The Crimson Knight Assault on New Terra

a topic in W.I.N.G.E.D., a part of the RPG forum.

The Crimson Knight Assault on New Terra

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:04 am

The Crimson Knights have made their first post in their assault on New Terra.

time-for-action-t4366.html#p64001

Let's move quickly, folks. How many people do we have?
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller

Re: The Crimson Knight Assault on New Terra

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:19 pm

I have a pan, and I am re-introducing the old Orbital Cannon. This time, it got upgrades over the 10 year timeskip. Also introducing the Earth Cradle. It is a massive dome, underneath the crust, powered by fusion and geothermal energy, and if need be, a place to hold last stands on. Its a limited scale factory, and can make enough food, water, and medical supplies for a good one hundred million human souls, the catch is that once it seals fully, no one gets out for at least 3 months. Think of it as the Ark, but for plantery warfare.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:29 pm

Yeah, way later though. That would be used for bombardment of their planet, I imagine.

We have to keep in mind we want to make sure they launch their full force here - from an OOC perspective, I mean. We don't want to annihilate them right off the bat... let's make sure they know they're respected, and let's make sure they have fun. :)

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller

RPF Manual; the fighting style to use.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:56 am

RPF Manual

First, its important to understand what RPF (Role-Play Fight) means. It designates a Type of RP which is centered around the combative aspects of the game. Each RPF Match has a specific Format, which will be explained later on. RPF is One of Three types that you’ll see in any RP Community. An RPF may or may not have some kind of actual storyline involved with it, sometimes their characters being used not even logically making sense as to why they were there and fighting each other in the first place.

The history of RPF is very old, almost as old as RPing itself. It originally started years ago at a number of different places around the internet, beginning as but a simple question: "If these characters were to battle, who would win?" This lead to the creation of this RP Type, where players would engage each other in battle to see which characters were better. This later evolved into the sport of "RP Fighting", and turned into a competition where players would test their skills against one another for fame and glory.

In this manual, you will learn all there is to know about RP Fighting, and how to apply it in battles.

RPF Formats

Spar: A friendly training match where you are NOT allowed to kill your opponents. Instead, you must defeat them either by getting them to declare a surrender, score a "K.O." (Knock Out) on them, or otherwise make it impossible for them to continue the match.

Duel: The classic 1vs1 battle where two opponents face-off against each other in armed or unarmed combat. In order to win these matches, you must either K.O. your adversary, get them to declare a surrender, make it impossible for them to continue the battle, or outright kill them.

FFA (Free For All): Every man for himself! The ever popular battle where you and at least three or more other players go head to head. Alliances are cheap in these fights, as those who you see as friends would likely stab you in the back while you aren’t paying attention. The winner of these matches is the last one standing…literally.

Survival: Also commonly known as "Walk-In Battles", these are Melee Matches that have no set ending. One player versus anyone willing to jump into the arena with them. These kinds of battles only come to an end when you finally fall or there is no one left with the balls to challenge you. Players beware, these fights are notorious for mobs (Large groups of opponents swarming you all at once).

Team: A kind of match where you and your opponent form parties of allies to duke it out against each other in massive battles. Win by totally obliterating the enemy team with the help of your friends.

RPF Basics

Chronological Ordering: The passage of time between actions in posts. As your character is performing acts, whether they be movements, talking, or even thinking, the other characters in the battle are also doing things. Just like in real life, your opponent won’t likely just stand around while you are doing things.

Interruption: The negation of an opponent’s post by cutting them off. In Chronological Ordering, if the situation allows for it, you can successfully cancel out the rest of a person’s actions by doing something in your post following their own which specifically interferes with them. An example of such would be if your opponent is on the other side of the room, runs across the floor towards you, and then declares an attack. In your post, if you attack him before he mounted his attack, then the rest of his post would be negated, and thus outright ignored.

Trap Move: Actions performed during battles that are meant to cause an "Insta-kill", also called "Critical Blows/Strikes" by others. These kinds of attacks work by setting them up during one of your turns, designed to get your opponent to walk right into them during their turn. If they do end up falling for the Trap Move, then in your next post, you are free to force the attack and describe what happened to them, even if it means them being killed.

Fake-Out: In the event someone DOES manage to pull a Trap Move on you, if what they described would NOT have worked on your character (Such as someone poisoning you, and your character happens to be immune to all poison or some such), then you would perform a "Fake-Out" in your next post afterwards to "re-describe" what exactly happened to your character.

Checkmate: The deciding post in the battle. "Checkmate" is declared to signify when a character has been soundly defeated in the fight. When your opponent(s) are unable to avoid/block/counter an attack which will surely cause them to lose (Whether it be them getting knocked out or outright killed), they have no other choice other than to take the hit. Formally speaking, they are expected to describe their defeat themselves, but if they don’t want to, they have the option to agree to let you or someone else do it for them instead.

RPF Mechanics

An RPF Match is, in truth, no different from any other fight in real life. All battles revolve around the concept of "RP Reality", the same principles associated with our world but with the addition of fantasy elements (Ex: Magical Powers, Spiritual Abilities, Mecha, Mythical/Fictional Races, etc.). Aspects constantly present within our own reality are still the same, such as physics, time, etc. As such, its not possible for someone to dodge/block EVERYTHING that you do. However, it may not always be so easy to land a hit on your opponent.

RPF is all about strategy, very similar to playing a game of Chess. When you make an action, it causes your opponent(s) to make reactions in return. You and your enemies continue this pattern, trying to cleverly outwit each other so as to attain victory. Everything you do is important, and can drastically turn the tides either for or against you. What you want to do at all costs is to avoid taking as much damage as possible, as even simple injuries may prove to hinder you later on as the battle progresses. The only time it is recommended to willingly take a hit, is so you can use it as a means to inflict greater damage upon your adversary, perhaps even defeat them in one swift motion.

When dealing with fantasy elements, its important to remember that, even though such things do not exist in real life, this does not excuse them for being half-assed. Just because you don’t see things like Magic being performed in reality, doesn’t make it any less real in RP Reality. ALL FANTASY ELEMENTS HAVE LOGICAL EXPLANATIONS FOR HOW THEY WORK. If you or your opponent is incorporating such elements in a fight, then you will both be expected to be able to explain them to at least a reasonable degree so that they make sense. You CANNOT deny your opponent asking you for an explanation of how something that you used works. If you do hold back information, then your opponent is free to substitute their own explanation for it instead, which you will NOT be allowed to dispute afterwards. All players, in any of the RP Types, are expected to take responsibility for their own decisions.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is pretty much the gist of it all. Unfortunately, knowing all of this is only half of it. If you want to get good and develop your fighting skills, there’s only one way to do it. Go out there and start kicking some ass!

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:15 pm

I've posted this via PM to their RAID Leader, Sugarcube:
Remaeus wrote:Well, Earth is Trantor's Territory. New Terra is the WINGED home planet, a few systems over from Terra, which is a mostly dead planet perfect for our first engagement.

I saw how you guys utilize the different universes and portals between them? I'm willing to bet you guys could write in a direct jump from Earth to Terra, and we could engage you there.

New Terra has a no-jump field, so the only way in (or out) is through secured jumpgates, or through normal space. I definitely hope to have a few more engagements before we get to the final battle at New Terra.

Sound good to you?

This outlines OOCly what I'm hoping to do. I need those of you controlling WINGED characters to make your posts in response to the New Terra Beacon, assembling your characters and forces. Let's get this done by the weekend.

I'm going to have a severely injured Master appear on the surface of Old Terra, so I need a small contingent of people to come pick him up and ferry him to New Terra. I'm expecting CK to be hot on these guys' heels, at which point the rest of the forces will jump in to meet CK for our first WINGED vs. CK battle.

Also, Warr's post about his Metaversal War is a precursor to some more events that need to unfold. We've got two open spots for neutral parties to jump in and create their homeworlds, freely - if anyone wants to create their own empire, or has friends that want to do this, please take this opportunity to post new threads about the locations that Warr mentioned. I hope to see someone posting this stuff by late April. If anyone wants to do it, please just go do it.

Thanks for everything so far, folks. Keep up the great work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Just so you know, as you may well not do. There is no Old Terra. There is only New Terra, called such because 'Old' Terra got destroyed. It was then remade and renamed.

Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Apparently. So... now that there's no extended campaign of fight things out, I guess we're all going to duke it out in one big final battle. Cool. All thread titles have been edited to reflect that this isn't taking place on Earth, it's around New Terra.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:06 pm

Alright, I need this fighting to be taken to the ground at some point in the near future. Our elites will move in when the space battles and flying stuff... stops.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:00 pm

I've been speaking with both sides on it, it sounds like Ryand and Saladin are the only ones who want to keep it in space.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Umm... No.

I am on the ground at the moment. I detest space fighting. You should know that, Justin.

Kthnx.

:D

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:17 pm

My bad. I meant to say, it sounds like you two are the last holding out for army-vs-army. Your Kalente (sp?) army versus whatever they throw out on the ground, and Ryand's Trantor fleet against whatever they have in space.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed May 21, 2008 10:09 am

So basically, I've deleted a post where Jii tried to erase everything that happened in the war.

Assuming that they get some posts up for withdrawal, it would be good to follow them home to their boards on AnimeLeague and continue the fight there.

If they don't post a withdrawal, I would appreciate if you guys respond as if they did - send their characters disappearing into a portal or something.

If you're pissed off about this whole ordeal, join the club. Not only had I spent a large portion of my time trying to get them to play fairly, but I've put our reputation as a site on the line here.

I don't have the heart to go over to AnimeLeague and continue the fight. But I'd love to see it happen.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Wed May 21, 2008 5:50 pm

I've been thinking about heading over there myself, and was actually hoping to wage it over there.

I'd love for this war to happen the right way as well, however I'm appalled by Jii's astoundingly massive ego, and unwillingness to even make an attempt at cooperating. I'll discuss this with a few friends before deciding on whether or not I want to go off and do this.

However, despite all this nonsense, its definitely given me something to put some actual effort into.

I wonder if they're able to forcibly ignore us, though?

I have heard some stuff from Zhelir that would suggest so.

Alucroas
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu May 22, 2008 8:53 am

Well, I bet if you guys head over there and follow their rules (as much as possible) - don't make asses of yourselves - you'll be successful. There's a lot of people over there that don't like Jii and CK, and they'll take your side if you show that you're not douchebags.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Thu May 22, 2008 3:04 pm

I'll take what you said into account, and try to apply it as much as possible.

As far as their rules go, I just read them all very carefully several times over, and I'm not seeing anything about Jii's opinion on characters being allowed to have powers.

In fact I'm seeing just the opposite in the description of his cities and the inhabitants. I'll be sure to take that into account if another possible argument ensues.

This isn't a rule he brought in is personal opinion, and as such - can't be applied to the rules, partially because it was never there to begin with.

Nonetheless, I'll try to be reasonable with them.

Alucroas
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Thu May 29, 2008 10:57 am

After much deliberation with some friends of mine, I've decided to launch an assault.

Alucroas
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Excellent. Can you detail for me who all will be heading that direction?

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Fri May 30, 2008 9:56 am

It's really just going to be myself and Baptista this time around, however I am starting to question whether or not he'll actually be available to come in.

The decision to launch an assault has been made, however I still need at least two more people before actually going through with it. As of now, it's more a matter of whether or not I can gather up enough people - I almost had Ryand, but he pulled out after a few days.

Not to mention, Zhelir went head over heels, trying to convince me not to do it, just for the sheer crap the judges and admins may be pulling over there.

They're currently engaging a rather powerful adversary at the moment, so I may try to convince him into being an unofficial ally in this engagement.

However since today is a friday, I'd like to try and make a post tonight, seeing as how I'm seeing a very big opening in the thread.

Alucroas
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:49 am

I have initiated an assault on The Cathedral of Ashrum: Otherwise known as The Crimson Knight's home turf, annd was promptly greeted with a few aggravated members, PM'd no less than an hour afterwards, already looking to toss this assault out the window and ignore it completely, making claims that there is absolutely no IC-justification whatsoever, and that I apparently have to meet some sort of "qualification" in order to actually launch an assault.

Here are the PM's I was sent.

#1 Jii.

The battle with Draco was removed, for a number of reasons. In addition, the war between CK and RPGateway never took place, nor have our characters ever interacted/crossed paths before. As such, your post is currently in violation of two out of the three rules for RPN; "God Moding" and "Meta Gaming".

These are the options I am prepared to give to you:

1: Edit your post so as to make it legal. This would involve overhauling 2/3s of the content, as well as providing a different reason for justifying you're being here. If you are going upon what was written by me in Babylon City? The Crimson Knights did indeed attack a planet called "New Terra", but it was not the New Terra you and the rest of the RPGers are from. If this was indeed the case, then you should have tried contacting me first about it to see if that was the case or not.

2: You refuse to edit your post to our specifications. This will lead to you being reported to CN's Staff, whereby you will then be dealt with accordingly, and have your post deleted as well as no longer being allowed to post anything at all in that thread from here on out.

If I do not recieve a response from you soon with your chosen decision, I will automatically assume you have chosen the 2nd option, and proceed from there.

#2 The ever so lovable Reno.. -_-;

Best to properly familiarize yourself with the simple rules of RPN before you come in and start posting nonsense that doesn't exist. Oh, that? Just a sample of the place you'll end up if you fail to clue yourself in. Listen, padre, I left your site to put some hypothetical distance between myself and your lot. I was more than happy to leave you all alone, even though you tried to hoodwink me and my friends. Too bad they didn't listen to me from the start (WINGED was a total fabrication intended to bait the CK for reasons that lack foresight and common sense). In any event, I'd appreciate it if you didn't darken this place with your petty IC vengeance crusade. Even if you had adequate justification (which you don't), you would quickly find that campaigns such as the one you're currently attempting to engage in have failed due to being fundamentally unacceptable (again, see the rules, which are simple enough for any idiot to understand).

Basically, I don't feel like having to deal with any of you on any level. Do us all a favor and just stick to your own little corner of the internet. Nobody wants to see me go crazy again, least of all you.

Of course, if you were coming here to offer apologies and attempt to make amends and such, then you'll see no objections from me. I highly doubt that's your intent though. You're pissed off about something. Maybe it's my shitty attitude, or maybe Jii's actions, or some ridiculous combination of gagglefucked cockfuckery that went down over at your site. Of course, you've nobody to blame but yourselves for causing it in the first place. Pointless secretive discussions trying to cast so-and-so in a negative light, for self-serving purposes that don't even go anywhere. Circular arguments are fallacious, and meaningless, just like everything that was caused by your misguided actions. Uh-uh-uh-uh. No. Don't think that thought. It's a waste of effort.

I can come back to your house anytime I like, and the only thing that stopped me before was the fact that I don't like you (collectively referring to RPGateway people) and your roundabout way of doing things. As long as I didn't need to interact with you, it was fine. Let it be, ya know? But now you're here, intentionally trying to get in my face. I'll give you your comeuppance. You won't even know what it is, or more importantly, why.

Get out. Before it's too late. Seriously, I don't want to make this into one of those "big deals". That's so 1999. C'mon. =/

As a side-note Reno walked into #GWing last night, looking for me and decided to bring it upon himself to harass a number of users, (Can't say I wasn't entertained by his stupidity, unfortunately)Me and Arrogance pretty much argued with the man until ConvolutedMusings finally banned him from the room.

And last but not least the response I sent to Jii's PM, which I sent a couple of hours ago.

Before I choose to accept or go through with ANY of these options you've presented to me, I want to speak to you directly, because I'm rather suspicious of how one can simply ignore an entire war, just because they didn't like it and freely ignore a counter-assault then report a user to the ops, because said user didn't adjust themselves to the enemy's exact specifications.

So yes, I am willing to make changes, but after some direct discussing of the matter at hand.

Why?

Clearly, by that post, you missed a few things, and obviously I either A) didn't read the rules of RPN thoroughly enough despite having read it at least six times before coming here.

And there's also some fundamental elements in this IC-Justification that I posted back on RPGateway

It's also reccomended that you speak with the owner of RPGateway before throwing any accusations towards me, since his encouragement was indeed a big factor in me even contemplating coming here.

--

As for Reno, he claims he tried to resolve the situation, however all I've seen so far has been relentless flaming, coming into OUR IRC chat-room and harassing not only me but other users as well, getting himself banned a SECOND time.

He's also failed to provide any form of proof that he's made any of these alleged attempts.

Please keep the man in line, and inform him that when I say ignore him, I mean ignore his PMs that involve screaming at me. Anything ICly, or OOCly is just fine.

As for the profiles, I'll bring them to you shortly. Agron is the only one that lacks a profile, although the abilities I told you he has have NOT changed at all, provided certain elements will be restricted. I'll have a profile up for him tonight and PM it to you.

I've suggested a direct discussion with Jii in order to get this all sorted out, and told him I wasn't going to do anything about my post unless I spoke to him directly. I also informed him that Eric had encouraged the assault, (WHICH YOU DID, SO DON'T COME YELLING AT ME)

So as of now, it appears we're in a little pickle, and there's no way in Hell I'm going to simply let myself get bombarded by a swarm of CKers who do not wish to put up with what they themselves have caused.

Alucroas
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!