Announcements: RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » NaNoWriMo 2020 » Universe of the Week! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Week Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary » The Political Compass » Song Covers » The Truth of Gung Fu » Member Shoutout Thread »

Players Wanted: Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. » The Children of Ash (Multiverse) » Chronicles of Cre' Est Players Wanted! » Forgiveness - Romantic Drama RP, One Role Open! » Adventurers wanted for the Gala-Dor Expedition » Kingsman: International Affairs »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

The Cabinet of Curiosities

a part of “The Cabinet of Curiosities”, a fictional universe by blvkmvgic.

A murderer on the loose, a new circus in town. Crime and carnage flooding the streets. Where will you fit in? [OPEN|ACCEPTING]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Cabinet of Curiosities”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blvkmvgic on Fri May 15, 2015 8:17 pm

Welcome to The Cabinet of Curiosities OOC!

Thanks for taking the time to visit.
Here you can ask all about the group, inquire about roles, or just discuss!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

blvkmvgic
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Cabinet of Curiosities

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alliqua_Dark on Fri May 15, 2015 9:45 pm

Might I snatch up the Murderous clown role? >_> This looks really cool. I hope for interesting times indeed from this...
EDIT|| Also is there some character sheet you'd like us to use? And since I'm not entirely certain of the clown's use in the story, you could shoot me a PM to discuss it?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alliqua_Dark
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blvkmvgic on Fri May 15, 2015 9:57 pm

Of course Alliqua_Dark!
I'll put a hold on him for you and discuss it via PM in a moment.

blvkmvgic
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Fri May 15, 2015 11:26 pm

Sword Swallower PLEASE!!!! Dibs dibs dibs!

"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blvkmvgic on Fri May 15, 2015 11:38 pm

The reserve is on Malice!
I'm so excited to have you here, too!

blvkmvgic
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Fri May 15, 2015 11:45 pm

May I please take one of the free roles? I was thinking a contortionist with the FC of Sohee?

rubytuesday
Member for 5 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blvkmvgic on Fri May 15, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi RubyTuesday!

You may absolutely have a reserve on one of the original slots.
I'll put it in for you, just let me know whether she will be a performer or a miscellaneous role!

blvkmvgic
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fable on Sat May 16, 2015 7:12 am

Ey-up! c: This sounds like a really awesome roleplay.

Might I reserve the Wolf Boy, perhaps? I should be able to have, at the very least, a WIP submitted by the end of the night.
"When you have a connection with someone, it never really goes away. You snap back to being important to each other because you still are."
- Alex Vause (OITNB)

Fable
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryGashes99 on Sat May 16, 2015 7:19 am

Hi, I was hoping if I'd be able to reserve an open slot. I had an Idea for a performer, who uses special effects to show strange and unnatural things to the audience. Kind of like a magician. The face claim is Hayley Williams.

StrawberryGashes99
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Sat May 16, 2015 7:50 am

Hey is it alright if I change my FC to FKA Twigs?

That's this interesting lady here...

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby McPainty on Sat May 16, 2015 11:52 am

Hey, what's up fishes! How's it going? XD Sorry to crash the party but you all are too beautiful to not to. So hello again to those I know (Malice, I just about died at the Katniss thing) and it's a pleasure to meet you to the people I don't. You guys can call me Gale if you wish, or by my character's name, or really anything you like. I'm not picky so whatever floats your boat.

I'm playing your friendly neighborhood contortionist Matthaus (once he's approved of course, I may or may not have to tweak some things)
roleplay/the-cabinet-of-curiosities/characters/matthaus-ivano

So if you guys want to plot, make friends or enemies, or even just to chat I'm always free! Just let me know! (I don't bite, I promise)
ImageImage

McPainty
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blvkmvgic on Sat May 16, 2015 1:37 pm

Hey Cabinet!

I'm so glad to have you all here.
As per usual, I have McPainty here as my co-GM.
And MaliceInWonderland as the mod.
They are my familiars and, well, some of my favorite writers.
They can answer most of your questions!

StrawberryGashes99, I'm sure we can open up a performer slot for you if you are willing to commit!

Malice, feel free to use Twigs. I'll swap out the gifs on the front page.

Fable, of course you can reserve him! I'll look over the CS you submitted now.

As for the rest...
I encourage everyone to start micro plotting and be mindful of the era!
Aletea and Giggles are already brewing some mischief that involves a kidnapping.
This of course will mean that the freak show will be obligated to act once one of their own goes missing.
Then, they could even try to talk to the police [who are by no means friendly or on their side.]
And say something like, "Hey! Obviously it isn't us if one of us has gone missing!!"

Just some ideas...
So excited to have you all on board!
Feel free to contact me.

xo.

blvkmvgic
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryGashes99 on Sat May 16, 2015 2:03 pm

Thanks! I'll get started on a Character Sheet right now.

StrawberryGashes99
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blvkmvgic on Sat May 16, 2015 3:03 pm

No problem!

McPainty and I have been talking and we decided I will also have a narrator for this group.
This will help avoid a lot of confusion and keep people informed of what's going on as a whole.
Who will be the face of this narrator yet, we're not sure, but it will probably be something ridiculous.

Can't wait to see all of these CS's!

xo.

blvkmvgic
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat May 16, 2015 3:08 pm

Thanks for shooting me an invite! I'd like to Reserve an Open Slot for the uh, Pinhead type character thang!

Stick me with some blades, brah.

Female. Do I need a face claim? :o

I'll start workin' on a character sheet!
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blvkmvgic on Sat May 16, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi Saken!

No problem.
Whenever you're ready just send us a face claim/gif.
I'll reserve a slot for you now!

blvkmvgic
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat May 16, 2015 3:55 pm

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/ ... 8ba590.jpg Facelaim!

Wicked Wicked Little Girl
by PlastikStars from Deviantart. <3

Saken
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PansylovestheBeatles on Sat May 16, 2015 5:15 pm

This sounds pretty boss(look at that using a fifties term). I only watched the last part of Freak Show, but I have to say I adored it and I just don't think I can pass this opportunity up. So if possible I'd love to take a open slot with a face claim of Crystal Reed if that's okay. I think I'll make her super tall-like Kimberly Diamond-a seven foot model from the '70's(who isn't around in '52 obviously).

PansylovestheBeatles
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryGashes99 on Sat May 16, 2015 5:49 pm

I finished my character, Hecate.

StrawberryGashes99
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blvkmvgic on Sat May 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi there PansylovestheBeatles!
So you're going for the Amazon Eve approach?
AWESOME!

I'll reserve a slot!

Hecate looks great, StrawberryGashes99!
Can't wait to see her in action.

blvkmvgic
Member for 5 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!