Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Breathtaking City of Venice.

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:15 pm

Sitting on the ground in Gabriel's arms she felt a grim reality set in. She knew what he was but this had only confirmed it, made it more real, and despite her emotional outburst it only hardened her resolve to find a way to keep the peace. Paulo's brother had told her of the smoldering wreckage that had been Paulo's suit, and that converstion played over again in her mind. Maybe I should ewalk away and leave him, He will always be a fond memory for me, she thought. But she couldn't leave him, wouldn't leave him. She knew too well how love could keep a pilot on his toes. It wa a story she had heard over and over again.

She looked up into his eyes. She slowdh er breathing and forced herself to regain a sense of composure and sanity.

"Mi amore, this is too familiar and yet very strange. I have been able to ignore the existence of these suits for three years. Now I cannot. I am sorry, I must seem a madwoman. "

She maneuvered herself so that she was facing him and kissed him passionately, letting her sadness and her love pass from her to him.

"I am not sure I am prepared for this, dolce, but I am not so much a fool to to throw away the best thing tht has happened to me in three years, and we all know the fall of the horses is inevitable."

I guess this is how it will be providedh er doesn't think me insane she thought.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:25 pm

His left hand held her cheek as she spoke as his other brushed her hair back. When she finished his eyes were determined yet caring. He gave her a look, a serious look trying to say, without words, that he would always come back to her. He couldn't bring himself to say it aloud, because there was always that possiblity that he could not. Instead he slipped his left hand down her cheek to her chin and kissed her just as passionatly as she had kissed him. As he sat back letting his lips pull from hers, he brushed her hair again and his hand fell from her cheek. He smiled at her as he continued to brush her hair, the smile quickly faded.

"Don we 'ave an appointment at san marcos today?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:47 pm

She had given herself over to him completely, every caress every kiss. The look in his eye told her of a promise that he could not in all reality verbalize. She accepted it with by caressing his cheek.

"Si, Gabriel. I do. You make me forget why I am here."

She disentangled herself form his embrace and stood up, wiping small leaves and other bits of debris form her jeans. From her pocket she produced a red scrunchie and she tied her hair back into a pony tail. It was a ritual to calm her nerves. She turned and looked up at the Aries again.

Silently she prayed that God would keep him safe

"Despite all this madness of mine, I have a relic to restore. First I must speak with the Docent, but then I should be able to start working on YOUR damage."

Her voice had the tone of a professor again. She was going back into her element.

She smiled it was a week smile but there was a light of happinness in her eyes. She took Gabriel by the hand adn started back towards Venice.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:54 pm

He laughed as she sneered at him for burning Destruction the previous day. This returned a smile to his lips as he took her hand and the began to make there way back into the forest. Before it totally dissappeared he looked back at the suit and looked it over. He began to wonder if he really should give up this foolish battle. Shaking the thought he smiled again re-noticing his hand encased in hers as they reached the edge of the most beautiful city Gabriel had ever seen. He kissed her cheek without even thinking about it and smiled at her.

"Come now, I didn't do dat much damage to de 'orseman mon Cher."

He spoke grinning at her as she glared a little.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:09 pm

She glared at him

"in comparison to the sack of Constatinople, no, but Mio dio!"

She threw her arm in the air exasperated by him.

"I should make you stand out there and restore it."

She smiled wickedly at the very image of him hunched over the statue with the noxious chemicals that it takes to remove smoke and fire damage. She knew what would take her an hour might take him three.

"I think I will!"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:35 pm

He laughed at her frustration, but his face was shook into seriousness when she decided that he would restore it. With a blank stare and a blink he mustered his words back. The frenchman had lost his charm.

"You can't do dat Cher, w'at if I make it worse?"

He stammered blankly. She had caught him off guard. Not many people had accomplished that feat. He was impressed, yet still surprised. Catching up to her he wrapped his left arm around her shoulder and hugged her in tight and kissed her cheek.

"You're not really going to make me restore it are you Cheré?"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:47 pm

She took utter delight in seeing him so shocked. Finally she had ruffled his feathers. She couldn't supress a giggle as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She leaned her head his arm.

"What do I get out of it if I don't?"

A wickedly flirtacious grin spread itself across her lips and a light came into her eyes.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:53 pm

He planted a quick kiss on her lips as she asked him her last question. If he wasn't french, he would have blushed. He hugged her tighter to him as they continued down the street. He let her lead considering he had no idea where they were going.

"W'atever you want mon amour."

He grinned slyly as he spoke. He knew that was exactly what she wanted to hear, in exactly the tone she wanted to hear it. He was enjoying this flirting. He kissed her cheek again as they continued to walk.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:33 pm

She blushed openly her conservative Florentine nature, loved romance but had its own very Catholic issues. This is blasphemous she thought as she led him towards the Piazza San Marcos, flirting like this on the way to a Church.

"Anything, mi amor?"

She raised her eyebrows daring him to renegotiate, but his smile told her that that he had laid out his terms and there was no going back

"Well then, Caro, these are the terms. I restore the horse, you walk with me to get a copy of The Prince, and spend the night with me."

Boldly she met met his eyes, and smiled that same wicked smile. Why does original sin have to be so much fun. she thought to herself.

She led him across the the Piazza San MArcos into the Basilica. At the nave stood a docent. Like two tourists they walked towards the Docent with their arms around each other.

"Signor, il mio nome è Seraphina Alighieri e provengo dall'istituto olandese delle arti fini a Firenze,"

She said as she pulled her wallet out of her back pocket and handed him a card.

"Sono stato trasmesso qui per chronicle il Bascilica ed ho notato i certi danni su uno i quattro cavalli. Sono disposto a ristabilire quello mentre sono qui."

The docent looked her over once.

"Si, Signora, sarebbe un honour per averlo wrok sui nostri cavalli. Permetta che me vi ottenga i rifornimenti necessari."

He nodded to her and disppeared into a closet near the nave.

"He is getting what I need, Caro. I am not sure how long this will take."

She hoped he didn't notice that she was lying.

Quietly as a monk the docent returned, with a five gallon bucket with rags. cloth gloves and a couple of different bottles of clear solutions.

"Qui andate signora Alighieri."

"Grazie"

She said as she took the bucket from the docent and moved away from Gabriel.

"The horses call."

She nodded towards the from door.

Once outside she pulled a mask out of the bucket and tied it around her neck before pulling on cloth gloves, and tying the mask to cover her mouth and nose. She pulled a brush and a bottle form the bucket. She oened the bottle. It had a faintly alcohol like smell.

"Would you like me to explain what I am doing?"

Again her voice sounded like aprofesor. She didn't wait for an answer before diving int a lecture. about how the cleaner would break down and remove the ash without damaging the pettina. She brushed on the cleanser and scrubbed it lightly. She then capped the bottle and took a rag and wiped off the residue. She hled it up for Gabriel to see, she glared at him again

"This is all you, Caro
."

She opened the second bottle which smelled like a normal sealent. She went on to explain that this would Protect the statue from any further damage from the elements with out disrupting the pettina.

The whole process took about 45 minutes

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:44 pm

He grinned as she told him her terms. With a kiss on the cheek and a squeeze upon her shoulder he still smiled not being able to help himself. With a fake sigh he replied.

"All right, you win Cheré. I will walk you to get your book and I will spend de night by your side."

His boyish grin never faded as the met the monk at San Macros. He listened and waited as the monk came back with everything she needed. He carried the bucket for her over to Destruction. He leaned against a wall as she began to talk. With a grin he removed a cigarette and placed it between his lips. When she turned around and held up the rag she glared evil. Gabriel laughed as he removed the unlit cigarette from his lips. She hit him playfully in the arm as he couldn't help but laugh harder.

"I swear I wasn't going to put it out on Destruction dis time...I t'ink it's Pestilence's turn."

Gabriel joked. This was cause for another slap to the shoulder. He laughed again, she knew he was just joking with her, but it was fun none the less.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:03 am

She shook her hand from the second slap to Gabriel's shoulder. Her brows knit as she playfully mouthed the word "ow"

"There I am done."

She said as he took off the mask and the gloves.

"See it isn't all bad you could have done it, of course this way I get the better end of the deal,"

she smiled again, brushing the wispy hairs that had come out of her pony tail, back from her face with the back of her hand

She dropped the bottles back into the bucket, picked it up and handed it to Gabriel.

"There mi amor, I did the hard part. Let's give this back to the Father and go find a book."

As he started walking away from her she reached out and grabbed his hand and pulled him to her, placing a gentle kiss on his lips.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:09 am

Her kiss caught him off guard, though he did his best not to show it. He placed his right hand on the back of her head as they kissed because the bucket still hung from his left. He smiled and offered her his arm as they started back toward where the Monk had been.

"I suppose you do get de better end of de deal Cher, but w'o is to say dat I wouldn't 'ave spent de night wit you and walked you to get your book anyways?"

He asked grinning playfully at her trying to ruin her fun a little bit.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:30 pm

With the last kiss she knew she was entirely his. There was no one regardless of the past.

"It would be arrogant to think that you would come with me, just for the company,"

She tried to feign the same look of humility seen on the face of every Madonna, but burst out laughing instead. It felt good to laugh. She playfully nudged him with her shoulder. Just before they entered the main door.

The monk she had spoken to earlier was busy leading a tour around the Bascilica, but turned to face her when the door closed. He just pointed to the closet dorr on the saide of the of nave, and nodded.

"Gabriel, Caro, would you please take that to the closet he pointed to on the right. I will be right back."

As she walked away she turned and blew him a kiss.

She found a the Altar of the Madonna, and lit a candle. She knelt before a byzantine Icon, The Virgins face was dour and her halo was inlaid with gold leaf and jewels. The blue od her robe was rich as the twilight sky

"Mary, Mother of GOd, Queen of Heaven, blessed be thy name. Guide and protect him from misfortune, show him your infinite mercy and love. Bring him back to me. In the name of the father the son adn the holy ghost."

She crossed herself before standing and walked back to Gabriel at the rear of the Bascilica. She xtanded her hand to him.

"Shall we?"

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:55 pm

He smiled and nodded before heading off to the closet in the direction the monk had pointed. With no trouble finding it he set down the bucket and shut the door. He turned and returned to where they entered. Leaning against a wall he watch Seraphina rise from the Virgin mother and head back toward him. He wondered what she was doing there, but if he had learned anything about religion it was best not to ask what moment her and her beliefs had together. With a quick smile he took her hand and they returned the the bright sunlight of Venice.

"W'ich way mon Cher?"

He asked smiling at her. If Gabriel knew better than to use the word love, that would be how to describe Seraphina. Standing outside of one of the most beautiful buildings in history with the woman he cared about in his hand and the warm sun beaming down on them. He smiled and looked around awaiting her to take the lead.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:45 pm

Standing in the sun of the Piazza Seraphina looked around to get her bearings. She let go of Gabriels hand long enough to pull the scrunchie out od her hair, and run her fingers through it quickly. Her long brown hair came down and framed her face perfectly. She took his hand again, and kissed it as he had done hers so many times before.

She started off for the Grand Canal, with Gabriel in tow, A light breeze playing with hair as she stopped at the pier.

"If you don't mind travel by Gondola, il mio dolce. We can walk it isn't far."

She pulled him close to her and looked up at him admiring his beauty Some where from the recess of her mind she heard her mothers voice. "He would make a good addition to house Alighieri, Sera." Politics to the end mama she thought.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:05 pm

He grinned as she kissed his hand and started her off toward the nearest pier. With a chuckled he helped her into the small boat almost toppling into the water himself. She laughed at him as he took a seat beside her.

"Of course I don't mind travel by gondola mon Cher."

He nodded to the boatman and they started off down the river. He smiled as the sights slowly scrolled past him. Vencie truely was a remarkable city, pitty he had never seen it before and he was to be going to Florence soon. Gabriel found himself hoping that it was just as beautiful as Venice.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:24 pm

Seraphina grabbed Gabriel by the forearms to keep him from falling into the canal. For a breif second she thought of letting him fall, and she smiled as a wicked little light played in her eyes.

Once they were seated she laid her head upon his lap and stared up at the sky. She found it impossible to believe that there was anything in the sky that could harm her.

"Signore, Il distretto del mercato per favore."

"I adore Venice, no city is quite as romantic. Though I am biased towards Florence."

At the mention of the Firenze she became sad.

"I will be leaving for Florence tomorrow afternoon or the next morning."

She reached up and careressed his right cheek.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:09 pm

He smiled as she rubbed his cheek and spoke. He continued to look at the beautiful scenery in the city. He smiled as she talked of the romanticism of the city, it was true. His smile grew when she talked of Florence. How he longed to see her home. What city could give birth to a person wonderful. When her tone saddened as she talked of leaving he squeezed her shoulder and smiled genlty.

"Den w'en you arrive in Florence, I will be waiting for you in de airport."

He smiled looking down upon her, his hand finding her cheek for a moment. He brushed it lightly and leaned down to place a soft kiss upon her lips. He looked straight ahead and his eyes became solid for a moment.

"'ow long is de flight Cheré?"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:42 pm

As he pulled away from kissing her she sighed, heavily.

"A flight from here to Florence is maybe an hour, Caro. I usually travel by train. It is about 2 hours that way. It is only 127 miles bewtween the two."

She smiled up at him before continuing

"So instead of the airport, meet me at the train."

The gondola came to a stop, rocking back as the Gondolier stopped it. Echoing up from the streets was the buzz of the Marcketplace. Seraphina sat up and looked at Gabirel.

"Machiavelli awaits, il mio amore'."

She stood up barely shifting the Gondola in the water, and paid the gondolier.

"Grazie, Signor."

"Grazie, Signora, Signor
."

She nimbly stepped up on the pier and extended her arm out to Gabriel. She amiled at him thinking of his near fall.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:22 pm

He rose and nodded to the Gondolier as he took her hand. She helped him out and he grinned wrapping his arm around her.

"Falcon's weren't meant to swim y'know Cher."

He laughed kissing her cheek as they approached the Machiavelli. With a grin he continued on toward it smiling. It would be interesting to see what this place had to offer. After all he had only seen what she had showed him. He wasn't exactly there to sight see, well yesterday he was not there to sight see. His entire world seemed to have changed in the course of a night.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.