Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

As the Dead Bleed (open, cmon in! Fantasy action roleplay.)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

As the Dead Bleed (open, cmon in! Fantasy action roleplay.)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanguinity156 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:58 pm

AS THE DEAD BLEED

Welcome to the land of Lyddosus,a land similar to earth. Humans inhabit the land, simple creatures who live off their farms and keep the peace between themselves and other races, along with the tribal scalefolk, brutish and deadly warriors who roam the jungles and caves, the fallen, a mix of the three races who have fallen from life and passed death to be reborn into eternal life as a rotting corpse, and the ascendants, a biomechanical race whose daily life and ultimate goals are shrouded in mystery. This is the overworld. The Humans live to the east, the Scalefolk to the south, the Ascendants to the North, and the Fallen to the West. The Fallen are excommunicated from the other three races in accordance with the Rhydsa’il pact written a millennia before present day. Where Rhydsa’il law governs, the Fallen are outlawed. But where the lawless reign, the Fallen are welcome, sometimes with open arms. The borders of the West are shrouded in a dense red fog named bloodfog, where men have gone insane as they have tried to pass. The fog was not always present, but no one knows what has brought it on. The other three races are preparing in case of a war, and all official ambassadors and representatives of the Fallen have disappeared, brought down by assassins of the Fallen themselves. These events have caused confusion. You can take advantage of the confusion, try to solve it, or ignore it. The choice is up to you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sanguinity156
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: As the Dead Bleed (open, cmon in! Fantasy action rolepla

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanguinity156 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:02 pm

RACES

Ascendants- Biomechanical beings who hold much of the scientific progress in the world. They hold arrogance in their intelligence, and believe that once they have outpaced the rest of Lyddosus enough in technological advancement, they will find a way to leave and find a better homeworld. They tend to shy away from war, as they believe weapon-related technology to be a waste of time, practically a sin. However, rogue sects of the Ascendants believe the opposite, that their true meaning to existing is to become living, breathing deathmachines.
Humans- Hardworking people who keep the law, whether it is by gold or by steel. They are well liked by the other races, for their humble nature and strong will and integrity. Due to this, they are great mediators and peacekeepers, and rarely must stain the land they love so much with the blood of those who defy peace.
Scalefolk- Bestial tribesmen who protect the living creatures that reside in all lands. They act as liaisons between the four races and the natural world that surrounds them. They worship animal Archons as the beginnings of themselves and the animals, and the gods who created the humans and ascendants. They are the most hostile towards the Fallen, as they see them as walking abominations to the gods. The humans have a difficult time talking them out of war.
The Fallen- Undead folk who come from all races. They have died and been brought back to life, but through some unholy and evil means. They rot as if they are dead, but have found ways to reverse the rotting periodically to prevent total destruction, but no cure for their affliction has been found. Numerous groups, both Fallen and living, are attempting to stop the cure research, saying it is a gift to be able to rot and renew it, rather than be forced to watch it happen. Ever since the bloodfog has descended upon the borders, all signs of activity are gone, even from the air. Something is happening here and none of the living know what.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sanguinity156
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanguinity156 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 pm

RULES

1. Be literate, please. I’m gonna ask for at least a paragraph minimum in each of your posts. No special formatting required, but if you do add some formatting, don’t go insane. You don’t need to state the name of your character or anything as long as you have one character. Otherwise you’ll need to at least pick two pictures or add the name to your post in a clear way.

2. Try to be agreeable with other roleplayers. Character grudges are fine, just keep them to the characters and not yourselves. I’ve witnessed the deaths of too many good roleplays because everyone hated their fellow roleplayers.

3. No godlike powers will be allowed. You’re all subject to each other’s actions. The only time a god will intervene is- oh jeez, I can’t tell you that!

4. Every now and then, you must check the world news board to see urgent events and info.

5. You don’t have to make a profile. Just post. However, make your first post a well-thought introductory post that exemplifies your character(s) behavior, race, etc

6. If you must talk in OOC, you can use a double parentheses or bracket: (()) [[]] {{}}, or by prefacing your OOC text with OOC.

Any new rules will be added here.

Sanguinity156
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanguinity156 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:09 pm

WORLD NEWS BOARD

All the land-wide news will be put here. As was stated earlier, it is important for you to check this often to know what is going on in the world.

November 7th, 2012: The assassinations have just recently taken place. The bloodfog has begun to appear, clearing out villages on the border like wildfire. The scalefolk are enraged by these events, and the official tribal council is debating whether or not to declare war. The Humans are trying to calm them down. The Ascendants are staying neutral.

Sanguinity156
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanguinity156 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:29 pm

I woke up in a daze. The sun beat on my face, and my entire body felt like someone had taken a mace to it. It hurt to sit up as my eyes got used to the extreme brightness of my current location. It appears I'm in a desert, most likely the south. And pretty far south by the looks of it. A large bandit group's territory marker sits nearby, the piked skull sitting on a pole, horns cut off. Most likely a scalefolk skull, used to show an example of what happens to intruders. I saw my sword, bloodsteel, nearby, its magnificent crimson blade gleaming in the sun. I got up and stretched, multiple joints in my body making popping noises. I stooped to pick up my sword, and scanned my surroundings. I saw a small village in the distance. It seemed to be outside the markers, so I started towards it. Just as I was nearing, a crossbow bolt whizzed past my head. I quickly turned around and crouched, holding my sword at a diagonal angle in a defensive stance. "Who dares to attack Reyjol Warborn?" I shouted as I scanned my attacker.

((I feel I should mention that this was left as an open-ended post for someone to continue.))

Sanguinity156
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:44 am

Ko stood tall and proud, atop the knoll of sand. Everything about her scalefolk ceremonial garb was meant to intimidate, from the yellow sand tiger fangs, the pelt, the claws, the strings of beads hanging from her, the ram's horn full of crossbow shafts. She narrowed milky white eyes, and did not lower her crossbow from her cheek an inch.

"I am Ko-Dewa-she of the Sand Tiger clan," the warrior cried in a proud voice. "You are trespassing, here!"

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanguinity156 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:49 pm

"Well, Ko-Dewa-she of the Sand Tiger clan, I seem to remember a territory marker in the opposite direction, and the skull was facing the other way. Which means that territory was on the other side. Now," Reyjol said as he pointed his sword defiantly at Ko. "Unless you mean to tell me two scalefolk tribes have touching borders, as you well know you never do, I suspect you're more than border guards. If you want to lose your pretty little head, you can try to fight me. Or if you wish to make some easy coin, you can give me supplies and point me out of this damned desert. But I'm assuming you'd rather just leave this unscathed, so I'll turn the other cheek." The human turned his back to the scalefolk and began his walk to the village again, as it was still a ways off. He reached for a hidden flask of acid he kept within his cloak, the numerous buckles on his bag, cloak and belt jingling as his arm moved to the hidden pocket. He gripped the neck of the flask with two fingers and his thumb, ready to lob the corrosive liquid at his assailants, should they continue to harass him.

Sanguinity156
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Ko's features turned into a snarl. "You do not know Scalefolk as well as you think, Stranger. The Sand Tiger clan and the Iron Crane clan have struck an alliance in wake of the happenings Beyond the Sand."

He turned and walked away from her. She considered peppering his back with a few more crossbow shafts.

"You have an arrogance to you, Stranger, one that is not earned in these lands!" she cried. "What mastery you think you hold all comes to nothing."

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanguinity156 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Reyjol froze in his tracks and turned around, stealthily hiding the flask back in its pocket." What do you mean, the happenings Beyond the Sand? Is war being waged?"

He scrunched his face into a look of fury when she demeaned his skill. "If you think me so weak, put down that crossbow and I'll put down my sword. Let us handle this with our hands, not our steel." He challenged her, sheathing his sword and tossing it to the side. He removed his gear to reveal a numerous amount of odd barbed wires circling his torso at every odd angle. "You made a mistake thinking you could bring vengeance down upon me." He got into a fighting stance, hands in front of him." Now you get to see a Warborn in action. If you're lucky you'll be alive to tell it to your scaly bastard grandchildren."

Sanguinity156
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:46 am

"Peace, little Trink," the scaline gave a rather fearsome grin. She matched him in height. She did not step down. "I do not question your battle prowess, only the state of your body. Not moments ago you were unconscious in the grasp of our desert. If you would have rather wished me leave you to nature's ways, then I would gladly turn back time."

A wind sprang up, casting a bit of sand over the man's cast away sword.

"Pick up your blade before the Kresh'ya claims it," she nodded ahead to the village. "Walk with me, little Trink, and under my charge my people will give you rest, food, and all the answers you may need."

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanguinity156 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Reyjol, never taking his eyes off of the scalefolk in front of him, carefully sidestepped to his sword and picked it up. As he put the belt back on, he spoke. "I do not need you to get supplies and bedding. All I want to know is why I'm here. And if you had a hand in my presence in your little hole of a land, you'll be sorry." He said as he turned around and began walking to the village.
Last edited by Sanguinity156 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanguinity156
Member for 12 years

Yddri Uisce-Iarran seemed, through practice, to move lightly on the sand. A cloak of white feathers raimented her tawny shoulders against the desert heat, and her long toes pushed easily off the searing earth. All the same, sand was sand, and though its pull and tug on the bare feet of the runner had a trained familiarity-- the only ground she'd ever run on-- she breathed deeply and fully before Ko was in calling distance.

"Ko-Dewa!" She spoke, breaking to a long-strided walk and hefting her spear, carved in the likeness of an elongated, wingless crane. "Across the plains I saw your bow rise and an arrow fall; need you a fellow weapon to deal with that truant, or is all hale with you?" The tigress had not fired another arrow and the man had picked himself up and looked to the village, but she could hope for bloodshed yet; the crane was no pacifist or diplomat at heart. She was not above springing from behind when truce had been won, like a long-necked waterbird who let the muskrat swim heedlessly by its legs, only to pluck it from the currents as it neared bank.

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanguinity156 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:30 pm

"And now the birdling believes my blood must be shed as well? No wonder I'm having such a good time." Reyjol muttered as the second scalefolk approached. "You need not worry for your lands if you would show me the way out of them. I don't much like your home and would like to go to mine." He continued as he drew his blade. "And if you won't show me out, I'll fight my way out."

Sanguinity156
Member for 12 years

"Hold, little egret," Yddri said, lip curling as she planted her spear firmly. "Strange tidings to see one such as you here." The shell-breads strung about her neck clattered as she swung the spear back over her shoulder, where it slid haft-first between her back and a diagonal sash of leather, lying angled on her shoulder if she should need it. And again, she was not above a little treachery for the love of bloodshed.

"He's not a suicide," she remarked lightly to Ko. That was what she had expected, after seeing that the man was a human and not an enemy spy from other clans-- a warrior too shamed over some failed sense of honor, now slugging through enemy territory in search of a reckless death by combat. She ran her eyes over him again. A stranger, to be sure, and the unbidden image of a laughing clansman came to her mind. She had not seen him for years now.

Even the Iron Crane had hearts.

"You know the way," she remarked, pointing to the grey-shadowed distance. "Yonder village. But mark you, unless you seek another nap in the sand, it would behoove you to lay up with us for water and food. These slow-rising dunes trick the eyes, and the human settlers built their homes far from us." She smiled. "It would take some days, little egret."

"Pass me the water-skin, Jole," Truth demanded wearily. The addressed man smiled his stilted smile and the human glowered at him, sweat plastering streaks of black hair to his neck and forehead, and he made a half-hearted punch at the metal man's side. Jole's expression widened into a chinkling laughter, so well-manufactured it was almost human. "Being alive isn't funny," the young man snapped. With a shake of his head and the same strange smile, Jole gave him the canteen. He carried all the water, as he didn't fatigue from the weight so easily as the human.

"No," Jole remarked. "Life isn't funny at all. Life is a composite whole-- to interpret it as a cosmic joke might charm the Voltaires and satyrs among us, but it serves only one facet of a many-windowed truth." Then, condescendingly, "your flesh is susceptible to much, though, and the fact that you've survived against the Darwinian odds for so long, in a world of scale-folk and Ascendants, is beyond sublime."

"You want funny," Truth snapped, taking long, heavy gulps of warm water, "consider the reproduction of the hyena. There's an evolutionary joke that'll get you in stitches."

((Tell me if I can't use Earth-knowledge like Darwin and Voltaire, and I'll edit this post))

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanguinity156 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:30 pm

"I will not take space in your village. I may not remember how I got here, but I remember who I am. And I am not a begging vagabond. I will buy supplies from you and be on my way. Unless you have something you must say. And from that twinkle in your eye as you examined me, it seems you do. Now point me to the nearest market, and I will be on my way." Reyjol remarked as he sheathed his sword once again. It lightly thrummed this time, and Reyjol heard the familiar voice of his companion sword in his head: Just kill them, massacre the village, and be on your way. You know you have the power to. He resisted the urges of his weapon's sentient spirit as he passed the birdling. "And if you wish to keep all of your feathers, don't call me a little one of your kind again."

Once he managed to walk ahead of Yddri, he found time to contemplate his situation. Why am I in this hellhole of a desert? What lead up to my presence here? And why is she so familiar? I can't shake the feeling that I know her from somewhere, I just don't know where.

((That's fine, they can just be from books and such. That brings up a good point. I was planning on this world being some time after an apocalypse wiped out present-day man, thus explaining the animal hybrids, possible mutants, and the Ascendant's technology, and the Fallen as a whole.))

Sanguinity156
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!