somewhere. Wherever it was.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JTF
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:20 am

Leo quickly looked at the letter that the newly arrived girl had showed.
"You to? I guess that everyone here has gotten one. I am Leo, and these are," he said, and paused a little. "Actually, I have no clue on who these people are, I just met them. Why don't we all introduce ourselfs?" he continued and looked at the others.
// Insert an interesting signature here please! //

iggMaN
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolvesvane on Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:09 pm

She took a deep breath. "My name is Jazmine." she said, brushing off the worst of the nasty fruit, combing it out of her short fire-orange hair.She whistled shrilly, and a brillant blue bird flew down, landing on her outstreched arm. It clicked and whistled a couple of times, and Jazmine listened to it. "Really? That is strange..." Jazmine said, her eyebrows coming together. She clicked a couple of times like the bird, and it took off again, flying in a different direction than it came. She acted like it was the most normal thing it the world. "What are your names?" she asked casually, as if she hadn't just talked to a bird.

wolvesvane
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JTF on Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:54 pm

Staring in almost open-mouthed disbelief, Lorina followed the bluebird as it flew out of sight. "Lorina DeMita," she began, startled out of her self-conscious funk, "and what the hell did you just do? Can you talk to the birds?"

[[Seriously. Talking to birds doesn't sound like the sort of gift someone based in Darkness would have.]]

JTF
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:24 pm

Cassandra cleared her throat. Talking to birds...well, she did some pretty strange things, too.
"My name is Cassandra. You can call me Cass, if you like."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:38 am

OOC: Posting profile, and my entrance

Name: Allan Cororolen
Appearance: A fairly tall, dark skinned, man, the Knight carries with him his sword on his ack. He usualy wears a dark set of clothing, with the symbol of his Master Lord Reguls, sown into the breast of the cloak. His normal shirt is a sort of cotton shirt, dyed black with the remnants of his training weapon. His pants seee to be made out of a sort of sailcloth, which seems to be a sort of custom fit.
Personality: A relativly hot blooded sword weilder, Allan was known as the "Defense of Innocent, for his frequent urges to attack what he sees as an injustice.

Talents:When Allan is under a gret state of anger and distress, he can "clear his mind" to enchance his sword's critical strikes. He calls this, the Metal Clarity state. Allan, as a knight, is a well versed master of the chivlaric arts, and knows his way around the "upper class" so to say.

Background :The young Knight Allan had always been a swordsman, concerned about defenduing wo he judged innocent with his Colossal blade (a Claymore. From his training under his master, Lord Reglus of the city state of Franken, he had aquired skils with a blade that allowed him to parry with the tradtionaly quicker users of the Raipers. He had no memories before he was young, as his own adopted father, a fisherman from the costal city of Zena, simply claimed he "was blown in from the south," and he took that story at face value. When Allan was the young age of 10, he saw a sterange man under attack from a bad of theives. His young sense of justice already well developed, he looked at the local blacksmith, and borrrowed his model sword. Using his natural abilites, he managed to beat the theives nearly to death. When the mysterious man's guards caught up, they explained that Allan had saved the life of a powerful Lord Regulus. Regulus promised to return the favor, and train Allan in the ways of a Knight. His father told him to accept, and so Allan started his training as a knight. After many years in service, Allan was an offical Knight, and he went off, heading off to find his fortune.

At the castle of Lord Regulus, somewhere deep in the forested plains

"Master Ryand, what brings you back, my vassal?" The pleasnt voice of Lord Regulus, one of the more heavyset knights was imposing, as it boomed through the entrance halls of the massive fortress. "My Lord, I recived your message when I was hunting a criminal out in the costal cities. So, what was urgent enough to stop my service to your own cousin?" Reglus turned his eyes towards Ryand, and planley said. "My spies... intercepted a letter. Let us say...
the mages, which destroyed my grandfather's empire, are back." Allan looked shocked. "The evil... is back? We must quickly find them! I shall ride, but to where?"

Reglus turned towards Allan, and then to the large scalled map of the world, painted by a local artist on the wall. "To the costal city where Blackwater pier is..." Allan quickly said "I shall go there, right away, as fast as my steed shall take me! Before I go, Master," Allan turned to the older man "Should I know anything elese?" The man shook his head "Be carefull.." Allan bbowed to his lord, and headed out the man scaring a few peasants before he left the fortress, heading out to the city. "Wizards...", he toughts "Just like something from a trobetaur's tales..."

Ryand-Smith
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolvesvane on Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:08 pm

<<thats not part of her power. she learned it in the Forest, like somebody would pick up a foreign dialect if thats all they heard from when they were very young. get the picture? i'll try to even out this advantage with her incomplete knowledge of the world outside the Forest.>>

"Yes, I can speak with ones who will talk back." Jazmine said, blinking. Why did this girl look shocked? Was that abnormal? "Where am I?" she asked, peering around for clues. "What is this place? Where are the trees and animals? Even my father's house had life around it..." she said, starting to feel clausterphobic even though she was outside.

wolvesvane
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:31 pm

Cassandra rested a reassuring hand on Jazmine's shoulder. "Relax. We're in a city...er, a harbor, more specifically." She beamed over at the vast collection of water. "There's relatively no trees and, um, wildlife here. But lots of people, as I'm sure you can see."
She brushed a bit more of food from the girl's hair, in an almost motherly fashion.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:59 am

((OOC: Welcome all new people. Sorry the delay in my posting again. It's hard for me to get to the internet on the weekends, and I was out of town yesterday. I apologize for any typos ahead of time...I'm running on an hour of sleep..))

"I've heard those words before..." she mumbled to herself.

Saylee had just started to dream and forget where she was when she heard all of the commotion from the captive girl several feet away. She thought the words she heard were in her dream, but as soon as she realized they weren't, she sat up quickly. Saylee turned around to see the girl being freed to a small group of people.

"Those words...that was straight from the letter. Should I go over there?" she mumbled to herself.

She herself was almost as dirty as the girl they had just had released. She stood up and attempted to dust herself off. One would never be able to guess that her white dress was ever white. It had taken a beating from 3 days in the woods, and a short nap on a wet pier. Saylee pulled her long, red hair over one shoulder trying to look somewhat decent. She took a few deep breaths and got up the courage to walk over to the small group of people, parchment in hand.

"Um...hello. Did you guys also get one of these?" She held up the parchment, forgetting that hers was tattered and wrinkled from being thrown into a creek and then stuffed into her dress during her trek.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:50 am

((OOC: I'd like to present a quick update and a couple of questions. Below, I am going to list a short character sheet so far. I have found we have mages of the same type in two instances and wonder what we should do. Things are a little confusing right now.

These are in order of when the character sheet was posted and in this order: (If there is anything I missed, someone let me know so I can update this. I hate to have left something out)
Username...Character First Name...Element...One of the 8 mages?

1. Thisiswhoweare_...Kalen...Ice...no
2. iggman...Leo...Lightning...yes
3. iggman...Lorei...Darkness...no
4. Pseudo...Sairen...Metal...yes
5. jadelinghawkins...Cassandra...Water...yes
6. Shadeyrou...Shadelle...Darkness...yes
7. wolvesvane...Jazmine...Darkness...yes
8. Angel_Melfina...Saylee...Fire...yes
9. Shock...Bryce...Earth...yes
10. JTF...Lorina...Metal...yes
11. Ryand-Smith...Allan...none?...no

Okay, so that leaves the elements Ice and Air left out. We have no mages for them. I know quidhala has PMed Jeweyll with a character sheet for approval for someone for Air, but that still leaves Ice. But, we have two mages for metal and two for darkness. Do we need to alter the story and make room for more mages? I don't know if people just didn't look at who had signed up already when they created a character, or what, but as far as I can tell, we have 8 mages already, just not with 1 for each of the eight elements Jeweyll orginally posted.

I'm trying to get this organized, because I've been approached by a couple people about their being confused. Sorry if I'm being OCD or something, I just want to clarify what is going on. I don't really care what happens. I'm a mage and I already know what I'm doing, this just doesn't seem to be going by what the initial post introduced. ))

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shock on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:46 pm

((OOC: The update looks right angel, I checked back but I may have not remembered a detail. Anyway I have a few things I would say.

1. It doesn't appear, by the way Jeweyll phrased it, that it is a requirement for there to be one mage of each type, although it is ambiguous. On the other hand, it would be cool to have all sorts of magic being used, as well as enriching the RP more. I know when I came up with my character I took a look at all the other profiles and saw all but one was female, no one was a child, and no one had chosen earth magick. Ergo.

But when quidhala joins, there will be characters encompassing all the elements - the fact we as a party don't have ice at our disposal is a weakness, and we will be facing ice magick at some point in the future. But I think weaknesses are a good thing.

2. I have been delaying introducing my character until this point to avoid a huge load of characters entering at the same time. I know I find it hard to fully absorb the personalities of each when it gets full at the beginning, I need to be able to play off against people as best I can otherwise it bugs me. Eh.

3. Jeweyll is taking a hands-off approach at the start, it seems, in order perhaps to let us settle in. But I'm sure this RP is gonna kick off into something epic.

4. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts, keep up the good stuff!))

Shock
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JTF on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:58 pm

[[When I was actually creating my character, I looked over the thread and couldn't find anything Pseudo had posted. He/She still hasn't posted anything bar the character sheet, so I can't see any problem with me keeping the Metal element frankly. As for the the two Darkness mages though, both have posted so one's got to change. I'd also suggest that Jazmine change to Air or Earth, it'd make a lot more sense as a reason for being able to talk to birds than just living in a forest.]]

"Whoa, whoa, can we all hold a moment?" asked Lorina, now utterly confused by the whole situation. "Can I just get this clear?" As the assembled faces turned to her, Lorina felt herself quail inside - it was a horribly familiar feeling, but this time it was accompanied by something altogether new...a steely sensation in the pit of her stomach, deadening the discomfort. "This letter says that I'm a mage. It also talks about a Black Diamond keeping us all safe. Are you trying to tell me I'm not the only one to get one of these?" She was thoroughly perplexed, and also more than a little irritated about the new developments; if indeed it was all true, then the one gift she possessed wasn't unique after all.

A thought struck her. "In fact, how are we even sure this is true? I don't feel like a...mage, or a wizard..." The steely sensation had gone, and Lorina tailed off into silence again.

JTF
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:11 pm

Cassandra stepped forward, a friendly smile on her face, and rested a hand on Lorina's shoulder. "As far as I can tell, yes, we've each received this letter." She paused, looking highly amused, giving them each a thorough look-over.
"I've spent my share of years at the Magical Academy, and I can tell you all...you've each at least got potential for magic. I'm surprised you don't all know it by now...most people discover it early on, even if by accident...but the spark is definitely there, in all of us."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JTF on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:10 pm

Despite the gesture's friendly intentions, Lorina shied away, shrinking back into the folds of her warm robe. Nonetheless, the older girl's words had struck a chord with her, ringing a bell that had been quiet long since. Sitting down, she wrapped her arms around her knees and settled in to listen to the rest of the...well, the trainee mages, if the older girl was to be believed. Her thoughts, however, were miles - and years - away, back in the days when her father was at home more often than he was away, when there was nary an argument or a cross word to be heard in her entire village. But no matter how hard she tried to think of other things, like her current situation, she was always drawn back to that one curious and confusing day.

It was a day mostly of celebration. The village's men had been almost universally soldiers then, and that day was the day they returned to a veritable hero's welcome. The adults drank to their heart's content, and money was spread about liberally to the children both big and small. Lorina's father, back then, had merited a higher salary than a man of his age or experience was due - for a number of reasons, including his sheer proficiency with a bow and arrow - and he'd given the six-year-old Lorina a few coins to play with. Barely minutes later, the young Lorina had hurried up to her tipsy mother with a hand full of brown goo, alternating between shock and tears. Her mother hadn't paid any attention to it, assuming that she must have just grabbed a handful of mud and, frankly, being unconcerned.

Hindsight. Now that just seemed disturbing.

JTF
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:30 pm

[ Well, Lorei can you just, like delete. He is out. Since the story developed diffrent, Lorei did not fit. I thought it would be more like, good mages vs. evil kingdom. But, well, delete him. ]

Leo listened slightly at the conversations taking place before him. He did not really focus, his mind wandered off to something else. Though he clearly heard: "I'm surprised you don't all know it by now...most people discover it early on, even if by accident...but the spark is definitely there, in all of us."
He really reacted to "spark". He smiled at the thought of what happend in the fight. The "spark" were there, atleast for Leo.
He lifted his arm, open his palm and looked at it, and did not really know what to think of. He just snapped his fingers and he could see a bolt of lightning light up in his palm.
"Woah!" he said surprised. He just stared at his hand and could not belive what just happend.

iggMaN
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:02 pm

Shade sat at her table, reading one of her books casually. Can't say it's the smartest thing to do... A group of supposed mages, with no real talent in their powers yet, no weapons, so naive, attracting so much attention. Where is the person who sent this letter... Maybe he could get some authority over them... She closed her book, and walked over to the window, looking out at the group. So many of them already... I hope this guy knows what he's doing. The wooden floor creaked as she returned to her table. Well... If I am a mage, I've been one all my life. I can't remember an instance of it ever showing evidence as such. I don't even know what kind of mage I'd be... Shade got up and walked out of the inn, walking down the street a bit to a small market. She bought enough food and drink for the entire group, which was quite a bit. She carried it down to the pier and laid the bags down. "Here... I'm sure some of you are hungry or thirsty... Help yourselves." She bent over and picked up only a single fruit and made her way back to the inn.

Shadeyrou
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:21 pm

((OOC: Shock, you have such a way with words. You're so right. I'm way too OCD for my own good. The only issue I still have is that when quid joins, we'll have 9 mages. =/))

When Saylee realized that no one had noticed her right away, she started to back up to walk away. Maybe she could walk around the market stands and try to get some business again. On second thought, she wasn't in the mood for more rejection.

She still wasn't acting like herself at all since she got the parchment. She was so perplexed, and still couldn't help but wonder why she had received it. Her personality had completely changed in the past few days. She felt alone, tired, hungry...and feelings of abandonment were resurfacing. These were normal feelings for her, but normally she tried to hide them from the world. She didn't even bother to hide them anymore. Why bother when no one noticed you?

Saylee felt a shiver go up her spine. She had forgotten how damp her dress had gotten laying on the old wooden pier. One of the only places with seats inside was the nearby inn. She wandered in, and sat at a table in the farthest corner from the door.

"What do ya think yer doin'?" A big hefty man with a bushy black beard approached her table, bad intentions on his face.

"I...I'm just trying to get warm, sir," Saylee mumbled in defense. She was too weak to put up a big argument.

"What did ya say?! You cain't be in here unless yer gonna buy somethin', and you look like you obviously cain't!"

The man grabbed her arm before she could say another word and began to drag her to the door. Saylee screamed in pain as the man's huge hand encompassed the upper part of her left arm and yanked at it to get her to the door. She pryed at his huge fingers, but could not release his grip.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:30 pm

Shade was once again disturbed by a fight, again initiated by a man. She noticed the girl from earlier, she was one of the mages. She got up quickly and walked swiftly towards the man from behind, she leaped up and reached her arm around the mans neck, pressing her forearm into his neck. She slammed her forearm into the mans throat a few times before keeping it pressed, choking him. "Let go before I collapse your throat." Shade didn't look all that strong, but through all her knowledge of books, she knew how to fight, where to hit, and how to hit. The man lurched forward as Shade drove her knee into his back, still choking him.

Shadeyrou
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:41 pm

The man flung Saylee to the side before he lurched at Shade. She fell into several of the wooden bar stools that lined the dirty inn pub. She again cried in pain, not even sure of what just happened. She forced herself to get up to try and run before she realized the immense, sharp pains she was feeling all over her body.

She looked over towards the inn door and saw Shade choking the burly man. Saylee forced herself to her feet, picking up a piece of splintered wood from a broken bar stool as she stood. She staggered over to the man and slammed the splintered wood at his knee.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!