Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Black Diamond Circle

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Black Diamond Circle

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolvesvane on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:04 pm

<<sorry for not posting for so long!! sorry sorry sorry!!>>

"What happened to all of them?" Jazmine asked, looking down at the emtpy ground. She looked back up at the girl with the rather tattered letter. "I got one." she said, holding hers up to compare. They looked exactly the same. "How do they look the same?" she asked, studing them, trying to find differences.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wolvesvane
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:38 pm

Cassandra cleared her throat, eyes going from the knight before her to the girl holding up her own letter. She then twisted slightly to look at the now settled scene in the inn. Where did those girls go?
"Well, ah..." She cleared her throat once more, grasping the edges of her cloak in a brief curtsy, "Sir Knight."
She turned and shuffled back over to the other mages (even if they did not realize that this was what they were), withdrawing her own letter. "My friends, it appears that we all received this letter. And it also appears that they are the same, word for word. All we seem to be lacking at this point is the author of said...er...invitations. Have we honestly no idea who sent them?"
She looked from face to face, frowning at the puzzle that had presented itself.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:41 pm

"No. None of my skin is ripped open, but I'm sure I'll have some bruises tomorrow."

Saylee smiled slightly again and sat beside Shade on the bed.

"My leg hurts a lot, and the arm where the jerk grabbed me." She gently rubbed her arm, reliving the incident that had just occured. "I can move them so it must not be that bad. Don't worry about feeding me. You have already done enough." She paused.

"Look...thanks again for helping me. I am almost embarassed about what happened. I don't always look as bad as I did before I changed just now."

She bowed her head, twidling her thumbs in her lap. "It has been a rough few days. Well..worse than usual anyway."

Saylee quickly searched her mind for something to change the subject. It just occured to her how pitiful she sounded.

"When is that stupid wizard or whatever he is supposed to be here?"
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:02 pm

"When is he supposed to be here? Whenever he intends to be here..." She shrugged. "You don't have to stay up here, if you'd rather be with the others they're all down there." Shade stretched and laid back on the bed. At the rate I'm spending money now I'll need to visit a bank soon... "Sorry I'm not more entertaining... I usually just read all day."

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:29 pm

The bed shook and creaked as Shade lied back on the bed. Saylee held onto the bed, surprised as how much it moved.

"Don't worry about en...enter...entertaining me. After what just happened, I don't expect it." She cursed herself in her head for trying to use a new word.

She looked back at Shade who had collapsed on the bed, her little smile still on her face. "Is there anything I can do to pay you back for helping me?"

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:39 pm

"Don't worry about it, no need to repay me." She noted her trouble with words and sat up slowly, "Can you read?" She reached for her book bag. "You know, I was a teacher back home. Though it was mostly younger people. I've really been trying to find someone who can read, because I don't have anyone other than myself to read my own writing. So, I'm not sure if it's any good..."

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:50 pm

"Of course I can read...I can..."

She stopped and looked at the reading material that Shade was pulling out her bag.

"I just have trouble with big words sometimes...That's all. I don't need a teacher or anything. I was in school when I was little."

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:59 pm

Shade nodded, "Ok, well, can you try to read this story I'm writing? It's fiction, so it's not too extensive in vocabulary... You don't have to but... And I'll help you if you get stuck." Shade seemed to be getting a little excited, a very strange occurrence. She pulled out a book with no title, "This is it..." She seemed to hold it with great care. "So... Will you read it?"

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:07 pm

"Um..."

Sayless hesitated. She hated being embarassed, and would feel like a child if she got stuck on words. What would the other mages think of her if they learned that she couldn't even read?

"I haven't met the others...but can you not tell them that I am not good at reading? I'll read your book." She took it in her hands as carefully as Shade had pulled it out.

"I'll try to anyway...Maybe it will help me learn..."

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:14 pm

"I'd be willing to bet at least one of them can't read at all, it's no big deal. But ok, I won't tell them." She smiled, sincerely as Saylee took the book. "Plus... Most people consider writing and reading useless skills..." The first few pages introduced the setting, and gave descriptions of the lands, and told of a war between two great countries.

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:28 pm

((OOC: We are RPing maniacs, shade! xD))

Saylee smiled nervously as she took the book. "I don't think they are useless skills. I just...I never had the chance to finish my school back at home."

She backed up on the bed and pulled her knees up to her on the bed so that she could rest the book against her thighs. She opened the cover carefully and started to read the beginning of the introduction. She only had to pause once on the first page, which gave her more courage to press on to the following pages. She found herself getting more and more interested in the story.

She stopped after reading the first three pages and looked to Shade. "You were right, this is simple to read."

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:37 pm

((Heck yes! :P))

Shade nodded, still smiling. "Keep reading."

The next few pages introduced a caravan traveling through the land between to the two warring countries. The first dialog appeared as well. On one particular night, one of the women in the caravan gave birth to a baby girl. The father had left the girl's mother a long while back.

"What do you think so far? I know you're not at the story quite yet, but, the style of writing. You know what I'm talking about?"

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:56 pm

"I love it so far! You are a really good writer." She turned the pages gently, recognizing that the crisp crinkling of the pages sounded like the parchment she had left with her dress in the bathroom.

"How did you get into writing? Have you done a lot of schooling?" She flattened her legs on the bed, which also lowered the book, so that she could talk to Shade for a moment. She was loving having a sort-of friend to talk to.
Last edited by Angel_Melfina on Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolvesvane on Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:59 pm

<<where are the other people?>>

wolvesvane
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:06 pm

((Well, I had a sort of computron problem, which should sort itself out in a week, so, my posts are a bit off))

Allan had shighed, and sat down, the man's armor quite heavy for him to constantly wear. After what appeared to be hours waiting, he went away from the bar, having the local blacksmith help him take off the clumsy suit. "If that suit ever comes from the East... it will be a grand day..." The main said. As he was lighented, his spirts rose, and the man headed back towards the inn. He was now wearing a lighter shirt, with his elblem placed over his hear, while his pants, a dull grey, seemed to be a sort of contrast to his shirt. He walked in,, looking around casualy, wondering how he could find a mage, without being extremely obious

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JTF on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:44 pm

[[Short answer no, longer answer is still no. The only roleplaying game in which I was actually having genuine fun was being ignored by everybody bar me and its creator (actually, I'm not being fair, Music The Art Of Life was sort of fun), and the Warr/Saladin shitstorm was enough to convince I should satiate my roleplaying needs elsewhere, on a board where two prominent members didn't act like morons and where others didn't give me a reputation of being a troll. And on that note, thank you Angel for helping on that front.]]

JTF
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:24 am

"Well, I did do quite a bit of schooling, but it a lot of it was studying I chose to do myself. I received some basic reading and writing lessons, and for a while a after that I just read anything I could find, and wrote occasionally. A while later I went into official education and graduated top of my class. Reading and writing have been the only things keeping me alive all this time." She nodded, her smile still persisting. "What do you do for fun? Talents and stuff?"

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:16 am

Cassandra sighed a bit, looking around with slow growing impatience. Things seemed to be at a stalemate. And those two girls, she was certain they were involved in all this, had simply run off on their own. Where was the author of their letters? Had this simply been some elaborate prank?
Huffing slightly, she leaned against a railing. Well, she thought it had been a railing. As she was halfway down to the water and still dropping, it occurred to her that perhaps it had merely been a basket, or some unattached device of wood between the docks and the ocean. Before she could come to a complete decision, unfortunately-
SPLASH
She was soaking wet.
She broke the surface (well, technically, she had broken it on the first fall, therefore now she was REbreaking it) coughing and sputtering. Though she might have loved water, it was still a difficult thing to attempt to inhale it without proper preparation. Now, she swung her arms around in horizontal circles until she reached what really WAS an attached post, and clutched at it while attempting to catch her breath. She was naturally a very fine swimmer, but her large and ungainly robes made it difficult to do more than flounder.
"Oh, dear!" She had just realized that she had resurfaced minus one very special staff.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:22 am

((BTW I sent a PM to be the missing Ice element. Yet he hasn't replied yet. But I'll wait abit more then I'll post my char sheet here and join in))

Okutai
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:45 am

((OOC: Your Welcome, JTF! I'm glad I could help.

And yay Okutai! Hopefully you'll here from Jeweyll soon. I'm glad you're filling in for the ice mage position. =D))

"Wow. You really know what you are doing...I don't have many talents. I have learned how to make clothing out of scraps of cloth, and that's about it. When I'm not doing that, I'm just sort of...wandering. "

Saylee shrugged, feeling a little embarrased again.

"This parchment has given me a little bit of hope though. I don't see how I could possibly have any powers, but maybe there are things I don't know about myself. The person sending it must have been smart enough to send it to the right person, right?"

She forced out half of a smile, thinking back to the moment when the parchment first appeared in front of her. All the feelings of disbelief filled her heart and mind again. All those questions she kept asking were resurfacing. All the memories of her horrible past were coming back into her head playing over and over and...

She realized she had started to become lost in thought and shook her head to snap back to reality, hoping it wasn't noticeable.

"Is this all you do in your spare time...is write?" she blurted.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!