Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

In The Concrete Jungle

In The Concrete Jungle

a part of “In The Concrete Jungle”, a fictional universe by Collapse.

A group of homeless youth band together to form a makeshift family on the chaotic streets of New York.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “In The Concrete Jungle”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: In The Concrete Jungle

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:33 am

Alriight my girl is done

Meet Rhiannon
Watch me draw this and other strange things

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaurenAFI on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:34 pm

Too late to bring back Cara :o?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LaurenAFI
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:31 pm

So Um, Just curious, Do I have the part of the Peacemaker or no?

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:15 pm

Hey guys. Try to get your relationships squared away when you can! I'm going to open up the IC within the hour, and then everyone can start posting. Just a few things to note before we start!

I included it on the front page, but here's a basic layout of the basement. It's nothing fancy. The beds would likely be literally just mattresses, or if they could afford to buy or garbage pick a twin sized bed frame, and actual bed. Nothing lavish, obviously, since there's not a much of space. It's basically two rooms and a bathroom (no shower), with the second room being smaller and not actually blocked off from the big room, since there's no door, and it's just an open space to get in. I figured Brooklyn and Nick would've claimed that area because it's a little privater. He probably would have insisted that Lateefah and Holly have it when they came in, but Brooklyn would have shot that down really quick xD. I figured there could be a little table and a couple of old chairs that Finn was probably getting rid of from the restaurant, but it isn't some homey space with a couch or television or anything like that. Just the basic stuff, since it is some old, unfinished basement.

The bigger stairwell in the picture leads up the the restaurant. Which isn't exactly a restaurant. I imagine it being an old Irish pub, that's basically populated by the same old-middle aged people every night. Probably a bunch of alcoholics or people who can't deal with their families and will spend the night there watching a sports games and drinking too many Guinnesses. Most people go there for drink and bar food, so aside from Finn, there would probably be one or two waitresses, with Lateefah being one, and then one additional one to the two, who would come when it's busier on weekends. There'd also be a cook. Finn runs the bar, and he's close with Brooklyn and Nick, which is why they're all allowed in his basement. He's an opinionated, strong willed Irish immigrant who likes to talk a lot ;D. He's probably alright with most of the kids in the basement but he isn't tucking them into bed at night or anything, so it's not like he thinks of them as his own.

The second stairwell is that little box in the top corner, which leads to the alley next to the bar. It's one of these types of openings here. It'd be the easier way to get in and out of the basement when the bar is closed. The bar is probably open from noon to midnight most days.

I think that's most of the basic info I wanted to get out there. As you can tell, it's an open ended roleplay, so I want to see where the characters can take the story! If you have any questions, just ask.

Collapse
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:56 pm

Hey guys I ended up having to go out of town so I am posting on my phone which means I can't do the fancy formatting (aka a name plate or gif) but I will fix it when I get my hands on a laptop again!

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Machine on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:52 am

What would be the best way to write dialogue and scenes between two characters without making a string of 10 word posts? PMing someone is an option, but if I might suggest, I say we should use RPG Write for these scenes.

http://write.roleplaygateway.com/p/oc8OTF7bMM

Does anyone agree?

The Machine
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writer on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm going to post for Holly again tonight!

And I usually just find PMing/IMing to be the easiest for collabs!

Writer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Posting for Tee late tonight or before school. Had projects and my first final thus week, sorry

chanelindistress
Member for 8 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Machine on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:27 am

Sorry I've been gone for so long, personal life got in the way. I don't have time to catch up tonight, so I just posted something character-specific. I'll read up tomorrow when I have more time.

The Machine
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bandit on Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:24 am

@Machine- I might be wrong, but in the last post, wasn't Oliver in the bar? Did he go down to nap after that, or are you saying that the events prior to this post (him helping with the move and going to the bar after eating Subway) hadn't happened?
"…throw roses into the abyss and say: ‘here is my thanks to the monster who didn’t succeed in swallowing me alive.'"
— Friedrich Nietzsche

Bandit
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writer on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:01 am

I was confused by that as well.

Writer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writer on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:38 am

Just realized this slowed down :/. I can post again tonight.

Writer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby predictmeifyoucan on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:03 pm

Thanks, Writer. Nice post btw :)

predictmeifyoucan
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:55 pm

Post was a little rushed - sorry, work scheduals a little crazy this week so I didn't want to have to wait.

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thunder on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:54 am

If it comes up, you can assume that Colton is asleep by now. I'll wake him up in a few hours (IC time obviously).

Thunder
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:08 am

Just a heads up that I probably won't be able to post until Thursday. I'm working an 11 hour shift tomorrow and have a couple of school assignments due by midnight, so I don't know if I'll have much energy left to write.

BurningBridges
Member for 13 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:57 am

Hey guys :)! I hope that final's week is treating all of my fellow students well! It's kicking my ass, but I hope it's better for you all lol. Just writing to let you all know why Nick is still idly chilling at the bar. I don't have much free time right now, with studying and paper-writing and inhaling coffee like it's air, but I'm glad everyone else is continuing to move :D!

Collapse
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaurenAFI on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:14 am

I'm with you, Collapse :(.

BTW, I love Isaac, Charlotte :)! He's adorable!

LaurenAFI
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:04 am

Awww you guys <3 do well on your finals! Make sure you're sleeping! And eating!

Oh and thanks Lauren!!! Isaac is a mess XD but I'm glad he's at least an adorable mess XD

CharlotteV
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:04 pm

Hey everyone!

I know a couple of characters are just chilling right now (Nick included ;D). BB, Writer and Lauren said that they don't necessarily have to keep playing out this scene if we want to do a time skip, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to do the skip yet. I know Bandit said she won't be able to get on/post until Saturday, and the same for Thunder until Friday due to final exams and traveling back home from school. I likely won't be able to post until Thursday/Friday. So, if the rest of you are really anxious for the time skip (maybe to later that night so we can see Tee and Colton interact and so on), I'm okay with doing that, but if not, it might make sense to let the three girls and everyone else, write on until Thursday or so. Like, it just might not make sense to skip now if no one can post due to the craziness of finals weeks. Just let me know :).

Collapse
Member for 8 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!