Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Chosen Few: The Broken Order {Reboot}”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Chosen Few: The Broken Order {Reboot}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:10 am

Hello. If you all could slow down, I am currently in processing at a New Army Base and so I have little time for posts and when I do, I check n have posted n I must restart.
Looking at Julius I cleaned my tears and confessed. "I too ignored the soothsayer...and I too was stabbed by some one I loved."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teddybearhunter on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:52 am

Hello, I really like the concept of this story. I would love to join in if there is room for one more. I was looking over some of the world building information and was wondering if being a druid or shaman would be possible in this setting. If its not possible or would completely throw off the flow of the setting i can understand.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Teddybearhunter
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:26 am

Sorry Creed I'll try to slow down and hope that others will too, I think its just that everyone is too excited for this. Teddy I'd accept a druid/shaman but your character would have to meet us in Tyrule.
I've got none that's good. So... yeah.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teddybearhunter on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:26 am

that's fine, it will give me a little time to work on my character.

Teddybearhunter
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teddybearhunter on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:42 pm

I submitted my character. i hope its alright. Let me know if you think i should fix something.

Teddybearhunter
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bugsly on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:14 pm

So I know you guys have a set lore, or seem too anyways. How exactly does magic work besides taking away energy? My main question is how are spells cast? Do you have to know a specific wording/incantation or do you have to simply think of what you need and use words to make the spell work?

Bugsly
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:40 am

Well the way I think the magic would work in this world, is that having rituals and specific wording is more a way of channeling magic to make it more efficient and making it have a less of a negative effect on your body (energy draining). You could do it silently but doing so is much more difficult. The specific wordings I would say are things that have been found to make it easier to channel magic energy. Its like saying gibberish would help a little but using pre-discovered and confirmed magical words (most in elvish because they've been studying magic for the longest time, the spell names which I would say most magi would know what they mean even if they didn't fully understand the language itself)

IE: Weak magi would need rituals/incantations to channel a specific spell while more powerful magi can do it without making a sound or doing anything, with just the force of their mind to cast the same spell.

Technically anyone can use Magic, its just that properly trained magi have a much easier time casting because they've been studying and practicing for long periods of time.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teddybearhunter on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 am

RCJ, For some reason i cant send a private message to you. So i'll have to do it here.

I can understand why you would think the magic my character has could be strong but i dont see it that way. When i say simple elemental i dont mean skyrim level magic spraying fire from your hands. I mean things like generating heat to start fires by blowing on them( Like Gandalf) My idea of simple is something basic, i'm trying to make a character that fits the theme of what a druid is like.

As for the storm calling I can take it out, but I don't understand how a ritual can make the character too strong. There are multiple drawbacks to the rituals( being interrupted, long wait times, wrong symbols or gestures, or it just doesn't work.) I understand that you are the GM and its your vision, I just wanted you to see my viewpoint. I think the magic of a person who has spent their life bonding with nature should be different than that of someone who learned to cast spells from books and scrolls.

Teddybearhunter
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bugsly on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:39 am

Ok thanks, so for the posts should I just use what I feel the words should be, or figure something else out?

Bugsly
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:22 am

Then the problems have with the magic is just phrasing and detail. I am also going to ask for more detail about the ritual because you said it was a dance but never specified for how long and difficult this ritual was. So all I really need to approve your character is just more detail in the descriptions.

Bugsly you can use your own words for the spells just remember to keep track of them.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonlightWraith on Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:07 am

Bugsly, this is a good website of elvish phrases and there's two sections for spells :P

Teddybearhunter, I think the biggest issue with the storm calling, is a storm can make your character very OP, imagine she knew a battle was on its way, that prior knowledge would give her an edge and then battles would be far less magnificent if lightning is raining down on the battlefield. A druid may have that power, but I would imagine it would be after a large number of years of study and practice to control the storms. A suggestion would be to say that for the Storm Ritual she requires a number of participants, like Traveller magic, and paraphernalia as it requires a lot of energy that even the Nature cannot provide? Just a suggestion.
PS to be able to PM you must have a minimum of 10 posts in a forum, unless it got reduced or I am mistaken.

MoonlightWraith
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bugsly on Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:23 am

Thanks for the website MoonlightWraith!.

Bugsly
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImperatorAlpha on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:02 pm

So it looks like the whole squad is about ready to move out. Will it be as action packed as this?

ImperatorAlpha
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:59 am

I don't think almostinsane has posted so we'll wait for him to do so, then after we reach Tyrule is where we have a change in story teller. I'm going to do this on community vote so the people who want to do the story will pitch a basic idea and we'll vote on which we want to follow through.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImperatorAlpha on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:30 am

I would like to propose that we give almostinsane another twenty four hours, and then prepare to move on.

ImperatorAlpha
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Durandal on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:05 pm

Sounds good to me. Don't want the RP to go stagnant because of one person.
"It is not the substance of our thoughts nor the merit of our actions that shape our legacy but the paths of others that have touched our life."

Durandal
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImperatorAlpha on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:28 am

Well everybody, its been more than twenty four hours. I think its time to move on. RC, think you can write a basic post to get almostinsane's character with the rest of the group, and then we can begin our journey?

ImperatorAlpha
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bugsly on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:24 pm

I think this is a good idea, it's been a while now he can catch up if need be.

Bugsly
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:59 pm

His character knows where the watchers will be going, it's not much of a stretch for the main group to leave him behind. If he comes back his character could have just fallen behind. If he doesn't, we don't need to write a death for him, we could just say he died in the castle.
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:59 pm

I'll be writing a post soon but in the mean time why doesn´t the people who want to take the next mini arc of staying in Tyrule and the beginning of journeying to Sanctum raise their text hands and we'll have a vote on who we want as the next story teller?

The only constraint that I will be placing is that we have to stay in Tyrule for no less than one week but no more than two.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!