Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism »

Players Wanted: Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! »

The Day I Ruined our Stage Band's Live Recording

a topic in The Writer's Lounge, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

A place for original short stories, fanfiction, essays, and the like.

The Day I Ruined our Stage Band's Live Recording

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby CaptainGrue on Sat May 02, 2020 1:16 pm

An anecdote from my life.

There was this time I was playing trombone as part of my high school stage band. We were getting our set recorded in conjunction with a uni's staging/lighting/filming course. We had rehearsed it: once at school before we left to the uni, twice in their equipment room, and then once on stage when everything was set up before they needed to start filming. Everything went perfectly. I was particularly fond of Jungle Boogie.

Lights, camera, action. Superstition goes off without a hitch. We get to Jungle Boogie and I can't find my music. We'd specifically been told to have our music in order so it all goes smoothly and I swear to god I'd double checked, triple checked etc. The guy to my left is giving me deathstares because he's also 2nd trombone and we read off the same music. While he pretends to play the conductor is now giving me deathstares because I'm stumbling through my folder wondering where the HELL Jungle Boogie is. It's like halfway through the song at this point, and I've put my trombone down to flip through every piece of paper in my folder. 1st trombone would also be giving me deathstares if he wasn't carrying us like a champion. The sheet was bloody stuck behind Superstition, in the right spot but somehow perfectly glued to it in some miracle of static electricity and divine punishment.

At least there was no live audience, I thought. And the purpose was to teach these uni students how to record and edit together a video of a live performance. No chance out of all the cameras to turn to that anyone would notice in the final version. So I get the video and I swear to god those bastards specifically chose to hold the shot on me stumbling around centre frame for almost thirty excruciating, horrible seconds.

My brain likes to remind me of all this before bed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

CaptainGrue
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Streamwatcher Person of Interest Promethean World Builder Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Builder Greeter Arc Warden Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!