Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Breathtaking City of Venice.

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:16 pm

Val let out a loud yawn, which caused several people in the lobby to look at him. Val just muttered a few words, not really caring exactly what they were, and looked down to the papers that he had let fall to the floor. Val let out a sigh, then a tired groan as he reached down to pick them up. Completely unaware of anything that had happened in the several hours that he had been sitting in the lobby, Val stretched, cracked his neck and back, which drew a few more nasty looks and slowly headed towards the stairs. It seemed like an eternity since he had been sitting in the lobby, but it had only been around two minuets. He reached his room and unlocked the door. It was a fancy room, but he really didn't care about that right now. He saw the bed, pushed the door closed behind him which resulted in a loud thud and headed over to the bed, nothing bothering to lock the door. Right now, Val didn't care. He stopped when his knees hit the side of the bed and he fell face first onto the mattress, letting the papers slide out of his hand and onto the top of the bed. He was asleep in a matter of minuets.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:17 pm

As soon as he left the building a cigarette was between his lips and lit. With a deep inhale he filled his lungs with the smoke that he so heartily desired. With a fullfilled sigh following an exhale he fell against the front of the hotel. When he finished the cigarette he stepped off from the wall and looked up the wall.

"Je me demande où sa pièce est"

He said scaning the windows for some indication that it was Seraphina's room. Sighing deeply, but happily he stuffed his hands back into the pockets of his pants and started off towards his Aries.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:02 pm

Her heart was pounding in her chest, as she leaned agianst the door, her eyes darting back and forth to the phone and the window. Hoping beyond allreason she ran to the window and flung it open. Her eyes searched the street for any sign of Gabriel. The wasn't one. She fell to her knees, her head resting aginst the windowsil.

"San Christopher lo protegge sopra sulle mie corse da danno. In nome del padre il figlio ed il fantasma santo amen" she prayed fervently for the first time in years.

It was around midnight before she picked herself off of the floor and went to bed. Sleep never really came and the fear never subsided.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:56 pm

He reached the gentle clearing where the Aries was nealed. He flicked away the butt of his third cigarette since leaving Seraphina. Each one was lit up as he thought of her. With a quick hop he was standing on the knee of the knelt mobile suit. He yawn slightly and opened the hatch. Quickly he began to rid his body of his new found suit. He did look suave, but Gabriel prefered his black jeans and tapped wrists, and soon he had his black jeans on. He grabbed a roll of black tape and sat down on the knee. He began to tape up his right hand and his thoughts began to wander back to the beautiful goddess he left in that hotel room. Now it was time for another smoke. He was still taping his wrists and forearms, so removing the cigarette and getting it lit was quite the sight to see. None the less he had it done and continued to roll the tape as he thought about her.

"Ah Seraphina, mon cheré."

He sighed as he finished tapping his arms and put out the cigarette. After pulling his white shirt back on he took a seat in the cockpit of the Aries and dropped the seat back before falling asleep.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:26 pm

Morning came, and it was bright. Val woke with a loud yawn and stood up. He stretched and leaned back, cracking both his arms, his neck and his back in the process. He leaned forward and groaned.

"Oh man, that hurt, but it felt sssoooooo good!"

Val headed over to the shower and quickly undressed and step into the water, not even waiting for it to become hot. The cold water jolted him awake, and as the water slowly back warm, it relaxed him a bit, and once it became hot, be began actually washing. After the thirty minuet shower, Val dried off, threw on the same cloths as he had on yesterday and headed downstairs. He locked the door behind him, knowing that he didn't last night, and still not caring. Val didn't want to spend too much time in luxury, so he headed out to a small cafe that someone had recommended to him once upon a time. Once there, he ordered a few pastries and a coffee. He lit up a cigarette as he waited, thinking about how beautiful it was going to be today. After breakfast, Val hoped the first flight back to North America.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:08 am

The sun broke the horizon in the East and Gabriel was already up having a cigarette. He stood in the grass in the forest in his black jeans. He had a smoke in his left hand taking a large drag, and with his right hand he fingered the crucifix around his neck. He smiled as his fingers traced the pieces of it. He bowed his head and took another drag. With an exhale he looked up at the Aries he stood in front of.

"Mon Aries, nous avons eu quelques bons temps mon ami. Mais, cette femme, Seraphina peut être assez de vous donner en haut."

The Aries he was flying was built upon the frame and basic computer system of his old Aries, the one he flew as a member of White Fang. With a sad smile he remembered the good old days. Last time Gabriel was not so egar to get rid of his mobile suit, this time, as soon as the war ended he was ready to ditch it. He wanted to be on the front lines just to help finish the war sooner so he would be able to get back to Seraphina. He flicked the filter as his thoughs came back to her. Everything seemed to come back to her. He sighed wondering if he should wait until nightfall to go meet her again. He played with the thought for a minute before deciding to go leave her a message at the front desk.

He walked up to the clerk at the front desk in Seraphina's hotel. He set his hand on the counter and stuffed his right one into a pocket of his jeans before he started to look around. The desk was unattended, he wondered if he should come back at nine or ten. That seemed like a reasonable time, that was when most places opened. He decided wait another few minutes.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:33 am

She woke to a bright sun and it all seemed a dream. Her hand absentmindedly went to her neck seeking the crucifix. It was real she though as she remeber her evening with Gabriel. She wasn't very rested but the night had passed uneventfully. She yawned and ran her hand through her hair.

She hopped in the shower and hopped out quickly, "Breakfast then San marcos"she said as she pulled on jeans and a red fitted shirt.

She ran down the stairs to lobby in order to catch breakfast

"Gabriel," she shouted at him at the front desk, "I didn't expect to see you."

She walked up and threw her arms around him and kissed him.

"Hungry?"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:52 am

He raised a brow at her after she kissed him. His arm around her back as she questioned him. He grinned.

"Always, mon Cher."

He replied as he took her arm and began to start off toward the door. He pulled open the door for her and followed her through. He then again took her arm as they stepped out onto the street. He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"I was actually jus coming to see if you wanted to 'ave dinner tonight mon cher. But breakfast is jus as good. W'ere to?"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:09 am

As they exited the hotel she was relieved, she knew she was safe as long as there was aomeone with her. She walked with him to a little cafe' across the street and sat down, after looking around like anervous cat for Val.

"I am so glad to see you, Caro. I had such a scare last night, If I could have found you I would have. I think I am being followed."

She held her hands to her temples and rested her arms on the table.

"I must seem absolutely paranoid to you, or maybe just mad. I am so scared. I just met the man before I left for here, adn last night he was sitting in the lobby. I don't know it could al be in my head it was just strange."

She ran her hands through her hair, nervously.

she smiled, and flagged down a waiter. "I hope your night ws less eventful."

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:19 am

Gabriel gave her a concerened look and took her hand in both of his one on the bottom, one ontop rubbing the back of her soft hand. He looked deeply into her eyes and made sure she was paying attention before he spoke.

"Mon Cher, you need not be afraid. I am 'ere wit you now. An if he scares you..."

Gabriel stopped there. He didn't want to think about killing. Not anymore. He looked up at the waiter and smiled. He looked back to Seraphina and kissed the back of her hand and rubbed his cheek into her hand before kissing it again. He looked back up to the waiter and back to her.

"'ow do you say black coffee in Italian?"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:39 am

She smiled wanly knowing how he was gint to finish his statement.

"It's alright, I am sure it won't come to that."

The reality of his life was slowly beginning to sink in. It made her sad and she was sure it flashed across hr eyes, but it didn't matter, she had Venice.

She turned to the waiter and spoke, her voice thin and crracking on the wave of emotions that threatened to engulf her.

"Avrà coffe che nero gradirei un cappacino ed i pasteries, contratto d'affitto."

She turned back to Gabriel lost in his green eyes she though again of ways that she could keephim alive despite it all. "The house of Alighieri just might have to enter into politics again, I am not sure how, but it might." She mused. "I NEED a copy of The Prince."

"I have to go to san marcos today, and speak to the curator about fixing the horse, You can come if you like I won't be very entertaing, unless you like watching people restore art." she laughed but it wasn't genuine.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:54 am

He nodded to the waiter after she spoke. He kept one of her hands in his and with his other he reached up and brushed her tender cheek. Then she spoke again and he smiled when she mentioned the name.

"Ah, monsier Alighieri, w'at a wonderful poet. An I would assume an interesting man, considering 'e believed he travelled to 'ell wit 'is 'ero Virgil. Why do you need to go dere mon Cher?"

He smiled as he looked at her again and kissed her hand again waiting for his coffee.

"I would love to watch someone restore culture incarnate. I don believe I 'ad plans for today, actually I don't 'ave plans for any day. My schedual for de next while appears to be free, unless dere is some major crisis mon Cher. Den I move wit'out command."

The waitor came back and dropped off his black coffee and a large plate of breakfast pasteries followed by a cappacino for her. Gabriel watched her over the rim of the mug as he took a long drink of the hot coffee. He set the mug down and fingered the crucifix momentarilly making sure it was still here. His right hand never leaving hers.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:54 am

Everytime he kissed her hand she blushed. The red in her cheeks was accented by the red shirt she wore. She smiled at the mention of Dante, and took a sip from her cappacino, never moving her hadnd form his. It was comforting to feel the warmth of his skin.

"I remebered what you said about wanting to protect the Earth and being willing to die doing so,"

Her eyes misted over briefly

"I can't really live with the idea of doing nothing and having you die, mi amor, so like Dante I have opted to enter politics. I am not sure how or where or any of that, and well The Prince by Machiavelli is the worlds best manual on the subject."

She took a sip of her drink to hide her brown eyes from him. Everyone knows politicians are not well liked. She set down her coffee and changed the subject.

"And he was interesting. Writing is the only thing that kept him sane after being banished from Florence. HE knew more about hell I think than the dead. "

She sighed deeply again wondering how much she should tell him about her past. Why she was so determined to be involved on some level, why he mattered so much to her. Across form her was a man form one of the noble houses of France and she from one of the most famous houses in Italy. It all seemed so strange. And again with death and dead.

She tucked her hair back behind her ear, and lifted Gabriels hand to her lips. Fixing her eyes oonhis she kissed his hand.before laying his hand back on the table as it was before.

"Gabriel, there is something I should tell you. It will explain a lot."

She held her breath waitin for him to tell her to go on.
[/u]

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:20 pm

He sipped his coffee with a warm smile as she told him that she wanted to enter politics. The reason she disclosed was more than flattering. With a slight blush that he made an attempt to hide he rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb.

"I see Cheré. I 'ave 'eard good t'ings about dat book, unfortunatly, I 'ave not de time to read. It seems dat now I 'ave to spend every waking moment thinking of you or smoking."

He grinned as he spoke making a little joke, but hoped it was flattering none the less. Gabriel continued to smile as she kissed his hand. When her eyes turned serious, his mirrored hers as she spoke.

"Gabriel, there is something I should tell you. It will explain a lot."

"Go a'ead Cheré"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:03 pm

She smiled at his joke, and squeezed his hand, deeply flattered that she was his biggest distraction.

She breathed deeply after he told her to go ahead, desperately seeking a calm place inside of her self. It would be the first time in years sice she had actually spoken of Paulo to another living soul. She licked herlips and sqeezed Gabriel's hand again before plunging into her story.

"I was engaged to a pilot, years ago, well a littleover three to be exact. He was killed int he last battle of the war. I threw myself into my work, never married. I felt so totally helpless at that time, I can't do that to myself again, il mio bello."

She became so emotional that english was no longer an option. There were tears in her eyes, but she refused to let fall.

"Non posso ripetere quello a me. Siete troppo meravigliosi ed al genere per non provare e non fare qualcosa per. Non penso che potrei vivere con me."

She stopped and took a drink, forcing the ache to subside so that she could continue.

"The crucifix you wear was my engagement ring essentially. Keep it and remember me. But now you know why I ca no longer be idle."

She took another sip of her coffee and looked him straight in the eyes. All of her passion, her love and her loss could be found in her brown eyes.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:11 pm

He matched the pressure of hers on his as he squeezed back trying to keep her calm. She slowly began to pour out her heart and soul. Her history. Gabriel sat there quietly for a minute. He held the coffee in his left hand with his left leg crossed over his right. Swirling the coffee and taking one last drink he dropped a twenty on the table before standing up. He made his way behind her as she still sat. Drapping his arms around her neck and crossing them over her chest he bent down and whispered in her ear.

"Come wit me my love."

He dragged his arms up hers and took her right hand with his left as she rose. He began to lead her out of town. Toward the forest.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:22 pm

She melted into Gabriel as he stood behind her. Shaken by her confession she let him lead her where he would. As they walked through Venice and headed out of the city it seemed as though her past was falling away from her, she had forgiven herself for not doing more, the first time.

As the city gave way to forest, a sense of confusion descended on her what on earth could he want to show her out here. They certainly were not off on a picnic. but she continued to follow him without hesitation.

Often she thought about speaking but she really had nothing to say at this point. Her nuerotic behavior of the previous night had been explained, her desire for him to have her necklace as well, even her descision to enter politics, which may tear them apart had all been laid out in a simple confession.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:34 pm

Gabriel had noticed she kept quite the entire journey, but so had he. He kept walking with her hand in his strong one through the green and beautiful trees that paved the way. Gabriel kept silent and continued to push on, usually a step or two infront of her, but his hand always in hers. When the trees broke there it was. His massive grey Aries on it's left knee resting it's left arm upon it. It's head was bowed, but still managed to stare at them. The massive rod of a scythe hung from it's back between the large thrusters. As they stopped Gabriel looked over its finish. The magnificent war machine sparkled under the early sun and it's visor gleamed.

"Mon Aries,"

He whispered, hoping she heard him. For a moment he found his mind wondering what Paulo flew, and for what Faction. He bit his lip hoping it wasn't OZ or well any other faction but White Fang, and if he did, Gabriel hoped it wasn't him to break this woman's heart by destroying her lover.

"My suit, mon Cher."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:55 pm

She stared at the Aries awestruck. A terrible chill ravaged her body, as her flesh broke out into goose bumps. Before her stood a shining great hulking mass, the likeness of which she had faught to obliterate from her memory. THe only reason she new it was an Aries was because Gabriel had told her so, but the similarite=ies to Paulo's wrenched her heart.

She felt ill and sat down quickly on the ground

"Caro, that is yours?"

she swallowed hard.

"I have never been so close to one before. Mio Dio!"

Her head was swimming. She held her hand to her mouth in disbelief. Her eyes wide she just stared a the Aries.

"Gabriel, Gabriel.... How? Why, show me this?"

Slowly she tried to stand but her knees were far to week to hold her slim frame and she fell back to the ground.

"Hold me," she whispered.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:16 pm

His arms snatched out before she had to ask. He held her up easily as she looked over the Aries. He paused holding her, not to close in fear that he had hurt her.

"Oui Seraphina, dis is mine. I bring you 'ere for you to see de beast dat will keep me alive, and permit me to do somet'ing about de situation of de Eart' at de same time. I 'ave piloted dis machine before, it is de frame of my old Aries, destroyed after de last great battle. I bring you 'ere for you to see de t'ing dat day after day I put my life in de 'ands of. Per'aps to give you a better sence of security den de crucifix dat 'as now become part of me."

He finished his speach, hoping that she could somewhat understand. He was not one for blind faith, so selfishly he assumed that she wouldn't be either. Then the contradicting thought began to flood his mind. Perhaps they should leave, maybe he should turn her away, maybe he should just get in the Aries and fly away, maybe...nothing. He just stood there and held her tighter in his arms staring up at the mobile suit with her.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.