Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Breathtaking City of Venice.

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:15 pm

He took his hand from hers with a large amount of reluctance. He took another sip of the wine before taking a small piece of the veal. It was fantastic. He finished chewing and swallowed the tender meat before responding.

"I 'ave never been to Venice before today. T'ough I do t'ink I will be coming back."

He paused and smirked as he looked out the window and back in to her beautiful eyes.

"Florence is first, of course."

He said with his eyes still upon hers. His hand found hers and a laid a gentle stroke across her fingers before taking it. His eyes glimmering.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:09 pm

She realized how much she enjoyed the weight and the armth of his hand in hers.

"You will love Florence. She casts a spell over all who meat her, like a woman whose beauty is unattainable." She smiled thinking of the these she had to show him. Starting with Dante's tomb.

Slowly she pulled her hand away from his and began to eat her meal. The octopus was perfect. Eager to walk with him through the streets of Venice adn show him the Rialto and the Doge's palace she ate as fast as ettiquette would allow.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:13 pm

He got that playful smirk again. As soon as she spoke his eyes sparkled with something to say.

"So Florence is much like yourself den, Mon Cheré."

As he finished his words another piece of the mouth watering veal touched his tongue. He continued to go at such a pace as to keep a head of her. He never really understood why, he just always thought he should finish his mean first.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:33 pm

She knew from the way ththis eyes had held hers all night that his affection must be genuine. No one in their fight mind would follow a woman around Italy if he didn't care.

She finished her meal and helped him finish off the second bottle of wine,

"I hope you found everything Satisfactory. I wouldl ike to show you a couple of poits of interst in Venice, one is on the way back to my Hotel, would like to walk with me to see them or travel by Gondola?"

She knew the rialto was beautiful by night stretched across the grand Canal. The bridge as famous for its financial transactions in the hey day of La Serenissima, now it famous for its romance.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:43 pm

He smiled. As he finished his last glass of wine.

"Which ever you suggest mon étoile dirigeant."

He replied. The waiter set down the bill and said something in Italian before turning to leave. Gabriel paid and left a generous tip as he rose and took Madamé Seraphina's arm as they left.

He looked up to the sky. The stars shone as they walked down the street they way they had come. Stopping in front of the pier he turned and took both of Seraphina's hands. Taking a step closer to her he kissed her cheek gently.

"De moment of choice mon étoile dirigeant. De gondola, or de star lit road?"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:02 pm

It was her turn to be caught off guard by a kiss. She coyly broke off their eye contact momentarily. She took one hand out of Gabriel's and pushed her hair behind her ear. before pulling gently and his hand and lead him away from the pier and up the canal away from the bay.

"You said you had never been to Venice, Caro" the word seemed strange on her lips, "but I am sure that you have heard of the Rialto."

She walked beside him beneath the starlight and in the beauty of the momentn othing else mattered. All the tears she had shed tonight seemed a distant memory. There were no Colonies, there were no tensions, they were together. There was no sense of fear or dread as long as he wa there.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:19 pm

He smiles as sh led him away from the pier down the street under the stars. It was a fantastic evening. He was so caught up in the moment he almost missed her words.

"Oui Madamé. Never to Venice, I don usually go anyw'ere. Jus stay in Paris, or visit mon ami en de States."

His french really began to shine as he mentioned Paris. He truely did love his home. Beautiful cities, and beautiful people like Seraphina are the exact reason that he fought. Some one needed to. He smiled as he looked from the stone road to the sky again, and then to her hand. Cupped in his. The warmth of her palm felt so right, so natural. Gabriel normally wasn't the type to get close after loosing so many friends to the gundams, and then to OZ earlier in life. Even still, the smile did not cease to crease his face.

"T'ough, after an ecounter wit a beautiful stranger, it might stimulate one to travel more often."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:24 am

She was enjoying having him beside her as she turrned and led him down a street towards the Grand Canal.

"Gabriel lo adulate" she said with a smile. "I have never been to Paris despite the collection of art there from Florentines, well and those whose partrons were Florentines. I will have to go, eventually and see La Giaconda, I can only hope that you will be my guide." She squeezed his hand.

As they walked the sound of the Grand Canal lapping at the ancient Palazzos grew louder as in front of them out of the darkness the Rialto emerged.

"The arch there above the Canal," she said pointing towards the mass of of grey stone that was illuminated by street lights near by, "that is the Rialto. The money made there built Venice."

She turned and look up at him as they walked. "The Power of God, in a man. The comforter of woes. Yes the name fits.

Suddenly she stopped and let go of Gabriel's hand and began fumbling with clasp of the gold chain around her neck. She took off her crucifix. She took his hand and held it palm up placing the Crucifix in the palm of his hand before closinghis fingers around. "Adieu, Paulo."

Turning to Gabriel and looking directing into his eyes her eyes became serious though she never quit smiling. "I know angels do not need help, but take it so that i know you are well."

With that she kissed his hand that held the crucifx.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:33 am

He smiles keeping his hand closed as she proved she knew what his name meant. As she called him an angel he shook his head.

"You 'ave proved dat you are wise enough to know what my first name means mon Cheré. But you appear to be blind to de reasoning of my sur name."

He smiled sweetly at her puzzled look. He began to fasin the curcifix around his neck. As he fumbled with the clasp using both hands he leaned in close to her and paused smiling, before placing a gentle kiss upon her lips.

"I am a falcon, not an Angel mon Cheré."

He replied taking her hands after centering the cross upon his neck.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:51 am

Her heart beat so hard in her chest she felt that it must have been audible as he kissed her. She stood looking up at him as he centered the crucifix pleased that he had accepted her gift. Looking up at him as he took her hands in his she feared that he would see the mild hurt in her eyes, she looked towards the Rialto.

"You have to forgive my romanticism, it is geneteic," she giggled nervously.

A sudden sense of imminent separation gripped her. A pang in her heart she knew to well. She pulled him close and rested her head upon his chest, listening to his heart. "I will see him in florence," she thought to herself, calming her sudden anxiety.

"You might not be an angel, but you still fly," she whispered "and you answer prayers."

Fearing that she had said something that waxed terribly impractical again, she stepped away and met his gaze.

"The Rialto, awaits, and on the other side is my Hotel."

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:59 am

As she moved to walk away his left hand reached out and grabbed her forearm. Before either of them realized Gabriel had his arms around her again in a deep embrace as he gazed down into her flowing eyes.

"You make me fly."

He whispered, his French accent dissappearing momentarily. He kissed her softly. Gabriel poured more passion into that kiss than he even knew existed. He was flying. As the kiss ended he looked into her eyes.

"Now about the Rialto..."

He broke the silence with her still in a bear hug. He smiled as he did so. Then the image of battle streaked across his mind. Quickly he shook the thought as he released her and took her hand. I will come back. I have to come back.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:15 am

She felt the warmth of his hand on her forearm but never expected to be so consumed with passion as he kissed her. THERE IS NO OTHER, she thought as the kiss ended, and thier lips parted. His words ringing in her ears. She knew she would do whatever it took to keep him alive.
Staring up at him she was barely aware of his words. She stood silent until he released her from his embrace.

"Yes, the Rialto...."her voice drifted off the history of the bridge seemingly meaningless. She took a couple of steps to regain her senses before continuing.

"The Rialto, is where mercahnts would stand and watch for their ships to return, it was also a place where financial arangements of all varieties were made and formalized. Are you familiar with Shakespeare's 'Merchant of Venice'?"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:23 am

After he had let his bow-tie fall loose and undid the collar of the white dress shirt making the curcifix visible he stuffed his hands into the pockets of the black dresspants upon his legs. As they started off toward teh Rialto, she really did turn into his tour guide. This made him smile.

"I may be a Frenchman, but I am not totally uncultured Madamé."

With a playful smile from him and a blank stare from her they moved foreward. He enjoyed taking shots at his people in a mocking manner. He made primal war jokes all the time. It was funny to him, especially because he was determined to stay and fight. Fight until peace, or until death. Until Peace. he thought to himself as they continued.

"Oui, I am familliar wit de Merchant of Venice Cheré, quite de wonderful fairy tale."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:03 am

Rattled to the core she took comfort in knowing the history of Venice. She took Gabriel by the arm despite his hands being plunged into his pockets, amd rested her head against his shoulder taking time to admire her Crucifix around his bare neck. The nonshaclance of his unbottoned shirt put her at ease.

"I guess I do not have to tell you of the natureof the Rialto, then" she let her voice drift off int o the night.

As she walked she listened ot nothing but the sound of the water lapping in the Grand Canal and their footfalls. She stopped at the pinacle of the bridge infront of one of the small windows in the covered bridge.SHe looked odwn in to the water and watched the reflected starlight danceon the water. She tunred to Gabriel.

"Bella", she whispered, pulling him closer to her, "it is on nights like this that Lady Venice shows her true beauty."

She reached up and carressed the the crucifix at his neck, letting herh and restonthe exposed skin above his open collar.. Flashes of spring in Florence breifly danced across her mind.

She leaned in close to whisper in his ear, "This will keep you safe, it has me for three years.

For the first time in three years, seeing the cruciform did not evoke feelings of pain. Images of Florence in Spring faded to Venice in winter and there was a faith in god that had long grown cold.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:30 am

His gentle smile found his lips as he watched her finger the cross that dangled upon his chest. He closed his eyes to take in the feeling of her warm hands. With a sigh he turned from her and leant his forearms upon the windowsil as she joined him. Her head immediatly found his shoulder, as his head gently fel ontop of hers. They stared into the sparkling sea below them. The sound of the water was the only thing that was heard, save the rare passer-by. Gabriel was happy here. This moment was the aptiamy of perfection. There was nothing else that mattered in the world, except her. She was...breathtakingly wonderful. Gabriel considered breaking the silence more than once, but stopped himself short. He couldn't bare to ruin it, but finally the time came.

"It is getting late, mon Cher."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:52 pm

She had become so enraptured by the sound of the sea snd Gabriel's presence she knew that Venice had worked its magic. A soft sea breaze blew across her face and took with it all the pain of the last three years, giving her a clean emotional slate. The dreamy atmosphere of the perfect moment was so all encompassing that when Gabriel spoke it took a moment to even hear his words.

She stood up and stepped away from the windowsil, allowing her hand to slide across Gabriel's back before coming to rest on the small of his back, leaving her standing on the opposite side of him.

"You are right, il mio dolce, it is late," her voice sounded far away and sad in her ears.

She reached up and gently turned his head to face her and kissed him, softly, before pulling him close, and whispering in his ear, "Mi amore'."

She released him from her embrace and walked a couple of steps ahead of him, before turning around to face him. When she spoke her voice lacked any note of suggestion. "My hotel is not far from here, walk me home?"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:13 pm

He stood behind her for a minute as he thought to himself Mon Cheré He stepped foreward and let his arm slide around her shoulder pulling her close as they started off toward her hotel.

"Mais de couler mon amour, je ne rêverais pas de n'importe quoi différent."

With a saddened smile he continued to walk in silence, just allowing the night to take effect so that in the morning he would know it was real. Though the crucifix he now wore around his neck was a good indication. He smiled to himself as his eyes danced up the cobblestone road as his opposite hand fingered the necklace. He turned to Seraphina and with a saddened smile he spoke.

"Proof dat you exsist."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:19 pm

Val was sitting in the lobby of the hotel, reading a set of documents that had been faxed to him. He had been here for only a matter of an hour, but he already had work that needed to be done. He ignored everyone and everything that passed him by, fixated on the sheets he was holding. So much so that he didn't even see her walk in. The girl he had been hoping to see again, Seraphina Alighieri. Val closed his eyes and dropped the papers on a side table and leaned his head back. He opened his eyes again after a few seconds and looked up at the ceiling. It wasn't as beautiful as the ceiling in the cathedral, but it was still impressive. Val let out another sigh and closed his eyes. What was he doing here anyways? He wasn't exactly sure, but he felt he was here for some reason, and hopefully, it'll be revealed soon.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:38 pm

He stood in the lobby of her hotel with her as the night had ended. He had an extremely pleased smile upon his face as they talked of the night and of the night to come. He took both of her hands.

"'ow about you show me more of dis beautiful city tomorrow night mon Cher?"

He watched a little bit of rose colour flush her cheeks as he asked her a simple question. This made Gabriel grin a little bit and kissed her cheek whispering in her ear.

"Of course. Il signore, sarebbe il mio piacere"

He smiled as she replied and kissed her cheek again. He nipped her ear playfully. He took the chance at going a little bit further and she smiled.

"Den I shall see you tomorrow eve, mon Cheré."

He whispered mon Cheré in her ear as he gave her a hug and watched as she stepped backward. Her hand sliding from his as she made her way slowly up the stairs.

"La bonne nuit mon nouvel amour trouvé."

He watched her dissappear up the stairs, with her breathtaking black evening gown flowing behind her. He slipped his hands into the pants of his black dress pants after untucking the glimmering white dresshirt with a black spot from her masscara. He smiled as he remembered it. He undid another button and played with his collar before his hands found the curcifix she had given him. A heartfelled smile found his lips as he turned to leave the hotel and make his way back to his Aries for the night.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:04 pm

The night had been perfect. Eagerly she wished for tomorrow, but "San Marcos Fisrt." she reminded herself.

She stoppd about half way up the stairs and turned to watch him leave. As she truned her head there was a face she recognized in the lobby. Her hands began to shake as all her breathe fled her body. "how did he find me" she asked herself, "Am I who he is looking for?"

Slowly she walked down the stairs bracing herself on the railing, debating as to wether or not to chase after Gabriel and beg that he stay with her. At the bottom of the stair she was certain tht htis was the man she had met in Florence earlier. "How?" she thought to herself.

Clumsily she trned and ran back up the stairs, never stopping until she had reached her room. Sh slammed the dorr shut behind her, and whished she knew how to find Gabriel

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.